August 2018 Moms
Options

GTYK Tuesday 1/16

Who here has tattoos and/or piercings? What are they and what do they mean to you?

If you don't have any, would you ever consider getting any? What would they be?

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: GTYK Tuesday 1/16

• Options
    Good one! I was just thinking we should do another GTKY.  No tattoos here.  Not opposed to it, just have never really had anything move me enough to put it on my body permanently.  I have my ears pierced, and did a short stint with an eyebrow piercing my senior year in high school/freshman year in college.  I was such a rebel.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I have 3 tattoos and thinking about more.  They were all pre-kids so I'd like to get one that represents them in some way but I don't want to do a handprint/footprint.  Still pondering that.

I have both ears pierced twice, my nose, and used to have my navel and tongue pierced.  Navel and tongue have been out for some time but I recently heard about curated piercing and am intrigued. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @calimom2524 Definitely close in age! I graduated in 2003. 
  • Options
    I’m class of 2003 as well! I have had my septum pierced for over 10 years and want to take it out but can’t get it out, lol. Whatevs, in time. I have two stick n pokes from my drunken SF days in my early 20’s and two intricate tattoos. One is my grandmothers sewing machine (she passed when I was 11 and taught me to sew, I’m a clothing designer now). And one near my collarbone of a Swallow and a Sparrow (my maternal and paternal grandmothers maiden names). Obvs I’m a big fan of both my grandmothers (RIP).

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Oh fun!

I have 3 tattoos - 2 of which have meaning and 1 that doesn't and I got done in a fire station when I was 17 LOL.  That one is just a tribal/flower combo on my lower back - super cliche and if I could see it everyday I would probably get it removed.  My next one is on my right hip. It's a celtic cross with a Scottish Thistle wrapped around it.  My mom and Aunt (who is since passed) both got a thistle at the same time too.  My third is the Celtic motherhood knot that I got after DS was born, on the top of my foot.  I've debated getting another one with our clan motto or crest, especially after my grandfather passed but besides my foot, I prefer places to be hidden and I just can't think of where I would want it.  I don't personally like wrist or shoulder tattoos so I was thinking side rib cage but I don't know.  My DH does not like tattoos hahah

Right now I just have 2 ear piercing and one helix ear piercing.  I had my belly button done in high school but I haven't worn a ring in like 7 years. I immensely regret that given how it now looks and it's never closed up.  I also briefly had a nose stud when I was 19 for about a year or so.

• Options
    Oh fun!

I have 3 tattoos - 2 of which have meaning and 1 that doesn't and I got done in a fire station when I was 17 LOL.  That one is just a tribal/flower combo on my lower back - super cliche and if I could see it everyday I would probably get it removed.  My next one is on my right hip. It's a celtic cross with a Scottish Thistle wrapped around it.  My mom and Aunt (who is since passed) both got a thistle at the same time too.  My third is the Celtic motherhood knot that I got after DS was born, on the top of my foot.  I've debated getting another one with our clan motto or crest, especially after my grandfather passed but besides my foot, I prefer places to be hidden and I just can't think of where I would want it.  I don't personally like wrist or shoulder tattoos so I was thinking side rib cage but I don't know.  My DH does not like tattoos hahah

Right now I just have 2 ear piercing and one helix ear piercing.  I had my belly button done in high school but I haven't worn a ring in like 7 years. I immensely regret that given how it now looks and it's never closed up.  I also briefly had a nose stud when I was 19 for about a year or so.

I also have a tramp stamp and if I could see it every day I'm sure it would have been removed by now. I have one on each hip, one on each foot (the inside heel? I don't even know what that's called), one on my shoulder/collar bone, one on each rib cage, and one on each wrist. I am apparently very symmetrical lol. I do think my ribcages are my favorites for location and what they look like but my shoulder/collar bone definitely mean the most. I think getting the clan motto and/or crest would be hella cool!

• Options
    I feel so vanilla, haha. No tattoos here. I did have my ear cartilage and my belly button pierced in college but now just regular ear piercings. Probably for the best though, there is no way I could have visible tats or piercings at work, and having to worry about covering them would be a pain. 
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• Options
    Four tattoos and several piercings. All in hidden locations, though. Except ears. 

