October 2018 Moms
Options

STM+ Check In - February

2»

Re: STM+ Check In - February

• Options

How are things going with this pregnancy?
    So far so good! I found out earrrrly, at just 3w+2. I’m now only just 4w+4, so waiting for my first appointment is taking forever.

Any concerns currently? 
    My first dream after getting pg was about having twins. They run in DH’s family, and I got a very early BFP...gulp. 

Positive/exciting things going on with current child? 
    DS is 22 months, and while he’s hit all his milestones right on time, his speech development has been slow. He says new words all the time, but rarely more than once. But lately he’s started using and repeating full sentences like: “I did it!” and “I can do it!”  Seeing the progress is sooo encouraging. 

Any concerns/frustrations with current child? 

His speech is a big one. He is also very high energy, and very inquisitive. A runner and a climber. When people see him in action, their eyes get huge and inevitably ask me “is he always like that?” 
    I’m used to it, but it’s hard taking him places with other moms and kids, because my kiddo needs a lot of extra supervision.  

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    edited February 2018

So far so good! I found out earrrrly, at just 3w+2. I’m now only just 4w+4, so waiting for my first appointment is taking forever.

Any concerns currently? 
    My first dream after getting pg was about having twins. They run in DH’s family, and I got a very early BFP...gulp. 

DS is 22 months, and while he’s hit all his milestones right on time, his speech development has been slow. He says new words all the time, but rarely more than once. But lately he’s started using and repeating full sentences like: “I did it!” and “I can do it!”  Seeing the progress is sooo encouraging. 

Speech is a big one. He is also very high energy, and very inquisitive. A runner and a climber, too. When other parents see him in action I usually get asked with wide eyes “is he always like that?!”

I’m used to it, but it makes going places with other moms and kids hard because my kiddo needs a lot of extra supervision. It kinda forces me to be a helicopter parent. :/ 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @concreteayngel My 22 month old is the same way! I try to be social and take him places with other moms, but whenever I do I can’t even talk to them because I’m too busy literally running after him from one thing to the next. 
  • Options
    @kablaze The struggle is real! There are probably a few moms in my mommy group who think my name is “Archer Wait” or “Archer Getdownfromthere”  :D
  • Options
    Grear so far but I’m only 5 weeks. So it’s early :)

Any concerns currently? 
    Mostly just impatiently waiting for my first appointment that isn’t until 11 weeks  :'( 

DS has also been an incredibly easy baby and I know we’ve been spoiled by him. I’m definitely nervous that this baby will be more of a challenge and we won’t know how to handle it! 

DS is 13 months old and he is working on walking! We are having so much fun with him, he’s at such an interactive age and we love seeing him think and learn, he’s so smart! -not biased at all of course :)

DS slept through the night from 8 weeks until he was about 11 months old. Between development, growth and molars we had an incredibly rough and sleep deprived January. Thankfully things seem to be getting back on track now and everyone is happier with more sleep. 
  • Options
    Whoops, sorry for the duplicate post! This app is the actual worst. 
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    @concreteayngel I found out way early as well. 3 weeks according to LMP, 3 weeks 3 days according to OPK. It's made me extra anxious though because it feels like the weeks are dragging

How are things going with this pregnancy? I wish I had written more in my other BMB because I don't remember how I felt this time with DD. I have days when I can't hold anything down and then days when my nausea is mild. it feels like the symptoms come in waves. I definitely have more lower back pain and stretching feelings. 

Any concerns currently? I've had light (I mean LIGHT, like I'm moving my tp around in the light to see light) pink discharge a couple time Friday, Saturday and today which makes me nervous but DH swears this happened the last time. I was crying Friday (I had a blighted ovum before DD) and he kept telling me that I was being ridiculous and that the same thing happened with DD.  

Positive/exciting things going on with current child(ren)? I love DD age. She's 1 year and 8 months, and she's talking up a storm and being so cuddly. She's got a huge personality and recently learned to say "I love you" so Daddy and I are over the moon. 

