July 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Appointments w/o 12/11

It's a new week for appointments!   Who has one this week?

Re: Weekly Appointments w/o 12/11

• Options
    I have my first appointment tomorrow morning at 8 weeks. FTM and I am not sure what all they will do, when I made the appointment they did say they would do an ultrasound. I am mostly nervous and my husband is very excited. I feel like I should have questions but I really don't just yet.

Hope to join in on the ultrasound thread tomorrow!   :)
  • Options
    I don’t have an appointment this week, but I did just send in my sneak peek and I’m very unpatiently awaiting the results!! Sent it in Saturday so I should know any day now!!! I’ve literally been checking my email every hour!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for starting this thread! 
    @kg_tx good luck with your ultrasound! I hope you get a good view of your little nugget!

@paytonpedro eeekk! How exciting! DH is pushing for us to keep this baby a surprise, but I'm reaaaaally tempted to send in a sneak peek and just pretend I have no idea  :D 

I have my next appointment Thursday, nothing important... But I will get to hear the heartbeat on the doctors fancy Doppler  :)
  • Options
    Went in this morning but we were the first appointment and a little out of it so we forgot to ask to print pictures!! Baby is growing well and perfectly on time at 10w2d, we also heard the HB at 170. Starting all the genetic testing this week and we supposedly find out the sex this Thursday or Friday! I don't know how we will get the results but I'm hoping it's something I can print and not look at because my husband wants to do a cheesey cupcake reveal for us
  • Options
    I have an ultrasound on Thursday to make sure we have a good due date. Woop! I will be 9w2d. 

Lab Mom (x2): Sept/Oct 2014 
    Married: August 2015
    DS: Nov 2016 (36w)
    Baby H #2: July2018 (Team Pink!)

• Options
    I have my first appointment tomorrow at 8 weeks. I am nervous and excited. Its a long appointment too, they said to plan for 3 hours...WTF? I don't recall having appointments that long with my first. 
  • Options
    @limoncat the big hospital I was gonna go to told me to plan for 2 hours and there wasn't even an ultrasound! Seriously that's so long for the first appt. I feel like for the first 20 weeks, and even some of those later weeks, with a few exceptions, appointments should be like, 20 minutes, lol (unless you have questions/problems to check in on).
  • Options

I have my "first" appointment on Thursday! I had two ultrasounds around week 4 and 6 to verify that everything was ok. Since I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks she pushed my "first" appointment to this Thursday, i'll be 10 weeks!! I'm glad there's going to be more to see :) I'm also going to make sure to ask when the appointment is for the sex. Very eager to find that out.

@kg_tx I'm not sure what your doctor will do, but mine said she'll go over diet and any questions I have. Also i'll get my bill from her and see the little one. You might be able to expect something like that.
    @paytonpedro sneek peek the ultrasound place? If not, what do you mean??

@kissableviv Did you elect to have the genetic/sex testing? How exciting though!! Can't wait to hear what the little one is :)

@limoncat and @djh513 good luck on your appointments! I can't imagine a 3 hour appointment, agh!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @gspmom21 I did. I'm only going to be AMA for one month of my pregnancy but tbh we both were ok with doing the testing. It's covered by our insurance and we thought ,why not, I am the most curious impatient person so...DH honestly could have waited until birth. If we end up having a second one, we'll wait :)
  • Options
    purplepelicanpurplepelican member
    edited December 2017
    I had my second US today! I was really, really nervous because I had some spotting yesterday. But baby was just fine today! My due date was revised from July 25 to July 24, so I'm 7 weeks 6 days today. Heartbeat was a beautiful 153 and baby was measuring at 7+2, which they said was fine. (ETA: My mom says I always measured small, so that makes me feel better too.) There were no clots in my uterus, so they think the bleeding was from my cervix being irritated by the plastic applicator I have to use for my progesterone suppositories. That was a huge relief. Now that we've seen a heartbeat, we're telling MH's parents tonight! I have another US scheduled in a week with my RE, and after that I'll graduate to my OB! 

@paytonpedro We're Team Green, but I'll be interested to hear whether your Sneak Peek results end up lining up with the anatomical scan! 
  • Options
    @acunamatada I've totally been tempted to do the Sneak Peek so that only I will know the sex of the baby. But I'm pretty sure if I knew I'd accidentally let it slip, so I'm going to try to stay strong on Team Green. 
  • Options
    First appointment is Wednesday! I’m a first time mom and I’m so excited/nervous/anxious! I’ll be one day shy of 8 weeks (although I’m preparing for my OB to try to say I’m further along but I have my chart ready to show her when I ovulated  ;) )
  • Options
    @ashbub714 lol I was taking my temp and charting too, so we know for sure when we conceived, although sometimes I heard the egg can hanf out for 24 hours before it dies. Either way, if I'm off it's only really by one day ;)
  • Options
    Just had an appointment today at 9 weeks, 3 days and GRADUATED from my RE!!! I'm soooo happy - I hugged him and cried and said thank you so much. I've been with him for 1.5 years and tried for 2.5 years, so I'm very VERY happy to reach this milestone.

