TTC after 35
Options

TTCA35 Weekly Check In : 2/19/18

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment)

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):

Rants/Raves
:

Questions for the group:

GTKY: Are you planning any trips this year? If not where do you want to go?

What are you thankful for this week?

Re: TTCA35 Weekly Check In : 2/19/18

• Options
    Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): benched, waiting for transfer

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD6

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): prenatals, But D, CoQ10, Brazil nuts

Rants/Raves
    : Warmer weather down here, amazing how much difference 4 hours south!

Questions for the group:

GTKY: Are you planning any trips this year? If not where do you want to go? Great question! Mexico cruise out of Galveston in April, Grandma’s memorial service in Michigan in May, and my brother’s graduation from his 7-year neurosurgery residency in NY in June, then cousin’s wedding in Colorado in July.

What are you thankful for this week? I only have like 3 or 4 boxes left to open and unpack! Thankful for my parents’ help as that would have been impossible with a preschooler running around!
  • Options
    Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): Benched waiting for AF and next cycle NTNP 

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): no clue

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): prenats, CoQ10, Vit C,D 

Rants/Raves
    : FINALLY DONE WITH THE HORMONES!! Sat night was my last night of post surgery meds Estradriol and progesterone!! I have Notices some hot flashes these last couple days so I’m ready to get AF and have a relaxing month  ahead.

Questions for the group: nope

Since H birthday is coming up on 3/30 we just decided last night for a little weekend get away we’re thinking a cabin in VT or NH for the weekend! We will discuss more tonight. If our FET takes in april im hoping to get a trip in before the LO gets here. 

I’m gonna keep it simple this week.. I am Thankful for COFFEE! Thank you for always being there for me Every morning coffee I love you for making me warm and happy 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Momifbysea That’s a lot of trips!!! Congrats to your super smart BRO!!! If I ever need a neurosurgeon you must give his name as I’m in the tri State area lol but let’s hope I’ll never need it :D
  • Options
    vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited February 2018
    Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment):  TWW

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable):  abut 10dpo and eagerly waiting AF.  Taking temps in morning to see the drop and that will give me relief.  I don't want to be pg this cycle.  Also pg testing every day until I get AF and so far negatives.

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):  PNV, vit c

Rants/Raves
    :  My rant is I've had some nausea the last couple mornings and I believe it's due to the  clomid cycle and once AF comes all will go away so I call my docs nurse to ask her about that and she doesn't think so and thinks it's related to something else but I beg to differ as I was completely normal before I took those pills.  Explain why I'm still getting mild hot flashes at night? is what I wanted to ask her.  I know that can be normal.

Questions for the group: 
    Have any of you been nauseous before AF when doing a medicated cycle?

We are planning on disney world with DD in August :)

Having the day off 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So Anyone ever take Prometrium to induce their period? My last dose was on Sat night and they said 3-5 days I should Expect AF. I literally Just wiped and there was the faintest lol bit of reddish:orangish on the  toilet paper I dont want to jump the gun and call in CD 1 so I will wait a few more hours to see if anything picks up I put a panty liner on just in case.
  • Options
    @ndz2018 - I have not but can I get some of that :)
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 :D needed that laugh. I’m having a Tough morning 
  • Options
    Well that went from spotting to heavier! Guess it’s CD 1 here!!
  • Options
    vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited February 2018
    Send cd1 this way girl @ndz2018

im spotting but not as heavy grrrrr
  • Options
    Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): WTO

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD9

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): Prenatal , vitamin D, coq10

Rants/Raves
    : I'm finally down 10.8lbs since Jan 19th!!??

Questions for the group:

GTKY: Are you planning any trips this year? If not where do you want to go? Mexico in April Disney End of October 

What are you thankful for this week? That I'm finally going to get to go away.

@vlagrl29 I always felt sick when taking the meds.
  • Options
    @Labluver2 UMMMMM 10.8lbs?!?! AMAZING!!! What are you doing? I would love to take off these 10lbs I put on from IVF. I’ve literally have had no motivation since starting with hormones to be active, like at All! I’m trying to eat better but it seems to go to shit on the weekends. 

@vlagrl29 If I could give you some of this, trust me, I would. Having pretty bad cramps this morning and a heavy flow!! This is not normal for me usually it starts out pretty light, then a day of medium, one day of heavy , then another day of medium and then either spotting or competely done.  4-5 day at most. I’m nervous this is gonna last longer Bc of the hormones. I ate 3 Motrin at 4am Bc I woke up to go to the bathroom and was soooop crampy ... grabbed the heating pad too.
  • Options
    Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): Waiting for March, so can get FET schedule started. 

