February 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Symptoms | 12.11

1235»

Re: Weekly Symptoms | 12.11

• Options
    +1 for the 3 am insomnia @Chawk17 and @gingermama26 Tonight was the first night I slept from 10-7 (minus 2 pee runs in the middle of the night) but it feels glorious. Why can’t I do this on a Work night?!
  • Options
    lucylou214lucylou214 member
    edited December 2017
    Chawk17 said:
    I've got the 2-3 am insomnia going on.
    Either A- it's because I'm too congested and uncomfortable laying down with this cold.
    B- asleep by 8:30 so I'm rested?
    Currently listening dh snore and getting kicked in stomach by Pete- youngest fur baby.  
    (@chawk17) +1 for 2-3am insomnia (well, today, it was 4-5, but still).  I'm definitely up every night for about an hour.

@SarahFoley725, I know it's late in the game, but a pregnancy pillow made a big difference for me.  I was a hardcore committed stomach sleeper, which I obviously had to give up, and the snoogle really helped me to adjust to a new position on my side. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Anyone else getting nauseated by the baby kicking/rolling/ rocking?
    After meals (even small meals) the baby starts going wild and it's causing me to vomit some times!!
    is this just me?
  • Options
    @SarahFoley725, my physical therapist suggested with a pillow wedged under your belly. It helps me a lot. She said that while you are sleeping on your side, your ab and back muscles become engaged all night trying to support the belly and leads to soreness. I just use a regular pillow. 
  • Options
    wal2017 said:
    Anyone else getting nauseated by the baby kicking/rolling/ rocking?
    After meals (even small meals) the baby starts going wild and it's causing me to vomit some times!!
    is this just me?
    Me too. But haven’t vomited yet. I get a lot of reflux after I eat a large meal. So I’ve opted to eat smaller meals throughout the day, and that helps a bit. But yes, when LO rolls around a lot, it feels funky and I do feel some nausea. 
  • Options
    ash0625 said:
    psm2462 said:
    @lainikins glad you're having relief! I've also been in PT for SPD and both the belt they gave me and the physical therapy have made a huge difference.  I second your recommendation to see a physical therapist for ongoing pelvic pain.  This is a new kind of crotch pain that's not felt in my pelvis... more like my actual vagina is sore.  I'm assuming just from all the extra bloodflow happening.
    I've got this too, but only on my left side. WTF?!
    Yeah, this is my problem. Like, its tender to the touch, but not necessarily pelvic soreness. 

ALso @smorzandoj - best thing I did formyself in that department was get those wet wipes that charmin makes. 
    Thx. I actually got the contenelle ones in a sample box from amazon and pulled them out last night. Might have to use my sample credit to buy more. 
    ash0625 said:
    psm2462 said:
    @lainikins glad you're having relief! I've also been in PT for SPD and both the belt they gave me and the physical therapy have made a huge difference.  I second your recommendation to see a physical therapist for ongoing pelvic pain.  This is a new kind of crotch pain that's not felt in my pelvis... more like my actual vagina is sore.  I'm assuming just from all the extra bloodflow happening.
    I've got this too, but only on my left side. WTF?!
    Yeah, this is my problem. Like, its tender to the touch, but not necessarily pelvic soreness. 

ALso @smorzandoj - best thing I did formyself in that department was get those wet wipes that charmin makes. 
    Thx. I actually got the contenelle ones in a sample box from amazon and pulled them out last night. Might have to use my sample credit to buy more. 
     ladies don't put those wet wipes down the toilet! They are notorious for causing plumbing issues even years down the road.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Options
    @SarahFoley725 I keep waking up on my back in spite of a pregnancy pillow and diligently falling asleep on my side. Now it's getting to where I'm short of breath when I wake up so I panic that I'm hurting the baby. I immediately either switch sides or sleep sitting up but I find it ironic that the only true comfy position where I could sleep all night without pain is the one position that's dangerous to sleep in.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    New one...restless leg syndrome. I'm seriously feeling like I'm going to go insane.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    @rainafire77 I also have restless legs!! They are ridiculous! I just lay there and try to force myself not to move and it's impossible!
  • Options
    @rainafire77 and @kbrinks2 , I find that stretching my legs really helps with this.  You may have tried it, but just in case, I thought I'd share.  You can even do it while laying in bed. 
  • Options
    Re: sleeping pointers I've tried all of those things, it's the SPD that causes me problems unfortunately. Our new mattress came yesterday and it's memory foam and SO much more comfortable for me. 

