July 2018 Moms

Re: FFFC

• I brought cold pizza with me to work to eat at lunch today @hillbillywife! Lol
  • Loading the player...
  • I ate cookies for breakfast, @hillbillywife- at least you covered most of the food groups! 
  • @mrsj1215 it’s the best! @acunamatada haha true! I’d still probably almost rather cookies! I might have to go track one down!
  • I didn’t do anything at work yesterday. I was too tired and couldn’t focus. Everyone was getting on my nerves. Got a feeling today will be the same. 
  • @wildtot that was me yesterday too. In fact, the phones were quiet and I mustve dozed off because my friend sent me a text and it scared me awake. Lol
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
    BFP 2/2016 M/C 3/2016 @ 5 weeks
    Trying for #4 since 11/2015
  • I could so eat the tacos I brought for lunch right now. I forgot my breakfast stuff and am hungry.  I have a pack of oatmeal in my drawer but tacos sound so much better. 
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
    BFP 2/2016 M/C 3/2016 @ 5 weeks
    Trying for #4 since 11/2015
  • @busymommy23 do it! I packed an oatmeal packet too but i got Panera instead only cause it’s payday. I would totally eat tacos all day!
  • acunamatadaacunamatada member
    edited December 2017
    I got DH a new phone for Christmas and made him open it this morning (he doesn't like opening presents early- crazy person) because his phone is crap and I'm sick of not being able to reach him. A little self serving, but at least it was a present? 
    ETF words. 
  • @4deep our plan had been for DS2 and DH to come to the U/S while DS1 was at school. DS1 ended up having to stay home bc he was sick the night before (but was ok the day of the appt). DH ended up watching them both in the waiting room during my appt to minimize the chaos. 
  • @4deep I wish he wanted to stay home with the kid! Nothing is more frustrating than watching DH try and unsuccessfully wrangle a 2yo while I'm being probed. 
  • I dont plan on giving 100% at my aldi job today. I always work harder than most of my coworkera and today i just don't feel up to it. Trying to give myseld permission to just do the bare minimum today
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• sm05-2 said:
    I almost cried yesterday evening because I was really craving homemade mac and cheese, but I was too tired to make it, and we didn't have all the ingredients, and a local restaurant that had it took it off their menu. I satisficed myself with another creamy pasta dish, but this weekend I plan to make the homemade version, which will be nice, because we're getting a little snow.
    Homemade Mac n cheese sounds amazing!!
  • @sm05-2 I started making myself a sandwich for lunch then remembered I wanted mac n cheese when I saw the box of noodles in the pantry. The bread for my sandwich was already in the toaster so it was too late. I actually said, "Oh nooo!" out loud  :#
  • I dont plan on giving 100% at my aldi job today. I always work harder than most of my coworkera and today i just don't feel up to it. Trying to give myseld permission to just do the bare minimum today
    You work at Aldi?  I LOVE THAT STORE!  I am even in an Aldi Moms group on Facebook. lol
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • @runsomewhere I used to do them to the tune of music on the radio when I was commuting to work
  • hillbillywifehillbillywife member
    edited December 2017
    @runsomewhere that’s so awesome! 

Edited because I was distracted by run’s legal abilities and forgot I had another confession. 

My bff is having her gender reveal on Sunday (yes, yes- sex, I know...) and everything is a surprise. Obviously the sex is a surprise but how she is revealing is a surprise too. She allllwayyysss does surprise everything... it’s exhausting as someone who just likes to know things. My confession is that’s it bugs me that she does so many surprises... 
  • @Crystal321we women are so talented :)

@hillbillywife LOL

I get you on everything having to be a surprise or huge production can be a little annoying. I'm the type to think omg just tell us.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @crystal321 hahahaha, that's pretty funny!! @runsomewhere I randomly did it one day and It just became a habit before I even knew it was a thing so I'm sure I'm super prepared for a baby. lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We threw a baby shower for a coworker today. My boss asked what colors would look good on her cookie cake. I told them black/chocolate would look bad because I hate the taste of those colors and wanted to fully enjoy the cake :D
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @runsomewhere exactly. She’s like “it’s so hard to keep this secret!” Blah, so just tellll meeee
  • @hillbillywife everyone knows when you have a best friend when they say "no one can know" or "don't tell anyone" it means "don't tell anyone.... besides your bff" duh! I can't believe she isn't going to tell you.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @runsomewhere I'm just jealous lol. 
  • @runsomewhere LOL that’s amazing. 

@hillbillywife I am totally with you, I feel like Pinterest has created this like phenomena of “omg look at me every little thing relating to marriage and babies is a HUGE DEAL” and like...of course it’s a big deal for the people involved but that doesn’t mean every little thing has to be for all of your friends and family too...
  • @hillbillywife sounds like my mother- everything is a production. Even down to just gossip. It'll be a "guess what?!" Followed by no replies for 20 minutes and a "no you have to guess!" JUST TELL ME WOMAN. 
  • I'm finding myself going through the Spreadsheet and wanting to format it to look more organized. Maybe organize by EDD or name or singleton vs multiples...goodness. *stepping away*

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @zombiehoohaa feel free to change it! I quickly copied it from June BMB and posted it for everyone. Early on I tried to sort it by due date and it deleted a few moms, but I was on mobile.
    So, again feel free to make it pretty, fancy or whatever you'd like!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • gspmom21 said:
    @zombiehoohaa feel free to change it! I quickly copied it from June BMB and posted it for everyone. Early on I tried to sort it by due date and it deleted a few moms, but I was on mobile.
    So, again feel free to make it pretty, fancy or whatever you'd like!
    Game on!!!!! 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• edited December 2017
    My FFFC, I just bought a doppler on Amazon. I'm 10+3 but symptoms are dwindling and no bump to speak of (I know, I know, it's still early). I just can't shake the feeling of not being pregnant. My first OB appt is next Friday but that seems soooo far away. Hopefully it's a wise choice and doesn't just end up fueling the anxiety  :/

Edited: spelling
  • I got it beat in to my head during my last pregnancy that kegels were super important to do during and after pregnancy. So I've been doing them since then and it's become such a habit I don't even think about it anymore. I'm at the point where I can O pretty easily from just doing them. Sometimes I'll just do it when I'm bored commuting home lol. Ok I can't believe I wrote this, I hope I don't know anyone here IRL.
    Anyone else start doing them when they read this? 

Also as for the appointments, I went alone to mine. DH was at work and doesn’t really get PTO. He’ll come to the anatomy scan st 20 weeks.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @TalesOfASocialIntrovert I bought one during my first pregnancy, I loved it. I still have it and have used it a couple times. Even though I'm not a medical professional and would never know if something was wrong with the hb I thought it was nice to hear it every now and then. Plus I think it helped DH bond with the nugget pre-bump. But there is a learning curve in finding it early.. Don't worry if you can't find it right away, and definitely try with a full bladder if you can! 
  • @acunamatada Thanks for the tip! I utilized ultrasound at my previous job for numerous procedures so I'm fairly comfortable with that and hoping doppler feels familiar and easy to get the hang of  :)
  • @acunamatada when can you start picking up the HB?
  • @Lelo2006 the earliest it's physically possible is 9 weeks. I heard mine at 9+1 with my home Doppler, but I still have trouble finding it sometimes at 10 weeks 
  • @hillbillywife I think gender works when you're saying "gender reveal" just because "sex reveal" makes me think of a different kind of party...
  • My fffc: I went and bought doughnuts today and bought a dozen because I was in frumpy clothes already (having literally rolled out of bed and just stuffed my feet in shoes to get DD to school) and didn't want them to judge me for buying two donuts for myself.