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD16...only know because my crazy brain thinks maybe past ER mu body learned how to act LOL

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): PNV, folate, vit d, kelp, wheatgrass, zinc, ubiquinol

Rants/Raves
    : Today's my birthday...still pretending in my head I'm only 25.

GTKY: Are you planning any trips this year? If not where do you want to go? Wedding in Cabo, MX in July...unless knocked up then may have to avoid due to Zika. So looking into Hawaii.

What are you thankful for this week? Wonderful girls here, family and friends that have been so supportive these days. <3
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Options
    @ndz2018 and @vlagrl29 Happy CD 2!!! It's funny how we are all excited to see AF these days. @ndz2018 I don't remember progestrone helping AF come. I do know when on it, it held it off some, but usually she'd show her ugly face anyways. 

@Labluver2 That's amazing weight loss!! I've been trying to convince myself to go back to the gym. Started taking Kelp for iodine...so hoping it boosts my metabolism like yours!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited February 2018
    @labluver2 - even right before period came?  Today is a better day but I still dry heaved in the morning.  Not as much nausea this morning.  I really really want my period so this will all go away.  Testing every day and even this morning - neg.  Come on!!  were your AFs on time or early when on medication?

Happy Birthday @kristimh80 - I wasn't on progesterone thank goodness.  waiting for prog results hoping today.  I'm hoping my CD is this week pleassssse!

Question - how late do you have to be to get the pill to jump start AF
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 When was AF due?? I was once really late a few years ago and went to the Dr I think It was about 7-8 weeks before she prescribed it to me. 

@kristimh80 HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Are you doing something fabulous ?? 
  • Options
    @ndz2018 - well because I ovulated early I would think it should come tomorrow. My O was on cd13 but in my normal cycle it would come Friday. I had hcg drawn yesterday.
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 Gotcha... sometimes our bodies don’t cooperate... trust me , I know the struggle of wanting AF to get here!!
  • Options
    vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited February 2018
    @ndz2018 I'm fully prepared for Friday but I'm going to call doc tomorrow and see what would we need to do if it didn't come on time.  I need to try and stop taking some of this medicine.  I have been getting indegestion and needed zantac at bedtime - never an issue for me.  I had a hot flash yesterday that soaked thru my pjs and sheets.  usually I take otc sleep pill at night but because of the anxiety I've been taking ativan as needed and that's usually at night.  So i'm going to see if I can cut down on the tums today and half an otc tonight.  Cause apparently by Sunday it should be 95% out of my system and if AF does come before then I expect it to.  what a crazy month - looking forward to a more gentle march :)
  • Options
    kristimh80kristimh80 member
    edited February 2018
    Thanks ladies!! Day is a good day! Though this afternoon has been met with a little nausea. Idk what that's all about, but it's around ovulation time. So I'm telling myself my body is a nut right now lol

@vlagrl29 Ugh sorry you're dealing with all this! That sounds miserable :( 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @ndz2018 I'm doing a program called 80 day obsession. I do clean eating portion control and 30 mins to an hour workouts at home. I lost 10.8lbs since Jan 15th and 6.5 inches in my waist. It's from the creator of 21 day fix. 

@vlagrl29 I always felt sick especially after the trigger I didn't do just clomid or femera so I can't say if that's normal. My period was always on time as well the first cycle it was late but I didn't do gonal that cycle all the others were on time.

I have a house guest for 2 weeks this was one of my past fosters his owner is on vacation so he's hanging out with my clan 7 dogs in one house 4 cats and 2 rabbits yep I'm crazy lol.
  • Options
    vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited February 2018
    @kristimh80 it's ok my main issue now is feeling tired. I'm use to higher energy. That's been hardest for me. I've had nausea the last 4 mornings which suck. I have had some good days. I just really miss my old self. Dh keeps telling me it's almost over.

@Labluver2 I never did trigger so who knows. Cute house guest!

it may be a few more days before prog but I did get hcg and that was negative.
  • Options
    @Labluver2 Love it!!! I have 4 dogs and wish I had room for more!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @Labluver2 what a cutie!!! I wouldnt mind that house guest! How’s he(or she) getting along with the other kids? H just called and said one of his friends called him and said he doesn’t know how true it is but a shelter over in Staten Island has a litter of golden puppies ... we’ll see how true that is who gets rid of pure bred Golden’s...H had always had a Golden since he was a little boy our last guy passed away in 2016 so we have been really missing that from our lives. Why not do our FET, potentially get KU, a puppy and move all in the same year... why live like a normal person when there’s all that chaos at our finger tips but hey that’s how we roll! 

