June 2018 Moms
Options

The Rant Thread • w/o 1/29

A place for our Monday BF, TW Tuesday, and WTF Wednesday. 

We had mentioned trying it like this so I thought I’d get it started and see how we like doing it this way. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: The Rant Thread • w/o 1/29

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I need to go grocery shopping but it's raining outside and I really don't want to leave the house. 
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • Options
    @elsie42 I need to go grocery shopping, but it's a bit chilly, and I'd have to put clothes on.  :D
  • Options
    Ranting - MIL has been trying to get all the cousins together for weeks. We’ve gone over 2 months of availability MULTIPLE times. Finally settled on a date. Then the cousin who said they can’t do anything any weekend for the rest of time revealed they are having a baby shower that date but no one has heard of it or been invited. The MIL was invited yesterday after pestering them on dates but not the cousins so we have to start the d***m planning all over again ... About to delegate this to DH even though he’s horrible at scheduling - at this point I don’t even care if I’m there. I’ll never get my time back!!

• Options
    My rant is getting observed by the asst superintendent, principal, 2 district curriculum people, and a colleague.  Happy Monday to me.  
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @sunshineandwhiskey OMG, that sounds incredibly stressful!!

@glitterfingers That would drive me bonkers. 

@kfren I've done that before. It is SOOOO annoying and such a hassle.

@elsie42 and @doxiemoxie212 Do you have to get groceries today? Or can you just order for delivery tomorrow?

@krashke I definitely had a third breakfast today. I don't know what is going on, but I was starving.

AFM, I'm working out of our New Haven office today. I've lived in NYC for 10 years and have never taken Metro North. I've also never been to Connecticut. The friggin' Metro North trains don't have wifi! WTF? This is 2018! Get with the program. Also, it took 2 hours to get here because I didn't go during peak hours. I'm not loving this "commute." 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @LaceyBee522 I'm over ordering groceries delivered, I think. Roma tomatoes instead of red potatoes, mango instead of red onion -- too much! lol lol I mean, I also should leave the effing house. 
  • Options
    elsie42elsie42 member
    edited January 2018
    @LaceyBee522 I think I'm just gonna scrounge something up for dinner tonight and go to the store tomorrow. Mondays are hard :lol:
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • Options
    @sunshineandwhiskey omg I hate being watched. I have serious stage freight so much that a stage isn't even necessary. Meetings, being observed, speaking even to a small group of people I'm not comfortable with...ahhhh.  Good luck!

@glitterfingers how incredibly annoying. I'd totally check out of the issue myself too. 

My rant is my furnace. I had a new one put in with a humidifier in October. I don't know if some of you remember, but I had a lot of hot water heater drama around the same time. THREE leaking ones. The third one is still sitting there, leaking a small amount daily. I told myself I would deal with it once the holidays passed. I avoid the basement besides laundry and it's not finished so I really didn't have the desire to deal with it. We figured out 2 days ago, it's my #$%&ing furnace leaking. We didn't even think of it because the hot water heater is right next to it and duh, it was obviously coming from something filled with water and not from the humidifier I forgot about. My BF took the cover off the furnace to look at it this weekend when I was finally ready to deal wlth it and was like uhhh babe, the problem is in HERE. Well  la-ti-dah. Was it ever the hot water heater? It was warrantied so it doesn't reallllllly matter but all the headaches! And would Sears really just keep taking hot water heaters out of here like that without knowing for sure. Anyways, they are coming tomorrow. Had the carpet cleaner dudes here this morning bc my cat was also an asshole last week and peed; they needed cleaned anyways, but still. Just how I love to spend my mornings all week before I go to work in the afternoon. 
  • Options
    it'll probably be a recurrent thing for me to bitch about my endo's office through out this pregnancy, just to warn you all. they aren't the slowest and most rude office staff you can get.

all bloodwork is on my online portal this AM. I call the office to see if they got my results (they aren't in network to look it up online). The most friendliest woman ever ::eyeroll:: says no. so I call the lab, it could be a couple days for them to get faxed. but she gives me a phone number for the dr to call and get results right away. I call endo 'friendly' lady back and give it to her. I got a short 'okay we'll call' response. this was all before 930 this morning. its now 330. so now I will not get my new thyroid med dose for tomorrow AM. I hate dealing with this place. this isn't just a thyroid condition like a large chunk of your patients people. it involves a pregnancy.

