July 2018 Moms

Re: Symptoms week of 12/25

• Currently 9 weeks and I’m ridiculously exhausted. My day consisted of laying in bed until 10, eating breakfast and taking a nap. Then waking up around lunch time, eating lunch and taking ANOTHER nap. I’ve also had more nausea over the past few days than I’ve had the whole pregnancy. Eating still helps alleviate it but it seems like I need to be eating constantly to keep it away and my appetite isn’t quite there right now. Hoping this lets up in the next few weeks. 
  • 13 weeks 1 day. RLP, exhaustion, frequent urinating, and lower back pain if I walk around too much. Mainly RLP has really started to be noticeable, if I sit certain ways, it’s worse. 
  • Loading the player...
  • 11+4 and i have been pretty restless the past few nights. I just can’t get comfortable. The left leg sciatica is becoming more frequent. My snoogle arrives Friday i hope it helps!! Also extremely tired. I’ve taken naps the past few days while cuddling DS.
  • Bloated so I feel full all the time.. which hasn't stopped me from eating and getting more bloated.
  • 13 weeks tomorrow. Back pain. And I have been exercising and stretching, too ☹️
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• 12+2 and I’ve been having heartburn. -_- Also, when is this exhaustion going to end. I’ve been taking iron and it’s helping a little but I could just lay in bed all day and sleep the day away!! (Which I obviously can’t do) Back pain is worst than normal and it doesn’t help that I have to lift and carry a 30 pound toddler. 
  • Around 9 weeks my food aversions/nausea disappeared. That was right after 2 days of non stop cramping so I was pretty worried. Then randomly at 11+2, on Christmas Eve, it came back worse than ever. Stuck around just for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, gotta love that timing! Now it's gone again. I have had zero spotting/bleeding so I have no real reason to think anything is wrong, but I haven't been to the doctor or heard the heartbeat since 7 weeks so I am just uneasy. Going for NT scan next week so hoping for reassurance then. Other than that, experiencing exhaustion, extreme thirst, back/hip pain, and mood swings. 
  • 10 weeks 2 days. A bit emotional, exhausted and sleepless, queasiness on and off, appetite only for carbs. I love it when  my DH says, "oh come on! Youre only a couple of months pregnant! How are you going to handle it months from now?" Ugh. HE should try growing a human inside him. Lol

@wildtot sciatica sounds terrible! I hope the snoogle helps!

@ashbub714 I love the sound of a nap day!

@Zande2016 good luck at your scan next week.  
  • @babybakie ugh that's the worst, my husband learned a long time ago to never make comments like that, lol. 
  • @ashbub714 I am 100% with you. 9 months and constantly exhausted. Nausea that is only helped by eating, but not really wanting to eat.
  • I'm 13 weeks today and the exhaustion has ramped up. Maybe it's a holiday hangover but I could barely get out of bed this morning. I'm done taking my progesterone now so hoping I get some energy back.

• Having a mini pity party for my future hairline. I'm already noticing my baby wispy hairs are twice as long- long enough to tuck behind my ears! This would be great if I wasn't going to lose it all 3mo pp :'(
  • wildtotwildtot member
    edited December 2017
    @acunamatada wait till you start balding postpartum. I’d rather have pregnancy hair. 

Edited to say say oops read your post wrong. PP sucks. 
  • @wildtot I literally had bald spots at my temples after DS! And it never quite grew in the same again. 
  • amylu914 said:
    I'm 13 weeks today and the exhaustion has ramped up. Maybe it's a holiday hangover but I could barely get out of bed this morning. I'm done taking my progesterone now so hoping I get some energy back.

THIS!  I have gotten rid of most of the nausea and food aversions, but I could sleep anytime, anywhere.  Also, been having some random dizzy spells that are pretty wicked.  I talked to my dr about it yesterday and she didn't seem too concerned since my blood pressure is ok.  They are crazy though.  
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • @acunamatada @wildtot WHAT?? Hair loss? Bald spots? Ugh! Ive learn more on these boards from all you guys than anywhere. I remember reading one of you guys mentioning "lightening crotch" lol, which i had to look up! my goodness...  Good thing I want this little munchkin more than anything in the world! They really put our bodies through the ringer!   :D
  • I feel like nothing I drink is refreshing, except for pop. So I’m guessing it’s the carbonation? I’ve tried ice water (which is normally all I drink), lemonade, OJ, apple juice and milk with a vanilla Carnation instant breakfast packet mixed in (I can’t do just milk). I can drink all of those things... but they don’t taste great/ leave me still feeling thirsty.

So I’m just downing water and hoping this passes soon (it’s been about a week of this). 

Lab Mom (x2): Sept/Oct 2014 
    Married: August 2015
    DS: Nov 2016 (36w)
    Baby H #2: July2018 (Team Pink!)

