Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TTCAL w/o 12/4

13»

Re: TTCAL w/o 12/4

• Options
    @offtoneverland - how are you holding up?  You're always there for everyone and so good at picking everyone else up.  I know I always appreciate it. I just want to check in with you.  I think it's good to check in on each other.  

@BusinessWife - one of my best friends, also neighbor, who has been trying for years and has since moved on to adoption has missed so many trips because of TTC. Everything revolved around it and even now with adoption. I don't think there is any way around it though. You do what you have to do.  We are all crazy strong for the things we endure. 
  • Options
    @BusinessWife Right?! It totally upends all our plans and it really messes with me because I'm such a planner. I hate not knowing what's going to be going on and having to plan around either TTC or possibly being KU. My sister recently asked us if we wanted to plan a family vacation at a family-friendly Sandals resort in Jamaica, I think, next fall and I had to say no, again because of zika concerns and just not knowing what my life will be like at the time. It's so hard! If not for zika things would be a little easier. Such a crappy disease that limits vacation areas a lot since it can be so harmful while TTC. 
    @galactickates I'm doing well, thank you for checking on me. :) I feel "lucky" (that's not the right word really, but can't think of a better one) that my losses at least happened really early (at like 4 weeks), so I've been able to pick myself up from them and try to move on with it. Not saying that to imply that anyone else with early losses should feel the same way; it's just how I've been able to deal with it. Also, when a friend of mine was TTC, she had several CPs and early losses before one finally stuck, so I think having heard her experience has helped me know that *hopefully* things will eventually work out. Right now I'm just feeling super excited for Christmas! We're heading to Florida next week to see my parents and I can't wait!
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @BusinessWife major kudos to you for going to Christmas. I’m in awe of your strength to go.

I hate to admit it, but we are skipping it this year. DH’s family Christmas is like 40 people and I can’t take them being awkward around us. So we are doing a quiet Christmas brunch at home with our parents. 

@offtoneverland I hope you have a relaxing trip to see your parents! Did they get hit by the recent hurricane this year? I hope not! I felt so bad for the many people in Texas too. 
  • Options

starla  I’ve tested positive for ureaplasma! I found out after my 4th loss in March. DH and I had to take meds and I’m going in this Friday for another culture to see if it is truly gone (I found out through a culture, not through my biopsy). I found one scientific article about how ureaplasma could cause early recurrent pregnancy loss (which is what I have). However, there are also many opinions that it has, or could have, nothing to do with MC.

zamora_spin  In the TMI category… my first AF after my first MC (a D&C) I was on my honeymoon and I suddenly stopped, doubled over in pain, and almost had a BM in my pants. I went from being fine to in so much pain I saw spots. Also, as for the noise in your ears… could it be tinnitus? It runs in my family and I used to get It occasionally, and noticed it was worse after my MC. Read up on it, and turns out anxiety and depression can make tinnitus worse.

BusinessWife The being underwater at the deep end of the pool is a great visual example of how my TTCAL journey has felt! 

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    @dpjennifer Thanks for sharing! DH and I are both on a 14-day course of doxycycline except I'm taking 2 pills per day and he's only taking one a day. Fortunately we can still TTC while we take it!

There was some confusion about the biopsy because the nurse or whoever from the clinic called and literally said "your biopsy results came in and you tested positive for ureaplasma." However, after talking with the nurse today at my cycle monitoring appt, she said it was from a cervical swab and that's how they will re-test to make sure it's gone (phew! I don't want to have to repeat the biopsy!). Some of my biopsy results are in, but she didn't say what they were. There, they're checking for imflammation and other stuff.

Anyway I hope the doxycycline works for me and DH and it's gone for good! I also read mixed opinion and scientific studies about the effects of ureaplasma on fertility, MC, and pre-term labour. I'd rather be safe! I hope this does the trick for you as well!! :)
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Options
    @dpjennifer I'm sorry you had that experience, especially on you honeymoon! From googling it seems we are not alone and this sometimes happens post-d&c, man, maybe they should warn people? 

My uterus seems to have stopped being so angry with me which is nice. 
  • Options
    starla  I had a biopsy to check progesterone levels and it was seriously the most painful test. :( Would not EVER want to repeat!

zamora_spin Yeah... a heads up that you could be walking around Tasmania feeling fine, even though you were starting AF, but then may suddenly have stabbing pains and feel like you're going to be a grown-@ss woman that poops your pants would have DEFINITELY been a warning I'd have liked to known about! Thank God I made it back to our room, but it was touch and go for a bit. I also had wicked ovulation cramps the first cycle after my MC, which was something totally unexpected.

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    @zamora_spin. So glad to hear you're feeling better! :)