September 2018 Moms
Options

Symptoms week of 2/18

Ok, mamas what are our crazy pregnant bodies up to this week? I've seen several new moms in the intro thread this last week with some concerns and questions about pregnancy- this is one of the threads you want!  We'll be using this thread this week to discuss pregnancy symptoms. Cramps, nausea, heartburn, sore boobs, consti- freaking- pation, all that fun fun stuff, will be discussed here. Jump in and ask away! Or jump in and complain to your heart's content about the fact that you pass more gas now then a trucker eating gas station burritos. We're here for you. 

Re: Symptoms week of 2/18

• Options
    Yay for improvements! @stothi

I’m not sure if I’m improving or just getting smarter managing. I cut wayy back on milk and cheese which were main ingredients in my snacking, and the queasy has lessened after eating. Lemon water is a lifesaver, I tried a cinnamon stick in my water bottle instead, but it just wasn’t the same. I suspect I’m trading nausea for acid reflux, which would explain why lemon juice in my water and pickles are my best friends-fight acid w acid? 

One random “symptom”/reaction(?) I had early that puzzled me was that my earrings tried to heal up and started getting infected. I’ve never had issues with earrings, no matter how infrequently I wear them. They are fine now, but I had to work to get them to chill. It was super strange! 

Anyone else have a strange reaction to metal? Or otherwise seemingly unrelated issue crop up? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jhjocelyn Randomly reacting to something that never bothered you before totally happens. When I was pregnant with DD, I randomly started reacting to the adhesive in bandaids. I haven't had issues with bandaids since I delivered her.
  • Options
    @knitknitread I have not had any wonderful, vivid dreams... all I've had is nightmares. Glad you are having a good weekend. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @smsaulino I'm so sorry to hear about the nightmares :( They are the not fun flipside of the vivid dream coin. 
  • Options
    Yes to nausea and vivid dreams. Still so tired. Lemon water definitely helps with the nausea for me. My mom recently bought me Dunkin Donuts ground coffee and it's so weak. I've been making half decaf since finding out I'm pregnant but this coffee isn't cutting it. My boobs also feel super heavy and I feel like my ribcage has expanded again. I need new bras but don't want to spend the money. Has anyone tried third love while pregnant?
  • Options
    Is anyone else really, REALLY itchy? I’ve always had this problem a little bit due to dry skin, so I moisturize with anti-itch dry skin lotion really frequently. But it’s awful right now! Last time I shaved my legs I wanted to claw my skin off when I got out of the shower (so clearly I haven’t done it again in almost two weeks, I learned my lesson haha). Anyone else? 
  • Options
    @Redpuma119 when DH and I were looking through GIFs the other night, he laughed hysterically at that second picture... because I've been like that since 6 weeks and I'm 12 weeks now.. He said that the only thing that's missing is the GIF having flames coming from her mouth because he swears I've been like Godzilla. The other night the dog was irritating me so bad... I almost through it across the room. ugh. I'm glad DH has been super supportive because I don't necessarily like being like this at all. My filter has recently been completely gone also. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Yes to sex dreams and no filter! I’ve been crying a lot this week, but it comes on fast and leaves again in a moment. And then I just feel pissed!! My nausea is not as bad so long as I eat frequently (Yay!!) @nlc8424 I haven’t tried third love but would highly recommend purchasing some comfy nursing bras without underwire. I have some from my first pregnancy and they are the only kind I can currently wear without my boobs revolting!  Mine are from motherhood maternity and bamboobies
  • Options
    My nausea is getting better! I’m hungrier midday than usual. But in the afternoon I end up with a weird combo of feeling full, nauseated, and hungry all at the same time. 