Any concerns/frustrations with current child(ren)? To say she's spoiled is an understatement. She's the 1st grandchild on both sides, the baby of the greats on DH side AND the only girl on DH side. She gets unlimited attention from her gradnparents and sleeps in our bed. I'm actually starting to get nervous about how she'll be when Baby gets here. I want to try and avoid any jealousy/bitterness but I don't know how I'm going to do that. 
    Me: 30     DH:32
    Married: 12/16/12
    TTC #1: 06/15  BFP #1:07/13/15
    D&C: 08/28/15
    BFP #2: 09/26/15
    M: 06/03/16
    BFP #2: 02/12/18 
    L : 7/26/18 (SIUGR, micropreemie)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How are things going with this pregnancy? Great so far! I'm more nervous this time than the last time. I have no idea why. I didnt have any issues last pregnancy or anything  happen to make me worry. I'm just more nervous for some reason. I've finally started to feel nauseous (it kicked in ASAP with my first), and it's in the middle of the night this time too?! I'm not sleeping well and am exhausted, but otherwise I'm good :D
    Any concerns currently?  Nothing in particular. Just ready for that first appointment! 
    Positive/exciting things going on with current child(ren)? My daughter is 15mo and is SO fun lately! She's mimicking everything and has really gotten into reading lately. Her vocabulary is starting to pick up. It's so neat to see her learn about the world and pick up new things almost daily!
    Any concerns/frustrations with current child(ren)? She's frustrated when she cannot communicate, which leads to whining. I dont know how to break her of this habit. But it can grind on my nerves. I try to redirect her or ask her to use her words or help her communicate, but sometimes it's just straight up whining. I feel like I need to read a parenting book or blog. LOL. 

I also took her to the pediatrician this weekend because I thought she had an ear infection. It turns out she didnt, but they found a heart murmur. Of course I started crying in the doctor's office and am freaking out. She said they can be normal, but a pediatric cardiologist will be in touch so they can see her. Y'all, I cant even think about it. It's too scary and of course I only think about the worst outcomes :( Thanks for listening! 
  • Options
    So far, so good I guess? My first appointment isn’t until 3/13, so I’m driving myself nuts wondering about all the possibilities.

Any concerns currently?
    At this point in my last pregnancy, I was puking upwards of 5 times a day and was already on medication. Now, I have only puked once and I’ve just been miserably nauseous. Idk if that’s to be expected, or if something is off...

Positive/exciting things going on with current child(ren)?
     My son will be 2 at the end of April. He’s learning to talk, and starting to use phrases more often. His current favorites are, “whatya doin mama?” and, “Oop! Sorry! I fix it!”

Any concerns/frustrations with current child(ren)?
    TANTRUMS. Over everything. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been headbutted and kicked in the last month or so. Luckily, he’s not a biter. But it really hurts to get hit in the face!
  • Options
    @wolfpackgrl718 sorry to hear about DD’s heart murmur! From what I’ve read, they are usually nothing to worry about in a LO, so try not to think the worst!

@Mollk806 yup! He sounds like my son, who will also be 2 around the end of April (4/27). He “assumes the position,” (on his back, kicking and screaming) at least once a day now. Just like when he falls down, I try not to react. And singing the calm down songs from Daniel Tiger has helped a lot, too. :) 
  • Options
    How are things going with this pregnancy? Things have been going well so far with the exception of being nauseous way more. 

Any concerns currently? I have my history appointment with the nurse tomorrow so I’m looking forward to getting some tips and tricks to try and avoid GD and pre-e like last time. Same with the swelling, I was SO swollen I got stretch marks on my ankles. 

Positive/exciting things going on with current child(ren)? DD is at a really fun age (1.5) so she’s been learning a lot and being really silly. I love her sense of humor and her caring heart. She loves all animals, cuddles, and climbing everything.

Any concerns/frustrations with current child(ren)? She has been going through a temper tantrum phase when we tell her no. She’s such a drama llama, major eyeroll.
  • Options
    @concreteayngel Thanks :smile: I googled (even though I know I shouldnt!) and read that they seem to be common. So I'm trying to think the best :D I appreciate the support!!
  • Options

I am much sicker and more exhausted than I was with any of the others, and definitely feeling older! other than that all is good.
    Any concerns currently?

nope

Positive/exciting things going on with current child(ren)?

we just finished up a round of conferences/grades with the older three and they make us so proud! it is hard to see how fast time passes, but so exciting to see them grow.

