Trying to Get Pregnant

Weekday Randoms 12/11-12/15

Re: Weekday Randoms 12/11-12/15

• We need to talk about this trend if cookie dough places hat or ou eat just raw cookie dough (made with pasteurized eggs and heat-treated flour)

• @jrm_14 what?! I’ve never heard of this, but it’s amazing!!!
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • @josie12367 Yes!  I have to take cookies to work on a Friday, too. 
  • @jrm_14 I need a cookie dough place in my life!!! 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    --------------------------------
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• @holly321 No judgement. Sounds like a good decision to me!  I’m deciding when to get my HSG done based on what food I would have time to get before work. 
  • @jsnakehole - GL today!
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @spottedginger - where did you get that?? Can you buy that stuff in stores? Looks amazing! There are few things in the world more delicious than cookie dough. The holiday baking season is upon us. I'm going to mix a few batches of cookie dough tomorrow night. Sugar, chocolate chip, and peanut butter blossom are my go-to cookies. Super excited :) I rarely let myself bake because I EAT EVERYTHING. But then I just got my new Kitchenaid mixer so really I'm going to have a to bake a lot to learn how to use it, right? I can't wait to make some fresh bread!!! And pizza crust!

Question: can you freeze bread dough and crust dough? When do you freeze it (i.e. after rising/right before one would normally bake it)? These recipes all make enough dough that we couldn't possibly eat that much bread or crust in one serving. It's too much. But I would be happy to freeze it if it baked well after thawing.
  • @wishiwaspreggo - I haven't frozen bread dough, but i have frozen pizza dough. It doesn't keep super duper long (i read somewhere, but don't remember) to freeze yeast dough for less than two weeks. So i could be horribly wrong about that. I go ahead and do the rise, punch it down, and then freeze it. Pull it out of the freezer the night before you plan to use it to thaw. Once it's thawed and you're ready to use it, pull it out of the fridge (and bag, etc) so it can warm to room temperature - usually 20-30 minutes. I try to spread it some so the middle can warm up as well. You can still follow your original baking instructions. 

also found this guide to freezing break and other baked goods:  https://dontwastethecrumbs.com/2015/02/ultimate-guide-freezing-bread-dough-baked-goods/
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @kristah2 - the worst part is that I was so tired this morning I kept yelling "Alexa No!!" Which would just restart the song and of course send DH into a fit of laughter
  • @jsnakehole Good luck today! I'm sure you'll be great.
    @meatballs37 It was 9 degrees out when I woke up this morning! This is only my second year in a cold climate, but I kinda love winter. I do NOT love driving during winter, but the snow is gorgeous and I don't mind the cold.

AFM, I'm just hanging out at a coffee shop waiting for Costco to put new tires on my car. Unfortunately I'm in suburbia, so there are no decent coffee shops around, just chains. I am unimpressed with the chai at Caribou Coffee.
  • @galactickates I'm dying laughing here! Thanks for that today!
  • @darkstar42 9 degrees! Eeep! Where did you move from if you don’t mind me asking? I moved to the cold Midwest when I was in high school from Northern California. My first winter here I thought I was going to freeze to death waiting for the bus. I was told that first winter was a mild one too. Ha! And I agree, driving in the snow/ice is not fun. But I don’t mind staying in and watching it snow. 
  • @meatballs37 I'm in the midwest now, but I grew up in Northern California (Santa Cruz) as well! I went to grad school in AZ before mo
  • @darkstar42 what are the odds?! I lived just outside of Sacramento in Elk Grove for 11 years before we moved here to the Midwest. My dad is originally from here. I will say the slower pace of life here has grown on me. 
  • **Lurking**

@galactickates My husband does the same thing with our Echo dot. Except his choice is "Long Cool Woman With a Black Dress". Why that choice? I have no idea...he heard it on a commercial at least 6 months ago and he hasn't stopped.
  • @jsnakehole How did it go?
    @jrm_14 Was that your cookie dough or just a pic? How was it?! When we were in NYC a few weeks ago I meant to go by one of the cookie dough places, but we forgot. I'm such a failure!  :p
    @spottedginger Seriously need to know where you got that. Is it available in the grocery store? (Cute doggies, too!)
    @meatballs37 I love the idea of winter because I get to sit inside in my jammies and not really feel bad about it. But it was so cold today here (like 30 degrees, which really isn't that bad) and I felt like such a wuss. I'm looking forward to being in Florida next week where it's warm!
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • @offtoneverland I'm not sure! It felt like a hot mess to me, but my AP gave me a thumbs up on the way out. I should have my debrief tomorrow, so hopefully I managed to get all effectives. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• @offtoneverland That was MH & mine’s dough!  Holy yum sugar overload. I highly suggest going to one if you can! 
  • It's really windy here today, so it is miserably cold, so I am warming up in bed with an old fashioned, a Christmas movie and a huge chocolate chip cookie.  I have so much to do but feel like ignoring my adult responsibilities.

@darkstar42 I love chai, but find "good" chai is a rare thing.  I have tried to make it at home,  with mixes and from scratch, but am never happy with it.

@meatballs37, your day sounds perfect, but I love winter, for about the first month, then it gets depressing.

@galactickates.... And now uptown funk is in my head and will probably be there for eternity 
  • @jsnakehole Hooray! I hope the thumbs up was a good sign. I'll be anxiously awaiting your update tomorrow after your debrief. Good luck!
    @holly321 Go ahead and ignore your adult responsibilities. That's the best way to spend an evening! 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • @holly321 - You're not wrong, unfortunately. It probably will be. Uptown funk and Despacito are the fastest way to get me to leave a party. "Gotta go,  look over there,  forgot to water my plants,  byeeeee.."

• @galactickates, I have literally never heard despacito, and I plan to keep it that way.
  • @jsnakehole Happy Hanukkah! 

@holly321 Love the way you're spending the evening! 
  • @wishiwaspreggo @offtoneverland sorry for my delayed response. That is from
    fresh market but I think they carry it other places, too if you google it. 
  • @galactickates I almost wet myself imagining waking up to Alexa shouting uptown funk at you hahaha!

Has anyone got any gift ideas for the dads in their lives? I need to get just something extra for FIL this Christmas but he’s so hard to shop for because he wants nothing and needs nothing! My first thought was thermals but I think that’s a bit boring haha
  • @CraftyG I'm not much help because I feel like I'm in the same boat. I'm getting my dad a hoodie. My step dad is getting some hockey thing hes into.
  • @CraftyG I usually end up getting a new flannel shirt for my dad. He’s hard to shop for, but they have nice looking winter clothes and shirt jackets etc. They’ve had a lot of 50% off deals lately too.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @craftyg Nice coffee, thermos, water bottle, leather gloves, gift card to somewhere, nice wallet, embroidered handkerchief, magazine subscription. 
  • For anyone who read the second drive by with a giant TW- what is a ‘pound shop pregnancy test’?  
  • @jrm_14 It's a British version dollar store
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes