TTC After a Loss
Options

TTCAL week of 2/19

1. Introduce yourself (if new)
2. Status?
3. Rants/Raves:
4. GTKY: What is a hobby of yours (other than POAS)?

Re: TTCAL week of 2/19

• Options
    1. Not new; 3 early losses in 2017.
    2. WTO, CD 2.
    3. Rant: DH wants to wait before we move on to IVF. I have read some convincing research about waiting at least 7mos post-lap (to remove endometriosis) before pursuing IVF. But I feel so impatient that the endo is growing back and making things all inflamed and toxic in there. Plus, this summer makes 3 years TTC. Rave: Thanks to President’s Day, I have a 4-day week. 
    4. I read, like a lot. SciFi and fantasy because I’m a nerd. 
  • Options
    1. Introduce yourself (if new) old been here since 8/2016

2. Status?WTO CD4

3. Rants/Raves: yeah to long weekend! 

4. GTKY: What is a hobby of yours (other than POAS)? What there are other things to do beside POAS! Lol. I read some but I also enjoy teaching jazzercise. I used to run but since I need a new hip that is on hold 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. Brand new, Loss in Sept and two chemical pregnancies back to back.

2. Just got AF today so I guess I’m WTO?

3. I was able to get an appointment with a RE for next week so hopefully getting answers soon!

4. I teach Fit4Mom classes twice a week.
  • Options
    1. Not new. Ttc since 1/17. CP 3/17. NMC 9/17.
    2. CD 17. I *think* today is O day.
    3. Rave- we just got memberships to an indoor pool near us. We're loving it!!
    4. I have been teaching myself to play the piano for about a year. I also love to read.

@cassafrass15 that's such a hard choice! My sister was just diagnosed with endo... Not fun!
    @Mack2342 long weekends are the best!
    @char245 FX for your appointment to go well!
  • Options
    Oops I missed this before I posted an intro!  
    1. New to the group, ready to TTC again
    2. WTO, CD19
    3. Rant - everyone is off work today so the noon class at the gym I like to pop into was full and I have to go later tonight which is not ideal since I act like a 90 year old and like to go to bed at 8.
    4. I love working out (OTF is my fav!), sitting by the pool in the summer and taking my dogs for walks. 
  • Options
    1. Not new. 3 mc in 2017
    2. WTO and damn it this month we are going to ttc! No whimping out this time. 
    3. It's Monday. I hate Mondays. And it's freezing cold here, I am so ready for summer and flip flops and not feeling like a giant stuffed marshmallow in my layers and layers of clothing. (Ok, so it's only -2C (28f) but the wind is bitterly cold and much colder than we normally have it around here this time of year)
    4. My life revolves around mountain biking but I'm really excited to have just gotten a road bike as well. 
  • Options
    etnyahetnyah member
    edited February 2018
    2. WTO, CD1 today.
    3. @40momma, your weather description is exactly what's going on where I am too. I was freezing my butt off waiting for the bus today! It's funny, because where I grew up, -15c would be a regular occurrence this time of year, and now I can't even handle anything even slightly sub-zero.
    4. I paint and draw. It wasn't supposed to be a hobby, I've done it my whole life and went to art school (even exhibited in London once!), but I'm not a risk taker and would much rather have a steady income through a normal job and paint on the side. 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited February 2018
    1 - Not New - CP 12/16 - TWW

Really trying to think of a rave today lol and all I got is we got to see my parents new mini schnauzer puppy today and she is so tiny and cute.  Otherwise I've been feeling icky the last 3 days.  When I first started clomid I had nausea and dry heaving and now nearing the end I'm having that again.  Almost done I hope.  POAS daily here and all negatives.

GTKY - my hobby is yoga and music.  I play viola, teach violin/viola, and play in a trio.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 if I remember correctly you were never much of a poas-er. Have you started because of the Clomid or are you late and this could hopefully be the one???

