August 2018 Moms

FFFC* 2/23

*Not gonna be flame free

Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: FFFC* 2/23

• I took a personal day today for no reason other than the fact that I do not have the emotional capacity to deal with people at work right now. We found out on Wednesday that we are all getting laid off in September, and my office was basically a revolving door therapist's office yesterday. Hello, people, I AM ALSO LOSING MY JOB. And this is super douchey and insensitive, but my job is actually something I went to school for and am passionate about (and there are zero comparable jobs in my area). 95% of the rest of the building are losing entry level jobs, and they all have the option to keep their current position and work from home. I have that option too, but it would be a major demotion for me. 

TL;DR - I'm an asshole and can't be around people today.
    Me: 28, DH: 40
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • @lakesideknitter Girl, you aren't an asshole.  That totally sucks and you deserve a day for your mental health.  Sorry you're in such a shitty situation.
  • Loading the player...
  • DS slept in really late today so I gave him his snack cup of cheerios in the carseat on the way to daycare.  And I thought....wow, I actually have a FFFC today.  I fed my kid while driving. 
  • @juliebird6 @livinthesunnylife I just feel like a dick. Also, during the conversation where I found out I was losing my job, my boss reminded me that part of my job is to support employees through this transition. So that's messing with me too. I'll have a better FFFC next week, I promise!
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • I took a personal day today for no reason other than the fact that I do not have the emotional capacity to deal with people at work right now. We found out on Wednesday that we are all getting laid off in September, and my office was basically a revolving door therapist's office yesterday. Hello, people, I AM ALSO LOSING MY JOB. And this is super douchey and insensitive, but my job is actually something I went to school for and am passionate about (and there are zero comparable jobs in my area). 95% of the rest of the building are losing entry level jobs, and they all have the option to keep their current position and work from home. I have that option too, but it would be a major demotion for me. 

TL;DR - I'm an asshole and can't be around people today.
    I’m sorry about losing your job. I was laid off when 6m pregnant with my second and I was freaking out, but it was for the best. I hope you are able to find something that you are happy with or use the time hunting or longer baby cuddles and more Netflix LOL
  • @livinthesunnylife is that bad? I do that all the time.
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • I guess for the potential choking factor if you were driving and they started choking? However, DS is known to eat a granola bar on the way to school if we're running late as well hahah
  • This is probably not truly a FFFC but for today only probably I super hate my husband.  He just got back from 2 weeks away with the Army and tells me that his 2 weeks to Korea in April is actually 3 weeks long and he'll leave 2 days after DS's birthday party which means his PARENTS will be here visiting for a week prior until he goes.  Oh and then the weekend before that he has a 3 day drill where he's away as well.  

So the plan we had for him and his dad to remodel our master bath during this time is gone because he can't take time off of work if he's taking 3 weeks to go to Korea for the Army.

I want to punch him in his face right now. LOL
  • @livingthesunnylife Same question as PP - is this bad?? 
  • Oh, and he also just told me this on gchat because he probably knew I would want to punch him.
  • @scottishlass1213 Nope nope nope, the in laws have to leave then.  He has to fix it.  I'm not having in laws at my house without DH.  No way. 

My FFFC is because technically you aren't supposed to feed a kid in a car seat.  But....when your choice is feed the hungry kid.... And he's old enough to safely eat cheerios. 
  • I can't help but hate the following phrases: 1) Get it girl & 2) when people use "on" with verbs that it isn't meant for, like "love on, hug on, brag on". I have no idea why but both sound trashy to me. I wish they didn't bother me because people (especially Americans for #2) use them all the time!

• @scottishlass1213 Nope nope nope, the in laws have to leave then.  He has to fix it.  I'm not having in laws at my house without DH.  No way. 

My FFFC is because technically you aren't supposed to feed a kid in a car seat.  But....when your choice is feed the hungry kid.... And he's old enough to safely eat cheerios. 
    I told him that he needs to tell them they have to literally leave the morning after DS's party so we could have at least 1/2 a day together as a family before he flies out the next morning.   Because they would be the IL's that think it's okay to still hang out with me even when DH is gone, and I do not like that hahaha
  • @scottishlass1213 I would punch him too. DH informed me last night that we’re going to redo our laundry room/half bath this weekend. Then dragged us to get a new vanity & paint last night. I feel like I’m getting sick and really just don’t want to do anything. And now I won’t have a washer, dryer, or downstairs toilet until the project is done.
  • @kcdo1010 - I was pretty sure this was true but, I Googled it to be sure -Catholics 14 years and older are bound to abstain from meat. Invalids, pregnant and nursing mothers are exempt. So eat meat all you want! I am Catholic, not super practicing, and I eat meat on Fridays all the time because 1. I don't really like fish and 2. I think all my other sinning would cancel it out anyway! lol. 