Any concerns/frustrations with current child(ren)?

they are all so excited for the new baby, but our youngest is three and insists that we are "buying" a boy baby and will hear nothing of a girl. seeing as that is out of our hands we will just cross that bridge if we come to it. ;) (we have three boys and a girl right now)

• Options

How are things going with this pregnancy? Great for the most part. Occasional nausea, but not as bad as my previous two. If I could just get my poop in a group (literally) I'd be happier. This GI insanity is no joke.

Any concerns currently? Nada

Positive/exciting things going on with current child(ren)? My youngest is going through a language explosion, and she just doesn't stop talking.

Any concerns/frustrations with current child(ren)? Both my kids are insanely attached to me. Mommy only, Daddy is chopped liver. To the point of them literally arguing over which one of them I'm going to carry down the stairs in the morning. I usually carry both of them so I don't have to listen to the screaming, but a lot of times that upsets the sensibilities of my oldest, because "I wanted you to carry me with TWO hands!"

Don't get me wrong, I love that they want me and want to snuggle me and be with me, but Mommy needs a break.

• Options
    Hi All! New member intro. :)

Okay so far, but it's very early, 5+4 with TWO sacs seen on an ultrasound on Monday.

Any concerns currently? 
    I've had tons of losses (six total, ranging from 5-11 weeks) so I'm always pretty much waiting to miscarry. With two good-looking sacs that both had fetal structures, I'm really hoping one sticks around. I don't really expect twins, and if that's our reality there's going to be a freak out at some point. 

DD is is almost three, so there are big transitions afoot. We're moving her to her "big girl room" and potty training at the same time. We have not talked to her at all about pregnancy. We're also certified foster parents, still waiting for a first placement, so we've talked about that and she's excited to have other babies in the house, though I'm sure she has no idea how much her life would really change!

Potty training is THE WORST.
    ***TW***
    DD born April 2015 after many rounds of IVF and losses.

After much more of the same...

• Options
    Now the concerns are starting to set in.  I think I can manage 3 kids in car seats in the car.  But I'll have a 5, 4, and newborn.  Currently I'll hold the hands of each and cross the street.  Grocery shop with one in the seat and one in the basket, or hanging on to the basket.  If he goes rogue I know where the little one is.  OMG, how do people go out with three kids!!!  I'm hoping the older one matures a bit and that helps?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers   Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @tropical1982 I'm still wondering how I'm supposed to go anywhere with 2 kids! 
    Mine were close enough in age where I could use a double stroller or a sit and stand when needed.  At ages 4 & 3 I hardly used a stroller unless Disney...can't think of anywhere else.  Zoo trips are usually short (4 hours max) until they get tired.  I guess my biggest concern is shopping.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers   Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @tropical1982 That is an excellent question. I’m in the same boat as @acciocoffee on that one.  I think the answer to that is an SVU with third row seating, and invest in a good infant carrier! 

Speaking of which, ladies, can you recommend your favorite buckle-style carrier? Does anyone have the LILLEBABY Complete? I’m looking to replace my old handmedown ergo original. (Wraps are NOT for me.) 
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    @concreteayngel I also have a hand me down Ergo and I've been dying to get a Lillebaby. I tried the Complete on at MommyCon last year and it was 100x more comfortable than the Ergo. I just couldn't bring myself to spend the money on it since I don't wear DD anymore, but now there is a good reason!
  • Options
    @SawyerRichardson that’s great to hear! The reviews on YouTube look pretty promising. I’m going to a maternity consignment store tomorrow and am hoping I can find a gently used one at a discount. DS hated being worn, but this baby won’t have a choice, so I’m willing to splurge a bit on comfort.  :)
  • Options
    I have a LÍLLÉbaby airflow that we haven’t used much, we love our Tula and use it the most. I’m hoping to sell the LÍLLÉbaby and get a Tula free to grow for this next baby!
  • Options
    @concreteayngel I LOVE my boba carrier. Sooo easy to use, and DS always felt so comforted in it. I always found it super comfortable too, and never had any pain from carrying him for a long time. 
  • Options
    Tula hands down for us! @concreteayngel

@wolfpackgrl718 I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry. My brother had one as a kid and outgrew it! Best of luck mama!
  • Options

@muchwanted Potty training totally sucks. I finally just gave up with my oldest and figured he'd do it on his own when he wanted to. Thank god that worked, because otherwise I would be screwed

Tula for life here @concreteayngel. I may have a slight obsession with them, but my almost four year old still likes to be worn sometimes, and my almost two year old demands it frequently. It's probably hard to see, but I'm actually wearing her in my photo. I'll tandem wear them too occasionally if I'm going somewhere with crowds.

