June 2018 Moms

Weekend Randoms 2/24 & 2/25

What’s happening, people?

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Weekend Randoms 2/24 & 2/25

• Loading the player...
  • @sunshineandwhiskey Rest up and get well!! Sorry you are sick. 

@sabby2 I just had a convo with MH where he talked about how much he spends on eating out. I’m like, you clearly don’t know how much I spend on groceries...

@Amphibious22 GL with your packing. That is the toughest part of moving. Enjoy your shower and party tomorrow! That will be so fun. 

@catlady1215 It sounds like you will be able to have a really productive day! FX no one comes home with a new illness. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @sunshineandwhiskey feel better!!

@catlady1215 have a nice day to yourself!

@Amphibious22 good luck packing and have fun at your shower and party!

@LaceyBee522 right?? I write the daycare checks every week too..
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Womp womp. He's already lost twice so guessing they'll be heading home soon. Atleast i got a couple hours to myself... but did none of that research. Instead I've been on Amazon buying a fidget cube for the kid. Cat litter mats for the cats. The big brother doctor scrubs for DS for delivery day. And now looking at matching brother clothes for the hospital stay lol 

@sunshineandwhiskey hope you feel better!

@amphibious22 good luck getting it all done!

@laceybee522 enjoy the mani/pedi time!
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Just general cleaning, grocery shopping here. We're maybe going to go play DND tonight with friends, so that could be fun. I've never played but DH loves it 

• krash_krash_ member
    edited February 2018
    @catlady1215 at least you still got some very important amazon shopping done! 

@LaceyBee522 enjoy the mani/pedi! I should do that. Maybe as a treat myself before the shower. 

@Amphibious22 hope you get all the packing done! It’s nice if your coworkers to throw you a party. I’m sure you’ll find something at Motherhood. 

@sabby2 mmm pancakes sound good! And I’m sure YH can handle a few things if you do the regular grocery shopping. 

@sunshineandwhiskey hope you feel better soon! Rest and hydrate! 

@May14th2011 have fun playing DND! Or just hanging out. 

AFM...we have an ice dam  :s it was leaking into our master bath last night. We are going to get a roof rake and we made some ice salt panty hose things to try to melt it. Joys of the first year in a house. Then I’m hoping to just get some cleaning and organizing done. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @sunshineandwhiskey oh no!! Feel better. I can't imagine being that sick while pregnant. Get lots of rest!!

@May14th2011 we had our last DND night with our group here on Thursday. It's tons of fun if you just give in and embrace the nerdiness. 

@krashke ack that sounds brutal! That's definitely one reason I'm happy we decided to rent instead of buy our house. I'm still not ready to have to be in charge of stuff like that instead of just calling the landlord. 

@sabby2 I need all your CD knowledge!! Especially a wash routine that is that good. We're not going to start until he fits into one size since a newborn stash seemed overwhelming to me. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• sabby2sabby2 member
    edited February 2018
    @Amphibious22 it's a learning curve.  DD was 8 lbs at birth so I'm expecting that this guy will fit my OS pretty quick after birth. I'm going to borrow my friend's newborn stash to try too.

Fluff Love and Cloth Diaper Science has a super helpful and informative website. They also have a super helpful FB group where I had an admin help me with a washing routine specific to my washer, water hardness, and detergent choice.  Definitely worth checking out.

Eta website:

https://www.fluffloveuniversity.com/

So helpful!!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• @sabby2 Clean cloth diapers are the best. Our cloth are due for a good deep clean. They smell fine dry but have a stink when wet. 

@krashke Not even gonna ask WTF a panty hose salt thing is. Not something we have to deal with in our area...

@Amphibious22 We did disposables the first month before starting cloth with both kids. Technically they fit in the OS at birth but it was an awkward fit and I also felt overwhelmed by having a newborn stash.

• Props to you cloth diaper moms! That seems like a huge commitment!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @2589 it was at first but I actually  (dh did too) ended up preferring cloth to disposables after we figured out what worked for us.  We basically never had leaks or blowouts in cloth but it would happen in disposables no matter what size or brand all the time. 

DD also has very sensitive skin so we had all kinds of rash problems from all different kinds of disposable diapers and wipes. Cloth solved that issue for her.

Even when it got to the point of having to spray the diapers off (after solid food because ebf does not need to be sprayed off) it was still easier, less messy, and more cost effective for us. *shrug*
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Double props to cloth diaper moms! 

@BurlapandLace well now I’m going to have to make some chocolate chip banana muffins, that sounds so good! (And I’m on the hunt for treats that are also semi healthy and contain fiber). 

My weekend end so far has involved a fruitless search for comfortable pajamas. I need tall/long comfortable pajamas that I can wear post partum too...any ideas? For some reason gap don’t seem to be doing any tall pajamas with thick comfortable waistbands anymore :/ 
  • @sabby2 thanks for the links! I've been doing most of my research off of cd blogs. And yeah I'm hoping this guy will fit into OS pretty quickly too. I think we'll probably do disposable for at least the first week or two either way just to get in the newborn groove. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• @helenbz I don’t have any suggestions because I’m on the same hunt so let me know if you find any! I ordered a pair of flannel pj pants from Old Navy a couple years ago but I haven’t seen them available recently. 