My favorite tattoo is my right side of my chest/abs. Takes up the whole area. Took about 5 1/2 hours. It says my nieces name. TW? My 9 yo niece passed away two years ago from brain cancer and I got the tattoo that weekend. 

Still miss her her like crazy. 
  • Options
    I had a short-lived belly button piercing in my early 20s. I have two tattoos- one of a dandelion that starts right over my hips and goes all the way up my left side, and an outline of a cat with my cat Thor's pawprints (he passed away at only 2) surrounding it. I was going to get another tattoo this year for my birthday of a Dolly Parton quote, but that will have to wait until after baby. 

DH is super excited to get a tattoo of the baby's birthdate once it's born. That will be his tenth tattoo. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• Options
    F47F47 member
    I have 6 tattoos. All but one are very meaningful. 

1. Paul McCartney’s bass is tattooed on my back. 

2. A year after I got the bass tattoo, I met Paul Mcartney (ded) and he autographed under the bass. So, I got his signature tattooed on, naturally. 

3. I have a Strawberry Fields Forever tattoo on my foot. Obviously, a big Beatles fan. But, my grandpa’s nickname was Strawberry and he always got me a book for Christmas. He would sign the inside cover, “Strawberry Fields Forever.” He drew the tattoo for me. 

4. The song lyric, “It’s better to love whether you win or lose or die” is tattooed on the outer part of my forearm. 

5. My inner forearm is an old timey five bulb lamp post just like the one that was in my grandparents’ front yard. I was so close to them. Same grandpa as mentioned above. 

6. Oh, and a dolphin on my lower hip/upper leg area I got for no real reason when I was 18. Actually, I thought I was going to be a marine biologist. That didn’t work out.  :D
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @F47 OMG That is amazing :hushed:

I just have two in each ear, and I hardly use them both anymore....

I’ve always been open to getting a tattoo, there has never been anything I wanted enough. But I’m kind of liking the side boob tattoo trend. Maybe I’ll get one of those eventually.... but maybe not, I’m chicken.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I have a Celtic knot shamrock in the middle of my back, a star swirl thing I drew on the front of my ankle, and a crescent moon and star on the other ankle. As for piercings just regular ear piercings and one cartilage. I rarely wear earrings though. 
  • Options
    I pierced both my ears in middle school, but had to remove them for soccer games and ended up giving up/letting them grow back.

I love henna tattoos (temporary) but would not get a real tattoo- I wouldn’t want to commit to one for life.
  • Options
    I usually say no I don't have tattoos but I got corrected in my Mom group because I have my eyebrows microbladed and I guess that's kinda a tattoo?  So yeah, I have eyebrows! 

I don't like anything, or any part of my body enough to want a tattoo of anything else. 
  • Options
    F47F47 member
    @F47 OMG That is amazing :hushed:

It’s at least amazing how obsessed I am. lol
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I don't have, and would never get tattoos. I don't like the way they look. Almost all of my friends have tattoos, and I'm definitely the odd one out, but I just don't like them. 

I have had a few piercings in the past, belly button, tongue, and nipples, but that was a teenage rebellious phase (2003 seems to be a popular year for that! ) and I wouldn't consider them now. My ears are still pierced, but only because they will never close. I only wear earrings once a year or so. I'm just not that into jewelry, and I certainly don't need to draw any attention to my belly these days. 
    Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have two piercings in each ear. I wanted to get my nose pierced but I've had rhinoplasty and doc says that's a no-no.

I have one tattoo I got when I was 18 of kermit. It's on my hip. It means absolutely nothing, besides that was my nickname in high school and at camp. I want to get 3 more - one of a peacock feather or peacock along my side and back, the date my mother died in roman numerals (probably on my wrist or arm), and the solar plexus chakra (probably on my other side). 
  • Options
    4 tattoos (all easily concealable). Three lobe piercings in each ear and a tragus on one side. Had multiple cartilage piercings, plus daith and rook for a long time, took them out within the last 3 years.
    Me: 28, DH: 40
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • Options
    No tattoos here. 

