August 2018 Moms
Options

FFFC* 2/23

2»

Re: FFFC* 2/23

• Options
    @calimom2524 @livinthesunnylife I have an acquaintance that has 5 grown children and lots of grandchildren. She recently got a puppy and has been so obnoxious about the "My dog is my child" thing. It doesn't usually get to me but she posts videos of firsts and has even done tooth fairy posts when it loses a tooth.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @calimom2524  That's my sister.  She has 2 dogs and 4 cats and posts pictures all day long of them and refers to them as her babies and to my mom as their grandmother. Um no.  Just because you don't want real kids doesn't mean your pets substitute - totally not the same! And I have 3 pets myself so I am not anti-pet LOL
  • Options
    @meeks2020 tooth fairy for a dog? That's a new kind of crazy....
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Oh Man, I need a priest today!
    Both kids eat in their seats every time I remember to grab a snack/drive though happens. My dogs(when we had some) were my kids, and I even had both kids at the same time. They had their own beds, own room, clothes, toothbrush, hairbrush . . . . yeah, they had everything the kids do including car safety stuff. 

L would literally throw his food everywhere in the high chair to feed the dogs.  Every time the chair came out the dogs would get underfoot and wait, drooling, for him to start 'sharing with puppies!!'. He go to the point where he would stuff his diaper full of stuff to hand out later, once we caught on to him dropping the food down the 'leg hole' of his chair. 

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    Haha I'm not anti-pet, I have two cats, but they're my cats not my kids. It just drives me batty when they're referred to as kids, siblings, children, etc. A tooth fairy for a dog is a WHOLE new ballgame though. Wow. 

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @princesslockness the diaper thing kills me lol. Kids are to dang smart sometimes!
  • Options
    neeraja_kneeraja_k member
    edited February 2018
    As for the pets are kids things, I think a lot of people take it waaaay too far. That said, I thought I was going to be childless forever and my dog, Griffin, is my kiddo as much as a dog could be a kiddo. He goes everywhere with me, even on our vacations, and it's just our life. Life is more enjoyable with him around, and he travels so well. Mom even started calling him her "granddog", which whatever makes her happy. Although he does get a Happy Meal on his birthdays, something we've just always done for our dogs. Happy Meals for their birthdays and last meals.  :'(

He even gets on a boat for the first time in his life to go fishing, because I was going fishing. He got off with my young niece when she got bored and had to pee, not realizing I wasn't behind him. And as the boat sped off again realizing I wasn't with him he cried and carried on so loudly on the dock for so long my husband had to get up from a nap to comfort him, because he was inconsolable that I left him. I tell ya, hopeless shelter dogs who were there for years are mad loyal.  :'(

• Options
    As far as the dog thing, my dog is definitely another being of my family to take care of, and I refer to her as my son's sister or my other kiddo. I don't equate them on a human level lol, I mean, I lock one in a crate all day. Also, I have a friend who struggles greatly with infertility and she refers to her dogs as her kids, very seriously, so I try to not be judge-y on stuff like that. (FWIW, I posted some super cringe-worthy stuff about my dogs pre-babies. Like, how I was so tired because they needed to get up at night to go outside. Like, no. But I was just naive.) 
  • Options
    I tried really hard not to equate my puppy stories to my friend's baby stories, because I know dogs and kids aren't the same. But man, the puppy stage felt like what I imagine the newborn stage is going to feel like. Especially the night he had diarhea and had to go out every 45 minutes. DH got up with him once and I did it all the other times. Guess who stayed home from work with the sick puppy? I'm still a little salty about that. My dog is not my kid, but he's definitely my baby. I don't refer to him that way outside of the house though.
  • Options
    I’m team feed them in the car/carseat. Which also means I’m team towel on the seat of the car. And team pull out the car seat 1-2x a year and find a pantry size amount of food. 

