June 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Ticker Change GIF celebration {1/7}

Re: Weekly Ticker Change GIF celebration {1/7}

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Amphibious22 I thought hot dogs were okay as long as they are cooked hot?
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • Options
    @elsie42 @Amphibious22 I ran into this over the holidays because DH’s fam wanted to do hotdogs and chili for a party. I wasn’t ready to announce and didn’t want to be weird and conspicuously not eat. You just need to nuke em, same with lunch meat. Even if they’re already cooked, stick them in the microwave and cook them again until steaming. I do it with my lunch meat too. I know a lot of people ignore the lunch meat/hot dog rule but I just like the peace of mind. But yes, eat up, steaming is safe. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @elsie42 @Amphibious22 I ran into this over the holidays because DH’s fam wanted to do hotdogs and chili for a party. I wasn’t ready to announce and didn’t want to be weird and conspicuously not eat. You just need to nuke em, same with lunch meat. Even if they’re already cooked, stick them in the microwave and cook them again until steaming. I do it with my lunch meat too. I know a lot of people ignore the lunch meat/hot dog rule but I just like the peace of mind. But yes, eat up, steaming is safe. 
    I thought hotdogs specifically were more related to the nitrates? (says the vegetarian... lol)
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 yes, to both, I guess? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Austenista that's good info! Like @doxiemoxie212 I thought it was less of a listeria thing and more of a nitrates thing. I'll probably avoid anyways since I cheat with so many other foods. Although a pretzel dog from sonic sounds pretty amazing right now. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• Options
    @catlady1215 Your screenshot made me look up the ingredients in Half Baked. I always assume cool ice cream flavors have peanut/tree nuts but it does not! I’m gonna pick some up before I switch to 21w on Monday. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @dinodna3 do you have a treenut allergy?? Solidarity! It's the worst. To be fair I'm just treenuts and can eat peanuts so if you're both, I can't compare to that. Already accidentally ate something with ground walnuts over the holiday season. It was super scary pregnant cause you can't take an epi. Being extra extra careful now. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• Options
    @Amphibious22 I'm tree nut allergy too! I had a reaction over the holidays and it felt so much worse than usual. I was soooo sick.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @dinodna3 you must! its the best icecream out there.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    @dinodna3 @Amphibious22 @LaceyBee522 guys, DH just got his treenut allergy blood test panel results back, and HE MIGHT NOT BE ALLERGIC TO PINE NUTS!! He has to do an eating test before we can confirm. It also looks like he isn't actually allergic to pecans or almonds, but the doctor said that bodies get really confused about walnuts/pecans and hazelnuts/almonds or something so basically he is allergic to those so he's allergic to the others? IDK. Looks like brazil nuts are the absolute worst for him. Anyway, really excited that maybe pine nuts aren't a thing -- PESTO! 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 Ugh, he is so lucky!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Amphibious22 @LaceyBee522
    Tree nut and peanut for me. I also developed an egg allergy after I had DS but this baby seems to have made it better! I still haven’t tried eggs but I can eat mayo based salad dressings again!! 

@doxiemoxie212 That’s awesome on the pine nuts. Pesto smells amazing and I’ve always wanted to try it. I found out recently that I’m not allergic to pistachios. I tried them and was like meh sunflower seed are better and wayyy cheaper. 
  • Options
    @dinodna3 pistachio ICE CREAM is where it's at
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 DH’s favorite is pistachio, I’m a coffee ice cream gal. 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 that's awesome! I'm not allergic to pine nuts either, just the pecan, almond, walnut, hazelnut group. The problem is that if I eat any amount of any of those I need immediate medical attention or I die. It makes life pretty intense sometimes. And agreed, pistachio ice cream is the business. 

Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• Options
    @Amphibious22 yeah, DH has been hospitalized for cashews and walnuts, and once had a rather irresponsible "nurses tent" stay at camp one year due to some pistachios, I think. But apparently they never actually ran any kind of blood test to find out what exactly he's allergic to - they were just like, welp, nada. He actually thought he was allergic to peanuts until we were like 22? But he just said eff it one day and started eating some, and nothing bad happened, and then his mom was like, "Oh, yeah, when you were super little you loved peanut butter sandwiches." So... lol

Hmmm also just realized this is the ticker change gif thread... oops lol
  • Options
    ^^
    *brushes hands off* ...all this clutter...

;)  ;)  JK ladies no worries!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    17 weeks here too! 

Pregnancy Ticker