@scottishlass1213 I am sorry. That really sucks that he will be gone a week longer that you thought. Maybe between now and when he goes maybe he can slowly work on the bathroom. Do a little here and there. As for the in-laws he definitely needs to tell them to leave early.  

• Thinking of trying to get off work early so I can go see a DJ tonight ... friend told me last minute he has 2 tickets for my husband and I .... 
  • @Brezzy1928 I wish he could do it alone but he needs my FIL to really do it and they live in Florida....UGH  So who knows when that will get done.  At least we're paying a company to do the "kids bathroom"
  • @scottishlass1213 Oh no that stinks! My husband is a carpenter and does all of the work around our house from electricity, to plumbing, to drywall, etc. It is nice to have someone who can do it all but, man sometimes just paying someone to do it would be so much faster and easier. 

• If my kid didn’t eat in the car, some days he wouldn’t eat. Because he often refuses to sit and eat. It’s one of my many frustrations with no longer using a high chair. 

@lakesideknitter you deserve a personal day, for sure. I hope you get some rest and I’m sorry about your job. 

@scottishlass1213 wow that stinks! I’m sorry. 

My lame FFFC: I’ve already looked up when we “spring forward” with the time change because I’m hoping it means ds will sleep later in the mornings! 
  • @ladygali When did you give up the highchair?  DS is already starting to hate it and I'm wondering why we even buy highchairs if they use them for such a short timeframe
  • @ladygali thank you. I'm actually dreading the time change, because DS already refuses to go to bed before 8:30 (9 most nights) and happily sleeps until 8am. It's great to sleep in now, but transitioning to a preschool schedule is going to be hell.
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • @livinthesunnylife DS2 hardly ever used his highchair. It was easier to put him in someone's lap or just let him play because he was such a terror in his high chair. He was such a different kid than DS1 haha

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @livinthesunnylife we used it every day from about 6 months (or when he could sit up) until he was 3. I think he finally stopped sitting in it sometime last fall. I mean, he hated it before then but he wasn’t quite ready to just sit in a chair. Ours turned into a booster seat you could attach to a chair, so we did that when he was 2 or so, so he could be at the table with us. But I get it, they take up a ton of room but are definitely handy. 
  • If feeding DS in the car is a FFFC, I’m gonna need a FFMC, FFTC, FFWC, FFThC, FFSC, and a FFSuC for that also, as almost every time we’re in the car he has a snack. Granted, he’s 3, and the risk of choking on the foods I’ll allow is slim. When he was younger I was more careful about it but it keeps him happy. 

@livinthesunnylife DS used his high chair for about a year, but once he became super mobile he preferred (and still usually prefers) to walk around while he’s eating at home. He has a small IKEA kids table that he sits at when things are messier, like yogurt, but I also just don’t give him super messy meals so it’s not a big deal. We got the Stokke Tripp Trapp specifically so we can use it longer than the standard high chair time, though. Adults can sit in it (up to 300lbs) so once we don’t have kids in the high chair age anymore, I’m going to have it be one of their desk chairs or something. 
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • My son used a high chair until he turned 3, maybe even a while after that. Of course when we started taking it away we would a regular chair as positive reinforcement- if he eats, he gets to sit in a regular chair,  if he doesn't,  he gets to be buckled into the highchair. It worked for him anyway

• I just registered for a 7 in 1 high chair that can be turned into a table and a chair for when he's a little bigger. It looks pretty awesome. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• Totally agree that you need a dog to clean up after the kid!  But not a high maintenance dog, cause you won't have time for them. 
  • @livinthesunnylife we were finding food stuck to my dog for days after my cousin's baby visited. He's definitely going to gain ten pounds when his little brother starts solids. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• My dog once was standing under DS's high chair because food magically falls from the sky and got nailed by an entire bowl of spaghetti o's. I had to give them both a bath
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I guess that my FFC is that my DS eats in the car all the time too. It does make me nervous and I keep a close eye on him. But yeah. Happens a lot. 
  • I was definitely one of those moms that said "Why feed them in the car? It just makes a mess." LOL, DS eats in the car all the time. If I get something in the drive through he starts reaching and asking for "more, please." I can't resist that. And on long trips it keeps him happy. Yeah, it's messy, but oh well.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @calimom2524 hahaha I think people only refer to the dog as their kid until they have an actual kid.   I adore my dog, have had her 13 years- she's a 4lb chi so I took her everywhere.  But then real kid happened.  
    After DS was born I told DH- I'm doing this mom thing, you deal with the dog completely.  She will starve if you don't feed her because I have enough on my plate.