July 2018 Moms
Options

Wednesday Ticker Change 2/21

How far along today? How big is baby?

New/Interesting/Festering Symptoms

Appointments/US this week

Random Questions

Rants/Raves

Will you take a babymoon? Have you ever? If you could go anywhere, where would you go and why?
Meagan
<3 Married 6.12.10 <3
DS 11.8.12
 Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change 2/21

• Options
    21 weeks!  An endive (is it weird I don't even know what that is) according to the Bump.

None that I can think of.  I am getting a cold which is not fun, but also not pregnancy related.

We had our anatomy scan on Monday, and it was so awesome!  Baby girl is doing amazing, and I loved looking so closely at her organs, fingers, toes, etc.  We took our 5 year old with us and his first comment when the tech got her pulled her up on the screen was "Her head is HUGE!".  His big brother game is on point  :D

Random Questions
    When do you start working on the nursery?  I don't remember when we started with my son.  It seems early to me, but I am itchy to start getting some stuff done.  I know her room is going to be mermaid themed (with teal, mint, and shades of purple), so I ordered her a mermaid doll with her name on it for monthly pictures, and we have purchased a glider but other than that we have done nothing.  lol

Rants/Raves
    None that I can think of right now

Will you take a babymoon? Have you ever? If you could go anywhere, where would you go and why?
    We had just come back from an awesome trip to the Florida Keys when I found out I was pregnant with my son (he was actually our little souvenir from that trip!), so we didn't go anywhere big for a babymoon the first time around.  This time, we are going to take one last family vacation with the 3 of us (that I guess you could consider a babymoon) in May.  We are going to a park in Arkansas where you can dig for diamonds (my son will LOVE it), and to an aquarium we have been wanting to check out.  I don't know that I would go anywhere too extravagant for a babymoon.  I like to just be at home when I am pregnant.  lol!
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options
    18 weeks 2 days

What I think is round ligament pain :(

None until anatomy scan on March 9th

Random Questions
    When do you start discussing maternity leave with your boss? I mean I told her I was pregnant a while ago but do I confront her, does she confront me?

Rants/Raves
    Grocery shopped and meal prepped for the week on Monday- haven't done that in weeks, felt good to be productive :)

Probably not for 2 reasons.
    1. The best part about vacation is drinking and jacuzzi-ing and I cant do either
    2. We are renovating our bathroom before babe comes so trying to save some $$$
    If I could go I need to go somewhere tropical- although it is supposed to be 71 degrees here today in New Hampshire haha
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @babygagnon2018 my thoughts exactly on vacationing!  

I should have started a meal prep monday thread this week, since you were so prepared!  Next week!!
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options
    20 weeks; a banana.

It's all been pretty much the same lately. Gotta be careful with how I sneeze, though, so I don't pull anything. Also, sometimes my feet and hands get tingly if I have them crossed for too long.

Anatomy scan on Monday.

Random Questions
    None at the moment.

Rants/Raves
    Looking forward to my birthday weekend! No real plans, but whatever I do have revolves around food.

I want to, but like @babygagnon2018, I also hope to remodel the bathroom before giving birth. If anything, we might take a road trip to Baltimore and Washington, DC. I'd love to go somewhere tropical, though. But that is probably not in the cards this year.

@babygagnon2018, I've already spoken with my boss and HR about mat leave. Do you have regular meetings with her? Maybe you can discuss it then. Talking to HR first might help to see what your options are.
  • Options
    21 weeks and agreed, @stlmegs

Mostly just looking more pregnant now, which is fun!  Oh, and heartburn. So much heartburn.

Waiting 3 more weeks... :)  But anatomy scan last week was fun.  @stlmegs The story of your son is adorable.  How great that he was able to come. And @supersara2 Hope you have a great scan!

Random Questions
    None for me.  @babygagnon2018 I told my boss a few weeks back and now I think it's on me to follow up with HR on the logistics.  At my job, you usually write a memo with your plan and then share with your manager, who shares with other leadership.

Rants/Raves

I was hoping to do a fun international trip, but DH and I agreed (fairly enough...) that we need to save for the baby - both baby stuff and unpaid leave for DH.  I think we'll do a weekend or long weekend in St Michael, MD, which is not too far from where we live.
    @babygagnon2018 - I miss the hot tub, too, but I do like those hotels that have a whirlpool type tub!

• Options
    supersara2 & @adventuresawait1
    The funny thing is- I am HR haha.  We don't have regular meetings because I report to my boss who handles financials only.  Its a weird set up.  They mentioned getting a temp to help (and hopefully transition into my role while I'm out- but there has been NO movement at all)  I just dont want someone coming in here screwing things up while I'm gone or not knowing what to do- I want to give myself enough time to train etc.  I guess if she inst worried then I shouldn't be?
  • Options
    @babygagnon2018 That is funny!  But I think if your boss is not too worried, then probably it will all work out :)