August 2018 Moms
Options

STM Check-in 1/29

How far along are you? 

How old are your other kid(s)? 

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)- 

GTKY:  What is your favorite food this pregnancy? Is it a pregnancy only thing or do you like it all the time?

(Took out the gender question since a lot of us won't know for a while. If you found out feel free to mention :)

Re: STM Check-in 1/29

• Options
    How far along are you? 12w 2d

How old are your other kid(s)? He just turned 1!

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)- 
    Rave - so we finally found a sleep training method that worked for us (suggested by our pediatrician) and my son just got through the whole night by himself in his crib getting himself back to sleep on his own!!!!
    Basically you create a consistent routine for both naps and bed time (for us it's just sleep sack and the penguin on vacation book) then turn off the lights, lie down next to the crib and pretend to sleep. We say "night night Wesley" and try to keep that phrase consistent. Sometimes I rub his back if he has trouble calming down. The main thing is to be consistent and to never take him out of the crib unless his nap is down or bed time is over. 

GTKY:  What is your favorite food this pregnancy? Is it a pregnancy only thing or do you like it all the time? Peanutbutter crackers and milk. I honestly don't have much of either when I'm not pregnant but it always seems to hit the spot when I am. Also icecream. All of the icecream. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    11 weeks. 

DS is 3.5

My rant is just a complaint about winter. I’m so sick of everyone being sick and stuck inside with nothing to do. And having no energy to take DS anywhere. I want nice weather, sitting outside, planting my flowers .... waaaahhhhh! 

GTKY:  What is your favorite food this pregnancy? Is it a pregnancy only thing or do you like it all the time?

Lately I’ve been making sausage, egg, and cheese bagel breakfast sandwiches and they are delicious. Otherwise, I just eat what sounds good which is usually nothing because the nausea is ridiculous. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    13 w 5 days

DS is finally over the awful flu! He has a lingering cough but seems to feel fine and is eating a ton. I’m so excited to take him to his swim lesson and get back to our normal activities! 

Almond Butter. I always like it but it’s a bit ridiculous this pregnancy. I’ve been going through a jar every week. I melt it in oatmeal, put it on toast, eat it by the spoonful....it’s ridiculous. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    11 weeks, 5 days...praise the lord, I'm nearing the end of first tri!

DD just turned 1 on 1/17.  @laufisch When was your son's birthday?! Looks like our kiddos are very close in age.

DD has just now started saying "bye bye" and it's the cutest thing ever.  She's also recently starting giving big, open-mouthed kisses, which is also really hilarious and adorable.  She's super active, which has been exhausting basically since July when she started crawling, but man is this ever a cute stage!

Ha, all the food? Everything?  I don't know what my favorite is because I've literally just been shoveling it in to try and make the nausea go away.  Also the thing that sounds good this week likely will be disgusting to me next week.  At first I was really into spicy food, but now that doesn't sound very good anymore and I've been really craving salad.  I had a BOMB kale and cranberry salad at dinner on Saturday night and it's literally all I can think about. Normally I would not order a kale/fruit salad with dinner because I'm typically all about the ranch and cucumbers, but seriously that salad was soo good.

• Options
    How far along are you? 10+6

How old are your other kid(s)? DS is 1.5 and DSS is 12

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)- I am absolutely loving the stage that DS is in right now. He's trying to figure out words which is adorable because DH and I know that "Doh" means dog and "mamamam" is milk but it's still babble. He's just learning everything and is so happy.

DSS is going through a tricky stage - he's 12 going on 30 so he knows better than all of us and the tween attitude is killing me! But we had a good weekend, we moved recently and he's got so many friends in our new neighborhood that he hangs out with - he's so much happier. Bit of a backstory - DH and his ex wife stayed really good friends after the divorce so we actually hang out with her and her husband and her entire family all the time. We were living about 30 min away from everyone until this past summer when we moved about 4 minutes from her house. It's been awesome having everyone so close and DSS is so much happier because he can go back and forth however often he wants so we see him all the time now.

