July 2018 Moms
Options

What My Pregnant Self is Eating 12/29 (day late)

What's the cravings this week, ladies? 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: What My Pregnant Self is Eating 12/29 (day late)

• Options
    Smoothies. And I haven’t been grocery shopping this week, so I’ve just been buying them from any and everywhere. 

Had an AWESOME Açaí Mega Berry with flaxseed yesterday and my mom dropped off a Banana Berry with Greek yogurt today. I’m already trying to figure out how/where to get one tomorrow. 

Lab Mom (x2): Sept/Oct 2014 
    Married: August 2015
    DS: Nov 2016 (36w)
    Baby H #2: July2018 (Team Pink!)

• Options
    Ooh, today I ate all kinds of stuff and only felt slightly nauseated midday and then scarfed down buffalo wings and cheese pizza for dinner! I am so happy that I am going to bed feeling good for once! Earlier today I also enjoyed a breakfast sandwich, a simple salad, lots of yogurt with berries, a couple donuts, decaf coffee with cream, tea, and lots of ice cream. It's the most I have eaten in weeks! 

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @djh513 Your smoothie actually sounds amazing!!
    I’ve been making myself choke down healthy stuff as much as possible - flax cereals, quinoa, lean meats, lots of kale/spinach/broccoli, organic berries, melon, carrots & hummus, and low fat dairy (Greek yogurt & smoothies). 
    I’ve cheated here and there (um, holiday party cookies!) - but the fear of never getting my figure back as an AMA FTM has been a real deterrent to indulging + I keep thinking of all those little brain cells being formed!

Anyone else have some good healthy options to share which they’re enjoying?
  • Options
    I made multigrain sandwich bread for the first time in ages yesterday. Being on vacation from work is the BEST. It is super good. Also, for breakfast I had waffles with cranberries and honey and hash browns. 

All this smoothie talk is getting to me. I'm gonna need one soon.
  • Options
    I wish I could have chick-fil-a all day everyday.   Why does it have to taste so good?

Son-10.5
    Son-4
    Daughter-2
    #4- EDD July 14

• Options
    @DynamiteTrujillo good bread is THE BEST

Son-10.5
    Son-4
    Daughter-2
    #4- EDD July 14

• Options
    I want a Big Mac. Ugh. Yuck. And a strawberry milk shake. We only eat McDonald’s a handful of times a year usually, but this will be my second time this pregnancy.  :s

Currently eating chips (because I suck at life) and if my kid jumps on the bag one more time I’m locking him in his room for the night!!!! Get off my chips yo!
  • Options
    Annnndddd reading this post I now want pizza, a breakfast sandwich, and chick-fil-a!! We’re supposed to have pizza tomorrow, and I might make breakfast sandwiches in the morning. As for chick fil a, the closest one is an hour and a half away  :'(:'(:'(
  • Options
    @paytonpedro, me, too.  However, we are OOT at my sister's.  You better believe I've had a sweet tea three times in three days.

Son-10.5
    Son-4
    Daughter-2
    #4- EDD July 14

• Options
    I'm still on a French fry kick. They are what have been helping keep my ms at bay during the day. Saltines at night. Beans and rice are another go-to. A smoothie sounds extremely good however I can't seem to find one that satisfies that craving. Yogurt is another go-to. 
     Spicy food is now 100% off the table for me until ms goes away. Sucks. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Today I ate a cream cheese muffin for breakfast and for lunch I had Cracker Barrell. I felt guilty for the muffin, so I got all veggie sides at lunch even though I wanted fried apples and Mac and cheese lol. 
  • Options
    @hayhay93 did you get cheese hash browns?   Please say yes.

Son-10.5
    Son-4
    Daughter-2
    #4- EDD July 14

• Options
    @zombiehoohaa the fries and mayo craving is still going strong over here. Only caved in once this week (a few hours ago) but there's still time, lol. @TheQuietThings Chick fil A is so yummy.

I have no MS but still some aversions and cravings. @djh513 I had an acai bowl yesterday and it was delicious.