My car isn’t messy. Lol. But it is amazing how much cereal, French fries, nuggets and candy can fit under a car seat. It’s amazing!
  • Options
    @dirtanddiamonds I am pretty sure I vacuumed up a whole box of cereal the last time I cleaned out our van. I am wondering if she really eats anything!
  • Options
    Yeah my dog is definitely a family member, but I would never equate her with a child. I love her to death and she is my little (big) shadow when I'm home. She was definitely a lot of comfort and companionship for me the last two years with my husband working a lot and being in a new town where I don't know many people. I can't wait for her to be around my future kid. She watches the neighbor kids play out the window a lot and it always made me a little sad. (She is very good with them when we do go over to say hi or play).
  • Options
    Finally have a FFFC. I just barely threw-up(unexpectedly), like more spit than anything; and managed to leave a puddle on the floor. My pants are soaked, and I was literally walking out of the bathroom, so apparently I not only have the 'sniss' problem, I have an emptying problem.

• Options
    I do not let DS eat in the car because I’m a super worried about choking! Zero judgement on those who do, I wish I could be more chill but this is one area that terrifies me beyond all points of reason! 

AFM...I love my dog but she has been getting on my nerves soooooo badly. So badly. She’s very sweet and affectionate but the second I walk through the door (carrying DS and his bags and my bags and keys etc) she’s all over me licking me and just generally invading my space and being too in my face. It drives me crazy, like give me some space for 2.5 seconds before you’re all over me! Admittedly she doesn’t get as much attention as she did pre DS but that’s to be expected I think. She still gets treats and cuddles and we pay someone to take her on hikes in the forest. I feel bad but I constantly have to tell her to lay down etc. :cry:

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @neeraja_k I want to close my eyes and open them and be in that boat right about now...sigh..

My FFFC is animal related.. I'm not a big pet person because I don't like "dog smell" whether it's their oily coat, stinky beard, breath, frito feet or smelly gas. I just can't with all the smells. At one point we had 3 cats and I loved them dearly but even then the litter box smell, I was always worried about spraying etc. It was very difficult emotionally when they eventually died (natural causes) but I just don't have a desire to own animals again. Also, the confession part is I was always jealous that the cats always wanted to cuddle on H in bed and I have never been the best at sharing! If they wanted to cuddle me maybe I wouldn't have been jealous. If he wasn't home they loved on me but when he was home I was basically just the pooper scooper lol. 
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The first word's out of DS's mouth when I pick him up from daycare is "I want a snack", even though they give him an afternoon snack. He cannot ride in the car without having a snack with him. At any given time there is cereal, goldfish, pretzels and empty applesauce pouches on the floor of my car.
    Me: 34 DH: 37
    DS: 5.28.15
    DS#2: EDD 8.31.18

• Options
    lolog531 said:
    The first word's out of DS's mouth when I pick him up from daycare is "I want a snack", even though they give him an afternoon snack. He cannot ride in the car without having a snack with him. At any given time there is cereal, goldfish, pretzels and empty applesauce pouches on the floor of my car.
    Yes! DS also has two breakfasts hahaha
  • Options
    In regards to high chairs - we had limited space in our condo, so we got the FP spacesaver one that attached to a chair. It was nice when he was first on solids, then when he got a bit older we just took the tray off and slid it up to the table so he could eat with us. We got a small table from IKEA that he would sit at mostly now for snacks. Now he just sits with us at the table since he's getting so big.

• Options

lolog531 said:
    Yes! DS also has two breakfasts hahaha
    SAME! He always has a waffle, eggs, muffins, cereal something in the morning when we are getting ready. He then has breakfast at school, too. My kid has always been able to eat a ton. There is a reason he is in 4T clothes and he's not even 3 yet....!

• Options
    Finally have a FFFC. I just barely threw-up(unexpectedly), like more spit than anything; and managed to leave a puddle on the floor. My pants are soaked, and I was literally walking out of the bathroom, so apparently I not only have the 'sniss' problem, I have an emptying problem.

Oh no! pg related or are you coming down with something?
  • Options
    @scottishlass1213 I feel your pain. Dh just kindly informed me that he will be gone 45 days a week after baby is due. Praying the army changes their plans (like always) on this one. 
  • Options
    nll0803 said:
    @scottishlass1213 I feel your pain. Dh just kindly informed me that he will be gone 45 days a week after baby is due. Praying the army changes their plans (like always) on this one. 
    6 more years to retirement, 6 more years to retirement lol I mean my dad was Navy so I’m used to this but the assumption that the Guard/Reserves don’t leave as much as Active Duty is phooey lol
  • Options
    @scottishlass1213 dh is active duty national guard. Luckily he cant be deployed oversees, but spends roughly 120 nights away each year. I am fine with him leaving lol i just didn't expect so soon after baby, but just got to go with it. 8 more years till retirement here. 
  • Options
    @brzvice I will take allll the Frito feet. DELICIOUS. 
  • Options
    nll0803 said:
    @scottishlass1213 dh is active duty national guard. Luckily he cant be deployed oversees, but spends roughly 120 nights away each year. I am fine with him leaving lol i just didn't expect so soon after baby, but just got to go with it. 8 more years till retirement here. 
    Mine is NG too. He did a few years active national guard but now he a regular govt job during the week. What state are you in? We’re MD. 