GTKY:  What is your favorite food this pregnancy? Is it a pregnancy only thing or do you like it all the time? Those Caesar salad kits in the grocery store. I don't want the good salad - just the cheap stuff in the kit. It's been the one and only thing that I've consistently eaten this pregnancy, everything else depends on which direction the wind is blowing if it's yum or blech.

@laufisch - YAY!!! That's HUGE finding a sleep schedule that works for you! And Happy Birthday to your DS!
    @ladygali - ditto being over winter. I just can't anymore. Bring on Spring!
    @amac12999 - So happy your DS is over the flu! Enjoy getting back to normal daily stuff!
    @juliebird6 - Happy Birthday to your DD as well! The open mouth kisses are the best!
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    12 weeks today! 

DS turned 2 in November - this stage is SO much fun!

Rant: I've posted about it on like every thread already today, sorry for the repetition.. but the nausea is getting to be too much. I had general food aversion but no nausea until 9 weeks, and the nausea has just gotten worse since then. I thought it would let up by now..

Rave: we announced to everyone over the weekend, and it is such a relief to not have to worry about trying not to look pregnant anymore.. because now everyone knows I am! It's also nice to be able to openly talk about it, although, I still catch myself trying to hide it. First tri seemed to last FOREVER with DS. I can't believe I'm already at 12 weeks!

Food: carbs and cheese (Cheez-its are LIFE, anyone who disagrees is wrong), cereal, and soup. Those are the only things that sounds good on a regular basis. I've made a giant pot of soup or chili every week so far. I'm normally a huge protein eater, so I feel guilty that I'm slacking in that department. 

@amac12999  weirdest thing, because I normally don't eat it, but I could not get enough almond butter while pumping for DS! He had MSPI, so my food choices were very limited, but almond butter was my obsession! Our local grocery store has an almond grinder with different settings so you can make your own almond butter. I had to get a new jar every Sunday!
    @mrsbubbles-2  I am not looking forward to those pre-teen and teenage years!

Me: 28, DH: 40
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • Options
    juliebird6 DS birthday was 1/19 so super close! I agree about this stage being adorable but exhausting. He's so active! 

Thanks @mrsbubbles-2! It's been a big relief knowing he'll sleep on his own now. Teenagers are hard, my family most kept us active in activities during that stage probably because my sister and I were super annoying. 

@amac12999 I've never tried almond butter in oatmeal but it sounds good! Do you but anything else with it? Do you just use normal oats? 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    13w6d 

DD is 4, DS will be 1 next week.

I love the stage DS is in, exploring and becoming more independent while also sleeping well, but still a baby (to me at least). I just can’t stand the newborn/ small baby stage. So demanding and all the crying and not sleeping. Ugh. 
    I’m starting to feel some little flutters here and there and it’s just the sweetest thing, this is our last baby and I’ll miss this for sure. 

I’m really feeling salads atm, especially Caesar. Other than that, it varies day to day.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 9+5

How old are your other kid(s)? 2.5 and 7.5 months

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)- DD1 is just the best, she has very advanced language skills and has been speaking in full sentences since about 18 months, and she is starting to memorize long books and "read" them back to us at night, which is adorable.  She also likes to sing along with the Moana soundtrack in the car, and at the beginning of every song she likes to tell us what is happening in the movie when that song is playing.  She is also getting the last of her molars in, which is a semi nightmare.  Almost done tbough, probably just in time for DD2s teeth to start busting through.