@grebretso I spent 10 years living through -35c and now on the westcoast I freeze my butt off at anything below 10c. "It's a different type of cold"
  • Options
    @40momma your post made laugh. GL!
    @grebretso what do you paint? I would love to have that ability but that is not a talent i have.
    @vlagrl29 my DH LOVES the violin. He's hoping he can talk our DD into taking it up when she's older.
  • Options
    2. Status? CD 13. WTO.
    3. Rants/Raves: Had a good weekend trip to NYC. It was great! But yesterday DH came home from work not feeling so great and has managed to be sick all night long. Ugh! Desperately afraid I'm going to get this. Just what I need... one more thing to make the FW more miserable...
    4. GTKY: What is a hobby of yours (other than POAS)? God, I have too many hobbies! I compete in artistic roller skating. I love to read. I sew and do other types of crafts. I love to bake. Etc.

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    @cassafrass15 I love fantasy and sci-fi books! Have you read anything good lately?
    @char245 and @buckeyenut05 Welcome to the board :) It’s a great, supportive group here. 
    @grebretso It sounds scary to do art as a main source of income! I’d think working a ‘regular’ job gives the income to do what you want with your art rather than hoping it sells. Such a great talent to have!

So many active and musical women on this board!

1. Not new. MC 5/16 CP 2/18
    2. Status? TWW, 6 dpo. Trying to just hold out for AF.
    3. Rants/Raves: Combo rant/rave- My friend is eloping and wants DH and I to be there! But on this Thursday, 5 hours away from us, and DH is starting to get sick. At this rate I have no idea if we’re going to make it or not. 
    4. GTKY: What is a hobby of yours (other than POAS)? Nerdy: I like to lead an RPG group and come up with interactive stories for people, Less Nerdy: I love doing yoga. I used to do a lot of Olympic-style weightlifting too, but there isn’t a convenient gym in my new city for it so it has fallen by the wayside :disappointed:
  • Options

1. Introduce yourself (if new): Not new.  CP in late 2017, MMC with D&C in January
    2. Status? CD 3, WTO
    3. Rants/Raves: I don't usually consider AF's arrival as a rave, but yay, it's here, and I got my day 3 blood test done this morning.  Rant: On the flip side, I have never had a period this heavy.  I'm actually a bit concerned.... 
    4. GTKY: What is a hobby of yours (other than POAS)? Between POAS and wishing I hadn't POAS, I love to read.  I was very into lifting as well, but after breaking a wrist, I have yet to really get back into it.  It's so hard once you've stopped for a long time!

@Mack2342 are you getting a full replacement done?  It's tough when you're forced to stop your usual work outs because of injury.

@Buckeyenut05 and @Char245 Welcome to the group, sorry for your losses.

@40momma Hopefully this is your month!  It's cold here too and I'm so sick of it.  We've had "elevator" weather over the last couple of weeks, so a ton of snow and then it melts, turns into rain, and then freezes again!  I was looking longingly at my flip flop collection this weekend :)

@grebretso That's so cool that you went to school for art!  It must be so fun to have a talent like that.

• Options
    @40momma -no I'm not a POASer but I've been buying a lot at the dollar store mainly because clomid has made me feel so not normal and sick.  I'm testing it every day until my AF comes.  I don't think I"m pg because we only BD 1 time that week because I felt so bad.  Clomid to me is to take if you dont want to be in the mood to have sex lol
  • Options
    @bakerstreetboys yes I need full replacement.  I have arthritis and bone spurs on hip.  I didn’t know I had it until I was pregnant with my son about 3 years ago and it’s gotten much worse since then.  Once I either have another baby or give up on the idea I will push for replacement as they don’t want to do now because I’m too young.  It is interfering with my life now so sooner than later for me 
  • Options
    @Mack2342 Needing a hip replacement sounds like no fun, but I love jazzercise!

@char245 and @BuckeyeNut05 Welcome to the group.

@Kath525 I feel for your sister - endo is a bummer. Does she have any children? It always fascinates me that endo affects some women’s fertility but not others.

@40momma Up until this week, it’s been almost 80 degrees here the whole winter. Now we’re finally getting some cooler weather and rain! I ♥️ Arizona and would freeze to death almost everywhere else.

@lin0442 Have you read the Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson? I just finished it and loved it! 
  • Options
    @cassafrass15 she has two kids. 8 and 10. She didn't start having symptoms until a couple years ago.
  • Options
    @bakerstreetboys I saw a lady wearing sandals today, in a New England February- all the snow we got on Sunday melted. So right about the ‘elevator’ weather! It’s gorgeous out right now, but so weird. 

