Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Newbie Intro week of 1/22

Image result for hi gif

Please read The Ultimate TTGP Guide pinned at the top of the board (https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12685680/the-ultimate-ttgp-guide-newbies-read-this-first/p1). It's full of information about TTGP and about our community here on TB.

Please introduce yourself and share as much or as little as you are comfortable with. Once you're ready, feel free to jump into any of our daily/weekly threads to start participating in the community.

Ages (you and SO): 

How many months have you been TTC? 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.)

TTC#1 10/2016
TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

Re: Newbie Intro week of 1/22

• Options

Ages: 31 and 33

How many months TTC: 1

WAYDTGKU: Nothing fancy yet, just PNV and cutting back on caffeine.

About me: Hey! DH and I have been married for 10 years and have just recently decided to start trying for our second kiddo. DD is 3.5 and I was pretty active on the Aug’14 BMB back in the day (different SN). They were an amazing support while we went through some tough stuff (DD has a variety of medical things, but is doing great right now), so I wanted to get plugged in here again. I used to do musical theatre professionally, but am a SAHM now. We have two big, dopey dogs and watch way too much television. Looking forward to getting to know y’all.
  • Options
    I guess I am considered new since we are TTC with our second! And I was a part of The Bump Community back in 2016.

Ages (you and SO): 
    I am 29 (30 next month!) and my husband is 30.

How many months have you been TTC? I just had my IUD removed December 27 2017. So this month is the first cycle we have started trying! It took us over a year to get pregnant with our first, so we are expecting a long wait, but I will still have hope that it'll happen more quickly than last time!

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? Basically BD every other day starting from when AF ends. Haha. Tracking ovulation and CM as well. Trying breathing exercises to de-stress since my son is getting to that toddler stage and I am also training a puppy so my daily stress is through the roof.

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) Hi! My husband and I have been together since 2009, married in 2013, we had our first son 2016 and we are TTC for another baby! My husband works as a wine merchandiser, and I am a SAHM. We have 2 cats and 2 fish tanks, and just adopted a beagle mix puppy at Christmas 2017. Some hobbies are, video games, LOTR, Hobbit, Horseback riding, Archery, Scrapbooking, going to the aquarium and zoo, and binge watching shows with the hubby. Can't wait to get to know everyone!

Me: 32 | DH: 33
    Met: 2005 | Started Dating: 2009 | Married: 2013

TTC#1: 06.2014;   BFP: 12.2015; DS Born: August 16, 2016
    TTC#2: 12.2017; BFP: 02.26.2018; CP 03.02.2018
                                BFP: 04.26.2018 DD Born: December 26, 2018
    Surprise Pregnancy #3; BFP: 01.11.2020; Due Date: September 19, 2021

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ages (you and SO):

26/27

BD every other day. 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) Been married to my college sweetheart for a little less than a year. We have a 10 month old rambunctious pup and we’re both total goofballs who’d love to eat our way through every city! 

• Options
    Hi All! I've been on here for a while but have been avoiding discussion boards while we've been waiting for an all-clear on Zika exposure (six months of waiting). 

How many months have you been TTC? 25 months

WAYDTGKU? 
    Tried: tracking (BBT & CM), bd before and after O, exercising, cutting gluten & dairy
    Now: MFI (low count & motility), just started IVF cycle (UIU wouldn't work because of the severity of MFI)

Tell us about yourself: I work in ministry and my DH is a software developer.  We both love music and own a home music studio where I teach piano lessons part-time. DH plays the violin (@lin0442) and is always reading comics or playing video games. We've been together for 5 years and married for 2.5.  We've got the cutest chihuahua who loves to snuggle. 
  • Options
    Welcome @Knottie1449364748! If you could please change your screen name so we can all remember who you are and get to know you, that would be wonderful! It's super easy. Log into the Knot (the Bump's parent site), change your screen name, then log out of both the Knot and the Bump. Then log back into the Bump and voila! your screen name should be changed. 
    @ASabelko Pics of your cute chihuahua please? :) Welcome, and good luck with IVF!
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    Ages (you and SO): I’m 27(almost 28) and my SO is 26

How many months have you been TTC? 3

What are you doing to get knocked up? Juat a lot of sex. I’ve been pregnant 5 times(lots of TW in that) and this is the first time I’ve had a hard time actually getting pregnant. 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) We have been togerher 5 years and have a 2.5 year old girl!  She keeps us so busy!  SO and I work from home, so we are lucky to get to be around to raise our daughter, although she does go to preschool 3xs a week!  We love in a wonderful community in FL and just love our lives here. Also, we have two amazing dogs!  