DD2 is, by comparison, a bit delayed.  Only babbling in vowel sounds, not even close to crawling (DD1 was crawling at this age), but she's such a happy baby that I'm not mad at it.  She's getting super good at eating solids, she ate half of my bowl of chicken soup Saturday night.  She sleeps great at night, at least 12 hours, but her naps are never longer than 30 minutes which is exhausting for me on weekends...no breaks.  She's happy though so I guess she's well rested.  I had to start supplementing her daily bottles with formula today which makes me sad.  I'm only pumping half of what she takes in at daycare most days, but I think she's getting a lot more when she directly nurses than the pump does, despite my using a Medela Symphony (full hospital grade).  On weekends I just nurse her and she doesn't seem hungry at all, so who knows.  Probably in another month we'll have to start doing bottles some on weekends too.  I'm happy she's so good at solids at least, her sister wouldn't eat solids consistently until 10 months, so this is a plus.

GTKY:  What is your favorite food this pregnancy? Is it a pregnancy only thing or do you like it all the time? I don't really have pregnancy specific cravings.  I've been eating a lot of eggs I guess?  I don't know.  I wish I had time to cook real dinners, I basically eat garbage food all week after I get the kids to bed and only have time to cook on weekends.  That's not going to be better with 3 in the house (2 under 2 plus a 3 year old), so I need to get used to it.  I can't wait until all of my kids are old enough to sit in front of the tv for 45 minutes after we get home at night so I can cook a real dinner.  So you know like 5 years from now probs.  Sigh.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    13 weeks

4, he'll be 5 in April

DS has been super emotional the last week. Crying out of nowhere and telling me he doesn't know why.  Telling me no.  This morning he threw a fit over brushing his teeth and that's never been an issue before.

DH leaves for Texas next week for 2 weeks and I am not looking forward to it at all.  I have this fear that me or DS will get sick since it's winter and I don't want to be alone! Granted, my parents live 15 minutes away, but still.  I'm scared of the flu that's so crazy this year.  I wish we could just be hermits for a few weeks until it warms up a bit.

I don't think anything in particular. Cold fruits and iced coffee.  I tend to use being pregnant as a time to eat all the bad things in moderation that I don't allow myself normally - ice cream, white flour breads and bagels, etc.  I'm trying not to go overboard because generally, I am a health nut, but I won't deprive myself either :)

• Options
    How far along are you? 10w3d

How old are your other kid(s)? 14M-ish

He's pretty fun at this age!  Sleeps good, eats good, walkin around.  My only rant is the switching from 2 naps to 1 nap phase is kinda killing us.  He only wants to take one, but when he only takes one he's a disaster.  Make up yo mind!

GTKY:  What is your favorite food this pregnancy? Is it a pregnancy only thing or do you like it all the time?  My cravings are all over this time!  Last time it was all the sweets and I lived off Lucky Charms.  This time it's been blackberries (I've eaten 3 Costco cases), tomatoes, chinese food, sushi, mexican, whatever you guys talk about....makes me want it. 

Sex question- I had the blood draw Friday so I should know any day now what we're having!

• Options
    riverbedriverbed member
    edited January 2018
    How far along are you? 9w3d

How old are your other kid(s)? SD-16, SS-13 & 11, DS-6

We told the younger three yesterday (told SD last week). We did it with pink & blue balloons and a baby balloon in a box. The oldest caught on quickly, the middle didn't say much at all, just a blank stare, and the youngest didn't get it until DH said "mommy has a baby in her belly". All in all it went well. The kids are split on the sex 2 want it to be a girl and the other 2 want it to be a boy. DS had a ton of questions at bedtime, but mostly just wanted to know if baby could here him because he wanted to whisper to my belly. **Heart melted**
    Only concerns are what the SS's mom is going to say, and how my youngest SS is taking it. I plan on talking with him alone some this week.

GTKY:  What is your favorite food this pregnancy? Is it a pregnancy only thing or do you like it all the time?  Juice, fruit and sherbet!! Fruit is normal, but the intensity of the other two are definitely pregnancy related.

Edited b/c its Monday and I can't seem to remember my kids' ages. :neutral:

His three plus my one; we are all excited to welcome a little one!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    How far along are you? I will be 12 weeks tomorrow. YaY! 