@cassafrass15 Those are next on my list, actually! I’m finishing up the newest Way of KIngs book right now, lol. His stuff is a lot of fun.

Well, MH has officially declared that he has the flu (no he did not go to a doctor). Time to avoid the poor guy...
  • Options
    @Kath525 Interesting! I’ve actually never had any endo symptoms except heavy periods and infertility. It’s such a weird condition!

@lin0442 I’m about to start the most recent Way of Kings book! He really is a fun author. Sorry your DH has the flu. Man-flus are the worst!
  • Options
    @cassafrass15 80 degrees??? I'm catching a flight to Arizona!!! 
  • Options
    2. Status? WTO day 4.... completely unnecessarily benched this cycle by a band of idiots, see my post in WTO for the saga... oy.
    3. Rants/Raves: Again... see that post... I can’t believe it.  People messing up = me getting a booster I didn’t even need and getting knocked out for a month the day after I find out my only sister/sibling is 7weeks with the first grandchild on this side.  I don’t have enough middle fingers.

Rave - school vacation week... so at least yay for sleeping in! 

4. GTKY: What is a hobby of yours (other than POAS)? I loooooove to decorate/home decor.  And I’m about to have a pretty new blank canvas when we move back into our house in a few weeks.  The financial aspect of the whole situation plus TTCAL with RE and those costs means I’ll have to take my time and do it slowly but it should be fun! 
  • Options
    Late to the party and will have to try and come back for tags. 
    1. Introduce yourself (if new) Not new, 3 losses
    2. Status? TWW, 7dpo
    3. Rants/Raves: I have been slammed with work, and I like being busy, but haven't been able to catch up as much on TB! My feet are currently covered in blisters after a colleague took me on a forced march around the city I was visiting yesterday for work (he thought he knew where we were going, but apparently not quite and I was in heels). 
    4. GTKY: What is a hobby of yours (other than POAS)? I do some crochet. I also view cooking as kind of a hobby. 
  • Options
    vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited February 2018
    I just wanted to update that i probably won't be active on the board much the next week or so.  This entire month on clomid has affected me and today is a rough day.  I have had some good days when I think it's all over then something else happens.  My OBs nurse did tell me she's had other patients that had just as bad a time on it the entire cycle.  The last few nights I've been having some insomnia - waking a few times a night.  I don't know if that's due to a hormone fluctuating or what.  I'm just so ready for AF to come full blast.  I'm still lightly spotting and all neg tests and had HCG draw a that was neg.    RE said if AF is 5 days late then we would hcg test again.  My hope is that it's on time but if it were to be late they could give me something to start it.  Hopefully I'll be back soon. :)
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 I'm sorry you have had such a rough time, I really hope you feel better soon. 
  • Options
    vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited February 2018
    @zamora_spin saw my naturopath and she determined one of my adrenal glands was affected so she did something to that. I'm to limit electronics for 1 day and sleep more than 6 feet from my phone. She also gave me a calming drink.

ETA - basically stage 3 adrenal fatigue and she fixed it at her office and said basically when your stressed it takes you longer to heal.  My adrenals are responding to stress hence the fatigue and insomnia.
  • Options
    Mack2342 said:
    @bakerstreetboys yes I need full replacement.  I have arthritis and bone spurs on hip.  I didn’t know I had it until I was pregnant with my son about 3 years ago and it’s gotten much worse since then.  Once I either have another baby or give up on the idea I will push for replacement as they don’t want to do now because I’m too young.  It is interfering with my life now so sooner than later for me 

That sounds incredibly painful :(  I have bone spurs on my foot, and I can't imagine having in on the hip.  I hope they listen to you when you push for replacement.