I didn’t realize how much energy cleaning takes. And holy RLP Batman. I was vacuuming the dog hair from under the bed and dresser and when I went to stand up it was so bad. Currently taking a break but I still need to do two of the three baths and mop the floors. Ugh. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @krashke yeah Gap and Old Navy used to have lots of comfortable lounge pants in tall but I can’t find any right now, only leggings. I need something I can wear my giant underwear and maxi pads in and still have company over :smile: Hubby just broke the news that probably his mom is coming up to stay with us for a week after baby...which will be helpful, but I want to feel comfortable. I will let you know what I find! 
  • @helenbz my mom always has luck with Victoria secret, they have longs!
  • DH restarted our gym membership last week, so we took dd swimming today.  She remembered most of the stuff from her swimming lessons this summer. I was impressed.  We need to work on getting her to put her head under water though. 
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Exhausted but a happy exhausted. We hit up OUAC, BRU, and Walmart and got DS all the warm weather clothes, pajamas, and shoes he needs until the weather changes again. We’ve been having spring like weather (80s) here in AL and we’ve been winging it with his wardrobe and pajamas. We had a ridiculous amount of errands to run today but we accomplished all of them. Excited that we have all day to stay in tomorrow. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Today my friend whose hosting mu local shower came over and we looked at themes for the shower. We decided on FSU themed. She ordered invites from etsy. I’m really excited although its not until late April. I’ll be 32 weeks, I’d like to do it earlier but DH will be on his frat reunion trip that weekend and I really want a time with just the girls. 
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • Guys, hiking while pregnant is rough. Also I am nearly certain I have SPD, so thank you to whoever suggested that, pregnancy brain and exhaustion forgets who it was. It’s not super fun but easier to deal with knowing what it is, I don’t know why. I have been eating alllllllll the food so far on this trip and it has been YUM. 
  • =caenis==caenis= member
    edited February 2018
    @doxiemoxie212 Yesss extended exercise is getting rough.

I totally overdid it yesterday. It was a surprise bachelorette party for my SIL. We biked 5 miles to surprise her at her outdoor bootcamp class in the middle of nowhere, which was super fun, but I was on a crappy rented bike. It had a heavy frame, and it's very cold and windy so I pushed myself. Then we had to bike back to the city, so 10 miles total.

AND THEN. A 3.5 hour city escape that involved walking around the city center, solving puzzles. It was a LOT of walking, and in below 0 temps. 

My feet hurt. My ass hurts. My legs hurt. My tummy muscles hurt. My back hurts. My belly started cramping mildly, so I know I really did too much.

But it was really fun and we had an awesome dinner out, so there's that. I just need to stop overestimating my physical fitness...
  • I overdid yesterday too. So sore and tired. Sleeping like garbage too. I’m having a hard time getting and staying comfortable and I keep waking up to pee which requires a bunch of effort to get back to sleep. I don’t remember having such a hard time sleeping last pregnancy. Every morning I wake up it’s a relief that I can just get out bed and stop trying to keep myself resting. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Count me in on the SPD club. I'm pretty sure that's what my pain is.  It's localized to one area right over my public bone. It doesn't ever go away and it hurts worse with certain positions or movements.  I didn't have this with dd so this is a new, fun, exciting symptom... not...
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• @sabby2 welcome to the SPD club. It's such a B. I'd get yourself a pelvic support brace if you don't already have one. 
  • @amys614 I have a pregnancy support belt already.  It's just not super comfy and baby hates it when I wear it, lol!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• @Austenista +1 to overdoing it. Scrubbing both bathrooms and vacuuming the stairs on top of packing almost killed me. I'm almost happy to go to work today so I don't have to do more house stuff.
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• Also @sabby2 I know this should probably go in questions, but we were talking about CDs yesterday. Do you think a washer with a bunch of settings is beneficial/necessary or will a more basic machine still be fine? We have to buy washer/dryer for our new place and I want to be economical but also get one that will make diaper laundry easier. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• @Amphibious22 I've used both fancy washer and non fancy washer and both worked well. 
  • @Amphibious22 I don't think more settings are necessarily more beneficial.  We just have a basic top loader with an agitator (came with our house but when it dies I will definitely look at Speed Queen which is an awesome brand and same style).  

Getting diapers clean is more about using the correct amount of a good detergent, softening hard water, and making sure the load is properly full/bulked.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• All you girls over doing it actually make me feel bad about myself. I'm such a bum anymore. Yesterday I did about nothing and was on the couch most the day. So today I'm still I lazy mode. I'm suppose to be getting ready to leave in 20 mins... and here i sit.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby