Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Faint Positive After Time Limit on Dollar Store Tests or Evap?

caraandjakecaraandjake member
edited February 2018 in Trying to Get Pregnant

Ok ladies. My husband and I are not actively trying to conceive but I wanted to share my findings of this week in hopes that it will save someone the stress/confusion that we have had this week. I am currently breastfeeding my 7 month old. All of the sudden, last week, I felt very pregnant... all kinds of symptoms. So I decided to take a pregnancy test. Normally, I use the Veriquick brand from the Dollar Tree. I have never had any issues of false readings either way with these. But Dollar Tree is a lot farther away for me, so I just went to the nearby Dollar General and got their $1 test (with which I have no prior experience).

I took my first test at night. It came up negative within the 10 minute window. I looked again later that night and thought that I saw a hint of something but it definitely wasn't clear enough to say it wasn't line eye. So I decided to try again with FMU the next morning. Again, completely blank after the 10 minute window. But when I went back that afternoon, there was a very obvious and PINK line! (I know, I know... don't look after the time limit, blah blah blah... but I always look and I've never had a line show up past the time limit). I of course did a ton of research online and came the conclusion that the world is split exactly 50/50 on whether this ends up being the beginning of a BFP or an evap. So, I decided to test again the next day with FMU. Same thing. And the next day, same thing! And the lines seemed to be getting progressively darker! So I'm thinking, "OK, maybe I am really pregnant. Any day now that test should turn positive during the window. 5 days of getting these lines after the time limit on every single test. My husband peed on one as a control... no line! We're so confused because we're thinking that if I'm pregnant, the tests should be giving us true positives by now. So we made the trip out to the Dollar Tree to get our trusty Veriquick tests. 3 days of FMU on those and not a single line, yet each of the Dollar General brand ones continued to have lines after the time limit, albeit less dark.

So here I am a week later, pretty positive I'm not pregnant, but pretty frustrated with the Dollar General tests. I know, part of it is my fault for looking, but good God an evap on every single test?! (Except my husband's which is truly perplexing). Moral of the story, I 100% trust the Veriquick brand (even after the time limit). Those babies have never led me astray. However, the Dollar General Brand (which appear to be the same as the Wal-mart 88c ones?) are horrible and I would not recommend them, especially to those who like to peek back later on.

Good luck to all. Just wanted to share what I'd found since it's so hard to find someone who actually comes back and posts final results!

**Images Removed by Admin**

Re: Faint Positive After Time Limit on Dollar Store Tests or Evap?

• Options
    galactickatesgalactickates member
    edited February 2018

Ok ladies. My husband and I are not actively trying to conceive but I wanted to share my findings of this week in hopes that it will save someone the stress/confusion that we have had this week. I am currently breastfeeding my 7 month old. All of the sudden, last week, I felt very pregnant... all kinds of symptoms. So I decided to take a pregnancy test. Normally, I use the Veriquick brand from the Dollar Tree. I have never had any issues of false readings either way with these. But Dollar Tree is a lot farther away for me, so I just went to the nearby Dollar General and got their $1 test (with which I have no prior experience).

I took my first test at night. It came up negative within the 10 minute window. I looked again later that night and thought that I saw a hint of something but it definitely wasn't clear enough to say it wasn't line eye. So I decided to try again with FMU the next morning. Again, completely blank after the 10 minute window. But when I went back that afternoon, there was a very obvious and PINK line! (I know, I know... don't look after the time limit, blah blah blah... but I always look and I've never had a line show up past the time limit). I of course did a ton of research online and came the conclusion that the world is split exactly 50/50 on whether this ends up being the beginning of a BFP or an evap. So, I decided to test again the next day with FMU. Same thing. And the next day, same thing! And the lines seemed to be getting progressively darker! So I'm thinking, "OK, maybe I am really pregnant. Any day now that test should turn positive during the window. 5 days of getting these lines after the time limit on every single test. My husband peed on one as a control... no line! We're so confused because we're thinking that if I'm pregnant, the tests should be giving us true positives by now. So we made the trip out to the Dollar Tree to get our trusty Veriquick tests. 3 days of FMU on those and not a single line, yet each of the Dollar General brand ones continued to have lines after the time limit, albeit less dark.

So here I am a week later, pretty positive I'm not pregnant, but pretty frustrated with the Dollar General tests. I know, part of it is my fault for looking, but good God an evap on every single test?! (Except my husband's which is truly perplexing). Moral of the story, I 100% trust the Veriquick brand (even after the time limit). Those babies have never led me astray. However, the Dollar General Brand (which appear to be the same as the Wal-mart 88c ones?) are horrible and I would not recommend them, especially to those who like to peek back later on.

Good luck to all. Just wanted to share what I'd found since it's so hard to find someone who actually comes back and posts final results!

**Images Removed by Admin**

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nope just $12. And I spent a little more to do some tests for as experiments after I already figured I'm not pregnant. I figured if I spend a few more bucks now, I know I can trust the Veriquicks but not the Dollar Generals in the future. :)

• Options
    And now I guess I know why we can never find any information about outcomes... because people get reported for trying to be nice and sharing things for others to reference. I'm not looking for answers... just trying to help ladies in the future. But go ahead and report me. 

• Options
    This thread has been closed. Please do not post pictures of your pregnancy tests. Instead, there is a thread pinned to the top of 1st Trimester board called, “What does a positive pregnancy test really look like?” where members are permitted to display their pregnancy tests.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit The Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"