I used to have lots of ear piercings (maybe like 4 up plus cartilage), had a belly button piercing  from 16-22ish, and a nose ring for like a week. The place messed it up, and the stud kept disappearing in the hole so I took it out. I still think nose piercings are cute and want one...maybe I’ll do it after baby. 
  • Options
    @calimom2524 thanks! Our clan motto is “stand fast” so even the words alone are pretty strong and meaningful. I probably would’ve done it now if I didn’t get pg. 
  • Options
    Only piercings in my ears (nothing exciting, 2 regular holes and a stud I wear on top in the cartilsdhe on the left). 

Ive always loved the idea of an eyebrow ring (so 1997 lol) but it isn’t ‘me.’

no tattoos but im
    faxcinated by them!

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    Have had 8 ear piercings total but only 5 are still open. 
    Have my nose pierced but rarely wear a stud. 
    No tats but not opposed to a small discreet one but I'd never pick one from a book of tats or anything, it'd have to be drawn  by me or maybe my mom and be very personal! 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have two tattoos. Both butterflies, a small one on my lower leg with a hibiscus flower and a large one in between my shoulder blades with lots of ivy and flowers. Not any specific meaning but whenever we see yellow butterflies we think of my mother in law and monarchs are my grandmother. I also have my ears pierced and used to have my tongue pierced.
  • Options
    @jsnakehole my SO has been talking about a footprint tattoo since the day we found out. It would only be his second. His first is a memorial piece in honor of his father. He’s slowly coming into the tattoo world. I love them. 
  • Options
    I have my ears pierced and an extra piercing in my left ear. I have two tattoos, and they aren’t particularly meaningful. my mom gives me a really bad time about them..... lol.
    I have my “name” tattooed in Chinese on my foot and then the Chinese tattoo for “faith” behind my right ear. I would like to get a meaningful one that somehow honors my kiddos, but I would need to think about what that would look like.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think my earlobes are still pierced, though it's been 3 or 4 years since I've worn earrings. 
    I too have a sad, sad former navel piercing scar. it kind of looks like a bunny rabbit from the stretch marks I got with DD... *cough*

One tattoo on my left arm H and I got together for our anniversary. It is a celtic trinity knot with our rings overlaid in the center and our wedding date "engraved" inside the ring bands. 
  • Options
    I have two tattoos. A tramp stamp with a moon and flowers I got when I was 18. Then I got 3 arrows on the inside of my forearm a couple of months back.

piercings used to be my way to rebel. I had my belly button (who didn’t lol!), a tongue piercing and a Monroe. Then of course my ears. But I’ve let all clothes except my ears 
  • Options
    I don’t have any tattoos. Not against them, just have never decided what or where I’d get get one on my body. Three earlobe piercings and a cartilage piercing from college but I never wear them anymore. 
  • Options
    lolog531lolog531 member
    edited January 2018
    I had my belly button pierced from 17-25ish? I still have a mark that is annoying, it will probably never go away! Other than that, just my ears.

One tattoo - Chinese symbol of 'friendship' with a few stars above it and my best friend has the same one. We decided to be rebellious before we left for college. Lucky for us we are still best friends now that we're 34, so no regrets on the tattoo! Although I oftentimes I forget it's there because it's on my back, right side, just above my hip bone.

I always thought I'd get another one, but was never sure of what I would want? The idea of DS's birthday in roman numerals on my wrist has always intrigued me (and now I would include #2 birthday as well), but not sure I would want it showing all the time. I'm also kind of a chicken and heard the wrist hurts!

Me: 34 DH: 37
    DS: 5.28.15
    DS#2: EDD 8.31.18

• Options
    @lolog531 DH wants to do Roman numerals for our baby's birthday. I'm a little hesitant about it, because his friend's baby mama did that for their baby/trap and she got the wrong date!
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• Options
    @lolog531 out of all of the places I have tattoos, I think the wrist was one of the least painful places. Also, I have one on each wrist and people I have worked with for 6 years have said "oh! I didn't know you had any tattoos!" which always makes me laugh because I don't attempt to cover them up. You kind of forget they're there.

• Options
     @jsnakehole omg lol!

I’ve got my ears pierced but only wear earrings if we’re doing something fancy. I got my tongue pierced while I was stationed in Korea in the Army but that’s long since closed up.