Cramps that I’m guessing are RLP? It was scary bad last night but no spotting. Also RLP when standing up quickly etc. between that and sciatica pain I’ve been dong lots of hip stretches. 
  • Options
    @skilledsailor I think I've been having some RLP as well. Mostly if I cough or sneeze.
    and good to hear you're feeling better! 
  • Options
    @ashh2018 I haven’t been itchy this time but last pregnancy that happened to me. I’m sorry I don’t remember if anything helped.

I had super vivid nightmares for weeks and those have finally gone away. Right now it’s rlp, heartburn that woke me up in the motn (I wasn’t prepared for that), and a little rage. My husband shuts down when I get mad, even when he did something wrong, so that hasn’t been fun.
  • Options
    @arbell615 I did use nursing bras the first time but my rib cage has expanded (again) so those don't really fit too well even though they're stretchy. I ended up buying a couple of new ones at target in a couple band sizes up, I'll end up ordering some more nursing bras closer to September in a better size. Thank you for the recs though!
  • Options
    Yes to the sex dreams!
    @SkilledSailor I feel like that in the afternoon, too!
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Options
    My bras have been feeling tight, but my bigger ones are still too big in the cups. I might look into some stretchy ones. I hate having super prominent nipples though, so that might take some trial and error. My ribs are feeling sore off and on, too.

I'm finally not nauseous enough to read this thread! Huge yay. Still loving ice cold lemon water. Cold water is not my love usually, but something about being pregnant makes me want my water COLD.

I’m more conscious of my uterus lately. I can tell it’s growing and moving. I’m getting excited to feel movement, even those super early tiny flutters, although I know it’ll be at least a couple more weeks. I’m 12 weeks today, and I think I felt some movement around 14-15 weeks with my daughter, although it wasn’t until a couple of weeks after that that I realized that’s really what it was. At first it just felt like my stomach dropping, like when you go over a huge bump in the road or drop down on a roller coaster. It feels a little more real when there’s actually a baby jabbing and kicking at you, lol.
    2/13 Blighted ovum, D&C -- 6/13 MC -- 8/14 DD born -- 3/17 MC -- 9/18 DD2 born
    Expecting again -- EDD 7/27/20
  • Options
    Has anyone had a metallic taste in their mouth? I'm 12 weeks and this started about a week ago but today it's stronger..ive brushed my tongue after I eat but I can't seem to get rid of it..ive also had pineapple and orange juice but nothing..is there anything else to get rid of it? 
  • Options
    Anyone else having issues with a constant bad taste in their mouth? I’ve been brushing more than ever and can’t go 30 minutes without wanting to do it again. A minor symptom, but annoying!
  • Options
    @josieee_v didn’t mean to copy you right after! No answers, just commiserations. 
  • Options
    My hand keeps reacting to my wedding band! It's 14k white gold.....but my finger doesn't appreciate it right now. Also- I loved orange juice and apple sauce last week...... but now nooooooo. Weird.
  • Options
    @starla ... I havnt had sex dreams like this since I was a teenager!!!! WOW
  • Options
    @josieee_v I get the metallic taste sometimes. I'll be honest through-thinking about brushing my teeth and then drinking pineapple or orange juice made me ill :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    @embri12 @josieee_v one of my pregnancies I had a metallic taste in my mouth and I switched PNVs and it went away. Maybe that might help? 

BFP#1: 11/15/2010 * Missed M/C 12/28 * D&C 12/29/2010
    BFP#2: 3/31/2011 * IT'S A GIRL! * Born 11/17/2011
    BFP#3 CP 11/15/2014 
    BFP#4 9/3/2015 * Team Green turned PINK * Born 05/16/2016
    BFP#5 12/26/2017 *SURPRISE* Due 09/02/2018
  • Options
    @embril2 @josieee_v lemon water helped was away the metallic taste for me last time.  I haven't had the is she this time around.

