September 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 2/12

Re: Weekly Randoms 2/12

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @stothi that sounds like a convo that would go down in my bathroom too. But it would also include "I want to see" and "I help wipe"  :o  :D
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly buddy doesn't really know how to wipe yet, but he'll ask for a square of toilet paper and then shove it between my legs so it falls in the toilet. He's always so proud. My prenatals make my pee crazy neon yellow so I'm scared he'll see it and wonder what's wrong with mommy's pee, lol. Oh, man, the joys of not being able to pee alone.
  • Options
    DS is 10.5 months so not into potty yet but still comes into the bathroom to open and shut doors and play with the scale and try to dive in the toilet when I’m done and trying to flush. Good to know it only gets better!  :D
  • Options
    @spottedginger there must be..... I would truly be shocked if there wasn't....
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly right?!? I mean... I was there less than 48 hours ago. How did did the kids bathroom not make that big of an impression?!? We bathe DS every night. 
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly well the offer went over before I had that revelation. DH says he is pretty sure there was a tub... But now I am second guessing. All the bathrooms have been renovated and the pics of the online listing are at an angle where you can’t tell. Gah.
  • Options
    @spottedginger We only have one bath tub in our house and it is a massive soaking tub. We found a way to make it work. It will be fine.
  • Options
    @stothi DED. That’s awesome. 
  • Options
    PW today: got a call from the pharmacy. So the cash price for that diclegis rx is almost a thousand dollars. My co pay is 70 but with a coupon is $40. Thank you insurance. 
  • Options
    @ashh2018 how do you not have an oven?! Is it a really old house?
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Married to DH for 6 years (together for 16)
    DS born 12.13.14
    DD born 10.15.16
    BFP 1.24.18, MC 3.13.18
    <3 BFP 4.25.19, EDD 12.31.19  <3

• Options
    We're closing on our new home (new build) and getting a Mini Van this week!! My wallet is hurting, but my heart is singing!! I can't wait to have all that leg room and sliding doors! :wink:
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married to DH for 6 years (together for 16)
    DS born 12.13.14
    DD born 10.15.16
    BFP 1.24.18, MC 3.13.18
    <3 BFP 4.25.19, EDD 12.31.19  <3

• Options
    @spottedginger holy crap! I got an rx for it but never filled it. That’s nuts. I also got 10 tabs of sublingual zofran which I will fill to keep for sickness non pregnancy related or if I’m absolutely desperate in the next few months. That shits expensive too. 
  • Options
    @stothi oh my goodness, the stuff that comes out of kids mouths. The other night I was holding DS in the kitchen and my DH was messing around and poked me in the boob and must have said it, and DS repeated "boob" and then also continued to poke me too.

As I had mentioned in another thread, my DH is home this week, but he's sick. Honestly, I kind of wish he was still out of town since he can be so useless when he's sick. I told him we need to get him on a better health care regimen in general. I bought him some echinacea and I have him take a multi daily, so hopefully the echinacea will help a little. I don't understand how I spend so much contact time with DS and rarely get sick, but DH gets one little piece of snot on him from DS and he's instantly sick. Ugh, trying to summon all of my patience.
  • Options
    @spottedginger i second that- we have been thinking about selling and have been looking- looked at a house- we left- i looked over at DH and said “hey- im not sure i counted 4 bathrooms did you? Did you notice a tub????” The look on his face said it all!! 
  • Options
    @stothi damn i was just sitting here watching toy story trying to decide it ifs worth getting out of bed to make ramen!!! Mmmm... i think yes
  • Options
    @stothi in my house we call that the “toilet paper fee.” I can’t go to the bathroom without at least handing over a piece of toilet paper for DS to put in the toilet once I stand up. 
    Anniversary
    Me (29) + DH (30) | Dating 2003 | Married 2008
    DS - 02/21/2016

• Options
    @stothi DH’s office has ramen noodles. He brought me a cup last week - best dinner ever. 
  • Options
    Feeing very anxious to be flying for work this week. Every time I go to visit these two clients I come home sick, plus all the airplane germs make me nervous being pregnant. To top it off my ms is consistently bad in the afternoon at a time I will have to be face to face with clients this week. Today it was so bad not even my nausea medicine would help. I do not want to run out of an annual review meeting to be sick. Not to mention I have not told work and that is not the way I want to do it. 
  • Options
    @klj0228 I hope everything goes good... I didn't have sickness until I flew the weekend before last. It was triggered when we were taking off and just went downhill from there for several days. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @klj0228 I've had a few meetings with clients when my nausea is really bad. I know it's a little rude to chew gum in meetings but I've found mint gum to be really helpful in those moments. 
  • Options
    @smsaulino I wondered how flying went for you. I’ll pack lots of peppermints which seem to help.

@SkilledSailor good call on the gum. I’ve been eating peppermints at home, but was concerned that would be rude. I think I could get away with gum though. 
  • Options
    I’m so tired. I’m honestly calculating if it would take longer to wash/dry my hair in the morning, or stop at CVS on the way to work and get more dry shampoo (I’m out). I absolutely can’t shower right now. Too damn tired. 
  • Options
    Note to everyone: don’t watch Armeggedon while pregnant.

Also I came up with a brilliant idea. For every woman who is pregnant her partner should get hormone injections that make them feel bloated, exhausted, cry at the drop of a hat, etc. (My husband was legitimately worried about how much I was crying at the end of the movie. He doesn’t get it...)