February 2018 Moms

Weekly Symptoms | 12.11

Not sure who normally starts this, but we seem to be missing a lot of our weekly threads.  How's everyone feeling this week with 3rd trimester symptoms?

And for all the 'weekend chatter' moms:

Re: Weekly Symptoms | 12.11

• I am tired (and cranky because the tired is from other people waking me up, not pregnancy related.) 

Colostrum started coming in, but not leaking yet... unlike my bladder, which is very minimal, but gross nonetheless. I've been doing kegels, so maybe I'm just stuck with this for the next 10 weeks?
  • I'm having plenty of hip and pelvis pain lately. My belly also feels so heavy and sore; I'm thinking it might be time for a support belt or something. And of course, I can't leave out the daily visit of heartburn.
  • Loading the player...
  • keshupe29keshupe29 member
    edited December 2017
    +1 for the gross leaking bladder. Bleh. 

Tired. Achy lower belly. I wouldn’t say cramps. But achy. Anyone else? I know cramps can be bad. So I use that word lightly. I have developed quite the pillow fort for sleeping. Idk how poor hubby has any room. 

ALso have had this weird pain. Above my butt cheek/low back. When i stand and take a few steps. Usually goes away after 5-10 steps. But it’s get getting worse. Makes me limp like I’m 90. Need to ask at my next appt. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Back pain sucks and I just want to sleep again. My left boob is leaking but just enough to be annoying.  Not enough for a nursing pad.
  • I feel like I just got bombarded with symptoms this week! 
    So tired, my belly is so heavy, sharp pains on the right lower side of my belly, heartburn, crazy pelvis pain (especially when I first wake up) and did I mention exhausted!
  • 3plus1equals43plus1equals4 member
    edited December 2017
    @keshupe29 I have that same above butt cheek/low back pain. Mine gets worse when I've been sitting in a chair or on the floor. Recliner or laying seems to be fine and I also have a yoga ball that is fine to sit on, too.

Eta: mine is left hip and is fine when stanfing, but hurts to walk when my weight shifts to that side.
  • My ribs and the muscles right under them hurt. I am also pretty short of breath. I hate being so short waisted. I feel like there's no room left but I know he will make some more room lol 

Fortunately I'm sleeping okay! 
  • @keshupe29 I have that same above butt cheek/low back pain. Mine gets worse when I've been sitting in a chair or on the floor. Recliner or laying seems to be fine and I also have a yoga ball that is fine to sit on, too.

Eta: mine is left hip and is fine when stanfing, but hurts to walk when my weight shifts to that side.
    Sounds exactly like mine. Seem to also notice it’s when  sitting at couch or table. and get up. Mine is the right. 
  • Pelvic pain. Makes change of position a nightmare. Especially climbing in and out of bed at night to pee or going from sitting to stand I literally cringe and brace myself because those first few steps take everything. My maternity belt doesn't help much. The heartburn is from hell
  • +1 for the rib pain. Mostly on my right, which is great because I’d rather not have her pushing up against my stomach causing more heartburn.  

My main pain is tailbone pains and while I hunch over while at the computer at work. I feel like a lazy gamer while at work because I’m leaning back to give LO as much room as possible while still trying to work.  I’m sure I look funny. Ha. But sometimes that doesn’t work and I have to go back to hunching, and then LO gets mad and reminds me that she’s in there, so I go back to gamer mode. 
  • I'm with you guys on the rib pain. :(

I do seem to have more energy this week, somehow. So that's a plus.

• +1 for rib pain, especially by the end of the day.  I caught my reflection in a window this morning (we don't have a full length mirror at home) and I think I look HUGE (which goes along with how I feel).  I don't know how this belly is going to get any bigger.  
  • Starting to get pretty uncomfortable. I've got some persistent lower back pain so I'm going to make an appointment with a physical therapist and see if I can't get some relief. Heartburn is ever present. Most irritating is the exhaustion that has come back with a vengeance. I. am. so. tired. 
  • Work has been pretty light these last couple of weeks. A lot of day before cancellations... But that makes for a happy body. My energy level
    has been all over the place. One day I NEED to nap while DD naps. The next I get a lot of crap done. I also feel like I’m getting larger by the hour some days (Sunday it was larger every 30 minutes)! That makes for an itchy belly. Lotion is my friend for that. 
  • I'm with you guys on the muscle aches and pains in my abdomen. And of course RLP. We put together the nursery (a little) on Sunday and all the bending over and standing up took a big toll. I also feel such intense pressure in my pelvis every time I stand up.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• My boobs and my belly have grown overnight. I'm wearing a maternity bra because my regular ones can't/won't contain the boobage.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• My boobs and my belly have grown overnight. I'm wearing a maternity bra because my regular ones can't/won't contain the boobage.
    They’re so much more comfortable! I hope that your boobage is contained! 
  • The groin pain, especially when I sleep, sucks. Trying to get up either hurts like crazy or I have to do it so slowly and then take a break to stretch so I can move w/o that pain. 

