July 2018 Moms

STM+ Week of 12/27

How far along are you? 

How old are your other kids? 

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now?

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM:

GTKY: If you could have dinner with any dead person, famous or otherwise, who would it be?

Re: STM+ Week of 12/27

• How far along are you? 
    12+2
    Almost 2
    Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now?
    How am I going to do it?? DS is so active and such s handful sometimes, I just don’t know what I’m going to do with another boy!!
    While he’s crazy, he’s also very sweet and everyday he pulls up my shirt and says hi to the baby and kisses (or blows raspberries) on my belly. I can’t wait for the baby to kick so he can feel!
    GTKY: If you could have dinner with any dead person, famous or otherwise, who would it be?

A man I considered my grandfather or my actual grandpa. It would be hard to choose between them. They died within a year of each other and I miss them both every single day. 
  • How far along are you? 
    11+5
    15 months 
    After Christmas, my house is literally exploding with toys/kid stuff. I cannot stand it. How are we ever going to make room for another kid?? Moving is not an option right now. I guess we will have to utilize our upstairs, which I am hesitant about because I hate the steep narrow staircase, but I think we have no choice. 
    My son finally learned to walk last week! I was getting a little concerned when he was approaching 15 months and still not walking, then one day out of nowhere he just did it. I was such a proud momma, it's an amazing feeling and I can't wait to experience that again with # 2. 
    That's a tough one. Probably one of my three deceased grandparents. My mom's father was the most intelligent person I've ever known, and I might pick him so I could soak up some of his wisdom. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @zande2016 yay congrats on the walking! Sometimes i wish LO took longer (he started at 10 months). What an awesome Christmas gift!
  • How far along are you? 
    11+5
    20 months 
    DS has be so whinny lately and not wanting to eat his usual meals. I’m fearing the terrible 2s.
    We finally got a two word phrase from DS!!! He said “what’s that?” We have been concerned about delayed speech even though he passed the evaluation.
    My grandpa (Mom’s dad) he passed away when she was 16 and she talks about him all the time. 
  • How far along are you? 10 weeks 4 days

How old are your other kids? 2 and a half

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now? Just the stress of adjusting to an active toddler + a newborn

GTKY: If you could have dinner with any dead person, famous or otherwise, who would it be? My dad. He actually committed suicide back in 2012. None of us saw it coming and we still don't totally understand why. I don't think I will ever get closure
  • How far along are you? 9w4d

How old are your other kids? 3.5 and almost 2

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now? Our kids had the stomach flu right before Thanksgiving and have had a common cold for going on two weeks now. This morning DS started throwing up mucus so they're home with DH the rest of the week since daycare won't take kids that are throwing up and I have a big deadline this week. I just don't know how we are going to handle cold and flu season with 3 kids next year. 

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: The kids were so fun during Christmas, I can't wait to see them with new baby. 

My Grandpa or Jesus. 

• How far along are you? 9+ 6

How old are your other kids? 2.5 

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now? Potty training is just becoming a nightmare. Like it was good for a bit, we had no accidents, he was using the potty when he was at home, but now he just basically doesn't want to stop playing to go to the bathroom and will go in his pants, or on the floor, or whatever. Yesterday I gave up and put him back in diapers. Today he is back to wanting to use the potty but he's also manipulating me: as I type this I just put him down for an early nap after a hell night of sleep and he's yelling he has to go potty, which I stupidly gave into twice but am now ignoring.

He also isn't sleeping well, I feel like he's not gaining weight/losing it so I'm worried he has a horrible disease, and whatever I thought the terrible two's were before have been replaced by WHATEVER THE EFF IS HAPPENING WITH HIM NOW WHICH IS JUST LOVELY. I hear "no" every other word. Taking a break is what we do most often next to breathing and cleaning bodily fluids off the ground.

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: He's still cute sometimes, in between being hell. Today we were at McDonald's and he said, "I have a poop family in my butt home!" and proceeded to tell the poop he had already pooped, very loudly, that "more poop is coming to join the family." thank god mcd's was empty, lol.

