April 2018 Moms
Options

GTKY

2»

Re: GTKY

• Options
    @angiek1 I want a pop up camper so bad!! We almost bought a used one this year, but we figured we won't be camping much next year. Maybe someday...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @irenejean We got it on Craigslist. It is an older one, but the basics were in great shape. My H refurbished it and updated the interior. We are hoping to take it out this summer now that its been redone. It'll be interesting to see how the baby does.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @angiek1 we were gifted a all but brand new rv from family friends because they simply didn't use it and a couple things need literally minor repair (awning and one pipe for the bathroom).  We share it with friends and its been so fun to use.  We did a 5 day trip to NH with DD and plan to do a trip or two next summer!  I was against it but it makes for a totally different experience and i'm not complaining!  We actually tent camped with DD after we RV camped and she love the tent too!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'd love to own a camper some day. Part of me thinks I enjoy tent camping but then the part of me that knows me better knows I'd love camper camping  :D:D

DS: EDD, December 19th, 2014. Born, December 19th, 2014!
    DD: EDD, July 18th, 2016. Born, July 19th, 2016!
    CafeMom Tickers

Baby #3: EDD, April 16th, 2016
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ladythrice I won't lie...I was pregnant when we went and getting up and using the bathroom in the camper instead of going outside in the woods/walking to the bathroom on camp grounds in the middle of the night was worth every bit of it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @kmalls BAHAHAHAHAHA

CafeMom Tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Wow so many amazing stories about traveling!!! Last year my BF and I left on Christmas to explore England, first stop was London for one week with his moms side of the family. Then for New Years we went to Scotland for their NYE event called Hogmanay that was absolutely phenomenal if you ever get the chance to go. Our last week we headed back to London to visit his dads side. Side not getting on the "tube" or as we from New England call it the "T" I was pushed aside by some gentleman as I was loading my luggage on and my BF had my purse with my wallet/phone in it and the doors shut. There I was standing alone with no phone, no wallet in a foreign country trying to keep my cool and not freak out that my BF was headed 30 minutes away and I sat and waited for him to come back.
  • Options
    @kmalls preach!  The only camping I ever did was just two nights fully kitted out on a full facilities camp ground.  Even that was like "ok, did it, let's gtfo!"
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I love camping/hiking! We already have one of those hiking backpacks that also holds an older baby or toddler all picked out! But I have a feeling it will be quite a different experience than my ftm idealized picture hah
  • Options
    @kmalls preach!  The only camping I ever did was just two nights fully kitted out on a full facilities camp ground.  Even that was like "ok, did it, let's gtfo!"
    Ha, yeah, @ngolimento I’m more of a “Westin-with-a-Heavenly-bed” type of gal ;)
  • Options
    Thanks @julzy for the suggestion. I looked into it a few months ago and didn't find my city, but you inspired me to look again. Tonight I saw a note about the city includes cities in a 60 mile radius which means I can join one.
  • Options
    @luna8433 I highly recommend buying a cheap one off CL or Facebook Marketplace and fixing it up if you have space and time to do so. We saved thousands of dollars doing our refurb. I always thought we would have to spend over $5K to get a pop-up camper and so far we have invested under $1,100. I'm spoiled that my H is very handy and that I can sew. Sounds like your sister would be a great resource! 
  • Options
    @kmalls I’m with you on the camping!! I went a couple times in my teens when my mom started dating my now stepdad and I wasn’t a huge fan but it was tolerable. Thinking of being the parent in that situation and not with my stepdad who knows how to do all the camping things like building fires and tents and shit? All of the nopes. Already told my H I will not be camping and he can take the kids himself while I stay home on the couch for the weekend #noshame
    Me: 31  DH: 32
    Married: 10/3/15 
    TTC: May 2017
    BFP: 7/20/17
    EDD: 3/29/18
  • Options
    ladythriceladythrice member
    edited December 2017
    julzy said:
    I love this thread. So many interesting stories!

Camping is literally my worst nightmare. I love hiking but camping is where I draw the line! Kudos to those of you who love it. For those of you who like to hike— try to find a Hike it Baby group in your area! It’s so fun and I’ve made a lot of great Mom friends! 

I love to travel and we travel often. DS who is 2 1/2 has been on close to 50 flights already... 