• Options
    @bakerstreetboys the worst part is that it’s affecting all the muscles in my leg so my knee is now a mess and my good leg is shorter now because the muscles work extra hard so they have drawn my leg up.  Very annoying. I feel like I’m 80 years old half the time.  It sucks.  It’s like I fell apart when I turned 40! ugh    Prior to this I was in the best shape of my life.  Taught jazzercise 4 days a week ran 3 days a week.  Ran 2 half marathons a year and now no running at all.  Still teach my class but only twice a week cuz I need days to recover and I have to go modify my class.  
  • Options
    @Mack2342 Ugh!  That sounds awful.  I also feel like my body is breaking down at 40; I asked about your hip because I've started to get serious hip pain too.  Like you, I was in the best shape of my life three years ago; running, lifting, etc, and then everything started hurting.  Knees, hips, back.  WTH?!  I also get frustrated because working out and exercising go hand in hand, so when I can't work out hard,  my clean eating slips.  Not a good combination!  I hope they can figure out how to fix your hip.
  • Options
    Thanks @bakerstreetboys. It’s a biotch getting older!
  • Options
    So I’m annoyed.  I have this coworker who always tries to one up me.  I had to give her cases and so I told her I would go in field with her to introduce her to clients I have her.  I sent her email about 3 weeks ago with some dates and she never responded.  Well she just came in my office to tell me the reason she hasn’t responded to my email is because she is 12 weeks unexpectedly with her 3rd and that if I had time in the next couple weeks to let her know.  I guess I’m just not sure why one had to do with the other and why she felt the need to tell me.  Almost everyone in my office knows my history and she was just so well it was unexpected.  I probably wouldn’t even care if she hadn’t left that detail out.   I said it was exciting but I’m sure my face read otherwise 
  • Options
    Mack2342  Ugh. I'm so sorry. Yeah, no idea what not responding to an email has to do with her being PG either!

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    @Mack2342 she sounds like a really crappy coworker! Clearly her not answering your email had nothing to do with being PG. Sorry you have to work with someone so insensitive.
  • Options
    @dpjennifer and @char245 I feel like she only came in to rub in my face that she was pregnant unexpectedly while I’m sitting her struggling after 3 losses.  On top of that she is due around the same time I would have been due with this last loss 
  • Options
    @Mack2342 that is so hard! One of the girls in my fitness class is due when I would have been. It’s hard enough seeing her all the time but when she complains about different parts about being pregnant it’s hard for me. She’s definitely not doing it on purpose though, I can’t imagine having to put up with someone who was intentionally being hurtful!
  • Options
    Kath525Kath525 member
    edited February 2018
    My estranged little sister (who's unmarried and in a relationship with a real jerk... And has had abortions with this guy in the past) just texted me that she's pregnant. She told me by sending me a picture of 1+1=3 with a little rattle. She knows my history. I'm so mad/upset/pissed at the world. This is just so unfair. I can't even pretend to be happy about this. I do everything "right" and try so hard.... My heart hurts so bad...
    ETA: no judgement on anyone who is unmarried and pregnant... Sorry if it came off judge-y... 
  • Options
    @Kath525 I’m sorry, it’s unbelievable how insensitive people can be! It’s even worse when it’s family! 
  • Options
    @Kath525 I’m sorry.  That is hurtful.  
  • Options
    @Kath525 I’m so sorry.  My sister just told me she’s seven weeks as I’m going through hell having to wait over a medical error that should never have happened and insurance making me crazy.  It’ll be so hard to watch her go through everything and have the first grandchild.  I can’t imagine how it would feel if she were just being blatantly insensitive on top of that.  That stinks.

@Mack2342  That’s ridiculous.  I get very annoyed with everyone in the world who makes every social media post and picture and daily event about their pregnancy.  Like, you CAN take a picture without holding your belly.  It’s possible.  You do not need to tag your new haircut #momhaircut...  it’s a haircut.  Your lunch is not preggo food.  I could go on... 
  • Options
    Mack2342 I wish we could punch co-workers in the face sometimes. 

Kath525 Be judge-y!  I like it!  It's pretty much how I feel 24/7 now. I see all these other people having their families and dreams and I'm stuck in this h#llhole of depression and loathing. Also, F your little sister... sounds like there's good reasons you're estranged! 

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    @dpjennifer Ha thanks! She specifically texted me to rub it in my face. But i know her life is going to be so much more harder so I'm trying to remember that (She still lives in my parents basement, has a minimum wage job, etc). But it's hard to be patient when there's so many people around you getting KUd... Yesterday sucked hard. Trying to make sure today is better. I think some wine is in order tonight! At least It's Friday.
    @ccvslp sorry you're going through that too... Hopefully we'll both have our own good news soon.