Re: Weekday Randoms 12/18

• Options
    @smashjam also makes sense!
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I hate that I  can't keep up with these longer threads.

Son-10.5
    Son-4
    Daughter-2
    #4- EDD July 14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @christycalifornia good luck! You got the base done that's half the battle!
  • Options
    @sm05-2 I had quite a bit of palpitations and tachycardia with #3. Did a couple of ekgs and all was normal.

Son-10.5
    Son-4
    Daughter-2
    #4- EDD July 14

• Options
    @wildtot we got a dusting last night too! It's so scary at first! do you have all weather tires and 4wheel/awd? If not you really need to upgrade. It made 50,000,000 times a difference driving in the snow. And you don't want to mess around with ice. 
  • Options
    Wish i was feeling more confident about labor decisions today after talking with my OB but I feel more anxious :/ she said we will talk a lot more in depth about it at 20 weeks 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 why are you talking labor decisions already? Sorry you're feeling anxious. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @runsomewhere mainly because my first was traumatic and it is important to me to fully understand risks and options

• Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 got it, sorry to hear your first experience was bad. My labor/birth with DD was almost everything I didn't want and while it was totally fine and actually not bad I hope it's different this time. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @runsomewhere thanks! I just still have a lot of guilt about feeling I missed her birth and in someways will never get those first moments back. So I want to be as prevantitive as possible to avoid an emergency c section where Im fully knocked out :) I know it may be rare but having a plan early will provide me some comfort 

• Options
    @christycalifornia just front wheel drive but need new tires for sure. Dh usually drives and in his 4wheel which i feel more safe in for snow but we are working in different offices right now. Starting the new year we’ll be back to the same office most days. But yeah need better tires!
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    @wildtot girl, you do!!! DH's car is in the shop and he had to take mine to a meeting and got in a teeny accident even with good tires and AWD! He was so embarrassed but I'm just glad it wasn't worse! We only need it a few times a year, but when we do it's necessary!

ETA: last year I had my old car from California. After the first snow we traded it in. It made SUCH a difference, so I've been there.  
  • Options
    Thanks, @TheQuietThings! I had a longer ekg with my pcp that was fine, but she referred me to a cardiologist just in case. So I saw her today, and she thinks everything is ok, but out of caution I’ll wear a halter monitor next week for 24 hours so they can get a more complete reading.
  • Options
    Super cute @acunamatada. We couldn't even get DS near Santa this year. He loves all things Santa except for the real thing. 
  • Options
    Look at those big eyes! He's adorable @acunamatada
  • Options
    @acunamatada adorable!!

• Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 Traumatic deliveries are the worst. I'm sorry you had one. My OB is already going there with me, too. Second times is easier. Second time is easier. Second time is easier. Or so people say and I am happy to ignorantly believe ;) 

@acunamatada Awww. Cutie! 

@wildtot Congrats! That first time is definitely unnerving. Tap those breaks, lol. 

P.S. 
    I both love and hate mommy senses. I mean, it's great we can randomly hear our kid cough from 3 rooms away in the middle of the night... but it sucks when your husband is watching anime in the other room and the super quiet volume shoots you awake because it vaguely sounds like your kid is up and playing with his toys... 
    Cheers to a 3 AM start of the day! On to cinnamon toast, vanilla Chai, and Pride and Prejudice  (BBC. Obviously.) 
    Ziggy       <3 07/2018-08/2018 <3
    Micah      <3 10/2015
    #recurrentpregnancylossawareness
  • Options
    @d_marie_23 so sorry for your early start! I also have an early start because DS woke up and was babbling so it woke me up, but then he went back to sleep. Then I had to pee, then the dogs heard me so they started making noise...good times, lol. BUT at least my son went back to sleep.
  • Options
    I had the opportunity to sleep in an extra hour today and hear I am, awake. I’m taking DS to his last day of daycare for 2017 and getting ALL the things done today. 

Going to Target to pick up some last minute things, then coming home to wrap ALL the presents (I know, procrastinator), bake three types of cookies, and get through this mountain of laundry. Our weekly cleaning lady will also be here today.

AND I think I’ll shave my legs today... it’s been at least 3 weeks.  

Lab Mom (x2): Sept/Oct 2014 
    Married: August 2015
    DS: Nov 2016 (36w)
    Baby H #2: July2018 (Team Pink!)

• Options
    @SmashJam Oh no! I'm sorry :( Awesome that the little one went back down. That peace and quiet is EVERYTHING. 

@djh513 I honestly feel like the leg shaving is the most ambitious out of all that, lol. I'll be attacking my mountain of laundry today, too. Traveling tomorrow so I need to ACTUALLY get everything done today, gross. That includes making flannel blankets for friends' Christmas gifts (talk about procrastination, lol).
    Ziggy       <3 07/2018-08/2018 <3
    Micah      <3 10/2015
    #recurrentpregnancylossawareness
  • Options
    @d_marie_23 Haha, you are probably right with the leg shaving thing. It’s going to be quite an undertaking. Well, I wish you a productive day to make things less stressful for your travels!

Lab Mom (x2): Sept/Oct 2014 
    Married: August 2015
    DS: Nov 2016 (36w)
    Baby H #2: July2018 (Team Pink!)

• Options
    My boobs have officially outgrown my bras  :'(. Time to suck it up and go shopping
  • Options
    @nimmle Mine, too. On my list of first items to buy in the new year. Mine were already quite large so I am not thrilled...and a little worried about how much bigger they will get!
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 I’m not sure this helps at all but my labour was fairly normal apart from being induced, and I don’t remember my first moments with my son either. I remember I was filled with dread and regrets and it’s like I blanked out for a few weeks. I’m just saying, you can follow your birth plan to a tee and there’s still going to be unexpected things. Keep talking to your OB about it and maybe even I suggest seeing a therapist! I plan on starting up therapy again as soon as our insurance starts covering it (February) and continue it through out postpartum! I was too afraid to tell my DH how I felt because I talked him into having kids. It’s good to have someone to talk to that won’t judge you or freak out at you for having feelings! 
  • Options
    thanks @celainev. Im fine with unexpected as I don't really believe in birth plans. I just want to be awake for the birth how that happens I don't really care as long as it happens. I am definitely keeping therapy open as an option as I continue to be monitored and monitor myself for deepening anxiety and depression further than what I can manage :)

• Options
    @nimmle mine seem a bit filled in too which didn’t happen till later with DS. My boobs were almost nonexistent and deflated after DS so it’s nice to have some filling lol.