@rainafire77 I am so sorry. I had restless legs with DD and it was awful. I also felt like I was going crazy. It's so freaking frustrating to deal with. I tried stretching, massaging, warm baths and nothing helped me. I hope you get some relief. 
  • Options
    Hormonal Christmas Eve breakdown anyone? Just me? 
  • Options
    Had a break down last night in fear of seeing ILs tomorrow. 
  • Options
    @lucylou214 I will have to try stretching! And @SarahFoley725 I actually thought I was going to go crazy last night!! My legs just would not settle! I'm not sure I slept more than 3 hours!
  • Options
    I don’t know if it was a hormonal meltdown or DH being a total ass, but there were tears in my house last night....I’m voting for DH being an ass. 
  • Options
    @BrittaniLC same at our house. And I just had my eye lashes done which made me even more crazy. 
  • Options
    I don’t know if it was a hormonal meltdown or DH being a total ass, but there were tears in my house last night....I’m voting for DH being an ass. 
    This here too. 
  • Options
    I ended up contacting so bad Christmas eve I had to go into l&d at like 10:45 . Dh said he thought it was because i was stressing to much over Christmas.  Turns out i was dehydrated and doing to much and not resting enough. After 2 cervex checks, a bag and a half of iv fluids,  and 4 huge cups of ice water,  and laying on my left side for hours i was discharged at 2am.  With instructions to drink copious amounts of water and test on my left side until my appointment Wednesday.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I ended up contacting so bad Christmas eve I had to go into l&d at like 10:45 . Dh said he thought it was because i was stressing to much over Christmas.  Turns out i was dehydrated and doing to much and not resting enough. After 2 cervex checks, a bag and a half of iv fluids,  and 4 huge cups of ice water,  and laying on my left side for hours i was discharged at 2am.  With instructions to drink copious amounts of water and test on my left side until my appointment Wednesday.  
    Oh no! Hope today is full of rest for you!
  • Options
    I hope things settle down for you! Such a rough way to spend Christmas Eve!
  • Options
    @mamaof5already , take care of yourself! It's hard (I'm on bedrest after a sort of similar event last Monday), and I'm sure it's even harder with kids, but hoping things go well for you on Wednesday. 
  • Options
    @mamaof5already try to take it easy and make your mom do some work since she’s there invading anyway!
  • Options
    Hope you get some rest @mamaof5already!!
  • Options
    @mamaof5already get some rest and stay hydrated!! (Easier said than done! I know!)
  • Options
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I spent most of yesterday on the sofa,  my oldest son knew what was up, we texted him from l&d in case of emergency at home and we told my in-laws when they came over and the older kids after stockings,  but my mom is more work when she tries to help. She was told after noon when she kept complaining why dh was so tired and i wasn't doing all the things.

She actually asked again on the 24th if we were sure the baby couldn't come over Christmas, so i kinda blame her for this (although i know that sounds crazy). I will find out tomorrow what this means for the rest of the pregnancy. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I spent most of yesterday on the sofa,  my oldest son knew what was up, we texted him from l&d in case of emergency at home and we told my in-laws when they came over and the older kids after stockings,  but my mom is more work when she tries to help. She was told after noon when she kept complaining why dh was so tired and i wasn't doing all the things.

She actually asked again on the 24th if we were sure the baby couldn't come over Christmas, so i kinda blame her for this (although i know that sounds crazy). I will find out tomorrow what this means for the rest of the pregnancy. 
    Keep us updated. Thinking of you and LO.