September 2018 Moms
Options

Symptoms week of 2/18

Re: Symptoms week of 2/18

• Options
    @fftm9318 blood? That doesn't sound like a normal symptom. what did the doctor say caused it. Hope you are ok!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mood swings O.O

• Options
    Today I went from laying on the couch crying and nauseous to happily eating almost an entire bag of Doritos. What is this madness??
  • Options
    marimarii said:
    @fftm9318 blood? That doesn't sound like a normal symptom. what did the doctor say caused it. Hope you are ok!
    It was likely a cut or something. They weren't too concerned but wanted me on an anti neasua medication so my throat can heal. The meds are stopping the neasua though, just the vomiting
  • Options
    Always peeing, growing, and absent minded, like literally my mind is gone. 

I feel bad saying it, but otherwise I'm pretty much fine now. So thankful of the end of the first trimester.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Okay, I am feeling better than I did through most of the first trimester (not as fatigued and nauseous), but I'm vomiting more. What gives? Also, I have this new pleasant soapy taste. Anyone else having these weird symptoms late in their first trimester?
  • Options
    Nausea is killing me slowly - on medicine but doesn't seem to help as much as I remember it helping with my DS.  

Vivd dreams and 1 nightmare - my two front teeth fell out.  I was in Chicago (live in NC though) and was calling all my friends that live there to find a dentist I could trust to fix my teeth.  It was so STRESSFUL and ODD. lol

Exhaustion - seems to be a tiny bit better the past couple of days

• Options
    @clorh2 aaah! I hate nightmares about my teeth falling out! They creep me out so bad!
  • Options
    @stothi I'm so sorry, that sounds miserable. FWIW, last week when I was fighting a cold/sinus infection all of the coughing, extra sneezing, blowing my nose definitely made my nausea worse. Now that I'm feeling better my nausea isn't nearly as bad, but I'm also 10+3 So maybe I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Either way, your situation is so tough and exhausting. Is there anyone who you're close enough with who could come over to help you out every once in a while?
  • Options
    12 weeks, 3 days... and just started getting a terrible migraine last night. I have had migraines a lot in the past, but surprisingly not since I've been pregnant. According to my doctor's list, I can only take regular strength Tylenol. I've taken this along with a warm shower, warm bath, ice pack and bananas. I don't have any caffeine in the house. Any one else had this and what did you take/do to feel better?  
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @smsaulino last pregnancy one of the bumpie’s drs told her to take a Benadryl, drink a cold Coca Cola (non diet) and take a nap. I only got to try it once because my headaches usually hit on weekdays at work, but it worked for me. The caffeine and sugar can help dissipate headaches and I guess sleeping it off helped some too. Hope you feel better! 
  • Options
    @smsaulino, frequent migraine sufferer here, preg and not. Take the tylenol (as useless as it seems....) at 4 hour intervals. Naps and caffeine. If you have chocolate, eat some. It has small amounts of caffine and sometimes can help. Otherwise I highly recommend getting something with caffine in the house.
  • Options
    @stothi I get where you're coming from. My H is gone for much shorter time periods compared to yours and I've had help from my mom here and there, but she tends to stress me the F out, so I limit that. It's good that you do have a few people to call, I get not wanting to ask for too much, it's a delicate balance. I know every time H is gone or about to leave I have to remind myself that I am enough of a parent to handle my toddler. Sounds stupid, but it can be daunting knowing that all meals/snacks, baths, naps, bedtime and transportation is on you. I think you've mentioned it before but sometimes it's hard to feel like you know what you're doing (or know that what you're doing is right) without your partner around. 
  • Options
    @stothi that stinks, I’m sorry you’re feeling so sick! I’m glad you have people around to help and support you!
  • Options
    I end up with a weird combo of feeling full, nauseated, and hungry all at the same time. 
    This is driving me crazy! I feel that way before dinner, and I eat because I know I need to, and then I feel that way again.

The other thing that is really bothering me is gas pains in my stomach. Every day my stomach feels crampy and bloated. It makes it hard to fall asleep at night and it wakes me up in the morning. Sometimes the gas comes out (which is a slight relief), but other times, it just rumbles around in there for hours.
  • Options
    smsaulino said:
    12 weeks, 3 days... and just started getting a terrible migraine last night. I have had migraines a lot in the past, but surprisingly not since I've been pregnant. According to my doctor's list, I can only take regular strength Tylenol. I've taken this along with a warm shower, warm bath, ice pack and bananas. I don't have any caffeine in the house. Any one else had this and what did you take/do to feel better?  
    I find that tylenol and a bath and/or icepack help the most.  no fun!
  • Options
    EErin86 said:
     :'( I thought maybe nausea was going away... But it was just a mean trick
    I’m sorry! Hopefully it will be gone soon.
  • Options
    @stothi and @melly0001 also apanasana (which is also known as wind releasing pose :) ). Just a thought.