@kristimh80 Sorry you’re not feeling great on your day:(

@vlagrl29 I think You need a long overdue spa weekend! 
  • Options
    I started spotting again! Yes!!

@ndz2018 that's my plan to get a massage. :)
  • Options
    @ndz2018 No worries...it only lasted a little bit. It could have been the mexican and cupcakes they had for lunch today in the office  :D
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited February 2018
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 happy for you and hopefully you can feel back to normal!

@Labluver2 I think that’s so wonderful you give a loving home to them. I think your house guest is pretty cute!

@ndz2018 hope it’s true about those puppies, hey you never know although it does sound kinda weird since it’s that breed. I applaud your chaos and craziness of life, hey you only live once right? That’s what I tell myself as I’ve lived apart for IVF when my dr said move to donor eggs, then a move to another state all in the same month why not right? :D
  • Options
    @Momifbysea IT IS TRUE!! There are two pure bred Golden’s at the Rescue! We are filling out an application today and will get it in ASAP!!  Look at this face!! I hope they still have him!!
  • Options
    @ndz2018 OMG soooo cute!!! They are such good dogs! If we didn't have 4 pups, I'd want one too!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited February 2018
    @kristimh80 Right??!? I just hope no one gets to him before we do! He’s a pure bred so people are all over that pretty quick .. especially when they’re usually $1300-$2500 Through breeders. 
  • Options
    @ndz2018 I bet!!! I've got my FX for you!! He'd have the best home! <3
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited February 2018
    @ndz2018 - OMG so cute!  Hope you get him.

I'm having a rough day guys.  So my thing now the last few days is insomnia - waking up 3 times a night.  I've had days this month where I thought - this is it I'm feeling better it will stay this way and then some new side effect happens.  I really can't wait for AF.  I had 3 really good days last week.  It's starting to wear on me.  DH suggested I go ahead and start the 2 week detox I bought.
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 I always wake up a few times a night or get up at some ridiculous hour like 330-4am and can’t fall back to sleep.. it sucks... last night was ROUGH i woke up 4 different times and finally at 3 something i went on the couch and fell right back to sleep till my A-hole coworker called me at 6AM to tell me she wasn’t coming in... I couldve killed her Bc I felt like I just fell asleep. 
  • Options
    vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited February 2018
    @ndz2018 that sucks! I just am one of those that needs 8 hours to function. Wish I didn't. 

Saw my naturopath today and she determined one of my adrenal glands was messed up. I'm not supposed to sleep within 6 feet of my phone and limit it for 24 hours.

ETA - stage 3 adrenal fatigue she said and basically it means when you're stressed it takes you longer to heal.
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 I’m glad you got some answers! 
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 So glad you got some answers too! That makes a lot of sense!!! One of the girls I did IVF with has been stressed and constantly sick with something. Now I think she may have the same issue. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @vlagrl29 Besides the phone thing what else does she recommend ?
  • Options
    vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited February 2018
    rubbing lavendar oil on my adrenal glands - I'm going to email her today about the nausea.  I'm still getting it in the mornings and it sucks.  still BFNs still waiting AF. I did wake up 1 less time last night so just twice instead of 3.
  • Options
    I was Sleeping great last night till my freakin phone rang at 240AM!!! It was my friend who’s dealing with addiction and lost custody of her children calling to tell me her boyfriends mother died and she was freaking out and doesn’t know what to do. I didnt pick it up just read the text but seriously?!?!!  It’s a Wed night, you know I work, WTF AM I SUPPOSED TO DO, and it’s FUC*IN 240AM WHHHHYYYYYY???!!??!?? And she calls 5 TIMES!!! My phones always on silent but I can Here it vibrating on the night stand.  I am Sorry for him but come on you could’ve called in the morning. 
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 Have you tried peppermint oil? I had nausea and slight headache last night and when put peppermint oil on...they went away quickly. Actually, made me pass out on the couch lol I never really was into these oils, but I'm becoming a believer!

@ndz2018 Ugh, those calls / texts are the worst!!! Like you, I learned to silence my phone / texts/ fb messenger because of them. But her bf's situation isn't your real concern...be different if was her own mother. Sounds like she's a needy friend and leans on your because you're probably her only real stable friend. I know that deal all too well sadly. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019