TW in spoiler loss of a parent

My 1 and only tattoo is super meaningful. *TW* My Mom passed away about a year and a half ago. The Christmas before she passed I got this necklace set for her, my sister and me. Mom’s was a circle with 2 hearts punched out and the punched-out hearts were for me and my sister. We wore them every day while she was going through chemo and after she passed my sister and I still wore ours. Fast forward to DS teething and he kept trying to chew on my necklace. So my sister and I got matching little heart tattoos, mine is on my clavicle/ shoulder area, hers is on her wrist. 
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    TW:loss of a parent 

@mrsbubbles-2 I Love that! I lost my mom 6 years ago and constantly think about a tattoo to somehow honor her, but she hated tattoos, so it seems silly. I’m so sorry for the loss of your mom. It’s so tough. 
  • Options
    Thank you @amac12999, I’m so sorry for the loss of your mom as well

So the funny thing is that my mom hated tattoos too! My sister and I were literally in the chairs laughing because of all the ways we could have chosen to memorialize her this is what we chose?!? But we had a really fun afternoon getting them together so it worked for us  :)
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have 2 shitty tattoos, one on my hip and one on my ribs. Idk why they are so shitty. Both artists' other work was good. I'm bitter about them and don't like to talk about them really at all. Ugh. Glad no one can see them. The hip I had done in college, and honestly the lily looks good, but then I decided to have "live fast, die pretty" (WTAF WAS I THINKING) put by it; then had that covered up a few years later but the coverup is literally a black ink vine. Like no thought went into it. I have no idea. I swear I am not a dumbass. Just had a lapse of judgement in early college. I would like to have it removed and keep the lily. 

I have my son's birthdate and heartbeat on my rib cage but it just looks bad. Idk. This is stressing me out talking about it LOL. I think it could easily be cleaned up so I may do that. 

Other than that, I have 11 piercings. I don't really wear any of them except my first lobes. The only one that closed is my anti tragus, and that was because it ripped out on a rollercoaster. Pleasant!!! 
  • Options
    Omg @Firemanswife11 I had my tragus pierced and it was ripped out by my boyfriend at the time. He didn't do it on purpose but he was swinging a ball he made out of rock climbing rope and it got stuck to my earring and he didn't know so when he pulled it it just ripped out. I wouldn't wish that pain on anyone! 

Also, I majorly understand the tattoo regret. I love most of mine but some that I got from 18-20 are just effing terrible and I'm also glad I don't have to look at them hardly ever. Someday I may have them covered up or removed, especially my horseshoe tramp stamp. Every guy that's seen it is like "does this mean I'm getting lucky?" UGH. 

• Options
    vinerievinerie member
    edited January 2018
    Got my ears pierced on my 6th birthday. Never pierced or tattooed anything again! 

I actually remember going with my mom, a friend and her mom to Merle Norman in the mall. I got ruby stones (well, fake ones, I'm sure), which are my birthstone, as my earrings and I was SO proud of them. I do remember it being really painful, though, which is probably why I never got anything pierced again. 

As for tattoos, I would never get one -- not for any moral reason, but I am TERRIBLE at making decisions. IT's something I'd actually like to work on, but I have a hard enough time deciding on what to wear in the morning, I can't imagine deciding on something permanent, lol. 

ETA: I wear earrings every day, and love long earrings. I never even had to abandon long earrings with my son. He just learned not to pull them!

ETA #2: After fully reading this thread, I think I might win the award for least body modifications?! I don't usually think of myself as vanilla, but in this case I guess I am, lol

Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• Options
    @vinerie my son also just learned not to pull on my jewelry and hair. I guess we got lucky!
    Me: 28, DH: 40
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • Options
    I have 2 tattoos. A butterfly on my thigh that has no meaning. An ex best friend of mine has a matching one. Thinking about a cover up one day. I have angel wings with a Celtic cross and red rose and the words Cherish every moment on my back. It’s my favorite one. Instead of getting a tattoo for each individual person I have lost I did this for everyone. I got it a couple of months after my ex boyfriend/good friend was killed in a car accident. 

Piercings I used to have my nose, industrial, belly button, cartilage and conch pierced. Now I only have my ears done twice.