June 2018 Moms
Options

A Week for Randoms (1/15)

1235»

Re: A Week for Randoms (1/15)

• Options
    @MoonOverGoldsboro WOO HOO!!!  Happy dance! 
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    becca_123becca_123 member
    edited January 2018
    @MoonOverGoldsboro Yay!!!! So happy for you  :)

edit: forgot tag
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
     I'm just waiting to see if the government is going to be shutdown. This is so stupid. If it does, we won't get paid next week and it's likely that our comissary will close, meaning we'd have to drive 45 minutes to the nearest store. Stupid politicians 
  • Options
    @jsl82I don't think Christmas birthdays are that common anymore because parents and doctors don't want to miss holidays with L&D. My friend's due date was Dec 24th, she even had a Christmas themed baby shower. She flat out said she wasn't waiting pass the 2nd week of Dec to give birth, that by Christmas she wanted to be home with her baby. Another friend was due on Jan 1, and had their baby the week before Christmas for the same reason. They were both induced.

plus one to the insurance issues. I'm so afraid to call bc I don't want to hear I actually owe this money they are billing me.

Our kids will probably have birthdays around the same time (assuming we can plan it that way). DH travels for work all college football season (typically last week in Sept through Dec) so I wouldn't want to give birth during those times bc there's a good chance he'd miss it, as well as miss many of the kid's future birthdays. Neither of us liked the idea of an April birthday just because their are so many already (12 exactly in our families) April is swamped (& my 2nd oldest sister is March 31). The Summer months are going to be the ideal time for us, and given I'd prefer not to be in the heat of summer all of the 3rd tri June is looking better and better.
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • Options
    @May14th2011 That sucks. I was listening to the latest Five Thirty Eight politics podcast, and Nate Silver was talking about how he doesn't really think the government shutting down is a big deal in either direction (ie, won't help dems, won't hurt republicans) and so doesn't care if it happens. And while I agree with him to a certain extent that politically I don't think it will really matter, it still can hurt families. Doesn't it affect social security checks going out, etc., too? 
  • Options
    @MoonOverGoldsboro I do remember and that is so wonderful! One less thing to worry about in the upcoming months! 
  • Options
    Excellent news, @MoonOverGoldsboro!

@May14th2011 I hope it doesn’t shutdown. It’s such bs that politicians only care about wins for their party and not the people they are suppose to be representing. 

DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Last time they passed a special act that paid the military while they were shutdown. I think it's bs that the politicians get paid even while it's shutdown but all the little people have to worry about it. 
    I'm all for government shutdown if they would actually get something done, but they never do. 
  • Options
    My hairdresser was due Jan 5th but her doc suggested inducing her on Dec 29th so her deductible wouldn't reset...I'm all about that logic! 
  • Options
    @krashke @PatientlyWaiting10 @becca_123 @May14th2011 @amys614 Thanks guys!! I got the phone call right before I was about to teach a class, and my students were like, "dang, you're in a good mood."  :D
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Options
    All of the images from my a/s got posted to my online patient account today and I have been looking through them.  I'm tempted to google to see what others look like but then don't want to scare myself when they look different than others.  It's so fascinating to me.  
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Ah man, insurance deductibles are the worst. Mine recently casually informed me that they'd take $800+ payments a month to get it paid off before delivery. I mean, yeah sure, let me just cough up what would essentially be a second mortgage. Currently just planning to fork over our tax returns to pay it off. Blech. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @ffw0617 my DD was born 12/27/16... and the hospital was FULL... 10 babies were born that day (5 were c-sections).  The OB practice I was with at the time had 7 OBs on staff and 1 was always on call at the hospital, so there was no inducing to avoid the holidays for the doctors.  I know different practices have different policies, but my own experience was that the health of my baby was more important than missing Christmas, and my dr would not have induced me unless medically necessary.
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• Options
    I was born 7 week early, my birthday is the day before Valentines Day. Its a hard day to have a birthday as you get older. If my birthday is on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday FORGET IT. The restaurants are all too packed, and no one in a relationship wants to go out to celebrate with you bc they'll be with their SO. I always end up celebrating my birthday the week after if the celebration involves anyone other than my SO. Not to mention my birthday is quickly forgotten when people make plans since most people are planning couple-y things that week/ weekend. I have friends who were born on July 4th and that seems to be a great day to celebrate, everyone is off work/ school, and people are in the gathering celebratory mood. I could only imagine how it would be having a birthday around Christmas.
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • Options
    Baby girl has been basically bouncing on my cervix all day today. I can feel some part of her hit my upper uterus toward my belly button and then very soon after a bump to my cervix. Just back and forth, back and forth. She's been doing this off and on all day long. Like, she's spent at least a collective hour or two doing this since 7am. She's so small, but like, wut -- not super comfy. 
  • Options
    @moonovergoldsboro woohoo!! I can't imagine paying 1k for each. 

me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 What ar eyou feeling when she does this? I've been having weird pressure feelings - almost like I have to go to the bathroom (but don't). 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @LaceyBee522 like someone is punching me in the vagina. I’ve been feeling movement for more than a month now so that’s part of why it’s so strong I guess? But you know when you have sex and YH hits your cervix? I hate that feeling, mine is sensitive, and it feels like that. It feels like a Pap smear. It feels like all those things. The kicks elsewhere feel like a tiny thing inside me is kicking me lol. The flips feel like someone wedged a tennis ball under my skin and are turning it. She’s started doing something this week that feels like a worm or something? I think it might be her hands? That one sort of gives me the heebies. 
  • Options
    Oh also, I finally got the bill for mat21 in November. I’m only 29, but it only cost $50.  So anyone with BCBS of Illinois who is lurking and curious, it’s def covered; believe the hype. 
  • Options
    My symptom complaint is similar to @doxiemoxie212's. It alternates between lightning crotch and vice crotch depending. Right now I'm just sitting on the couch and its just...aching. It's like something between sore and pulled muscles when I move. I remember this from last time but it seems like it happened later in the game. It sparks emotion in me too, almost like it feels mean and so it makes me feel like I want to cry? So weird. I'm guessing it has to do with weight of the uterus and circulation, but I really have no idea. Yeah, that's another analogy though, like when you cut off circulation to your finger and it's aching? That's my poor vag right now. Feels foreboding for the future considering I'm not even quite half way.  :#

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have had increasingly awful stomach pain today. Did UA... normal.  Midwife thinks probably just round ligaments but damn... Tylenol helped for a bit.

I'm going to try a prenatal cradle, which I am borrowing. It's nice I didn't have to fork out a bunch of money for it. Hoping it helps.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @sabby2 - Is it stomach pain, or abdominal/uterine pain?

The stomach pains that I have (legitimately at/around my stomach-area) are usually the result of hard stool passing through my system. If I take a few stool softeners and guzzle more water it helps once the stool actually finishes its journey, but I usually survive off of tylenol until that point.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    @sabby2 I get the worst stomach pain when pregnant. No one can ever figure out what it is, but it only happens when I'm pregnant. 
  • Options
    It was abdominal.  Pretty sure it was rlp. Resting helped. It felt better when I wore the prenatal support belt too.  So, this should be fun starting at 18 weeks, lol!

I feel better today and my entire abdomen isn't rock hard.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I have a friend who used Kinesiology tape later in her 4 pregnancies to help her with growing pains. Maybe something that could help?