Ooh and we just bought a house and are doing some remodeling before moving in!  Hopefully it goes smoothly!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    JLaVO888JLaVO888 member
    edited January 2018
    I was looking for this type of thread last week and missed it I guess. Sorry. I made a little post in the tww but will add a little more here so you can get to know me.

ages: me 27 DH 29

months: just one 

what are we doing to get ku: tracking cm and bd lots during predicted fertile week.

about me: *tw??*****DD turns 2 in March (shout out BMB March 16). I’m a 1st grade teacher who loves my job *most* days. I love the outdoors: camping, fly fishing, hicking etc. We have one fur baby, a boxer named Scrappy. I married my HS sweetheart. 

Looking forward to getting to know you all more. 

ETA: Damn I posted in the tww on babies on the brain board and so thought that’s where I was posting tonight. I should know better than to bump past my bedtime. Sorry for that confusion. Didn’t want to DD though so I’ll leave it here. 
  • Options
    @lin0442, I work in healthcare IT, too! Best of luck to you and welcome. 
    JLaVO888, welcome! I love hiking and camping, too. DH wants to learn how to fly fish this summer, but from what I hear it's an expensive hobby, so I'd rather he stick to bass fishing ;)
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Options
    @lmfs90 we have weekly trying to conceive after loss (TTCAL) threads, feel free to jump in if you'd like.  It's a great group of supportive ladies.  
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    @lin0442 What kind of board games and RPG's do you and your husband play? Hubby and are currently into, Magic, Exploding Kittens, Dead of Winter and Star Wars Battlefront. He has been playing Shadow of War too! Also, Violin is SO fun! I played through middle school and high school. I haven't played in years and I know I have lost all knowledge.

@slightlysillysarah Omg, I have always thought being a Librarian would be SO cool! I used to think I would be able to be a Librarian (I have a degree in English Linguistics), but you have to do a LOT more schooling I didn't realize! That's super neat!

• Options
    @Whitmore1027 being a librarian is the best, I love all the different people I get to meet and help! 

• Options
    @kns1988 I think it all depends on how extreme you are going to take the hobby if fly fishing. If you are just going to dabble in it it’s reasonably affordable. I don’t have the waders or anything. Just my pole and flies mainly because I like fishing little streams. It defiantly comes with a learning curve though. My dad had me out in a field at age 8 learning how to cast and I still don’t have it down to an art. But I’m also not supper serious about it either. 
  • Options
    @offtoneverland Here's Pancho! Can't find a better picture, bahaha
  • Options
    @kns1988 This is my first year in the field, although I used to work with the software and machines I now support. It’s a really good gig!

@lmfs90 Good luck with the remodel, hopefully it’s smooth sailing and any surprises are good, cheap, or easy!

@Whitmore1027 We play D&D or Fiasco regularly with a couple friends, we’ve also been enjoying Clank, Carcasonne, and Robo Rally lately- we’re always up to trying out new games. It’s such a good way to keep in touch with people and make time for our friends. 
  • Options
    @slightlysillysarah - welcome! fellow librarian here (corporate). I think there's a few of us around. :) 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    @mrsduddles I am a big HP fan too! Welcome!! :smiley: I also admire you from going from 4 cups of coffee a day to none...I don't think I could ever do that!! Haha. Although I usually only drink 1 cup a day, so I feel happy with that!

@lin0442 Oh cool!! I have always wanted to play D&D. We have friends that play, but we just haven't had the chance to get into it. I'll have to look up some of those games! We are in dire need of finding something new.

• Options
    @Whitmore1027 thanks, I want to say it was easy but it really wasn't and there were a few moments when DH had to go grocery shopping alone so no coffee made it back into the house but I did it! And now I just linger at the door of coffee shops smelling their goodness :sweat_smile: 
  • Options
    @texas_with_a_dollar_sign Howdy! MH is also a helicopter pilot! 
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    penny624penny624 member
    edited January 2018
    **Edit because it ate my post....I forgot it could do that
  • Options
    penny624penny624 member
    edited January 2018
    **Edit because it keeps eating my post above..I forgot it could do that!