my mind is made up, I'm changing doctors once this pregnancy is done.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    @ffw0617 you could do chicken salad. We will buy a rotisserie chicken when we go grocery shopping and then debone it and chop it up for chicken salad, quesadillas or just to throw on a sandwich. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    @krashke that's a good idea. Before pg I was an avid salad for lunch eater (M-Th) and I would bring a rotisserie chicken to add to my salads. Its def something I could try next.
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • Options
    I feel like I didn't sleep at all last night...between heartburn, not being comfy and SO's snoring, I literally tossed and turned :(
  • Options
    @catlady1215 that's just unacceptable. Nope nope nope. I had a fight with my OB's nurse last pregnancy because I was wanting them to check my thyroid levels and she was refusing. I talked to the OB next visit and she immediately tested me and, like I thought, I was hypothyroid. She wanted the nurse's name who was arguing with me and I'm still disappointed I couldn't remember. We've done a lot of adjusting this pregnancy as well but they've got my thyroid at normal levels right now for the first time. 

Anyone you can call and pitch a fit to? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    OMG my mother is driving me nuts. I sent out an email like two weeks ago with all of the details about the shower. Where I wanted it, what dates worked for all of the hosts, the guest list, my thoughts on the theme and what I want. Yes I am a control freak but with 5 women hosting one party I thought it wouldn’t be good to get them started in the right direction. 

I didnt hear any thing so I figured they had taken me off the email and continued on. Then she starts asking me all these questions on Saturday night and had no idea what I was talking about. I said I sent out an email with all this information. Turns out she never got it because she changed her email address and didn’t tell anyone. 

So now it’s been probably 3 weeks since I confirmed dates with the venue and they have booked most of the dates. She tells me one of the rooms I looked at won’t be big enough for 60 people so we could use the other room that hold like 150 or something. So I tell her that there’s no way we will actually have 60 people because there’s 69 on the invite list. I expect like 45. So then she says the smaller room isn’t even available. WHY DID YOU EVEN MENTION IT THEN! 

Then she she asks me if I have any invites in mind. READ THE EFFING EMAIL! There is like 4 options in there. I spend like 30 mins typing out that whole email and making it easy for you. 

At at this point I should just host it myself. 
    *TW LC*

• Options
    Why is it that when people (or maybe just my crazy family) find out you are having a boy, they suddenly have an opinion on what you should name him. 
    No one gave us suggestions with my daughter but everyone wants to tell us what to name our son. 
    We are not telling anyone the name besides our parents but damn people. Calm down. 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• Options
    @krashke oh geez that’s frustrating. I hope everything works out. 
  • Options
    helenbzhelenbz member
    edited January 2018
    My rants: 

- It’s cold. I’m so done with the cold. -35 today and not set to warm up for a wee bit. 

- I got in an accident last week due to ice (it warmed up then got cold again) and wrecked my husbands truck (it’s being fixed) and then my truck blew a power steering hose this week, so we now have one rental between us.  

- Work is super busy and I just hired two people to train up before June .... the guy who started first is struggling to be supervised by a younger woman I think. He’s trying to go around me, challenging everything I say and is such a know it all. Luckily my supervisor is 100% supportive of me and helping me navigate it. I’m having a conversation with him tomorrow and I’ve already had to put one conversation in writing, but geez louise! What is wrong with people. He’s been in his job for a week. 

@profmcgonagall People say the weirdest things about boys! “I bet your husband is happy”, “got it right the first time”...what on earth. 
  • Options
    @profmcgonagall yes that’s very annoying. I usually share as little as possible about the name until delivery bc believe me everyone will have an opinion about that too. My daughter’s name is Charli (which we still love) and we had soooo many opinions about that. Lesson learned!
  • Options
    @helenbz Ugh that's tough. I hope your second hire shows up soon and is more promising. He or she may even be a good influence on the dud, when he sees he's making himself the disfavored one.

@profmcgonagall The gender difference in name aggression is so weird. Especially since I'm pretty sure I and most of my friends have like 5x as many girl names picked out as boys'. Tune out the noise as much as you can.

@krashke This may be little to no comfort, but it sounds like you've done everything right in trying to make this shower easy and what you want. Try not to stress about the mess they're trying to make of things - because it will all come together some how - and come back to rant anytime you need.

@catlady1215 @Austenista Unacceptable. (P.S. How many of us are there on thyroid medication here? Had no idea it was so common?) My OB leaves me waiting 30 minutes or longer every time I go to see her but, to her credit, turned around thyroid test results same-day, called me personally with the results, and had my prescription waiting by end of day the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, because she knew I was going out of town for the holiday. When it matters, you step up and get sh*t done. I really hope they get things taken care of for you today. :(

@ffw0617 Your "brown bag" lunch sounds amazing. You do what you gotta do! And now I want PB&J real bad...