How old are your other kid(s)? 4 years old. 

My daughter s at the stage where she does the opposite of what I tell her and everything is an argument. I don’t know if this is because she is four now because this is new and it is very annoying. I feel like we are constantly butting heads and it was never like this. Any other mommas with a four year old. 

Anything that I can stomach. I am finally getting my appetite back and that is lovely. I have been craving fruit. I have  ate an apple a day and I usually despise apples. 

(Took out the gender question since a lot of us won't know for a while. If you found out feel free to mention  ) 
    Still Waiting. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 11weeks

How old are your other kid(s)? 2.5 DD

Rave - DD has started to identify her letters. And randomly will come up and kiss my belly or talk to "her baby".
    Rant- She's back in a yelling/demanding phase. Too bad for her that DH and I don't put up with that. And she still insists on wearing a diaper during naps and bedtime even though she's been potty trained since 2, and hasn't had a wet overnight diaper in weeks. We're gonna chat with her this Friday and explain that the diapers are going away. 

Ice cold iceberg salads with shredded cheese and Italian dressing, Oranges, and cereal. All things I've liked in the past, but never had a craving for. 
  • Options
    @lakesideknitter I’m right there with you, unfortunately. Hoping this is the beginning of the end, though....

How far along are you? 
    11+6
    DS will be 21 months this week.
    DS is getting better at communicating and we are getting better at understanding him. He has been saying “DeeDoh” forever and we just realized he’s saying “Here you go!” The things he says most is “More, please” but since he used that to ask for everything it’s not always clear!
    I’ve been all about breakfast food all day. Restaurants that serve it all day are my jam. I already love bacon and eggs, but I’m eating them even more now.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    hoodwink89hoodwink89 member
    edited January 2018
    How far along are you? 
    10 + 3

DD is 5

Baby girl lost her first tooth last night! So sad and happy to see her growing up! She can now write her first and last names unassisted and her numbers up to 20!

Spicy Garlic Sauce from Buffalo Wild Wings is my favorite right now! I eat it once in awhile when not pregnant. Along with all the food! I feel like I just can't get full right now. Totally thinking it's a boy.
  • Options
    @hoodwink89 Aw! Congrats to your DD! That is so exciting! <3

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 11 weeks

How old are your other kid(s)? 3.5 and 15 months

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)- 3.5 is hard. He’s so whiny and a brat. I feel like absolute crap so I’m sure that doesn’t help.

GTKY:  What is your favorite food this pregnancy? Is it a pregnancy only thing or do you like it all the time? It changes daily. Nothing is consistent.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @hoodwink89 OMG I WANT BUFFALO WILD WINGS SO BAD RIGHT NOW.
  • Options
    How far along are you?  13w!!!!! YAY end of 1st tri!

How old are your other kid(s)?  L is 2.5 years, and E is 14 months. 

L is finally able to hear and speak. We haven't had an ear infection for 4 months, and his vocabulary has really exploded. He can now tell us what hurts, what he wants to eat, and which show (he only has 4 favorites) he wants to watch. Its awesome, and sucks because I am heartily sick of Sofia the First and Trollhunters. 

E has just learned her first non mom/dad word. Its STOP. Which now we have a cute game of stop, no you stop, stop, Emma you stop . . . .  for eternity. Oh well, I love listening to her. She also has started to sing randomly. Its interesting. 

GTKY:  What is your favorite food this pregnancy? Is it a pregnancy only thing or do you like it all the time?  I am ashamed to admit that I like these even when not pregnant, but it does take a certain mood to want them. A gas station burrito. One that was fried/cook in the morning and has been sitting getting soggy tortilla-ed and dry on the filling. Has to be beef&bean or Bean&cheese. 

(Took out the gender question since a lot of us won't know for a while. If you found out feel free to mention  ) 

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    How far along are you? 12 w 2 d

How old are your other kid(s)? 20 months

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)- Things are fine (so far). Biggest issue is work. Got up at 4:05 a.m. this morning to get an early start on work. Yeah, I'll be asleep by 9 tonight. 