Now that the leftovers are done I need to get back to normal eating. Specifically eating my greens because I've felt so heavy in the past couple of days from just too much carb-y stuff. I mean, I had donuts again this am...next week will be a different story!
  • Options
    Can’t get enough carbs this week. Wetzels Pretzels have alway been a love of mine and now this week I can’t stop thinking of them. I’ve been super exhausted lately so I think the carb cravings have a lot to do with it.
    Ladies what is a chick fil a? I always see it posted and don’t have it in Canada? I must try it when away
    @kissableviv I had two Cinnabon’s this week tis the season for all of those delicious sweets I just threw out the rest of the box 
  • Options
    Chips and salsa have been everything lately!
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    @4deep Chips and salsa are everything, any time, lo.l I was born and raised in CA, so that's like my "bread and butter."

Honestly, I've been eating so junky lately. Between sicknesses, traveling, and then not being the one cooking (which, I'll admit, was pretty freakin' awesome), it's been such awful eating. Buuuut. I'm finally home and grocery shopped so sooooo muuuuuuch fresh produce, finally! It's such a pretty sight! And soy milk! And tempeh! And tahini! And everything else my husband cannot stand, lol. But raspberries. Ohhhhhh the raspberries. So many raspberries because they are life, lately. 
    Ziggy       <3 07/2018-08/2018 <3
    Micah      <3 10/2015
    #recurrentpregnancylossawareness
  • Options
    @TheQuietThings Yummmm... although, I admit I'm a bit full of indignation toward them right now... THEY GOT RID OF MY FAVORITE CHICKEN SALAD!!!!
    Ziggy       <3 07/2018-08/2018 <3
    Micah      <3 10/2015
    #recurrentpregnancylossawareness
  • Options
    @d_marie_23 that is sad!  I never tried it, but I know many that liked it.

I totally made MH stop last night so I could get sweet tea for today.   We live 60 minutes from one... But we were driving by one.  YOU BETTER BELIEVE IM EXCITED FOR THAT CFA CUP IN MY FRIDGE.   none of my children better touch it.

Son-10.5
    Son-4
    Daughter-2
    #4- EDD July 14

• Options
    I've been craving lasagna for weeks, I think since someone on here said they were making if (maybe @hillbillywife?). My mom made it for me last night and it was so delicious but I got 4 bites and was suddenly uncomfortably full. WTF stomach. 
  • Options
    @amylu914 I’ve been craving lasagna for days too! Tried to send DH to get me a Lean Cuisine lasagna last night (seemed like a good & easy compromise!); no dice.
  • Options
    I'm not at home and MH sent me this snap.  Don't you dare, husband.  Don't you daaaarrrreeeeeee

Son-10.5
    Son-4
    Daughter-2
    #4- EDD July 14

• Options
    @TheQuietThings I didn’t! I’ve never even tried Cracker Barrel until yesterday but my bf’s stepmom got fried apples and they looked amazing. That sounds so good! I got boring veggie sides, turnip greens, green beans, and side salad. 
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    I was gone for a bit and MH sent me this.
     Dont. You. Daaaaarrrreeee.
    Clearly he doesn't remember the leftover Chinese food incident when I was pregnant with #3

Son-10.5
    Son-4
    Daughter-2
    #4- EDD July 14

• Options
    Corn on the cob with mayo and chili powder mmm, still not a match to mexican street corn :(
  • Options
    chick-fil-a is amazing!! Texas girl here and it’s definitely a staple. 
  • Options
    DH and I went out to brunch this morning. I had a breakfast burrito bowl, potatoes, bacon, eggs, pepper jack, jalapenos, salsa and hot sauce. Delicious! We took a long walk and shopped a little downtown after so hopefully I walked some if it off. Dinner tonight is at a seafood place so probably crab or sea bass.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @wildtot we get elote corn like once every 1-2 weeks. Perks of living in NYC. Every kind of food you can imagine. EXCEPT. Japanese salad dressing like from a Japanese Steakhouse. I have tried 3 different restaurants and no where near as good a second my fave Kobe joint in Northern VA. And we were just down there and FORGOT. I wasn't devastated. I want it so bad. 

Duke Winter 10/11/12
    Baby Duex 05/20/15

NYC Momma 

"My stroller is my SUV"
  • Options
    @KellyFM522 there are a few places here that sell something similar but it’s in a cup vs cob, not the same but guess it will do for now.
  • Options
    I'm in Vegas visiting friends...we just went to a buffet and I'm so stuffed and happy!
  • Options
    We had shredded chicken tacos with my homemade jalepeno ranch sauce. It was amazing. Baby is a happy camper.