July 2018 Moms
Options

Weekday Randoms w/o 12/11

Re: Weekday Randoms w/o 12/11

• Options
    @TalesOfASocialIntrovert I had to do the same thing! I think i am just going to stick with my body pillow this time
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @TalesOfASocialIntrovert I've seen some pregnancy pillows that are similar to the Snoogle but have two sides so you can roll over and it's the same on each side.  It looks amazing but I haven't been able to justify the purchase since the Snoogle worked well enough for me.
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @TalesOfASocialIntrovert this was the issue I had, especially being in a queen size bed, 10 months pregnant, and an overweight husband... it was a pain to turn over, but the good thing about it is usually it tended to lock me in place so I didn't end up on my back
  • Options
    Has anyone used one of those two sided pillows? We have a king and I'm considering it.
  • Options
    yeah what @nimmle said...now that I know a two sided pillow exists I am intrigued! I had the snoogle but my main issue is hip pain...@sarafuss do you think the wedge would work for that? I just thought it would be easier to switch sides when I have to move because my hips hurt so bad.
  • Options
    @wildtot I liked the lachleo (sp?) that was shaped like a big U last time. I turn over in my sleep a ton and I liked not having to reposition a whole pillow every time I turned. I slept with the open end at my head so I could use my regular pillow and used the curve at the bottom for keeping my knees/feet in alignment. 
  • Options
  • Options
    @SmashJam I think the wedge is much easier to maneuver so in that sense it would be easier on your hips (if the solution to the hip pain is turning frequently).  I also had a regular pillow between my knees to help with hip pain. 
    Married 9/19/09
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @christycalifornia yay for passing the glucose test!  That definitely deserves a donut celebration!  ;)
    Married 9/19/09
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had very painful hips with DS so i had to flip a lot. I feel like I’ll need the inner thigh/knee support again so my hips don’t hurt too much. 
    @christycalifornia i was thinking the same about having the open side up so i can use my own pillow. 
  • Options
    I had the Snoogle last pregnancy and am evidently part of the minority that DIDN'T like it. I switch sides a LOT while sleeping and felt like I needed to completely rotate the pillow everyone as well so it "fit" right. I'm sure I'll try it out this pregnancy as well but havent even thought about getting it out yet.

I tried the stooges, but was more comfortable with a regular pillow stuffed under my bump for support. I kept one on each side of me so when I needed to roll i didn’t have to move everything. I also liked a pillow between my legs. MH called it my pillow nest. I needed like 7 pillows to sleep at all during 3rd tri :lol:
  • Options
    For those doing early blood tests for genetic testing, how long is it taking to get results? How do you get the results? Do you find out if everything is ok at the same time as finding out the gender?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I felt the same way as @TalesOfASocialIntrovert about my mini snoogle. It became a love/hate thing because once I got comfy it was nice but it took awhile and I had to flip over a lot. Annoying!
  • Options
    @runsomewhere with my son they said two weeks but it was less than that. We got told during a regular visit. This time around they also said 2 wks but will be getting an email instead. Hopefully it will be less than 2 wks again. The doc said she’ll let us know if something doesn’t look good and need further testing. But I’ll be able to see all that in the same email too.
  • Options
    wildtot said:
    @runsomewhere with my son they said two weeks but it was less than that. We got told during a regular visit. This time around they also said 2 wks but will be getting an email instead. Hopefully it will be less than 2 wks again. The doc said she’ll let us know if something doesn’t look good and need further testing. But I’ll be able to see all that in the same email too.
    Yes, initially they said two weeks but we get the results of the first blood test by this Friday, so roughly one week. My doctor has an online portal and he has been sending emails through that before to share blood work and stuff. He called me when he was concerned about a blood value (I am a carrier of a form of anemia and forgot to tell him) - for this test he may call either way or just send an email via the portal. My NT scan is on the 27th and if I understand correctly they will combine the blood work results with that to let us know the overall risk.

