July 2018 Moms

Symptoms week of 2/19

2»

Re: Symptoms week of 2/19

• @kissableviv the pregnancy pillow keeps me from going on my back but i don’t think I’m big enough yet to be completely on my side all the time. I remember it being a bigger concern later in the 20ish weeks. The idea is that your less aware and likely to stay on your back while sleeping. Your also in a flatter position while sleeping than in labor or hospital. Long periods on your back limits circulation to the baby. Towards the end i had to sleep reclining because my hips hurt too much if i slept on my side. 
  • @wildtot every time that song comes on I go crazy! So catchy, its hard not to dance around to it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies for the feedback! I talked to the ob nurse this morning and she said the RLP will continue to happen, especially if you are retaining water. She suggested to walk as much as possible, even if it hurts. I told her that I would like a catheter then because I have to pee every 5 seconds and walking only makes having to pee, worse. She laughed and just said to keep going. Then gave me the typical "if it gets worse or there are added symptoms, call labor and delivery so they can advise you better".

@lindsayleigh1989 I have a pregnancy u-shaped pillow and have been jamming that bad boy between my legs every chance I get. It's the only comfortable way when laying on my sides. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• So out of breath I feel like I sound like I just ran a marathon. When in reality I have been sitting at my desk for an hour and a half now. 
  • Glad to hear that others are feeling out of breath, too.

I feel like I'm being cheated out of my "golden trimester." I'm 20 weeks + 4, and still have a ton of nausea, throwing up a couple of times a week, and fatigue--at least the low back pain has gotten a bit better.

I also have a u-shaped pregnancy pillow, and always start out on my left side and then roll to my back at night. How elevated are you supposed to be if you sleep on your back? More than a pregnancy pillow with a regular pillow underneath?
  • The heartburn so far was a one off. Fun new thing though, I get restless leg syndrome at night! By the time I go to bed I'm exhausted and I don't notice but I get it while watching TV on the couch after dinner. I hate it!
  • All I do is think about food. 

Also +1 to really starting to feel pregnant. I'm 21 weeks and bending in the middle is no longer an option. RLPs and the aching in my pelvic/groin area have been pretty intense lately....hoping that eases up soon.
  • @runsomewhere - was having that too - almost passed out grocery shopping after HR spiked over 150.  They sent me to the cardiologist for a full workup and yesterday he said "yea everything's normal.  I think it's pregnancy, anemia, and dehydration".  I pointed out I drink a gallon a day, he said add salt.  So I guess no amount of leafy greens, red meat, and water will be enough for us lol. I've just used it as a reminder to take it easy so far.

So I'm going to ask the dr at my upcoming OB check because I know "strange headache" is one of those warning things they ask about all the time, but anyone else getting constant/daily headaches? Almost like migraines but not quite, sort of eyeball/temple area - "blue light" makes it worse. I can watch TV and read on a non-backlit kindle but phones and computer screens are no-go's.  Tylenol doesn't touch it, I end up just laying in bed in the dark. What is the difference between a normal headache and a strange headache?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @sm05-2 My dr said to not worry too much about the sleeping on your back thing. If in the middle of the night you roll onto your back, if it's cutting anything off or if baby is uncomfortable, you'll start to feel off and in your sleep you'll naturally shift into another position or it'll wake you up to change positions. 
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Getting bad heartburn every evening around 5 or 6 and the SPD is becoming unbearable-I can walk about 2 steps before every step turns into a hobble. As someone who usually walked about 5 miles a day living in the city this is beyond sad and frustrating-my poor muscles are going to have to rebuild from scratch at the end of several very sedentary months 
  • Its reassuring to read I am not alone in these symptoms but I hope everyone feels better! Have really bad heartburn right now. Headaches. Constantly out of breath. Swollen ankles.   :/ ugh.
  • I’ve also been trying to not sleep on my back (I have a c pillow) and have been pretty unsuccessful. If I sleep on either side or my back, I lately wake up to my hands or arms asleep!  I’m also not sure if I’ve felt baby move or not. Not really sure what it is supposed to feel like. I have my ultrasound next week and I’ll be 21 weeks tomorrow. :/ other than that I’ve also experienced the shakes when apparently I was hungry but didn’t quite know it yet. 
  • So I wasn't sure what you guys were talking about with the cervix hits but I think I'm getting them! It's amazing the things you notice pregnancy to pregnancy. It wasn't so much an obvious jab for me but a quick pressure that made me feel like something was gonna fall out (maybe TMI?).

I am 18 weeks now and I know I've always known I was feeling kicks before this. I think I'm getting little jabs but nothing big. Nothing I can definitely pinpoint as not just twitches. Again, so interesting how different things are pregnancy to pregnancy!