GTKY:  What is your favorite food this pregnancy? Is it a pregnancy only thing or do you like it all the time? Grapefruit. I always like it, but it is just SO good right now. I eat half a grapefruit every morning. I think I read somewhere that g.f. is a natural source of folic acid, so bonus. Last pg. I was really into the citrus, too. 

Was there a sex/gender question? I should know this week!! eek! I grew up with only sisters but we have had only boys among us. No girls on my side whatsoever, so everyone is pretty much not even trying to hide the hope for a girl as this will certainly be the last baby for anyone on my side (and DH's side for that matter). But I truly will be happy if it's a boy, too. Knowing the bond I had with my sisters as same-sex siblings, I would be thrilled for DS to have a brother. So win-win all around. 
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• Options
    How far along are you? 
    12w 
    7 month girl 
    Baby has had a aweful cough this last week. I feel so bad for her. Dr said we basically have to let it run it’s course. 
    I’m craving dairy, ice cream especially! Yogurt, cheese, cereal. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 11w3d

How old are your other kid(s)? DS1 is 5 and DS2 is 3

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)-  current rant is this damn flu that's everywhere. I'm pretty sure DS2 has it, waiting on confirmation from the pediatrician, so that means that everyone in my house will have it soon. Since I live with my parents and my brother it's going to take down a lot of people. I love living with my whole family but I hate it when a virus hits, it seems to linger for at least a month as it cycles through everyone. I wish lysol bombs were a real thing. 

GTKY:  What is your favorite food this pregnancy? Is it a pregnancy only thing or do you like it all the time? Lately my favorite foods have been ramen and vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup. I always like them but not to the point where I'm eating them every day like I am now. I'm also seriously averse to Mexican food which is insane because that's my normal favorite food! 

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    aj1327aj1327 member
    edited January 2018
    @laufisch normal oats. I start cooking the oats and then put a giant glob of almond butter in, so it melts into the oatmeal. DS loves it too. I put maple syrup in his but for mine I just sweeten it with a banana. It’s so good! 

ETA: I also have used peanut butter and when I really want a treat, I use the Justin’s chocolate hazelnut butter. That’s soooo good. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 9w3d

How old are your other kid(s)? DS is 2.5

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)- DS just got over croup and now cough and fever are back. Have an appointment with pediatrician in a bit to rule out flu. Ugh
    Raves: although this age is rough and he’s nearing the 3’s (in May), he is so fun! Learning everyday, having actual conversations, he’s turning into a great little dude! 

GTKY:  What is your favorite food this pregnancy? Is it a pregnancy only thing or do you like it all the time?  So far just carbs. Breads, crackers, sandwiches, you name it. I eat scrambled eggs/egg whites every morning, but now I need them with toast or an English muffin. So weird. 
    Me: 34 DH: 37
    DS: 5.28.15
    DS#2: EDD 8.31.18

• Options
    @laufisch we found that consistency was a key with DS! We never sleep trained, but stuck to a routine and didn’t get him out of the crib like you said. At 2.5 he is still an amazing sleeper!

@mrsbubbles-2 that’s awesome you all are close now! And that’s great you have such a good relationship with them!

@lakesideknitter cheez-it’s are the bomb. Sorry about the nausea!

To everyone else battling sickness, here in solidarity!! I’m over it!

Me: 34 DH: 37
    DS: 5.28.15
    DS#2: EDD 8.31.18

• Options
    How far along are you? 13w2d

How old are your other kid(s)? DD 12, DD 7, DD 4

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)- My oldest will be 13 in two weeks and I feel like she’s 17.  The boy talk is killing me. I’m super stalker on her phone. I’m frustrated and generally upset that my sweet little girl has become a sullen teen over night. I can’t handle it. 