• Options
    Tula mammas, correct me if I’m wrong, but you can’t front face in a Tula, right? And it also requires and infant insert? 
  • Options
    @concreteayngel Correct, you cannot front face in a Tula. There is a new sized one out there (Free-to-Grow) that doesn't require the use of an insert, but the Standard size would need an insert when baby is small.

• Options
    tinattt23tinattt23 member
    edited March 2018
    Unpopular option: I don’t love our Tula. It took forever for DS to be able to use it without the insert (he was tiny). And it was so hot with the insert. It also just seems huge. Maybe it’s because I’m tiny, but it takes over my entire torso, hips to chin. We’ve rarely used it since he’s been big enough to sit in a cart. 
  • Options
    muchwantedmuchwanted member
    edited March 2018
    Re carriers, we loved the Ergo 360, which we bought after I had a complete meltdown about my fiery hatred of the Moby. We used the Ergo pretty much every day until she was 18 months, or maybe even longer. Easy to adjust between DH and me, too. A couple of downsides worth mentioning: It's bulky, so it's hard to tuck into a diaper bag. I might need to get something smaller for emergencies this time. Also, the newborn carrier is basically a big cushion/blanket, which is problematic in hot climates - though that's not likely a problem for many with October due dates.

***TW***
    DD born April 2015 after many rounds of IVF and losses.

After much more of the same...

• Options
    We used a Baby Bjorn and a Boba wrap with DD. Both worked fine, but DD has always been pretty small so for bigger babies you would definitely need one with more support. I preferred the Boba until it got too hot. I did really hate that I had to tie it on myself so I might treat myself to a K'tan this time to simplify things. 
  • Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    @acciocoffee I really regret not getting a K'tan with DD.  I'm definitely treating myself to one this time!
  • Options
    Second unpopular opinion: I didn’t like my k,tan either.  :s He never felt secure in there. I always had one hand on him just in case. Maybe I just fail at baby wearing.  :D
  • Options
    I had a K’tan, and I wouldn’t recommend it. The fabric tends to bunch up, so the criss-crossing pieces of fabric that are supposed to act as the seat get wadded up into tight ropes of fabric digging into’s DS’s groin, dangling his legs instead of supporting his body. And you’re just constantly adjusting and un-bunching the thing. 
    DS outgrew it by like 5 months (90th percentile in height and weight), and the back support is non existent.  

As you you can see in the pic, the fabric is bunched up at my neck, and DS looks soooo thrilled in it. Hahaha. He was 5 months here, and that was the last time we used it. 
  • Options
    I had a K’tan, and I wouldn’t recommend it. The fabric tends to bunch up, so the criss-crossing pieces of fabric that are supposed to act as the seat get wadded up into tight ropes of fabric digging into’s DS’s groin, dangling his legs instead of supporting his body. And you’re just constantly adjusting and un-bunching the thing. 
    DS outgrew it by like 5 months (90th percentile in height and weight), and the back support is non existent.  

As you you can see in the pic, the fabric is bunched up at my neck, and DS looks soooo thrilled in it. Hahaha. He was 5 months here, and that was the last time we used it. 
    This has nothing to do with baby wearing, but Go A’s!!! :smile:
  • Options
    @nmadjeski that's good to hear! well not that he had one, but that he outgrew it. I appreciate the support! The pediatric cardiologist finally called me to schedule an appointment and we go next Wednesday. Everyone keeps telling me things that make me worry less, so I'm doing better :D Thank you!
  • Options
    @wolfpackgrl718 my pediatrician when I was a kid also discovered that I have a minor heart murmur. Honestly, other than them telling me that it’s there, it hasn’t affected my day to day life at all. It’s fairly common from my understanding, so I’d try not to worry too much! 
  • Options
    @pumpkinpancake Thanks girl! We have our appointment tomorrow, but I'm in a pretty good place right now :D I've gotten so much support and have heard of SO many people having them and it being nothing that I am very optimistic!