July 2018 Moms

WTF Wednesday

2»

Re: WTF Wednesday

• @zombiehoohaa Still sorry about the situation. Your feelings are totally valid, sorry you weren't heard by your mom. My mom and her side of the family does the same thing, and they use their upbringing as an excuse, plus are passive aggressive on top of it. For a long time I was labeled "too sensitive" for it when I brought it up, but once DH came into the picture and stood with me on it, it's started to sink in for them a little bit. Getting better, but it still happens. I don't understand how you weren't in the room but should have know the invite included you works. She couldn't have come down to let you know or texted you before they left saying they were going and you should come too? It isn't that hard to take 2 seconds to think about someone else! Plus name calling on top of it is just mean.
  • @runsomewhere - we good, girl ;-) I'm seriously a zombie today with no brain yet the work drama continues- my own WTF would have been all about my lack of sleep.

Went to bed at 10 with another headache (going to have to talk to OB on Wed about these...they're almost every day now and despite getting cleared by cardiologist the HR spikes and dizziness continue). DH went out with BFF and woke me up when he came back, then kept me up while he looked up cruises on his phone until after 1 am. Not for him and i, mind you, for him and BFF as a bachelor trip.  Every time i was about to drift off he'd shake the bed scratching his leg or sniffle, waking me back up.  I give in and take a unisom (dr directed), just drifting off and DD starts SCREAMING like she's being attacked and is standing in bed hysterical.  DH is like "you want me to go?" uh BLEEP YES! So then I got to doze in and out in a drugged fog while he tried to get her back down, I'm a super light sleeper so I woke up again every time she cried despite the drugs. We're both zombies today (though it's mostly his own fault for not going to sleep in the first place before the toddler tantrum).
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @gingerbride26 I think your advice was great!

We've also gone into this planning to get zero help, just to assure that she has everything she needs. I think we'll be fortunate and get a lot from family, but we wanted to be prepared in case something weird happens and we would have to buy everything. We've got a large lump sum strictly for her saved right now and still saving some each month. We're also crazy when it comes to planning early and budgeting. When we decided to start TTC I went through the list of what I thought would be pretty much everything we would need (products, diapers and clothes for a year, etc..) , made a chart and put a price range to it. I added everything together and we made that ceiling the budget for our baby fund.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @zombiehoohaa hugs!! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @runsomewhere while I’m in th camp of “can’t have too many baby blankets” I definitely think it’s stupid to depend on everyone else to buy things for your baby. My friend is having her baby shower this weekend. There will be SEVENTY people there. And she hasn’t purchased anything for her own child because she’s waiting for he shower 
  • Lelo2006 - thought of y'all this morning - gave in and pulled out the new maternity jeans i bought....SWEET RELIEF - I prefer the full belly panel, got them at target pretty cheap and BONUS they make my butt look awesome

@hillbillywife - that just stresses me out.... like all of that.... I had social anxiety over 42 at my shower (all his side, none mine - MIL invited her friends), 70 I'd be rocking in a corner in the ladies room.  I guess each family is different too...I wanted all the big stuff taken care of and in place before I got too big/tired to do it myself. My grandmother bought our crib because it was very important to her to do so, but that was months before my shower because she wanted first dibs.  We moved our white bedroom furniture to the nursery and bought ourselves a grown-up set for our bedroom, and bought the glider ourselves.  Pump was covered by insurance. Mattress, changing pad, and a bunch of other random stuff were hand-me-downs...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker