TTC after 35
Options

TTCA 35 WEEKLY CHECKIN : 1/22/18

Re: TTCA 35 WEEKLY CHECKIN : 1/22/18

• Options
    @ndz2018 what a name for your foster!  They look happy!  DD had put the hamster in my hoodie when I was cooking last night.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 Yes, he told us he’s retired now and wants to live his golden years with us, I think we may wind up being foster failures guy... idk we still have a lot to consider but we are so in love with him! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm just anticipating AF starting this weekend so I talked to the nurse at the REs office this morning.  I wasn't aware they were open weekends so even if I do start this weekend I still call them on CD1 so they can call in meds.  Well I'm going to do this clomid thing.  They start out on 100mg for everyone to see how it goes.  She assured me clomid has been around for 50 years and it doesn't cause issues on the embryo and if I was accidentally pg and didnt know it would not harm it.  So that was really reassuring.  She also said if clomid hasnt worked in a couple months that it would be better to pair it with IUI cause the success rate doubles so we might go ahead and do that considering I think they only recommend you take clomid for 6 months.
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 I’m really hoping clomid does the trick for you guys and you don’t even have to move to IUIs
  • Options
    @ndz2018 - me too but I'm prepared to in case we need to.  In my mind there are 4 months until our 2 year mark and that's kinda when I'd want to be done with everything.  So maybe 2 months only clomid and 2 months clomid paired with IUI then we're done.  I was kinda hoping I could do a lower dose of clomid but they start everyone on 100mg.  I'm just afraid of side effects.  Hopefully it doesn't make me BSC.
  • Options
    ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited January 2018
    @vlagrl29 I hope for your husbands sake it doesnt either  :D 
  • Options
    Spotting started tonight so AF will be here either tomorrow or Saturday.
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 fingers crossed I hope this works for you. I can honestly say I'm glad I tried it but also glad it's over. I've really have come to peace with it even if it never happens we will still try naturally but not stressing over it. 

@ndz2018 he told me that he wants to stay with you forever!!!! It's so hard not to foster fail especially when they are with you a while!!! My foster fail Mimi!! She was 20lbs when she was picked up and just bones if they found her a day later she would have been dead. She's now happy healthy and spoiled!!!
  • Options
    @Labluver2 Yes! We love him, and have from the moment he came into our home. I havent Told the foster yet but I have a feeling if they come to us and say “HEY we found him a home” we’ll tell them he already has one  :) he has some issues and is still mending but for the most part he’s a super HAPPY dog and H’s LOVES HIM!  I hate people sometimes and will never understand how they can neglect their animals or abandon them. I could never! Mimi is freakin adorable and lucky to have you. #fosterfailsunite  :D
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 Is this Cd 1? Did you call it in?
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 Yay for CD1!!! Time to get the party started!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Options
    Thanks @labluver2 - Oddly enough I'm actually really excited about this now!  I was updating DH and letting him know how this cycle would be as he literally has zero idea even though he was at the consult with me.  I was all excited with how little sex we would need now - DH was not impressed with my excitement towards that part.  I'm still debating if we should time intercourse or just get the injection.  But I'm assuming we wouldn't start BD until right after the U/S.  I was talking to a neighbor about it yesterday and I told her I just don't have it in me to naturally TTC anymore and we need this part to know we really did try our best.  So I'm hoping something good does happen out of this next step but if not well at least we tried right?

CD1 hasn't started yet.  Still in the pre AF spotting stage.  They told me not to call until the real flow starts.  Lets pray I don't have crazy side effects.  I'll just hopefully keep myself centered.
  • Options
    @labluver2 - total how many medicated cycles did you end up doing?  Your pup is cute and looks very happy.

I told DH last night I decided for once in my life I'm just going to go ahead and trust the doctor and follow the instructions instead of always second guessing them.
  • Options
    Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): IVF stimming 

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD8

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): microdose Lupron protocol, vitamin D, CoQ10, aspirin, dexamethasone, prenatals

Rants/Raves
    : I have no time! Planning to transition to being a remote employee, DD’s new preschool in a new state, planning for movers in two weeks, packing, and doing 4 injections a day. Just a little stressed!!! That’s why I’m late checking in this week.

Questions for the group:

GTKY: When was your first kiss??? It was the summer after 8th grade, I was on a date at Marine World Africa USA with who would become my first boyfriend, and it was when I popped up my head in one of those groundhog tunnels where it’s like a plexiglass done and there he was waiting for me, lol! This story makes me laugh so hard, great question this week!

