September 2018 Moms

Weekly Randoms 2/12

Re: Weekly Randoms 2/12

• Loading the player...
  • Took 4 shirts this morning to find one that didn't suggest I'm pregnant. The bloat is turning to bump, and I wasn't planning to tell work until March 9...ordering more "work sweatshirts" as I call them - aka, anything with a kangaroo pouch that's remotely dressy and can pass as casual-work appropriate. 
  • @spottedginger I legit had a dream about drinking a coke last night. It’s been so long!! May have to make that dream a reality, feeling like a normal human sounds so nice!! 
  • @arbell615 @spottedginger Yes to feeling more human! I’ve had lattes twice this week and it’s been amazing. My nausea had been so bad, I haven’t had coffee in a month. Between lattes and jeans that actually fit, I’m feeling more like my normal self. 
  • @spottedginger It's so glorious, isn't it! Cokes have been the thing I've been able to consistently consume this pregnancy. I may love Coca Cola more than DH at the moment, haha.
  • @skilledsailor Same, I'm totally averse to coffee and even tea leaves a gross taste in my mouth... You're a bit head of me so I hope I start feeling normal again too! haha

• @adirat FX for you! I know you've mentioned that your MS is super bad too. Have you had HG? Being able to drink coffee again is super new this week. I'm still pretty queasy but am eating more and have more hours that I feel ok. Here's to hoping the same happens for you soon! 
  • @skilledsailor I was diagnosed with HG with my last (loss) pregnancy. I'm just as sick this time but I didn't bother getting diagnosed (also because I am seeing my RE longer and my OB starting later, and my RE basically said "as long as you stay out of the hospital it doesn't matter what it's called" which is true enough). So I guess that is a long way of saying yes? I'm 9 weeks now and no end in sight but I have to keep clinging to some hope that I'll feel better.

Were you diagnosed with HG? Did you take meds? My RE doesn't want me to take anything stronger than diclegis unless I would otherwise be hospitalized, and I can keep down fluids usually so I am not at terrible risk, I think.

• @adirat Ugh, even if you can keep fluids down it can still be pretty miserable. Has the diclegis helped you at all?

No HG, because I've only thrown up a handful of times. But I don't throw up even when I have the stomach bug so my MW was still concerned about my level of nausea. I'm doing the DIY diclegis and she's offered to put in an rx for reglan if I decide I want it. Since I was already 10w when I got that offer I wanted to wait a couple weeks before deciding. Rumor has it some people's MS magically goes away at 12 weeks. 
  • @skilledsailor I'm also on the DIY diclegis plan, and yes, it helps. Without it, I can't keep down anything and barf literally 6 times per day. With it, I usually only barf twice, morning and evening. I can keep down lunch! That is seriously a victory. I also have awwwwwwful food aversions, though, so I'm not eating a ton either. 

tw - loss
    With my previous pregnancy, I continued to barf every day straight up to my loss at 14 weeks, so I personally don't feel like that magical day without nausea is coming soon but I have to believe it is coming... 

• @adirat Glad you're able to keep lunch down! Yes to the food aversions! I've had them hit in the middle of eating. Like wtf body, this food was totally ok two seconds ago. Sorry you're not feeling hopeful about the MS getting better. Every pregnancy is different. I'll be hopeful for you that this pregnancy is different in multiple good ways. 
  • Took 4 shirts this morning to find one that didn't suggest I'm pregnant. The bloat is turning to bump, and I wasn't planning to tell work until March 9...ordering more "work sweatshirts" as I call them - aka, anything with a kangaroo pouch that's remotely dressy and can pass as casual-work appropriate. 
    A few people at work know (I work with a bunch of family members) but most don't. Every morning I stare at my closet, trying to figure out what will for sure cover the elastic of my maternity jeans and also not make me look super pregnant already. It's mostly just early weight gain for me but also bloat and STM uterine overexcitement, but I might need to buy some stuff until I'm really ready to break out the full-on maternity wear.

I'm more self-conscious about it this time around, I think. Maybe because I was in (slightly) better shape before getting pregnant with my daughter? I also have a good friend who's pregnant who wasn't showing at *all* at 20 weeks, so I'm probably comparing. But it's apples to oranges; she's got a long torso and solid abs, I'm medium height and have very soft abs.

I'm having a 3/4 cup of coffee right now. I think this is only the 2nd cup of non-decaf I've had since getting pregnant. Bring on the energy plzzzz.

2/13 Blighted ovum, D&C -- 6/13 MC -- 8/14 DD born -- 3/17 MC -- 9/18 DD2 born
    Expecting again -- EDD 7/27/20
  • My husband is so funny. Last night I basically threw in the towel since my head was pounding, I was achey and just exhausted. My H thought we would be even and that I would do bath for the millionth time in a row since he was "on his own" last night and I'm feeling better tonight. I not so subtly reminded him of all that I've been doing by myself for weeks, and told him it was still his turn to do bath. H, come on, let's pick up the pace here.
  • @yosemite2018 I’m with you on that, this is not a yearbook photo people it’s the inside of my body! 
  • Do not open the help me thread if you are having an iffy morning with nausea. I was doing so well today... 
  • Do not open the help me thread if you are having an iffy morning with nausea. I was doing so well today... 
    - cosigned
  • @spottedginger Too late. That thread needed a serious Tw* nausea* blech 
  • @spottedginger I had a small iced latte yesterday at 2pm to help me stay awake to do my trig homework.. and I was still feeling the caffeine at 1 am.. hahaha..  
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• Something totally random just happened and I'm not for sure where to post it.... so my mother; the woman that may have birthed me but has been pretty neglectful in my life since I was a toddler.. the one who not even a decade ago threw me off on anyone she could when I was severely sick and bed bound for about 1-2 years.. the one who has always treated my siblings friends more as her child than me.. just messaged me on FB wishing I'd text her sometime.. I hate the phone... I despise it. The only person I honestly text is DH and that's just wanting to know what time he'll be gracing me with his presence. This would normally be something that I talk to DH and the BF about... but they are both at work. ugh. 

• @knitknitread I think it's the fact that she's wanting me to contact her at all... like why is she all of a sudden trying to take an interest? My hormones are driving me bananas this morning. I'm probably more emotional about it than I should be because of the hormones. ... and I could go for a virtual hug. Thanks.

- cosigned
    Really wish I had checked this thread first
  • @EErin86 I'm such a coffee snob too, that sounds amazing! DH hates that he can't buy me cheap coffee lol.
  • @EErin86 I haven't been drinking coffee due to being overly cautious but now you have me craving some fantastically delicious gourmet coffee.. I may have to find some at lunch!

@WishIlivedinflorida I'm with you. I've thought about posting on the ultrasound thread but just can't bring myself to do it. It's such a personal thing that I really only want to share with my husband. I'm not sure how I feel about the HDBD thread since right now I don't think I'm at all cute! But I agree!

@smsaulino I don't have any advice to offer but just wanted to say I'm sorry you're having to deal with this and hope once you get to talk to your SO and BF you will feel better about your mom contacting you and can get a game plan of what you want to do, if anything! Hugs!

Me: 26 DH:28

Married:10/25/14

TTC#1: August 2016

• Anyone else celebrating Chinese New Year tonight? It’s our first year giving red envelopes. In a weird way, it makes me feel more like an adult. 
  • @yosemite2018 I like that idea! Who doesn't like a good gif party?
  • @yosemite2018 yay! I have either two or three weeks to learn how to post a gif haha
  • I’ll post at 14 weeks since that’s the beginning of the 2nd tri on the bump... for anyone who wants to join in at 13 weeks, no one will stop them.