• @stlmegs we are symptom twins right now. I forgot to mention the dizzy spells. I've had to sit down and collect myself multiple times over the last week. My Dr is also not concerned, but I'm checking my BP a few times a week on my own to be safe. 
  • @babybakie I already had thin hair to begin with so it was really amplified for me- but not everyone gets it, you might get lucky! But if you find yourself clearing hamster sized balls of hair out of the drain after EVERY shower around 3mo pp, know you're (probably) not dying lol. 
  • 13 weeks - the exhaustion has finally eased up but was quickly replaced with headaches. Also, I've had some significant weight gain this week (perhaps it was the holiday cookies though.....)
  • @djh513 have you tried seltzer? Sometimes if I'm craving carbonation, flavored seltzer with a splash of juice is really refreshing. 
  • I second @zande2016, seltzer is my jam if I need some refreshing cold bubbles.
  • edited December 2017
    @djh513 I LOVE San Pellegrino sparkling mineral water. I don't drink soda, and I swear this stuff quenches any kind of carbonation thirsts I have. You can get them flavored (I think those ones are also sweetened), but I like regular sparkling mineral water really cold with lemon squeezed into it. SO GOOD. Oh and also, you gotta use a straw. :smile:
  • amylu914 said:
    @stlmegs we are symptom twins right now. I forgot to mention the dizzy spells. I've had to sit down and collect myself multiple times over the last week. My Dr is also not concerned, but I'm checking my BP a few times a week on my own to be safe. 
    She suggested that I do this and that I invest in an at home blood pressure cuff. Do you have a good one that you can reccommend?
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • @DynamiteTrujillo @djh513 @zande2016 @SmashJam I love carbonated water! DH is sooooooooo happy that my boss bought us a soda stream for our wedding since he doesn't have to spend $$on LaCroix anymore!
  • @djh513 are you avoiding soda for the caffeine? There are options for you without caffeine! I like sprite, grapette, and I believe MUG Rootbeer is caffeine free. There's others if you want me to look them up for you
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @djh513 I don’t drink Soda except for when I’m pregnant- which is just crazy! But I crave it. Last pregnancy it was Dr. pepper and this pregnancy is sprite.
  • Nausea comes and goes now with no rhythm or reason. And then cramping on and off. I had to stop walking to the cafeteria at work the other day because the cramping was pretty intense.
  • Got super sick last night, after three days of feeling pretty good. I hate that I'm 13 weeks and not over it. And right on schedule having sex dreams and eyeing my husband like he's a piece of meat. My uterus feels HIGH and round. I totally feel it behind my belly button, and it feels so much bigger than two days ago. As a result, my back strain is starting to kick in. Does anything need know what those back support bands for pregnant women are called?
  • 10 weeks and the nausea continues! Threw up Christmas dinner the other night- ugh. I used to only feel sick early morning but now it’s nighttime too. Other fun things include huge under the skin chin zits, heartburn and more aversions that I’ve had before. Please get me into the 2nd tri!
  • @stlmegs I have this one:
    https://www.amazon.com/Omron-BP742N-Pressure-Monitor-Standard/dp/B00KPQB2NS/ref=sr_1_4_s_it?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1514410989&sr=1-4&keywords=blood+pressure+monitor

My coworker has one that goes on your wrist and I have tried it a few times but the readings have been all over the place, so I would avoid those.
  • 11 weeks 6 days

I'm not necessarily craving soda,but i basically want anything but water. I have metal mouth and constant dry mouth and water just doesn't help. 

My nausea is improving, but far from over. I still nurse my 2 year old and that is still super painful. 

*TW* Im also having really high anxiety. Yesterday I started spotting just a tad. No red or pink,just a little tiny bit of brown when I wipe. I called the doctor and they aren't concerned at all and didn't think I need to come in because I have an appointment on Friday anyway. No cramping or back pain. But I had zero spotting with my daughter a and m/c in May that started with brown spotting so I'm pretty worked up. It's definitely not the same type of spotting, much much lighter,but it still has me spooked. 
  • @christycalifornia I had my NT scan yesterday and was surprised with how high up on my belly the tech was putting the wand to see baby. I was feeling like my ute was already around my belly button but thought it was all in my head. I am also feeling a ton of back strain already and considering a belt. All the belts I saw on Amazon seem so bulky though. 
  • 12 weeks and feeling pretty good! Dizziness from last week is gone,
    unless I do a bad job hydrating. Pure exhaustion where I needed 200 naps a day is gone. Fairly symptomless. 
  • Thanks for the drink recos, everyone! I’ll give it a try. 

@gspmom21 Yea, primarily the caffeine. I’ve been killing Barq’s rootbeer lately. LOL ugh 

Lab Mom (x2): Sept/Oct 2014 
    Married: August 2015
    DS: Nov 2016 (36w)
    Baby H #2: July2018 (Team Pink!)

• I'm 11 weeks and have thrown up so much, and so hard, my throat is killing me right now. I'm HOPING this MS doesn't last as long as it did with my son (ended at 17 weeks) because I'm miserable. Gonna take some unisom and hope to sleep off the rest of the nausea.... Or not. Gotta run back to the toilet.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • @amylu914 that's my fear. My friend had one with her twins and it was completely viable under her clothes. She didn't have a choice though, and I fear I may not either even though I have a singleton. Last pregnancy pulled my lower 5 vertibrae out of alignment, and I don't want that to get worse. 
  • Pimples are coming in full force now :disappointed:
  • Besides @christycalifornia and her sex dreams (you go get ‘em girl!) - is anyone else still having weird hormone dreams at night? 
    Every. Single. Night I have the strangest dreams. Often several of them... sadly never involving sex!
  • @pretzellover I am actually surprised I haven't gotten many this time around. I had them a lot with DS especially sex dreams but sadly I was on pelvic rest back then. Maybe I just don't sleep enough or deep enough to get this often this time around. The ones I have had were more like nightmares.