I'm not sure if this is even a pregnancy symptom or if I just somehow injured myself without realizing it.  But one of my ribs has been massively painful the past week or two.  Like to the point I can't even sleep on that side.  I really don't remember being in this much pain this early last time so I'm leaning towards injured myself, but I figured I see if anyone else was having an issue.
  • Options
    jhjocelyn said:
    Yay for improvements! @stothi

I’m not sure if I’m improving or just getting smarter managing. I cut wayy back on milk and cheese which were main ingredients in my snacking, and the queasy has lessened after eating. Lemon water is a lifesaver, I tried a cinnamon stick in my water bottle instead, but it just wasn’t the same. I suspect I’m trading nausea for acid reflux, which would explain why lemon juice in my water and pickles are my best friends-fight acid w acid? 

One random “symptom”/reaction(?) I had early that puzzled me was that my earrings tried to heal up and started getting infected. I’ve never had issues with earrings, no matter how infrequently I wear them. They are fine now, but I had to work to get them to chill. It was super strange! 

Anyone else have a strange reaction to metal? Or otherwise seemingly unrelated issue crop up? 
    that is so crazy... I had an earring infection a couple of weeks ago too.  
  • Options
    Yes to the sex dreams! They are crazy and I can definitely remember all of the details in the morning. My biggest symptom right now is headaches and sciatica. I can't ever decide which hurts worse!

Me: 26 DH:28

Married:10/25/14

TTC#1: August 2016

• Options
    @marym94 so random right? It started with my cartilage, then the second holes. I’ve had them all for well over a dozen years w no issues! It started before I knew I was pregnant, between that and the awful day of super terrible brain day I figured something was up. 

Literally will be telling this kid that I knew they were coming because I scratched (really bad) our brand new truck.  :o

knottiee1c62c8f3bb5708b about halfway through my pregnancy w dd I started reacting  to my wedding band and had to leave it off. I was really bummed because Inwasn’t having swling problems so it fit fine, I just got a rash on my finger under it. 

Sorry for the weird formatting in that tag. 

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

• Options
    Friday night I started getting braxton hicks - irregular but pretty constant and at 8wks+5d. I had them fiercely with my DD through the 2nd trimester and right up until birth. But never in the first tri! Thank god for boards like these, because there are tons of ladies claiming they've had them this early and I stopped freaking out. Anyone getting false labor pains yet? I am 100% confident that's what these are. Mine always feel like tightening of the stomach and a wave of anxiety flushing over me. Friday night was the worst, but they continued throughout the weekend, mostly at night when I was relaxing, watching TV. 

• Options
    My abdomen hurts.  Like cramping and pain. And I feel so dumb but I cannot for the life of me tell if a) ate too fast b) pants hitting wrong spot and weirdly restricting c) have to actually maybe poop (for once) d) uterine cramps. Leaning towards a or b. Fingers crossed. 
  • Options
    @Redpuma119 yes yes yes on the sex dreams! I'm not an overly sexual person, but it's all I dream about lately. Super strange. 
  • Options
    @sarahlynn72181 - Yes to the Braxton Hicks already. I've been feeling them for a while. That super tight uterus feeling isn't like anything else, to me. I feel weird saying it, but I think I was feeling them before I tested. I could feel my uterus like a rock hard ball in there off and on the day before I felt comfortable POAS, and sure enough it was positive. They're not constant for me, just one every once in a while. But it's that unmistakable tightness. I Googled it for sure, and there was plenty of info saying they can start early. I don't think they're studied all that much, but the uterus definitely practices tightening and contracting without being labor-productive so it makes sense they could start whenever. The muscles are the same, they just get more stretched out later on.
    2/13 Blighted ovum, D&C -- 6/13 MC -- 8/14 DD born -- 3/17 MC -- 9/18 DD2 born
    Expecting again -- EDD 7/27/20
  • Options
    Craving frosted flakes this week
  • Options
    Besides my usually sore, achy, and tenderness... Like everywhere. And congestion that drives me nuts... My neasua has gotten worse. I'm 12 weeks today and I started throwing up some blood this morning. Called my doc and headed for some new meds now.