https://m.yogaoutlet.com/guides/how-to-do-knees-to-chest-pose-in-yoga/
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @stothi and @pourmeamocktail, thanks for the suggestions! With how I am feeling at this point, I have no concerns about dignity whatsoever :D  If something might help, I'll try it! 
  • Options
    @melly0001 I was having gas pains really badly but not passing gas. I think it was all related to morning sickness and I seriously recommend trying preggie pops. They can be ordered from Amazon and are not expensive. They help me with everything - not just nausea. They take away my gas pain and relax my legs and back. I hope you feel better soon :)
  • Options
    @magnolia209 Thanks for the suggestion! I am also experiencing a lot of nausea, so that sounds great. I just ordered some!
  • Options
    I think this might be the last straw in the “should I look for a new doctor?” debate...I just wish I hadn’t waited so long. I’m 12 weeks, and last night and today I’ve had really severe pain in my shoulder and back. I’m 99% sure it’s just sore muscles, but then again, I’ve never been pregnant and when I google it, I see that it could be a sign of something and I should call my doctor. I do call (and this is my first time calling wth a question since their after-hours line is $50 per question if they deem it non-emergent). I wait until 9am and call, and the nurse laughs and says “Now, how could pain in your shoulder be related to a pregnancy?” I don’t know bitch, that’s why I called you.  :|
  • Options
    @ashh2018 Have you had a scan? It can be a sign of an ectopic pregnancy. Not to freak you out, but you should get checked out if you haven't been already. You'd think a nurse would know that. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Options
    @ashh2018 That is horrible! No pregnancy-related question deserves that kind of response and you shouldn't be made to feel embarassed asking questions related to your-and your baby's-health. Can you call back and ask for your doctor to call you when he/she has a moment, or ask to speak to a nurse manager? 
    Me: 32   DH: 32
    BFP #1: 1/23/2012  DD: Born 9/20/2012  <3
    BFP #2: 12/30/2017  DS: Due 9/10/2018  <3

• Options
    @southernlady07 I actually have an appt tomorrow, and I’ll be meeting the doctor for the first time (as opposed to the NPs). I’m sure I’ll chicken out, but I have a list of concerns I’m hoping/planning to address with her. 

When I last went for blood work, the nurse, who I really liked, was telling me how it’s ok to ask questions and how women call with silly questions all the time (and she gave examples of particularly “silly” ones). She was trying to make me feel better but I realized right away, how would I feel if I was one of the women with a silly question? I certainly don’t want this nurse telling a patient “Don’t worry, some paranoid FTM called because her shoulder hurt!”
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    @ashh2018 sounds like a new provider wouldn't hurt anything. I wouldn't even have googled that to know that info! I would have just chalked it up to pinched nerve or sleeping wrong (unless I could actually remember an incident......remember..... hahaha, like I could remember anything lately). After hour charges seem crazy to me. I don't know of any provider around here that does that. Anyway, try some useless Tylenol, maybe some icyhot/heating pad will help and definitely try to rest the muscle.

Eta wanted to say hope it feels better soon (but got click happy)
  • Options
    After hour charges are insane.  Based on everything you've said it sounds like you need a new practice ASAP.  Even if you end up really liking the doctor, you'll be dealing with the staff and nurses plenty and they sound terrible.
  • Options
    @ashh2018 I would probably look for a new doctor just based on that ridiculous $50 after hours fee. But I recently had INSANELY sore leg muscles for no apparent reason and it worried me a bit too. Another mom told me that had happened to her in pregnancy  and it went away after a few days. I ate bananas for a couple of days and increased calcium intake in case that’s what caused it. But it was like I had gotten charley horse knots in my calves and my quad muscles felt super fatigued, even though I hadn’t done anything more than walking around the house. It was strange. 
    LFAF Awards

me: 27 | husband: 35
    IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

married May 2015 --> started NTNP
    BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017
    BFP 12.30.17 - EDD 9.6.18

Fertility Friend Chart
  • Options
    Any STM+ moms feel like they have a lot less RLP with subsequent pregnancies? I felt like I got it almost every time I stood up last time during 1st and 2nd tri, and now I only get it on rare occasion. 
    LFAF Awards

me: 27 | husband: 35
    IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

married May 2015 --> started NTNP
    BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017
    BFP 12.30.17 - EDD 9.6.18

Fertility Friend Chart
  • Options
    @fwtx5815 I actually think I have it more/earlier. I remember feeling great and having little to no complaints until I really started showing (so like 5-6m maybe). Now, I can't move without feeling it at 10.5wks 
  • Options
    @ashh2018 I would definitely talk to the provider, but in my experience (practice management) even if someone talks to the staff that is ingrained in their personality and they will always act like that. I also think the $50 after hour charge is ridiculous!