What are you thankful for this week? Thankful for my network of locals to help me get through all that’s going on all at once! Taking it day by day here but I do feel a sense of calm overall. I know everything will work out.
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 After you start meds, they should monitor you again and tell you the days you need to BD :) If they give you a trigger shot, you'll know around 36 hours later an egg will be released.

AFM: Day 6 stims, they saw 25 follicles in there having a party. Most are between 11 - 13, 2 are around 16, so started Galirelix tonight. Possibly bumping ER up to Tuesday.
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @kristimh80 25 wow! That’s awesome! Question, did you see more follicles come on board after your first four days of stims? The nurse told me this morning we are probably looking at all we are going to have based on the 7 measured today but I was wondering if others might catch up in size.
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 I did one clomid cycle and 6 femera cycles one without injectables but did ovadril and 5 with gonal F and ovidril. Only side effects from the orals was horrible hot flashes. I still BD on the days leading up to IUI up to the night of trigger skipped the next day then as per Dr we also BD night of IUI and the morning after. Are you doing IUI first round or just TI?
  • Options
    vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited January 2018
    @Labluver2 just timed intercourse. I figure I'll go back to opks since my cycle may slightly differ with it.
  • Options
    @kristimh80 Awesome numbers!! How exciting!

@Momifbysea Im really hoping this protocol is exactly what you need!

@vlagrl29 So CD 1 probably tomorrow? Here we go! So when do you begin meds? 
  • Options
    AF came tonight! I will call in the morn and they will tell me when to start. Let's get this party started!!
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 yay for AF I was always excited to start hoping it works for you!!! Tonight starts fertile week for me yippe at least this time I'm getting fertile cm. 

@kristimh80 wow good luck with ER 
  • Options
    @Labluver2 Get that BD on girl!! 

@vlagrl29 I’m excited for you, FX this is the push you guys need! 

• Options
    @Labluver2 Thank you!

@vlagrl29 Yay...finally!!!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    Wishing you the best @vlagrl29!
  • Options
    @ndz2018 Was your office worried about OHSS for you? I saw a different dr this morning and because I responded a lot better than expecting, etc...they are worried about it. This dr is more direct and blunt, so got me a little scared!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @kristimh80 Honestly After my ER they told me I was At risk for it and I think I had a slight case of it. As recover from the ER wasn’t fun for me. I felt Awful for like 2 whole days afterward the 3rd day I finally Started feeling better, but still not 100%. My estrogen was over 6000 and I had 29 eggs removed I wouldn’t be surprised if I did or im
    just a big baby lol. MAKE sure afterwards you have a lot of electrolytes (Gatorade , pedialyte, coconut water) and salty snacks... maybe tortilla chips, pretzels, peanuts, etc. I made H go get me chipotle after my ER. I also Happen to have Percocets at home for something else and wound up take a few of those afterwards Bc my ovaries were aching!!! 
  • Options
    @ndz2018 Thanks for the suggestions!! I'm planning to go today to stock up and everything I think I could possibly want / need next week. Yesterday, they counted 25 follicles, but 2 maybe too by then and there was a 9mm there that was slowly coming into play. I saw a different dr today and he was very blunt, so had me worried! Thursday's estrogen was 1994, not sure about yesterday and today's. They have lowered my meds, so it's helped but not slowed down. I knew my ovaries were being overachievers...just didn't want to get the crap scared into me today! lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    Thanks everyone!  I left a message this morning.  Even if I don't hear back until Monday and get the meds then tues will be day 4.  I just hope it doesn't make my CM hostile cause I have such great EWCM I'm always so proud of lol and I don't want it drying up.  It's kinda nice trying something different even though there is always a chance it may not work either but you never know.  we saw a 2 month old baby last night and DH and I were both talking about how we forget how little they are since we have an almost 7 yo.  I look at DH and say I wonder if it will ever happen again for us and he says it will.  He is always so confident - me not so much.  I sometimes wonder if god only wants us to have 1 kid. 

yeah for the fertile CM @labluver2 - is that due to the supplements you started?  Hopefully that will help you since the swimmers need that to get to their destination.

GL on the retrieval @kristimh80 - OHSS would scare me too!
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 not sure I stopped taking it thinking it messed with my cycle not positive that's what caused me to be late this is also my second cycle of no meds so I'm wondering if that played a part. 

