April 2018 Moms

Appointments - week of 1/8

Who has an appt this week? Share the deets here! 

Re: Appointments - week of 1/8

• Loading the player...
  • @ngolimento I share the same sentiment in regards to needles.  I'm the biggest baby and 7/10 times I faint because I work myself up.  I'm doing blood this week but SO and I both will need TDAP.  I WISH my OB office did them because it would be a no brainer and i'd need to suck it up, but since they don't it'll be one more thing we need to go do. wah.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Dumbgurl04 I cannot relax!!!! I had to get a biopsy off my back last week and I swear the amount of time she stuck me with the numbing agent was like 10.  I'm the worst patient! (except apparently during labor when i'm a dream and could have cared less)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ekendall09 & @Dumbgurl04 I am phobic of needles, but usually can get myself under control and force myself to be stoic unless it is something that has extremely dire consequences if a complete stranger has an "oopsie!" moment (epidural and amnio are on that list).  To make it worse, I have a genetic propensity to have my veins constrict rapidly with blood loss (my dad has it).  I found out the hard way one time I was getting blood drawn and all the sudden things sounded funny and far away.  I told the nurse "something is wrong", and she freaked out because apparently my lips had turned blue and I had turned grey.

So yeah, I have to ask to lie down to get blood drawn, and I always feel judged about it.  Like the nurse is probably going "oh god, drama llama alert".  I go to great lengths to not let on about my phobia (most nurses have no idea when they vaccinate me), so it stings my pride.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I don’t know if it’s technically an anatomy scan or just an ultrasound, but I have one Thursday, followed by OB. I love that DH is ‘off season’ right now and can come to all the appointments. I’m getting antsy to lock in if we’re doing a C section or not and get it scheduled if we are. I will take glucose test tomorrow since I have avoided it this long.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have my glucose test and a regular midwife appt tomorrow
  • Ultrasound on Wednesday, checking growth due to hypertension but super excited to see her.
  • Add me to the list of needle-phobes. Tomorrow I have my 28 weeks and glucose test. 
  • I didn’t realize there were so many other ladies also at 28 weeks! I have my 28 week/midwife appointment on Thursday. 
    Me: 27 // DH: 30 
    Married 05/21/2011
    TTC Since Feb 2016
    RE: Dec 2016 Dx: PCOS
    5 rounds of Letrozole 5mg + Ovidrel + TI 
    BFP!!!! June 2017 // EDD: 04/01/2018
    IT'S A BOY!

• @kmalls I checked and I’m scheduled with the midwife I ended up loving for most of my appts through 36 weeks! 

Glad your full family appt went well!! And. Yay for a due date!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kmalls - glad the appointment went well and you are on the schedule!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 28 week midwife appointment is on Wednesday. Should be going over our plan for my glucose testing and will be scheduling my third tri blood draw with the lab. 
    DH(27) + Me (27) = 1/14
    Baby #1: Aug. 2016
    Baby #2: April 1st, 2018
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Met the pediatrician today for LO. She was super helpful and sweet and answered a lot of the questions we had about preparing for the baby - simple things like baby gear to use or avoid as we are buying things for her and plans for coordinating care with her heart surgeon. Tomorrow is regular weekly/biweekly MFM f/u. 

Me (33). DH (37). DD (2.2012). MCs x4. After 4 years & 7 months, due 4.2018!

• I have my glucose test tomorrow too. Fingers crossed we all pass and everyone gets through their blood work ok! Guess I should ask about getting my Tdap shot. No one has mentioned it at my Dr but my Aunt called me about it after watching the news. 
  • I had my glucose test last week and found out at my midwife appt yesterday that I failed! Going back for the 3 hour this week sometime. Other than that, my 28 week appt was good - measuring right on schedule, my other 3rd tri BW came back good, and got my TDAP!
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• @hedgepig - GL with the 3 hour!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am not counting my chickens before they hatch, but I am pretty sure I passed my 1 hr glucose test this week! My results are getting posted tomorrow for sure, but no call means you passed. It has been 48 hours so I think I am good.

I did almost pass out 15 minutes after the blood draw. I had my snack and everything and my blood sugar totally crashed. Happens every time I get stuck with a needle. It is so embarrassing. Next visit (in 2 weeks) I get my TB and whooping cough shot. It’ll happen then too. So annoying. 

Other than my body’s hate of needles the appointment went fine. Baby is measuring right on track. 
  • Appt this morning with MFM. Fetal echo looked good. But baby is measuring small so we have to keep an eye on him. 
  • MrsF1017 said:
    Appt this morning with MFM. Fetal echo looked good. But baby is measuring small so we have to keep an eye on him. 
    Glad the echo looks good! The positive is you get to see him more often (I think there is enough variability between techs who are measuring really little bones that it’s hard to say if they are really small or it’s testing variability).
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Appointment yesterday to see both our boys head down and vertical, and healthy at about 2.5 lbs each.  So exciting!!  Appointments are now every 2 weeks.  Glucose test on Monday.  And still have a to do list that is out of control!!!