@LaceyBee522 A 2-hour commute sans internet is a rough start to a workday. Are you commuting all week, or was yesterday a one-off?

Y'all, yesterday I went by my preferred daycare in person to check on our waitlist status. We signed up back in October and I've called a few times since just to make sure we were officially on the books and try to get an estimate of wait time, but the right person to talk to was never available. They were very friendly and helpful in person, but told me the waitlist is currently... 24 months. Or actually, it could be longer because they have lots of "in-house pregnancies" right now (moms of currently enrolled kids who are pregnant with their second or third, etc., and get to cut the line). WHAT. This is not New York, and 2+ years is crazy. And I'm so sad. Back to the drawing board.
  • Options
    @emiliadkay I hear you on the daycare struggles. We've had DS on a waitlist for 9 months.  We called to ask status and were told that there was no hope of getting him or the baby on the waitlist because there are 85 toddlers on the list.  That's ridiculous.  It put me into a tailspin last week.

AFM, DS has the stomach flu . . . 

• Options
    @krashke That would drive me insane too. I believe there's 3 doing my shower - my mum, MIL and mum's bff who did my bridal shower. I'm not as on top of things as you, but I've already told my mum the 'hard no's' for certain games. {dirty diaper, eating baby food .... }
  • Options
    @krashke as a fellow control freak, I feel your pain. It’s frustrating to me that typically there is only one planner in a group, and that’s me, so if I’m not involved nothing gets done (or if it does, it’s haphazard). As much as you can, wipe your hands of it. It’s going to be what it’s going to be, and in all likelihood will never be exactly what you want because you’re not actually the one planning/hosting it, so it’s just going to drive you mad if you partially intervene. But damn yo, why are so many people so effing terrible at planning isht? It’s not that hard. 
  • Options
    bearmoonsbearmoons member
    edited January 2018
    @catlady1215 MH's endo office is the same. The entire office staff is a bunch of @$$holes, but he really likes his endo. I thought maybe it was him just being a turd because he doesn't like going to see doctors and he has a complex about his diabetes, but I went with him for a few of his pump classes and OMG, they are all idiots and have horrible human interaction skills. They recently billed us wrong for 4 of his visits for his pump (out of network), and being a medical provider myself I was on the phone immediately with our insurance and then with them. It's been 3 months and it just now seems to be re-processing. I have been nothing but pleasant and patient, and the staff is jerky every time. The billing lady is ok, but the rest....woof. I suppose the only *ok* thing is that it takes quite awhile for your TSH to adjust to a change in dose on your synthroid, so a day or so shouldn't make a huge difference medically speaking. But that doesn't make it ok for the office staff to blow you off and make things so difficult. Maybe mentioning it to your endo will help? Unless you don't care for your endo, then go find a new one (though they are hard to find and take forever to get in to see....which is a whole other issue!!) 

I'm going to rant about another medical thing. I have my anatomy scan today (YAY!!!) and it was at 315, which meant I had to rearrange my schedule and make special accommodations so I could leave early. They called me yesterday at 330 to change it to 11 or 145...which means MH can't go now. I tried to reschedule for a different day but they only have middle of the day appointments which means I'd have to just take a full day off work. I know things come up, but I'm still annoyed. And sad MH can't come. They promised me extra pics and videos, but they better not rush me!

Editing to say: I also do not understand the lack of urgency at some offices....don't they want to know patient results so they can wrap up a visit? The longer things hang out there, the more likely they are to slip through the cracks! And not all patients advocate for themselves...ugh. Ok, I think I'm done now. 
  • Options
    @austenista ugh that would drive me crazy. sometimes you have to go over the nurses head to the dr.

@emiliadkay well now that's a nice way to handle the situation! I'd happily wait 30 mins if it meant answers right away.

@bearmoons see, I'm kinda in similar spot as him then. I do like my endo.. although, not attached to her (like my OB, I don't ever want to change her lol). But the office staff is just as important cause that's who you're dealing with half the time. I don't want to change while pregnant cause like you said, it takes forever to get seen. when pregnant with DS, my OB referred me to this office. there was a 6 month wait for a doc. so I saw a nurse practitioner till after my pregnancy.
    glad your billing situation is finally turning around, 3 months is to long! you're so right. patients have to advocate for themselves so much!! you have to stay right on top of things.

update:
    I was coming in here to say I could be on the local news for showing up at this office and punching someone. I called again this AM, left another msg. and wasn't getting a call back! I even said 'I'm pregnant' and 'my pharmacy closes at 6'. but as I opened up this post, they finally called. chewing in my ear so I could barely understand her. and sounding like she was rushing off the phone. But new dose going in for tomorrow. I didn't even ask about a GD recheck cause she made it seem like a hassle, having to msg the dr again.