Also apparently I have a pupp rash. Doc pointed it out today. Since I've had eczema my whole life and it flared up something wicked early in the pregnancy I just assumed that's what it is. 
  • Not sleeping most nights and leg & foot cramps. 
  • @clc515 and @babymnsmomma i have the exact same pelvic pain! It's like I want to just collapse when taking my first few Steps after laying down for more than 10 minutes! 
  • 3plus1equals43plus1equals4 member
    edited December 2017
    Went to the chiropractor today for an adjustment and he moved something in my hip area. Pain is currently gone after a couple very achy days... such sweet relief! He said the pain above my butt cheek/low back area was from my SI joint being locked up.

Other new symptom: taking off my pants when I get home sets off a few Braxton hicks contractions every time. Feels like my belly drops a bit, too, in a settling sort of way. 
  • @pandappanderson What are abs? Haha. I think the worst for me is trying to to get out of the bathtub. I'm sure I look quite comical.
  • Hello, acid reflux  :(
  • So I'm feeling some wiggling and rolling and a few consistent taps but not strong hard kicks like usual. I'm thinking he's head down based on where I heard his heartbeat last night (I was trying to figure out his position because he was moving so much lol). Im thinking this is normal at 30 weeks? That he's just shifted and cant get the good punches and kicks in? Like I said he's constantly moving. I have a Dr appt tomorrow afternoon so I'll ask him then.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• So I'm feeling some wiggling and rolling and a few consistent taps but not strong hard kicks like usual. I'm thinking he's head down based on where I heard his heartbeat last night (I was trying to figure out his position because he was moving so much lol). Im thinking this is normal at 30 weeks? That he's just shifted and cant get the good punches and kicks in? Like I said he's constantly moving. I have a Dr appt tomorrow afternoon so I'll ask him then.
    I have been experiencing this as well. My thought was maybe jean facing my back. I’m still feeling it. Just way more gentle 
    I'm at 32 weeks and experiencing similar. I'll still get strong kicks and jabs here and there, but it's mostly lots of wiggling and movement. I know she's head down and her back was facing out at my checkup yesterday. 
  • +1 for crazy maneuvering to change position.  It’s quite ridiculous.  I’ve had SO trying my shoes for almost a month now.  
  • @pandappanderson What are abs? Haha. I think the worst for me is trying to to get out of the bathtub. I'm sure I look quite comical.
    I always tell people I have abs of baby now. It gets a laugh. 
  • So while I was at the mall this afternoon my belly got rock hard and super uncomfortable and it lasted for like 20 minutes. Thoughts?! I initially thought BH but they don’t last that long do they?!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • So while I was at the mall this afternoon my belly got rock hard and super uncomfortable and it lasted for like 20 minutes. Thoughts?! I initially thought BH but they don’t last that long do they?!
    20 minutes isn't a normal thing with uterine contractions  (Braxton hicks or real)  Maybe your muscles were tight from walking more than usual in the mall? Sometimes my belly feels tight if I exercise or after eating a larger meal.
    It's normal for the types of movements you feel to change as baby gets bigger and has less space! 
  • Heart palpitations at night, esp when I lay down. I asked The Dr today and she said it’s normal, but it feels unsettling. Anyone else experience these?
  • @SarahFoley725 I feel so silly since this is not my first rodeo but since my daughter was born almost 16 years ago and so much has changed as far as what to be aware of, what to do, etc (was never told to count kicks!) it's like I'm a FTM again! Lol

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• @babybro218 I have a few times and it's scary. I read it's from the increased blood flow. 

DD angel baby 10/16 <3
    Rainbow Due 02/20/18

• @SarahFoley725 I feel so silly since this is not my first rodeo but since my daughter was born almost 16 years ago and so much has changed as far as what to be aware of, what to do, etc (was never told to count kicks!) it's like I'm a FTM again! Lol
    My current youngest turns 8 this month and I feel the same way often!

One of myOB's said that is why some of my pains seem new to me,  that my body was used to it before,  but now that it's had so much time between babies it is starting over in many ways. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Heart palpitations at night, esp when I lay down. I asked The Dr today and she said it’s normal, but it feels unsettling. Anyone else experience these?
    Yep. OB on a previous pregnancy called mine the "mommy murmur."  He said it was from the extra blood volume during pregnancy.
  • @rainafire77 @mamaof5already DD is 21 months old and I've already forgotten so much stuff. I can't imagine the brain drain of teenagers!