August 2018 Moms

GTYK Tuesday 1/16

2»

Re: GTYK Tuesday 1/16

• @calimom2524 that’s good to know! My cousin has one on hers and she said it wasn’t too bad, but it’s her only one, so she has nothing to compare it to!
    @jsnakehole that’s almost a huge fear of mine!! 

Me: 34 DH: 37
    DS: 5.28.15
    DS#2: EDD 8.31.18

• 2 tattoos. My 1st daughters bday in Roman numerals in my foot and my rebellious tribal lower back tattoo I got at age 18

i have 2 sets of piercings in my ears, my cartilage pierced, and I had (no longer after babies) a belly button piecing for 10 years
    Married: August 2007
    DD1: Oct 2012
    DD2: Sept 2016
    DC3: Due August 2018
  • Loading the player...
  • @vinerie i guess I'm vanilla too!

One set of ear piercings that I used around twice a year. I have trouble wearing jewelry on a day to day because I have these huge thick glasses that take over my face so I always feel like anything additional just looks costume-y on myself. 

And no tattoos. Not that I'm against them in concept!
  • @vinerie @doctormom33 I think I win!  I actually have zero piercings or tattoos.  I wanted to pierce my ears as a kid, but my mom said I had to wait until I was 12.  By the time I was 12, I decided I kind of liked being the only one without pierced ears.  Plus, I developed a fear of getting the earrings ripped out of my ears.

I don't think I'll ever pierce anything, although I think they can look really cool.   I could possibly see getting a tattoo, but nothing has ever called to me.  Maybe someday I'll get something small for my kids.

You know what's even weirder than the above?  I've never dyed my hair, either.  It started out as no big thing that just happened to be true, but now I'm a little proud of it, so I might never do it.  Plus, I'm super lazy, so the idea of maintaining roots sounds overwhelming.  I admit, I'm counting on my parents passing on their genes for very minimally graying hair.
  • ^^^ I’m about to have to start dying mine. Thanks grays! 
  • ^^^ same. I died my hair blonde in my youth, but now it is long and brown with (what i think) are fantastic strands of gold. I love my hair and I love how it feels with no dye in it. But the grays! They are an unstoppable force that I must annihilate. My husband has no sign of grays and his 70-year-old dad is not grey either. Damn my bad hair genes!
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• I think I take the award for most body modifications. And my hair is purple, so there's that.

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @vinerie @doctormom33 I think I win!  I actually have zero piercings or tattoos.  I wanted to pierce my ears as a kid, but my mom said I had to wait until I was 12.  By the time I was 12, I decided I kind of liked being the only one without pierced ears.  Plus, I developed a fear of getting the earrings ripped out of my ears.

I don't think I'll ever pierce anything, although I think they can look really cool.   I could possibly see getting a tattoo, but nothing has ever called to me.  Maybe someday I'll get something small for my kids.

You know what's even weirder than the above?  I've never dyed my hair, either.  It started out as no big thing that just happened to be true, but now I'm a little proud of it, so I might never do it.  Plus, I'm super lazy, so the idea of maintaining roots sounds overwhelming.  I admit, I'm counting on my parents passing on their genes for very minimally graying hair.
    Unless you admit to plastic surgery of some kind or botox, you indeed win the award for least body modifications!
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16