What is a sneak peak? Is that the blood test?
  • Options
    @kissableviv yep! I’m the same way. :) I could be off by a day but if she goes by my period she’ll put me ahead 4 to 5 days
  • Options
    I don't "go here" until next week, but popping in to wish good luck to everyone who has an appointment this week!
  • Options
    Somebody needs to explain this "sneak peek"!
  • Options
    https://sneakpeektest.com
    Here it is. It's a blood test you can take as early as 9 weeks to find out the gender! I'm doing my test via genetic screening as part of a program to find out about genetic issues, you can purchase this one for $79 though!
  • Options
    Had my third this morning for official dating. Measuring 9+4 but since my last two scans were a bit off possibly due to late ovulation she dated it somewhere in between them all. Didn’t get to hear the HB this time but i can see the flicker. I go back next Monday for generic testing and will find out sex about 1-2 wks later. NT scan Jan 3rd (my wedding anniversary. Sounds like I’m officially not considered high risk for now so it’s a bit nerve racking not getting all those extra scans. 
  • Options
    purplepelicanpurplepelican member
    edited December 2017
    @Lelo2006 All these pregnancy hormones have me crying happy tears over your "graduation." Such a milestone! Edited: spelling
  • Options
    I have my second ultrasound on Friday. It’s an NT scan and doing the NIPT testing. I’ll be 11 weeks 4 days. I’m considered high-risk and I’m having a hard time being excited for my appointment because I am so obsessively thinking that it will be a MMC. Trying to stay positive. 

I wish everyone luck and health during their pregnancies! 
  • Options
    I had my FIRST appointment at 11 weeks yesterday.  Heard the beautiful heartbeat- between 169 and 172.  Fastest ever for any of my kids.  It was AWESOME!!!  I have a U/S and testing on Thursday.

I did have a polyp when she examined me, so she removed that and said it was definitely the source of all of my spotting and bleeding.  It was on the outside wall (so not the uterus) so no affect on the baby.  It's always something!
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    paytonpedropaytonpedro member
    edited December 2017
    https://sneakpeektest.com
    Here it is. It's a blood test you can take as early as 9 weeks to find out the gender! I'm doing my test via genetic screening as part of a program to find out about genetic issues, you can purchase this one for $79 though!
    @gspmom21 I was reading your name as GPSmom literally until I just typed it. Haha. But this! You send in a little bit of blood and they look for the Y chromosome. If it’s present it’s a boy, if not it’s a girl! I get the results TODAY!!! Waiting for DH to come home from work to open the email and it’s KILLING ME! Haha! 

I wish I had the strength to be team green but I’m just not the surprise type. It gives me anxiety! I know where my Christmas presents are hidden and I’ve seen so tempted to just go look ha! I haven’t... yet anyways. 

edit to add Sneak peek is 99% accurate and has a money back guarantee of its wrong! So I figured why not! I wish I had known about it with DS! I’ll obviously still check it against the anatomy scan!
  • Options
    Just got done with my appointment. Baby is right on track at 8 weeks and saw the heart flickering with a heart beat of 177! So excited and thankful for a healthy baby. 

Hoping everyone else has great appointments! :)
  • Options
    Well my 3 hour appointment is finally over! It mostly consisted of a lot of waiting around, but I had to meet with a nurse to go over my full medical history, and learn about the office's polices and procedures, etc. That was the first part, and I was like can we see if baby is doing ok before we discuss what to do if I think I am in labor? Then I met with the doctor for an exam and pap smear, then more waiting. Then an ultrasound. They could not see the baby abdominally so I had to wait some more to do a vaginal ultrasound. Finally got a peek at baby, who the doctor called a "little stinker" because he/she was hiding. Everything looked good, just measuring a few days behind. Then I waited some more and finally got a blood test. It was a long morning, but worth it to see the baby and have some reassurance that things seem to be progressing well. :smile:
  • Options
    beanship said:
    @Lelo2006 All these pregnancy hormones have me crying happy tears over your "graduation." Such a milestone! Edited: spelling
    Thank you, @beanship! I felt like I couldn't properly convey to him how grateful I am! I need to write him a letter or something. I was just so overwhelmed. It's been a process, that's for sure!
  • Options
    First US on Saturday. Seriously going to be a long week waiting for this thing! 

@kg_tx @limoncat @ashbub714 Good luck at your first appointments!

• Options
    @nimmle Thank you, mine went great today. I know how hard the wait is but Saturday is getting close!! Good luck! 
  • Options

@paytonpedro Good luck! Let us know what you find out!

I'm such a weenie, I couldn't prick myself. Paper cuts are talked about for like 3 days. haha

@limoncat dang! I can't believe you had to sit there for that long just to go over that information. I know doctors are known for taking a while, but jeez.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

@workinweezel I'm glad she found the reason, fingers crossed that eliminates any bleeding in the future!!

@kg_tx congratulations :) Happy to hear the little one growing right on time.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    brittw923brittw923 member
    edited December 2017
    We find out the sex Friday or Monday as well! So excited 
  • Options
    Aww congrats on your little boy @paytonpedro! I can’t believe I have never heard of SneakPeek before. Now I’m tempted lol

imageimage

• Options
    @paytonpedro woohoo! Congrats! I should know by Friday. Doing a cheesey gender reveal, just DH and I. My best friend is going to order us a small cake with the blue or pink filling. You should start a gender reveal thread!
  • Options
    @kissableviv We did a cake gender reveal with our first and with our parents and grandmas (and siblings) and it was so cute!! This time around, we might keep it a secret, seeing we don’t really need anymore “boy” stuff! 
  • Options
    I have my first ultrasound today and I am so nervous. With all the bleeding this week, I just really want to see a heartbeat. 
  • Options
    Had our ultrasound this morning! Measuring right on EDD and has a strong heartbeat of 162 BPM! Everything looks great. 

Lab Mom (x2): Sept/Oct 2014 
    Married: August 2015
    DS: Nov 2016 (36w)
    Baby H #2: July2018 (Team Pink!)

• Options
    @blair_krank I hope you have a great appointment! Thinking of you!
  • Options
    First ultrasound monday! I switched obgyns because they werent going to do an ultrasound until i was almost 14 weeks. This is my first and i wanted one sooner so I switched. So now i will be geeting one at 9 weeks and i feel much better about that! Hopefully we will see a healthy heart beat!!