May 2018 Moms
Options

Nesting Motivation (or Lack there Of)

Re: Nesting Motivation (or Lack there Of)

• Options
    We moved DD2's bed this weekend so we could start thinking of how the test of the furniture will fit. I hate how it looks and now I'm worried 2 kids can't share the room. It doesn't hello that DH doesn't want they bed next to the window. He is worried she'll fall or the window. There are bed rails on her bed. And i just don't think it'll happen if she's jumping on the bed.

I just can't stop worrying about everything having you do with our lives after this baby is born.

I also started folding out clothes Marie Kondo style. I like being able to see what's in the drawer, but i can't make things fit the way she can.

Shall we all try to set a goal for the coming week?
  • Options
    @nanifrog how does she fold her clothes? I feel like our drawers are always a mess. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @babys_2018 I couldn’t find ours. We’ve moved twice since initially putting it together. Glad it worked out!
  • Options
    Ok here's an update for those that were anxiously awaiting an update regarding our crib instructions  :p.... we found them! They were attached to the mattress base piece which we hadn't opened yet. Geeze. We might need a lot of help with this parenting stuff!! Lol  :D
    I was going to say I thought my instructions were in the same box as the mattress frame. Glad you found them!
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Dating since: 11/17/2001
    Married: 9/26/2009
    TTC: June 2016
    BFP: 9/01/2017
    EDD: 5/14/2018

• Options
    @babys_2018 told you they were hard to find! Lol when I was unboxing it I was getting nervous we didn't have instructions too.
  • Options
    @babys_2018 sorry I didn't respond, I have a similar model but mine doesn't have the changer attached. 
  • Options
    heelsideheroheelsidehero member
    edited January 2018
    @babys_2018 wait until you put the pack n play up for the first time even with instructions lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @abhphilly the curtains look great! I don't think I'm folding as well as she does. I think maybe i need to only do 2 files instead of 3 to make them stand?

@mileswithmyles i can't explain the method, but check out the videos. 

@heelsidehero i don't get your comment.
  • Options
    @nanifrog sorry tagged wrong person. Meant Babys_2018
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @heelsidehero omg!  I had to YouTube and call a friend the first time I had to put it together without DH!  

• Options
    @mileswithmyles I laugh now at how it took both of us 45 minutes to put it up the first time when we can do it solo in 2 minutes now
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @heelsidehero me too. I was laughing pretty hard at the time.  I traveled for work when DS was two months old and was so tired when I got home. DS and DH came with me for the trip and so did the Pack N Play. DH had to leave for work right when we got back from the airport and I was so delirious while trying to put it together by myself. 
  • Options
    Now I'm going to have pack and play nightmares haha 
  • Options
    @abhphilly Quick question on your curtains (awesome job, btw!)  We have the thick black out curtains in the playroom, which will be the nursery.  Did you use a regular needle and thread in your machine, or did you get heavier duty stuff?  I'm afraid the material is too thick and will break my needle.....thoughts?

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    abhphillyabhphilly member
    edited January 2018
    @sandbar517 I am far from an expert on sewing, so I might not be the best person to give advice. These are "room darkening" rather than "blackout," and a regular needle and thread worked fine for them. Not sure if blackout would be thicker. The only challenging times were at the edges because the seams made it even thicker, so my presser foot could barely get high enough to go over them, but it still worked out. Good luck!

@nanifrog I don't think I use the officially sanctioned technique. Haha. My main thing is that they all end up the same size rectangle, so it depends on the length of the shirt how many times I fold them. Maternity shirts are folded more times than regular shirts, for example.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    abhphillyabhphilly member
    edited January 2018
    @sandbar517 Oh, one tip: Keep the hem as wide as it is on the original curtains. A lot of hemming tutorials tell you to allow 1-2 inches or something, which works for thin, airy curtains but looks weird on thick ones like these. I ended up doing a 3 inch hem, folded under twice, so I added 6 inches to the overall desired length when I measured (if that makes any sense).
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    +1 for cubes. I got some super cheap old, wire gym baskets from a vintage store.

i did a huge purge today for DS’ toys, clothes, my clothes, our linen closet etc and had 13 bags to donate or sell. Giving several bags to mamas I know in need. Feels great! Had to make room for the boxes we shipped of baby stuff from my moms last week :#
  • Options
    @holli0801 that's awesome! I'm sure they'll appreciate it so much. 
  • Options
    @Poppy0419 looks awesome! Props to your DH for finishing it! And major props to you for getting it started! 
  • Options
    @babys_2018 We are getting the same!  I wonder if their instructions on on their website?
  • Options
    @nhardler the sorelle crib?? The instructions ended up being attached the the bottom of the crib (the spring part that holds the mattress) but we found them online too. Get ready for hours of using an Allen key!
  • Options
    nhardlernhardler member
    edited January 2018
    @babys_2018 OH!  :'(  I really hate using those Allen key thingies!  Maybe it's too many years of buying (and loving) Ikea furniture!  I'll start preparing myself mentally!
  • Options
    @nhardler I. Hate. Painting. That looks like an amazing dresser, though.
  • Options
    @nhardler very pretty! What color are you painting it? I'm in the middle of painting my dresser which will double as a changing table. Much smaller but our nursery space is tight for our twins. Good luck and can't wait to see the finished product! 
  • Options
    cups4 Yeah, never again will I take on this much painting.  Last night, I realized I missed the gaps between the drawers.  My husband said no one will ever notice but it'll drive me crazy so there I am, again, sitting on the floor, painting this giant dresser!  

@doubleblessings1124 It was a light cream color before so I painted it white to match the cribs.  It looks great now!  I'll take a pic and share once we get it all put back together, ha ha!
  • Options
    Lol @ladystinson I'm dreading delivery too 
  • Options
    Looks great!