Today a friend of ours announced they are expecting and I'm like are you Fing kidding me. Seams like everyone around me is pregnant makes this so much more difficult. 
  • Options
    Sorry @labluver2 :(  I hear ya!  Luckily none of my close friends are TTC.  I have some cramps coming back again today so that's awesome.

I emailed my naturopath today to let her know I decided to take some time off before we start clomid.  I never did go into quest to get labs redrawn.  In December I was just 1-2 points below normal level in T3 and wbc - everything else in my body is perfect.  I just can't imagine those 2 things  preventing us from getting pg.  And to keep myself sane I'm kinda over seeing a whole bunch of docs and trying to find something wrong with me when not a damn thing is.  Anyways she suggested at some point seeing her for health restoration instead of focusing on conception.  I'll probably need that once I'm done with medicated cycles.  I'd probably have her run everything on me again.  For now though I just can't spend the extra money when we are going to be going with the RE route.  Labs are covered with my naturopath but to see her in her office is $70 each time.
  • Options
    @Labluver2 I’m so sorry! It really effing sucks when you hear yet another friend is KU :( I just found out my cousin is KU and I remember her husband said he didn’t want children at the beginning of their relationship thinking about that pisses me off AAANNNNDDD their both super good lucking and are super successful WHICH for some reason is making me even more angry  :|
  • Options
    @Labluver2 Ugh I'm so sorry you're dealing with this! 

@vlagrl29 I feel your pain! No one ever could figure out what was wrong with me either. Only thing my RE could figure out was I didn't always ovulate on my own and maybe have PCOS ovaries since I have a lot of follicle...just no real signs of PCOS. So frustrating! 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @kristimh80 - I'm always ovulating on my own every month and very regularly.  It's weird but it is what it is.

I think I'm going to buy some more OPKs - haven't done that since Sept.  The digitals are expensive so I'll get some strips.
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 Awesome! I agree...the strips work just as well! I use to use the strips, then when it got closer to the actual time, I'd test with digitals. In my head, it was conformation, and didn't waste a bunch of digitals :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @Labluver2 I’m sorry, that’s hard and I’m going through the same thing. Although for me it got easier once I knew, like it happened already, dunno. The news and even more the anticipation of the news was worse.

@vlagrl29 have you started meds yet or is that tomorrow? Clomid not femara, right? I did two iui’s a year ago with Femara, wow seems like eternity ago!

@kristimh80 do you know when you trigger yet? I’m thinking we will be a day or two apart on ERs. I always get so excited for it!

As for me, estrogen level is rising nicely as they put it. I’m lovingly calling the follicles my “gang of 7.” I figured I wouldn’t get a super high number, after all I AM 43, but hopefully one of these is the one! I had a dream that at my next appointment there were more follicles but realistically this is probably it. All I can hope is that the Lupron added gives them more time to mature more closely together this time. 2/3 done with injections, woohoo!
  • Options
    @momifbysea - yes clomid with an estrogen vaginal insert to support lining.  She told me Femara is better for women that are PCOS or those that are really overweight.  I have not started them yet.  I'll probably get them tomorrow and either start tomorrow night or the next.  I'm CD2 now.  She also told me Femara will cause birth defects if you take it not knowing you are pg and since I'm always worried about my late implantation I don't want to chance it.

GL with your gang of 7 :)  is this the most you've had?  I really hope this works for you!
  • Options
    @Momifbysea Trigger looks like will be tomorrow. I'll know for sure after my appt in the morning. Have high estrogen and a lot of follicles, so I don't think will let me wait another day. I'm excited you'll be so close in time frame with me!!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    MomifbyseaMomifbysea member
    edited January 2018
    @kristimh80 are you excited? Nervous? To be honest, I love retrieval day! Hoping this is the one for us both.

@vlagrl29 it’s not the most Ive had. 3 months ago they retrieved 11 eggs and 7 fertilized but none made it to day 3. So I’m focused more on quality over quantity.
  • Options
    @Momifbysea I'm anxious because I don't know what in the world to expect! lol They were worried yesterday I'm at risk for OHSS, so that had me paranoid all day yesterday! Today is better...it's out of my control at this point. My workout pants are getting tight, so I'm ready to be normal again lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    Picked up my drugs to start tomorrow. Pharmacist asks to make sure I'm not pregnant so that started my crazy loss brain again lol. I'm just trusting my re who said it would not hurt an embryo if I was. I don't want a repeat of the whole HSG experience.