GTKY: If you could have dinner with any dead person, famous or otherwise, who would it be? Probably my mom. So much has happened since she died, including the birth of two children and the death of one, that I would love to catch up with her and ask her questions that I never had the chance to ask. 
  • How far along are you? 13 weeks.  Last week of first tri!!

How old are your other kids? 5

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now? As @zg49 said, I am concerned about how to balance illness!  So far this year, my 5 yo has had strep, a stomach bug, croup, and now some other kind of virus that has him home from school today with vomiting and a fever.  I don't now how we will do it next year with a 5-6 month old and a kindergartner!

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: My son talked all of christmas about how he couldn't wait to teach the baby about this or that (christmas lights, our elf, how to open presents, etc.).  I can't wait to see that.  

My Aunt who died of breast cancer when I was 14 
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • How far along are you? 
    12+6

2.5 next month 

Doing good with potty training for everything but #2. DS has an evaluation with birth to 3 for his speech. As much as I'd like them to say he's perfect, it would be nice to have a reason for his speech issues. 

DS is so sweet with his babies, he still doesn't understand there's a baby in my tummy, but he'll be an adorable big brother. 

My maternal grandmother. She's not dead, but she's got Alzheimer's that's really advancing. I'd love to have dinner with her at my age now but at the state she was in 10-15 years ago. 
  • julesf817julesf817 member
    edited December 2017
    How far along are you? 
    12 weeks today!
    I’m hoping my kid’s behavior improves by the time the baby gets here. I’m struggling with itba lot. He’s starting our city's public Pre-k next week on an IEP because of it and I’m hoping they can help us get it in check.  

new born snuggles. I love the baby stage. 

My Uncle Ed. He died in a car crash at 17 the year before i was born. I’ve always wondered who he would have become.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • ow far along are you? 10 weeks tomorrow 

How old are your other kids? 3 3/4

Her pooping and peeing her pants is slightly better. For her birthday in March we will move her to the big kid room. So we have been starting talking to her about how exciting that will be. 

Still stressing about money. Did make some decisions though. We are not moving but turning the computer/play room just into a playroom and mov g computer desk to basement. DD will move from full time daycare to full time catholic preschool so cost will be about half. 

Not pregnancy related but my husband is a teacher and home on break- I’m off today and tomorrow while DD is at daycare. Nice to just be us and reconnect. 

im not sure. Maybe my grannie or my
    dads mom who I never meet because she died when he was 7. 
  • How far along are you? 13 weeks tomorrow! 

How old are your other kids? He just turned 2!

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now? My son and I are both sick with a terrible cold. I guess my biggest challenge this week has been suffering through a cold without drugs! It’s been a while since I’ve done that! I never had a cold when pregnant with my son. 

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: My DH has been home for the past 7 days after being away for 1.5 months due to work! So it’s so nice to relax a bit now that he has no work. But it’s ending again in 5 days as he goes back. Anyways, in this time he has really pushed my son back out of a picky eating stage. So that’s been great! 

