Fit Mom Friday 1/26

morethanamamamorethanamama member
edited January 2018 in July 2018 Moms
How's your exercise routine going? 

Re: Fit Mom Friday 1/26

• Options
    morethanamamamorethanamama member
    edited January 2018
    My gif game is not strong today, sorry about the multiple edits! I stayed relatively active this week, made it to prenatal and did a little bit of zumba before teaching a class, but no lifting or full classes because I had a work trip and in general I've been busy.

Back on the meal prep train and on a routine as of today! Thinking of going for a long walk and then do some upper body stuff.
  • Options
    @kissableviv happy for you that you'll be able to get back on your routine. Work travel is so hard when you're trying to stay fit!

I've made it to three of my workouts this week, and they've all felt really great. Hoping to get to one more tomorrow morning. We've been doing a plank challenge at the end of the classes with the plank time changing each time. One minute 45 seconds seems to be my max before it becomes uncomfortable in the abdomen, so I do that and then switch over to a reverse plank which is more comfortable. Our next challenge for Feb will be wall sits, which I'm looking forward to with equal part enthusiasm and dread.

Up until this point I couldn't use weights for any upper body stuff, pretty much just planking or wall pushups. Added TRX back into my workout routine now that my shoulder is cleared, and I've lost so much upper body strength! So hard! But I found a prenatal TRX routine I like so that will help.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Only 4/7 this week. I got some kind of food poisoning on Tues (for the SECOND time this pregnancy) so I was down for the count for a few days. 

Even though I’m going out of town this weekend, I’m telling myself I WILL take advantage of the hotel fitness center. And trying out positive affirmations... 
  • Options
    Did mostly walking and a spin class this week. Exhaustion and headaches were in full effect. I hope to get back on my routine this weekend!
  • Options
    I was traveling Sun to Thurs am, and ate way too much salt and processed/prepared foods :( but i did get my arse to the hotel gym every morning and worked out before my flight - for 6 cardio workouts! Seeing my Ob next week who likes to comment on my weight... (even though I’m +5 lbs and a size 4/6 at 5’6”... which is not overweight whatsoever).
    Worried maybe I over did it this week bc I feel like I have a stress injury on one foot now... which would super suck. Fingers crossed.

@noideawhatshesdoing Good for you for planking! I couldn’t do them before and sure can’t do them now!

@olsenbump good luck with hotel gym! You can do it!
  • Options
    @noideawhatshesdoing, impressive!  Regarding planks, I'll soon start to modify those and be on my knees. I can still do the full plank but my chiro seems to think it's about time to modify. 
    I had to work late yesterday so I didn't make it to the gym but I went for a long walk and did some arm exercises at home - push-ups, tricep pushups, rows, at least it's something. Off to teach my classes soon!

@olsenbump let us know if you made it to the gym but enjoy your time off too! @pretzellover awesome work! @krystlerr headaches are the worst.
  • Options
    I started doing donkey kicks or fire hydrants instead of planks.   

So, I saw my rheumatologist yesterday . methylprednislone injection and recommended to go back on plaquenil (dmard).  Significant inflammation hands, right shoulder, wrists, elbows ( new ) , ankles, toes, knees, hips, hands.   

If th3 injection doesn't knock it down,then on to oral prednisone.   I'm glad it wasnt all in my heas, but prednisone really messes with my energy, sleep, eating, and muscles.    

Son-10.5
    Son-4
    Daughter-2
    #4- EDD July 14

• Options
    I did two Orange theory classes this week. I feel like I should be doing more, like walking or jogging, but it is all I've had the energy for lately. I feel good during the class but then I'm completely wiped out for a couple days after. I'm also having major issues with insomnia, which is not helping.
  • Options
    I had such a good workout week last week: Mon-Fri 30 min uphill walks and 30 min weights. Friday I set my incline a bit higher and hurt my left knee somehow :/ Could barely walk let alone workout over the weekend. Still feeling pain this morning; might try to ride a stationary bike to see how that feels. DH thinks now that I'm getting a little more 'front heavy' might've put extra strain on my knees. Might need to start alternating walking and biking for my cardio.
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    I'm still feeling pretty good in my classes, but I'm starting to heavily modify either for balance or intensity. Did manage my Saturday workout and went for a walk with the dogs yesterday but had to cut it short because my hip started hurting. Not sure if it's something I did in my Saturday workout or if I stepped funny or what. We live at the top of a big hill, so any walk with the dogs is actually a lot of work. Felt really guilty about cutting their walk short, especially since it was a nice afternoon here.

@rachelsogo I'm with you on the extra strain. My balance is all screwed up because I'm more top heavy these days and I'm starting to feel like one of those Weeble toys.
  • Options
    @noideawhatshesdoing with my knee pain I cut my dog's walks short too. Felt bad but what can you do when ever step hurts?
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    @rachelsogo Felt so bad about the dogs! But they don't seem to hold it against me. I'm thinking I may actually try hit the pool this week instead of my regular cardio to give my joints a break. I hate the pool, but I want to keep moving and hopefully this will let me keep active but let whatever is going on with my hip settle down.

• Options
    @noideawhatshesdoing Swimming is a great idea. I wish I could swim! Our pool is always dominated by swim team practice. 
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN

• Options
    I'm thinking about using the pool at the gym in my third trimester. It's nice and always pretty empty! Going to my weekly prenatal tonight but definitely need to add a walk or something at some point. Lots of work to do today and I'm probably going to be glued to my screen, blah!
  • Options
    UGH motivation is lacking this week! I didn’t end up working out over the weekend while I was gone since we ended up staying out way past my bedtime. And honestly, sometimes the thought of having to shower/wash my hair makes it feel like it’s not worth the trouble. Like I just showered 12 hours ago- my hair still looks great, why mess with it? But of course I regretted it. Knowing how good it is for baby got me back at it today. Only had time for 20 minutes this morning since I slept through my alarm, but since I still managed to squeeze it in before work, it feels like a big accomplishment.

• Options
    @olsenbump 20 minutes when you're not feeling it, is a huge accomplishment! Good job!

My workout last night sucked. My normal instructor wasn't there and the sub was the instructor that makes me crazy for absolutely no reason. She just annoys me, so I started off in a bad mood. And I always feel bad about it because she's really sweet, and can't pinpoint the reason she bugs me. Then she did a lot of the new routines which I don't have the choreography down for yet which really didn't help.

Plus my gym rival showed up :p (we're friends but competitive) and having to do the low impact version of everything made me feel like I wasn't keeping up with her. We've pushed each other for the last two years, so it's been really hard to keep my feet on the ground and do a relevé while she's jumping during a routine. Ahhhhh. Trying to remind myself that I went and still got a good sweat session and that beats sitting on my couch eating the whole box of last year's Thin Mints I discovered in the freezer.
  • Options
    @noideawhatshesdoing lol at the gym rival. We've all had one of those! I also find myself wishing I could do all the moves from before I was pregnant but then I remind myself I will get back there eventually and this is not the time to think about abs! 

I did a long walk yesterday then took a Barre class. I left during the last 10 minutes because they were doing crunches, which I hate regardless. Good burn in my legs, I think I'm going to see if I can make it a Wednesday thing. Thinking of lifting today and possibly doing a long walk tomorrow since I'm not teaching on Saturday this week. 
  • Options
    Whenever I do any sort of delt lift, I can't help it but to make weird faces. I try to fight it and can't. Doesn't matter if it's a light weight/rep, I still do it.