April 2018 Moms
Options

Appointments - Week of 12/4

What’s going on for this week?  

Me (33). DH (37). DD (2.2012). MCs x4. After 4 years & 7 months, due 4.2018!

Re: Appointments - Week of 12/4

• Options
    I see my midwife tomorrow. Nothing exciting going on, so it will mostly be a 10min measure the belly/listen to the baby appointment. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Regular appointment tomorrow. Looking forward to it though bc I’m still relying on the anti nausea medicine and the Braxton Hicks are starting to freak me out. I just want reassurance again that it’s normal. I know it is but it’s nice to hear it from a medical professional haha.
  • Options
    Another cervix check on Thursday. I was feeling slightly crappy last night, so I decided I was going to take a day and just stay home. Hoping a full day off my feet will give me a leg up on Thursdays measurement. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @keeksie84 Mine thought that DS was going to be a 10 pounder and ended up being 8lb 14oz! The OB said that I needed to do a "trial of labor" which I assume meant try and see if he would be born vaginally before they would consider doing a c-section. I would ask your OB at an appointment and see what they say. For what it's worth, I only had 3 stitches with DS while my cousin ended up needing a c-section because her pelvis was too small for the baby and her son was only 6 pounds.
  • Options
    @scuba_chic - FX for a good appointment for you.  Also, a bit jealous of a day off.  I realize it's not under the best pretenses, but I hope you can enjoy it!
  • Options
    I have a Dr. appointment on 12/7. This will be our first time talking with the Dr. about our anatomy scan, so we will hopefully talk about the marginal chord insertion and hope that there weren't any other findings. I think at this point if there was anything major, my Dr. would of called to discuss over the phone, but I still have a ton of questions I want answered about this condition. 
  • Options
    Monthly appointment Thursday with OB, also to go over our A/S. Had it on Nov 17 so it's been a little while!
  • Options
    @keeksie84 don't obsess over baby's size!  If both you and your husband were large babies, then that means you have good genes on both sides for capacity to deliver large babies.  And don't let a sizing scan later on shake you.  Doctors always size up during those scans, and babies rarely are born at the weight that is predicted.

I personally had a 10lb 3oz baby, and I ended up with a smooth delivery and only 3 stitches.  If your family doesn't have a history of narrow pelvices and difficult births, even large babies aren't a source of worry.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Anatomy scan on Thursday! Cannot wait!

echoing @peppersmith22 @ngolimento thoughts on baby size... DS was 9.3 and I was induced on his due date because they judged with my pelvis size and his estimated size my chances of vaginally delivery went down with each day. I’m glad we induced even though it was a really tough decision at the time! I did deliver vaginally and had an episiotomy to help him out. I know my Ob wanted me to try vaginal no matter what unless ultrasound estimated 12 pounds- only at that point would they offer elective CS. 
  • Options
    I think 3 stitches is the magic number @ngolimento
  • Options
    @rach-j my DD had one enlarged kidney at 20 weeks and again at a confirmation ultrasound a few weeks later. But by 30 something weeks when we went back to have them checked again, the kidney was within the normal range. They said that it resolves itself like that a lot. Hoping for a similar outcome for you!
  • Options
    @rmmorris That's good to hear, thanks! Hope it's the same for us
  • Options
    My appointment was lousy. She had to do a pap to check on the additional discharge I’ve been experiencing (turns out it’s bacterial vaginosis), a cervical check for my increase in Braxton Hicks (thankfully no dilation) and after reviewing my 20 week scan I’m now on pelvic rest due to a very slight case of previa. Although the high risk doctor did not place any restrictions on it and planned on checking it in 8 weeks. Then I googled BV and even though it’s common it can cause preterm issues. 
  • Options
    @rach-j FX that the kidney goes down to normal size and everything resolves quickly!

@btm013 I'm sorry your appt didn't go as well as you wanted.  You might want to clarify with your high risk doc about pelvic rest.  I had slight previa with my last kiddo, and nobody told me to stop boning my DH.  I wonder if it is just an overabundance of caution.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Had my regular apt yesterday. Felt like I asked way too many questions but then I forgot some too. DH is making me call back to ask if I can fly this month even though I know I can....

sorry to hear that some apts didn’t go well :( 
  • Options
    I think there are a few anatomy scans today - good luck everyone!

@btm013 - pap and cervical check, that’s never a great day :( Also sorry you’re on bed rest. Definitely ask the high risk doc for his opinion too. Do the 2 docs talk/collaborate? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    U/S with MFM tomorrow afternoon. I love getting to see this baby so often but these long appts aren't fun with littles with me. Hopefully it won't be three hours like my last time with MFM. 
  • Options
    @scuba_chic That’s awesome! I live just outside of Buffalo, NY so snow is a way of life here. But it seriously does seem magical when it starts every year. I get giddy and excited every year. The excitement usually wears off pretty quickly but it’s always there! Does it stick around or melt quickly?

Me (33). DH (37). DD (2.2012). MCs x4. After 4 years & 7 months, due 4.2018!

• Options
    @scuba_chic Thats great news! Im sure it is a huge relief! We got a little snow in Houston too, but not as much as yall. My boy friend, dog, and I bundled up and frolicked in it at midnight because it NEvER snows in south Texas! 
  • Options
    @mattel It melted within 24 hours :( Our temps fluctuate too much here.  The ground was already warm from temps in the 70's and 80's just days before and today its back up to the 70's haha.  
    Pregnancy Ticker