My DH’s father passed away 1.5 years before I met DH. Supposedly he was an amazing man. I wish with all my heart that I could have met him. 
  • Ugh i think DS has hand foot and mouth :disappointed: anyone have experience with this?
  • How far along are you? 
    10+3
    2 years 4 months
    Bedtime has been HELL with my son lately. He has learned to stall, and cries that he has to poop constantly when I try to leave him in his room. Last night I started bedtime WAY earlier and that seemed to help, I hope we are turning over a new leaf with bedtime, because I cannot imagine dealing with his bedtime BS while also caring for a newborn. I will lose my mind! Even when he is being good about going to bed it takes a while, so that will be interesting to juggle with a newborn.
    I really just cannot wait to see DS as a big brother. I am not entirely sure how he will react. He has been pretty sweet to our kitten, so that gives me some hope LOL. 
    Three of my grandparents died before I was born, so I would love to meet any of them. 
  • @wildtot oh yes, we have that experience several times over. DS gets the sores in his butt crack too, its horrible! As far as I know nothing you can really do until the sores open up and go away, which sucks depending on where they are. I'm guessing he's got the sores on his palms and the soles of his feet, little red dots everywhere?
  • Also @limoncat the poop shenanigans are my life right now as well! Everytime DS has to do something he dislikes he has to potty, its like the only time at home he'll ask on his own, lol. Maddening.
  • @SmashJam he has bumps on his thighs and butt. The sores are all over his fingers and a few on his arm. Noticed a few new red dots around his lips. I thought he was teething but I’m starting to think the drooling and putting his hands in his mout could be due to sores inside. Doc said things should be better by Monday hopefully. I call my obgyn to see if there are any precautions i should take being pregnant still waiting on that call back. 
  • Oh man the butt and thighs are the worst @wildtot. I have never contracted it the myriad times DS has had it and we haven't had it in awhile because no daycare anymore. Good luck and I hope its not too uncomfy for him! It sucks all you can do is wait it out!
  • @SmashJam so far those aren’t bugging him and thinking of doing and oatmeal bath to soothe. His hands loom painful tho. Hope it passes quick. He’s going to a new sitter soon with fewer kids so hopefully he won’t get sick as often.
  • @wildtot my son had it a few months ago and it is MISERABLE. Just miserable. He has eczema and it’s targeted all of those areas where he is prone and was SO BAD. I’ll post a picture. His feet were so bad and swollen that he was having a hard time walking. I was giving Benadryl every 4-6 hours to help with the rash part and it helped him relax and sleep. I was also alternating Tylenol and Motrin. Before he got the rash his fever was 103.9. My friends daughter gave it to him but we’re both sahm’s so we have no clue how they got it. If you have any questions I would be happy to answer them!

also, he didn’t actually get any sores inside his mouth just on his face, hands, feet, and legs/butt. It took about a weekish for them to start going away but then he peeled for over a month  which was pretty gross, but kinda cool  
  • wildtotwildtot member
    edited December 2017
    @paytonpedro oh poor baby! Thanks for sharing the pictures! I’ll reach out if anything comes up. Do you know if cortisone helps any with the itching? That’s all i really have right now I am also assuming it’s best to not over moisturize so they dry up? 

edited for words
  • @paytonpedro I will never complain about how bad my son got it ever again! Holy moly mine was nothing compared to this. Poor baby!
  • How far along are you? 12 + ?? I can't keep track.

How old are your other kids? 21 months

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now? We have all been off work/school this week and my patience level is at an all time low. My DD is driving me bonkers!! She's in bed early tonight because she skipped a nap completely. And if I don't figure out a discipline method that works soon, I'm going to lose my mind.

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: Despite her pushing every boundary she can find, I do think she's going to be a great big sister. 

probably my husband's grandfather. He was very important to him but died before we met. 
  • @SmashJam I am so over the poop shenanigans. I hope for both of our sakes this phase ends quickly. It is truly awful. And he's only been potty trained since August so I can never fully trust if he actually has to poop... especially if it's been a while.
  • Uh, not sure where to put this question, but does anyone have insight into a toddler (22 months) who is terrified of going completely upside down? Like, he'll invert himself to look between his legs for fun, loves to be swung around, and enjoys being hung forwards so his head is down and feet are up but he's still at an angle. But as soon as his feet start to go over his head, like in a somersault, he freaks out and flails and cries. He is super rambunctious otherwise, I am pretty sure he doesn't have ASD, and I have no memory of trauma regarding hanging upside down for him. Thoughts? Internet isn't helpful and it isn't worrisome enough for a special call to the pediatrician before his next well-visit.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • @flockofmoosen3 no experience related to upside down but DS (20 months) all of a sudden goes crazy when i try to take his sweater or shirt off unless it’s bath time. He use to not mind and the same thing no trauma i can think of so i think he’s just being a kid. DS us to hate baths until i took him to a swim class. We also did gymnastics and since then he loves to tumble. Are there other kids around him that he could be mimicking this fear?
  • Any STM+ experiencing worse pregnancy symptoms? I swear my round ligament pain has exploded since DS and DD I can't cough or sneeze without that stabbing feeling. Ugh. 