Ages (you and SO): I'm 31, and DH is 32.

How many months have you been TTC?  1

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?  BD, PNV, BBT, charting

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.)  We have one kiddo who is 1 year 7 months who right now is the phase where every answer is "no" so that's fun times right now.  We have two dogs that we rescued from the shelter...a German shorthaired pointer mix and a jack Russell mix.  We just moved into a new house that we built so we are in the process of getting everything organized.  What will be the baby's room is currently fill of boxes and all the stuff we don't want to look at/deal with, so I'm sure we will be tackling that in the next few months.

I was a super lurker in the TTGP board when we were trying for #1, and I really enjoyed and learned so much, so I figured I would actually post this time around! 

• Options
    @penny624 I was a mega lurker last time around too. Welcome!
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Options
    @penny624 Welcome! Were you trying to use an emoji from your phone? That may be why your post kept getting cut off. The Bump only accepts its own emojis and will cut off your post if you try to use anything else. Good luck getting everything organized in your new house! 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    Hey y'all!!

Ages (you and SO): 
    I just turned 25 last week and H will be 30 in March

How many months have you been TTC? Technically we are NTNP and I've been off the pill for several months while we've been deciding if we really want to try.

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? Not much at the moment. BD and I'm starting PNVs.

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) H and I have been married 4 years and we just celebrated our daughters first birthday! **TW** we lost our first baby at 5 weeks** then got pregnant a few months later. She's full of energy and gets into everything! We have 2 dogs, Deeks and Kensie. We have been in our house for almost 2 years and are still working on painting and organizing. I just got a new job at a small office and H is a police officer. I love playing music; I play piano, French horn, and sing. I love cooking, decorating my house, gardening, crocheting, crafting, and doing anything fun with my husband and daughter! 

I was active in TTGP while trying for #1 (Aug '15-May '16) and loved my BMB Feb '17 (Febuladies!!) even though DD came in January. I look forward to getting to know even more wonderful ladies here!

Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @texas_with_a_dollar_sign Welcome. We sound similar! Similar timeframe trying, ages, hobbies, etc. Looking forward to getting to know you and hope to see some cute dog/cat cuddling pictures!
    @becbec28 Welcome! I've lived in my house for two years as well and it takes a while to get everything decorated and organized. A house is a forever project is seems!
  • Options
    Ages (you and SO): 
    DH and I are both 30

at the end of our 2nd cycle now, pretty sure I'm benched

sex EOD, OPKs, I'm starting to look into taking my BBT, it seems intimidating

We have one DD age 3, both DH and I work for a grocery chain, he's in management while I'm barely working PT while I'm finishing up my Bachelor's by this June. 

We've been married almost 6 years together for 11. We love traveling, cooking and Netflix

• Options
    Ages (you and SO):  24/24

How many months have you been TTC? 1st actively trying 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? We’re DTD every day of my fertile week. From -3 to 3 also tracking cp/cm

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) I have a daughter who will be 16 months old on the 4th. She’s my rainbow baby. Im a SAHM. I love to sing. I do not have any fur babies but I love animals. 

• Options
    Welcome! Just so everyone can get to know you and be able to tag you, etc., you might want to change your user name. You have to log into TheKnot to change it. Otherwise all the "knottie" screen names run together. Good luck on your journey!
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Options
    Ages (you and SO): 
    We will both be 28 next month

This is cycle 1.

We aren't doing anything special at the moment. Basically just not preventing it anymore. 

I have 2 kids, my daughter just turned 4 last month and my leap day son will be 2 this month. I'm a seamstress (DH stays home with them). I love sewing, video games, traveling, yoga and the gym. Ive got a silly blonde cat who we named after a Canadian prime minister because I also love animals with people names lol

• Options
    Ages (you and SO): Both of us are 29, turning 30 in May/June

How many months have you been TTC? This is the first cycle.

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? Charting, BBT, PNV, and BD every day.

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) Hi! I was a reg on TK under a different SN for a while, and have been lurking here for a few months now. DH and I have been married three months, and we are also highschool sweethearts. We have a 4 year old black lab named Tessie. We enjoy relaxing at home, watching movies, and hanging out with friends. 

Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    edited February 2018
    How long does it take to change the name?