• Options
    @runsomewhere My doc said 4-10 buisnesses days, often sooner. I got the results back for my blood screenings (glucose, immunities, etc.) today even though I took the tests on Thursday because those were done in-house, but the genetic stuff is outsourced so comes back later. They call as soon as I get any results and don't wait for everything to come in, preferring to let people know as soon as possible. Every place is likely different, though. 
  • Options
    Anyone in here preparing to have a home birth? Or had one in the past. I have absolutely no interest in it but we had a few in my last BMB and it FASCINATES me. One woman in my last BMB had like, 4 of her 5 kids at home. 
  • Options
    sorry I've been rather mia lately mg anxiety has gotten bad again with work being so intense and this pregnancy and toddler kicking my butt i feel i have no energy for anything
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    Me and the hubby were asleep by 8 o'clock last night.. I guess first trimester fatigue is kicking both our butts! Lol
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 I'm sorry things have been tough for you.. I can't imagine having an intense job and a toddler in the mix too.. I hope you feel better/more energized soon!
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 same. Anxiety has been hard for me lately. I don’t even have a job to add to the mix. I kinda lost it on Sunday night and sobbed for quite a while. Poor DH doesn’t know what to do with me in that state. 

Hope life calms down a little for you soon. 
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 hope you feel better soon! Did you ever get around to your haircut or at least treat yourself in someway? 
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 I am so sorry you are having anxiety. I 100% understand, I'm an anxious person and I also have a demanding, high-stress job. I know it's easier said than done, but try to take some time each day for yourself. Even if it's just a walk around the block to decompress. I find myself leaving the office every couple of hours to just go breathe some fresh air. Hope you can find some relief. Anxiety is a nasty bitch. 
  • Options

I am 10+3 today, I had an initial scan at 5 weeks to confirm pregnancy and then another at 7 weeks where we saw the heartbeat. But I never actually had blood work or anything, I met with the midwife both times and apparently these weren't considered "prenatal visits" and I got whacked with a $40 copay for both.

I digress....I have my first actual prenatal appointment next Tuesday with a new practice and I will be 11+2...I feel like I'm waiting too long? Is this typical? I don't remember when I went with DD but I know I went well before this with my last pregnancy, I'm seeing a few posts about glucose tests and I'm like geez...how far behind am I?

• Options
    @owl_momma how is that not a prenatal visit?? Anywhoo, you're not putting yourself at any disadvantage having your first appt at 11 weeks- some doctors don't start seeing women until 10+. The only time sensitive test in the first tri is the NT scan and you have between 11-14 weeks(I think?) to have it done. But it's not mandatory and not fully covered by some insurances (although I think it's free in CA?). Good luck with your appt! They don't do much this early anyways- just a review of what not to do and they answer any questions you have. 

@lindsayleigh1989 sorry you're feeling so crummy. That all sounds so draining. Did you ever fit in some self care? 
  • Options
    So, totally janky, but here's my random. I wear a size 32A bra and I only have one. So I wear it. Every day. (Gross? Maybe) They're freaking expensive. Over time my bra wears out and stretches and I have to buy a new one. This has happened over the last couple of months, but I've been too lazy to buy a new one, so it's just been a little big. Well NOW it fits again! Hooray slightly bigger boobs! Now I'm not gonna drop any money on one of these suckers until I figure out my boob evolution from here on out. Yay!
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 hope you feel better soon. I had a really anxious week last week *hugs*

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @runsomewhere (and anyone else who has never done NIPT before) I had the Panorama test done with my third baby.  (I've also had two amnios done so if anyone has questions about that, feel free to ask).   It took exactly one week to get the results back.  I think the different companies test for mostly the same things but the Panorama tested for 6 different chromosomal abnormalities so they give you the results of each of those six chromosomes.  Panorama tested chromosomes 13, 18, 21 (testing for Trisomy 13, T18 and 21 or Down's syndrome) and X and Y chromosomes testing for Turner's syndrome (girls with just one X), Klinefelter syndrome (boys with XXY or an extra X chromosome) and Triple X syndrome or girls with an extra X chromosome).  So you can tell the gender based on those X and Y results.  With my third baby, they read through the results one by one and gave me a 1 in 10,000 chance for each of those chromosomal abnormalities.  So it doesn't tell you a definitive yes or no but gives you your "risk" or chance of having those issues. 

**potential TW**

I was just looking at the website.  It looks like Panorama also tests for some microdeletions now, one of them being Cri-du-chat (which is what my daughter had).  They didn't test for that when I had the test done back in 2014.  So that's cool that they are able to test for those things now.  Again, not a definitive or diagnostic test but I assume it is pretty accurate.
    Married 9/19/09
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 I’ve been dealing with the exact same which is also why I’ve been mostly MIA. Hoping things turn around for the both of us. 

I talked to my midwife about the anxiety and she gave us a few coping strategies, said she thought/hoped it might ease in second tri, and if not she recommended seeing the in-house therapist. So, at least I have a plan. 

Lab Mom (x2): Sept/Oct 2014 
    Married: August 2015
    DS: Nov 2016 (36w)
    Baby H #2: July2018 (Team Pink!)