Duke Winter 10/11/12
    Baby Duex 05/20/15

NYC Momma 

"My stroller is my SUV"
  • @wildtot, I will try to remember to ask daycare if other kids have this fear, but in my house we're used to tossing his big sister around upside down, and she does gymnastics, too. When I feel better with MS I plan to do a mommy and me gymnastics class with him and I wonder how he'll do in that...like, will he shut down or will he be able to trust me? Somersaults are hard right now because he throws his head back and flexes his body...kinda the opposite of what he needs to do to roll forward haha

• How far along are you? 12w

How old are your other kids? 10, 4, 2

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now? #3 is being a mean lady and hitting 

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: #2 just turned 4! He's been my favorite lately (lolololol, flame me) and I ought him an extra paw patrol gift

hard question.  I wish I wanted to say something like my grandparents, but I wasn't very close to them.    I would actually be more interested in my great grandmother, whom I've never met

Son-10.5
    Son-4
    Daughter-2
    #4- EDD July 14

• @flockofmoosen3 some kids with sensory processing or sensory integration issues can either love or hate being upside down. Some may crave the input while others hate the sensation and find it overwhelming. I am by no means a doctor or trying to scare you, he could just have a bad memory or be a normal kid thing. If it is sensory, he could just need some OT to work through sensory issues. This alone is no reason at all to think ASD. I would mention to your pediatrician at the next visit and see if he/she thinks an OT eval should be done. You can also refer him for one yourself through early intervention, it's free. (No personal experience with my own child, I just represent kids in special education and by osmosis have learned a lot about these things) 
  • @wildtot I used cortisone, calamine, and his normal eczema lotion (I think Eucerin or Aveno) in cycles. I also did oatmeal baths with EOs. It was so miserable. I’m so glad we’re past that. 
  • @KellyFM522 yes i feel some symptoms worse and sooner than before. Doctor said that’s pretty common unfortunately. 
  • @KellyFM522 yes.   This is our 4th and I feel awful.

Son-10.5
    Son-4
    Daughter-2
    #4- EDD July 14

• How far along are you? 11w

How old are your other kids? 16 months

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now? I’m so sleepy and need to rest so much, I feel like I can’t interact as I’m used to with lo and it’s hard. 

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: lo is so cuddly, walking and adorable. 

GTKY: If you could have dinner with any dead person, famous or otherwise, who would it be? My gma passed away in October I’d love to see her again. 
  • @paytonpedro your poor lo! Glad you’re thru that 
  • @zande2016 thanks for that info. I'm already planning to call my county about doing a speech evaluation, so maybe I'll also mention this. I did read that when they do the first evaluation they look at all aspects of his development, not just the area that I called about. 

• @flockofmoosen3 DS had an evaluation two months ago because we thought he had speech delay or hearing problems. They did evaluate many other things not just what the doc ordered. They check for autism, motor skills, communication (verbal and non) and a bunch of other stuff. I might get him tested again at two yrs to be sure on his speech. But his hearing is fine apparently he just decides to ignore me lol
  • How far along are you?
    11 weeks today 
    4 in February 
    Current challenges/ concerns about being a second time mom? 
    Just not being able to give my daughter enough attention. I’m already exhausted and find myself short with her at times. 
    Current joys/ successes/ happy thoughts about being STM. 
    I still haven’t told dd so I’m excited for her reaction. She’s at the stage where she’s independent and will just love ( for now) the idea of her role as a big sis
    GTKY 
    If I could have dinner with any dead person famous or otherwise it would be my gramps. 
  • @zande2016 when I had dd I was in a small two bedroom condo we literally went through our entire place and cleared it out to make room for all the new stuff. Maybe once you get that nesting feeling you’ll be able to sort it out. Although the stairs are steep just put up a baby gate and keep them contained. 
  • @Jessicajorden yeah I know it's too early for nesting but thankfully I did get some energy/motivation yesterday to do some organizing. Our house is small but not tiny...it's actually 4 bedrooms, we just don't use the upstairs bedrooms. We're  going to turn the big room (it's actually supposed to be the master bedroom) into a playroom/office/guestroom combo, and the smaller into my son's bedroom. Just need to carpet the stairs, as I've fallen down them before - steep, narrow, no handrail. 

@flockofmoosen3 definitely mention it when you call about speech. I'm not sure how EI works in your state, but in my experience the service coordinator will have any areas of concern tested after speaking to you.