GTKY:  What is your favorite food this pregnancy? Is it a pregnancy only thing or do you like it all the time?  There is no one thing. I love all the food. And normally - non-pregnant - I don’t eat a lot. Now. Nothing is safe. I need all the food. 
  • Options
    Having trouble with copy and paste

i am 10 weeks

i have a two year old boy

im so thankful my son still naps so I can lay down. I’m having super nausea
  • Options
    How far along: 11+4 

How old? DS is 22 months. 

Rant/Rave:
    Today was the first day of the new semester so I had all new classes. The kids seem great but I’m absolutely shattered. It’s so draining, I talked so much today and had to be so energetic. By the end of the day the pregnancy breathlessness was a killer and I couldn’t speak very long without pausing to catch my breath. I’m sure I looked ridiculous. I’m also convinced that everyone at school suspects im pregnant because I’m getting fat AF and my eating habits have changed drastically. I can’t wait to actually tell everyone so I can let my belly loose but I won’t be able to tell for like three more weeks. Also DS bit a kid today at daycare and I’ve been so upset. 

Rave: despite the biting, DS is the sweetest thing. I love him so much. He’s at such a fun age, it’s such a pleasure to hang out with him most of the time!! 

Fave food: I’m ashamed of how shit I’ve been eating. The only thing calming my stomach is carbs and usually I try to avoid carb so much!! But I’ve been eating a ton of popsicles, the no added sugar kind, and they’re absolutely amazing! 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @dirtanddiamonds solidarity! I didn't see 12 coming... I've had my DSS since he was 8 and oh how I miss the sweet little boy that didn’t roll his eyes at his lame rule-making step mom!

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I’m 10w2d today

DS is 20 months old

Rant: Don’t ever fly on a plane with a toddler when it’s his normal nap time or bed time, especially when both the toddler and your flying companion (DH) are recently recovering from the flu. We did this last week when we didn’t have a choice because we had to go to a family funeral. DS screamed bloody murder the whole 3 hour flight out (which was naptime) and the whole 3 hour flight home (which was after his bedtime). Stay healthy everyone! 

Food: meh. I’m not really a fan of anything right now. I just eat for survival, and almost never the same thing twice. When I’m NOT 1st trimester pregnant I’m definitely a foodie. So ask me this question again in a few weeks.
    Me: 40  DH: 43
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    BFP #1 9/28/15, EDD 6/10/16. DS born 5/23/16!
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
    BFP #3 12/17/17 EDD 8/25/18. It's a boy!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    10w 3d

I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter 

I have horrible morning sickness, so it’s been very challenging trying to keep up with my toddler! Making her meals is so difficult! Every smell makes me run to the bathroom! I’m hoping 2nd trimester will be easier for me and help me feel like a better mom.

Crackers, bread, and pudding. The only things that will stay down and not come right back up!
  • Options
    @dirtanddiamonds solidarity! I didn't see 12 coming... I've had my DSS since he was 8 and oh how I miss the sweet little boy that didn’t roll his eyes at his lame rule-making step mom!
    It’s so weird how it just showed up overnight. Stupidly, it hurts my feelings. Pregnancy isn’t helping. But this isn’t the little girl I raised. She was my 1 and only for 5 years. And now I don’t know who she is. It’s teenage life. I know. I’m adapting. 
  • Options
    SmashJamSmashJam member
    edited January 2018
    How far along are you? 14 w 5 days

How old are your other kid(s)? 2.5 DS

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)- Rant: meh, the general 2.5-ness of a 2.5 year old, lol. He' so sassy, but still adorable. Rave: He hasn't peed on the ground in a few weeks, so yay! Question: We are potty training. he never asks to go to the potty, but goes with reminders, and still has accidents if I don't remind him. I'm not sure how to correct this, but we've been at it for a few months and it was great at first, then not great, like he would just crap/pee on the ground, and now he will occasionally have accidents if I don't remind him to go pee (I'm pretty vigilant so its only once a day, but sometimes more). Any suggestions? Or is this just the beginning of potty training?