But yeah I feel like DH is always telling me he doesn’t have to go anywhere and then like 2 months later it’s like oh now I have to go to this school or do this thing blah blah 

that’s nice yours can’t be deployed! DH hasn’t been in 10 years (which sounds crazy when you type it out) and that messed up our wedding and I’m dreading if he ever has to go now that we have kids. 
  • Options
    MH is NG too, but in a nondeployable unit. He did a voluntary deployment to Europe the first year we were married and had done a combat deployment before we met. Aside from going away for classes (he did a two week refresher course in January), he's usually only away for a weekend a month. He was supposed to go away for ALC the week of my due date, so he gave his spot up to someone from his unit. I have to give credit where credit is due, they've been really accommodating/family friendly. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• Options
    MH is NG too, but in a nondeployable unit. He did a voluntary deployment to Europe the first year we were married and had done a combat deployment before we met. Aside from going away for classes (he did a two week refresher course in January), he's usually only away for a weekend a month. He was supposed to go away for ALC the week of my due date, so he gave his spot up to someone from his unit. I have to give credit where credit is due, they've been really accommodating/family friendly. 
    DH just came back from MLC. I’m hoping Korea is it for this year besides normal drill etc by who the heck knows lol

The unit he’s in is “on hold” for deploying because they’re an aviation unit that typically has gone every few years and I’m so anxious about it. However DH is about to be promoted this year and is an intel guy now so I’m hoping he can get back into his old headquarters unit which doesn’t typically deploy though they get called up for any other state crisis which is fine.  Like the Baltimore riots we had a few years ago and any blizzards etc. 
  • Options
    @scottishlass1213 stationed in NJ, live across the bridge in PA. Its not terrible, for when hes home, he works a 9-5, along with not having to drill. Just the inconsistant travel, and not knowing schedules in advance, is annoying. We ended up canceling our wedding and eloping lol. 
  • Options
    meeks2020meeks2020 member
    edited February 2018
    @brzvice I love my animals, 2 cats and 1 small dog, but once they are gone I have 0 interest in owning another pet. Not even a fish.

Eta spelling. Autocorrect changes my words all of the time . 

• Options
    @nll0803 ha! We had a July wedding planned everything booked in RI, he came home from drill in Feb and said he was deploying in June so we got married in April in MD. I’m still amazed that I pulled off a wedding in 2 months. The things we do! So glad to have a couple girls on this board that can relate! 
  • Options
    @scottishlass1213 I'll do you one better- DH got his orders June 2nd. We got married June 24th. Considering we had no time to plan, we had a solid wedding. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• Options
    @jsnakehole nice! We are some resourceful women!
  • Options
    @scottishlass1213 No idea. I stepped out of the bathroom, and grabbed a trash can. Once it was done, and I rinsed our my mouth I went about the rest of my day.

The pants really sucked but I had 25 minutes of students left.

• Options
    Our miniature dachshund was our “baby” before DS and honestly now we can hardly stand him. He’s so naughty, although it didn’t used to bother us. He’s great with DS though and so sweet to him and picks up all the foot that gets dropped (aka thrown) around. I’m not interested in any more pets after him. 

We also do snacks and drinks in the car seat. Usually applesauce packets or crackers or something. 
  • Options
    @scottishlass1213 No idea. I stepped out of the bathroom, and grabbed a trash can. Once it was done, and I rinsed our my mouth I went about the rest of my day.

The pants really sucked but I had 25 minutes of students left.
    Oh no you were at work! Glad it was just a weird fluke!
  • Options
    My ffc is that I hate pets of all kinds. Animals are not for me. I don’t need another living thing to clean up after, buy food for, etc. I don’t even like visiting other people’s houses that have pets. They smell, the hair, ugh.