its a shame cause the front lady I see when I go there and the nurse that takes my vitals, all nice. I have no idea who all these rude people are I have to deal with on calls!!
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 that is annoying. DH gets mad at me bc I hate calling too, if I can't do it online it basically won't get done.
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 Does a transit card work like an HSA card?  Or maybe not so complex?  I know with an HSA if you forget to use your card you can take a distribution as long as it was for a valid reason - not sure if your transit card works the same.  Still, I get your point - even that requires extra effort when the card that's meant for that was supposed to be used instead.  I feel your pain with the points, too.  We have a miles card that I use for everything.  My bank account is just basically ACH withdrawals for all my bills (that won't let me pay card) and then a transfer every month to pay off the balance credit card.  I try to remind DH to only use the miles card, but every now and then I'll see some fast food purchase or haircut show up on the bank account with the debit card.  Like whyyyyyy can't you just use one card?  
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 Ugh, MH is the same way. He hates interacting with people on the phone. If there is no way to handle a situation online, he just ignores it. Drives me nutso. Also, he won't return things. If he orders clothes (or, I order them for him) and they don't fit, he just throws them in a drawer. He says it is too much hassle to return/send back. There is legit a gift box from Xmas 2016 sitting on our dresser because the sweater doesn't fit and he doesn't want to do anything with it. Literally throwing money away!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Not sure if this really applies as a rant, but I just need to put it out there as it's really getting me upset this morning... My 18-month rough collie started having seizures back in September. We are currently trying our best to medicate him with phenobarbital and gabapentin. Now every time he has a seizure (about every other week) he defecates and urinates all over himself. He did it in his crate this morning and literally lay on it because of the haze he was in. I struggle so much with the smell that I almost throw up and feel helpless in this situation. Thankfully I am home most of the time, but it honestly makes me fearful of ever leaving the house. I'm dreading having to cope with a newborn and the dog having a seizure. My husband has to come home every time to wash the dog as I can't lift his weight right now. Ugh, I just don't know what to do...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    catlady1215catlady1215 member
    edited January 2018
    Guys. My endo's office never called my new script in yesterday.  :| Dh is threatening to call them and bitch himself. 
    I cant stop thinking about thyroid issues affecting brain development :(
  • Options
    @catlady1215 dude you need a new endo. I know you like your actual doctor, but the entire office needs to function properly otherwise it's all a waste. They have ONE JOB: get you your prescriptions lol. 

@silvergreen oh man, I feel for you so much. I love dogs more than I love humans (Wednesday confessional?), and I've had many in my lifetime and thus have also witnessed them deteriorating, and it is just so heartbreaking and sad. When I was 18 or 19, my golden retriever had a heart issue and was on his last legs, I remember that feeling of being terrified to leave the house. Are his legs not working properly anymore or is it just that in his haze he can't get up/walk? 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 oh she's gone. I'm seeing this through till may cause my thyroid history is complicated and it takes forever to get in with a new one. But once baby is here, byyyyeee!!!

• Options
    @doxiemoxie212 His legs seem to be ok, a little wobbly since going on the meds. It's more the haze which is referred to as the post-ictal state following a seizure; he's conscious but the awareness is not there, or only partially - he doesn't understand his name/commands, doesn't seem to understand where he is or what he's looking at, and will repeatedly bump into the same object. His recovery from the last two post-ictal states seem to be much quicker than before (5 minutes as opposed to 30-60), and the one prior to this one he was mostly responsive, so I think the meds are definitely doing something for him. This time around I'm not sure if he even lost consciousness when he defected/urinated. I was loading the dishwasher and heard him circling in his crate (when he has a seizure he'll usually fall over and start flailing), so I went to check on him. The only tell-tale sign of a seizure this time around was involuntary muscle twitches in his face, as though he's repeatedly flinching. :(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @silvergreen poor pupper :( well, hopefully the meds continue to work/improve. That's so hard. 
  • Options
    @silvergreen that is heart breaking. I'm sorry you have to deal with that and cleaning that up would be a huge PITA. I had a cat growing up that had seizures but it was different because she was diabetic. You can't really check the cat's levels before giving them insulin so you just dose them everyday and sometimes her body wouldn't need as much insulin so she would go into insulin shock and have seizures. We mostly remedied this by giving her corn syrup when she was seizing. 

I hope he continues to improve with the medication. 
    *TW LC*