GTKY:  What is your favorite food this pregnancy? Is it a pregnancy only thing or do you like it all the time? Food sucks, lol. Almost all my symptoms have been 100% how they were when pregnant with DS, except food aversions, which is how I felt with my last pregnancy. Almost no food ever sounds good, I just eat for survival as someone else said. Fruit sounds the least horrible. 

Also, hugs to all who are dealing with the flu in their house! 

ETA: words
  • Options
    @SmashJam is your son wearing anything when he has the accidents? I ask because I think underwear feels the same as a diaper to little boys and he may not recognize the feeling of needing to go with his penis all squished up. 

Mine showed interest in the potty starting around 2, but didn’t fully potty train until he was 3 and a couple months. I finally just let him be naked at home and that’s when he got the hang of it, and he was commando when we were out and about. He only just started wearing underwear around thanksgiving. I had the attitude of it’ll happen when it happens and I don’t want to create a potty monster. I hope that helps!
  • Options
    @calimom2524 at first I thought you meant ramen and ice cream together :grimace:
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    @SmashJam I haven't gone through potty training but my sister in law just did. Her son had such a fear of missing out that he would literally not stop playing until the pee was running down his leg. She got him a little watch that had an alarm that beeped every 2-3 hours during the day to remind him to go potty.

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ecwk I giggled at "getting fat AF" because I DEFINITELY feel that way as well. I know it's not funny but the phrasing got me. My eating habits have changed drastically, too. I was probably my most fit when we conceived and now I am back to where I was like a year and a half ago. Feeling uber fluffy and fat for sure. 

How far along are you? 11+4 

How old are your other kid(s)? DS is 3 

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)-  My birthday was yesterday and my son was a holy terror. I have major anxiety and I am currently unmedicated but we left the house yesterday so I could "enjoy my day off" as my employer gives us a birthday holiday. I struggled so much yesterday and DH and I had a huge fight, at lunch of all places. The day did end up being salvaged but I feel bad about how it all went down. I hate yelling at my kid and I hate yelling at my husband. We did have a really good talk this morning about how pregnancy is affecting my moods/anxiety disorder, so I feel better but ugh yesterday was a cluster. 

GTKY:  What is your favorite food this pregnancy? Is it a pregnancy only thing or do you like it all the time? I love beef. Lol. I was a vegetarian for a long time, so it's funny to me to be literally craving beef but I think I could eat it for every meal! My iron was slightly low at my blood draw but not bad. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 13w6d

How old are your other kid(s)? 4 and 2

Rave - my youngest is SO excited about baby sister. When he sees babies he is all "baby sister!" and I saw him rocking the ultrasound picture singing "rock a bye baby." When the doorbell rang the other day he yelled "It's baby sister!" and ran over. I just am so excited to see him as a big brother because he is so much more nurturing than my first so it will be fun to have a more involved big brother this time.

GTKY:  What is your favorite food this pregnancy? Is it a pregnancy only thing or do you like it all the time? Nothing specific tbh. Sorry, I'm boring!

• Options
    ladygali said:
    @SmashJam is your son wearing anything when he has the accidents? I ask because I think underwear feels the same as a diaper to little boys and he may not recognize the feeling of needing to go with his penis all squished up. 

Mine showed interest in the potty starting around 2, but didn’t fully potty train until he was 3 and a couple months. I finally just let him be naked at home and that’s when he got the hang of it, and he was commando when we were out and about. He only just started wearing underwear around thanksgiving. I had the attitude of it’ll happen when it happens and I don’t want to create a potty monster. I hope that helps!
    Yep we potty trained over a 3 day weekend. We confined DS to the main floor, took up the rug and he was naked bottom down first day and we set a timer for bathroom every 15 min I think. Next day we had undies and same with 3rd day. From then he wore pull ups at night for a bit with no accidents. That method worked very well for us.