• Options
    @Sarafuss thank you so much for the info.

When we have our genertic testing appointment they said they will explain each of the available tests, as well as amnios which I am really open to doing. Do you feel like Panorama is the most comprehensive? 

Would you mind talking a bit about amnio? What made you decide to do it? How was the procedure? I've heard that a lot of the risk stats out there are very dated and that it's actually fairly safe. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @owl_momma how is that not a prenatal visit?? Anywhoo, you're not putting yourself at any disadvantage having your first appt at 11 weeks- some doctors don't start seeing women until 10+. The only time sensitive test in the first tri is the NT scan and you have between 11-14 weeks(I think?) to have it done. But it's not mandatory and not fully covered by some insurances (although I think it's free in CA?). Good luck with your appt! They don't do much this early anyways- just a review of what not to do and they answer any questions you have. 

@lindsayleigh1989 sorry you're feeling so crummy. That all sounds so draining. Did you ever fit in some self care? 
    @acunamatada thank you! And that's exactly what I said when I called to question the copay, they said until the initial hour long appointment it's not considered prenatal. So they charged me $40 to sit in the office for an hour for the midwife to come in with the date wheel and tell me my due date. AAAAaaand that's why I switched providers!
  • Options
    sorry I've been rather mia lately mg anxiety has gotten bad again with work being so intense and this pregnancy and toddler kicking my butt i feel i have no energy for anything
    I hope the second trimester proves better for you, with the fatigue and the anxiety :(

• Options
    @owl_momma my first one was on Monday at 11 weeks!  At least you'll be far enough along to probably hear the HB via doppler :)

Knottie70796936 soooooooooooooooooo cute!  Good luck with her!
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @Knottie70796936 OMG HOW PRECIOUS 
  • Options
    SarafussSarafuss member
    edited December 2017
    I haven't looked at the other companies websites such as Harmony or MaterniT21 but Panorama claims to be the market-leading test and they have other claims.  It's a lot to list here but their website is really informative.

***TW***

I had an amnio at 35 weeks with my daughter because she had a lot of issues on ultrasound starting with the NT scan at 11.5 weeks. She had a 5-6mm nuchal fold measurement when they want it under 3mm.  She had issues with her heart and a lot of other things with her facial structure and brain so we knew something wasn't quite right despite getting normal Panorama results (which at the time didn't test for her condition).  I was very nervous about potentially losing a baby (because of the risks of an amnio) that was perfectly healthy so we held off on the amnio until I was close to full term.  And of course, those results showed that she had Cri-du-chat.

We had an amnio done at 15w5d with my fourth baby because of our history and I really needed that definitive test to tell me that my baby was healthy.  I couldn't have a test tell me I had 1 in 10,000 chance because 1 in 50,000 babies are born with Cri-du-chat.  So those odds meant nothing to me.  For my sanity, for that pregnancy, I was willing to take the risk of the amnio.  I was given a risk of 1 in 400 something (I can't remember) which is like, a less than 1% chance of complications from the amnio.  I see an amazing group of MFM's that perform amnios all the time so that made me feel more confident as well.  It is uncomfortable for just a minute but it's really not bad at all.  I was told to take it easy for 24 hours afterward (I arranged for family to watch my older kids and I stayed in bed all day) and then after that 24 hour period, the risk of something happening is gone.  I'm not explaining it as eloquently as my genetic counselor does but she made me feel much more at ease with the procedure.  We plan to have another amnio with this pregnancy as well.  But I haven't met with the genetic counselor yet. 

ETA:  they do an ultrasound while they perform the amnio to see where they place the needle.  And it is over in less than a minute.  It sounds really invasive but once the needle is out they just put a band-aid on that spot and it didn't even really bleed at all.  With my son, I asked the MFM if we could try and determine the sex of the baby on ultrasound and they agreed.  They put the results in an envelope for us so we could do a gender reveal with family.  Of course, the preliminary results came back in 3 days.  I think those FISH results that come back in three days tell you the results for chromosomes 13, 18, 21 and X and Y so we knew the sex for sure at that point.  The results of all chromosomes come back in about a week.  We also opted for a full microarray to test for microdeletions and duplications since our daughter also had a duplication.  Those results came back in 3 weeks.
    Married 9/19/09
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Sarafuss thank you so much for sharing your experience, I really appreciate it. While it's helpful to get info from doctors, hearing things from other moms is so valuable. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @runsomewhere you're welcome!
    Married 9/19/09
    BabyFruit Ticker