Not travel related but still kind of travel related, I’m a dual citizen of Italy and the US. 
    @Julzy DAMN woman! That's impressive!! I was proud of the ONE time we wrangled our kids on a NONSTOP flight from the midwest to CA and back again  :D

CafeMom Tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Always a fun one... I have never eaten a PB&J and never intend to. (Not because of a nut allergy)

I was once “kidnapped” and thank goodness it was before the age of social media. My uncle was babysitting me while I was home sick for the day because my parents went to my brother’s preschool graduation. Well he was half asleep on the couch and also schizophrenic (he’s medicated, no worries about my safety  :p ) and happened to hear my family come in to take me out to lunch with them. When we got home, we arrived to the entire police force in my driveway. He said he heard someone saying that “we’re taking her” and “don’t come looking.” So he panicked and thought I was kidnapped, but my parents had me the whole time. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @tooraloorah oh my gosh, your poor uncle!! Im glad he was able to do the right thing in that time! How terrifying for him though! 
  • Options
    @angiek1 thanks for the suggestion, it will be a few years before we can buy anything. My sister minored in college in interior design, so she would be a go to. 
  • Options
    I used to dance competitively as a child/teen. I have performed at random places throughout the US including Epcot Center at Disney which as a kid was basically like Hollywood
  • Options
    In college I worked as a hotel babysiter. One of our clients was the Chicago Cubs. During baseball games I would go to Wrigley field and watch their children while they played.
  • Options
    @BarefootContessa I cant believe you had taxidermy class in highschool, that is SO interesting!
    ngolimento  holy buckets, 450lbs is INSANE for squat. I was in competitive powerlifting in high school, nothing too serious. I did get 2nd at state, but I only squatted 225 lbs I was at 114 pounds tho. It was all by coefficient, instead of having weight classes because there were so few.

So I guess that would be my interesting fact about me, I was in powerlifting, and I am 4'10"1/2 ;) which is usually shocking to people.  
  • Options
    @itsrandiyo wow that is really awesome!  Like I said, I can't really claim any credit for being impressive because it's just genes.  I'm a 6 foot monster of a lady.  I've always joked with my 6 ft 4 inch husband that we should just make an NFL linebacker kid together and that would be our retirement plan.  Jokes on us because we are making nothing but girls :p.

My poor DD1 is clearly taking after me.  She is the size of a 4 to 5 year old at 2 and 1/2.  Everyone tries to chat her up and she's all "aaah, I don't speak in complete sentences yet!".
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    WOW! We have some really accomplished ladies!

I was super lucky, my parents were all about travel and willing to travel with very young children. We spent all summer visiting family back in France and Switzerland, which was amazing. My husband barely traveled internationally when I met him, but in our first year dating, I got him to go to France, Morocco and Costa Rica. We honeymooned on safari in Botswana and Zimbabwe. My favorite places I've been to are Bhutan, Cuba, India, and Nicaragua. I was kind of disappointed by Fiji and Portugal. 

My parents always said they spent money on memories and not things and I've always loved that. I hope I will be as courageous in traveling with young kids as they were. 
  • Options
    ngolimento  oh goodness, its still impressive tho!! haha my DD is actually average height if not taller for her age, so I have no idea where she got that from.
  • Options
    @nmtay that is beautiful. I tried making my junior prom dress. It was okay, but I didn't love it.
  • Options
    @nmtay Oh my gosh that dress is stunning! 
  • Options
    I haven’t really travelled much. In 2010 I went to India for a month and worked in a leprosy camp, handed out food to street people, worked in an orphanage....it was an amazing experience.

hubby and I are obsessed with Disney World...I’ve been 4 times and hubby and I went for the first time together last month. I totally realize how gimmicky it is and the food isn’t even that good but there’s just something about it...we’re obsessed. I would go every year and never travel anywhere else again and be totally fine with that.  
    Me: 27 // DH: 30 
    Married 05/21/2011
    TTC Since Feb 2016
    RE: Dec 2016 Dx: PCOS
    5 rounds of Letrozole 5mg + Ovidrel + TI 
    BFP!!!! June 2017 // EDD: 04/01/2018
    IT'S A BOY!

• Options
    luna8433luna8433 member
    edited December 2017
    @vintageandrea90 you might be jealous but I worked at Disney World after my freshman year of college. I got to go to all the parks for free while I was there.
  • Options
    luna8433 said:
    @vintageandrea90 you might be jealous but I worked at Disney World after my freshman year of college. I got to go to all the parks for free while I was there.
    Amazing! I would love that, except for the fear of it all getting old for me.
    Me: 27 // DH: 30 
    Married 05/21/2011
    TTC Since Feb 2016
    RE: Dec 2016 Dx: PCOS
    5 rounds of Letrozole 5mg + Ovidrel + TI 
    BFP!!!! June 2017 // EDD: 04/01/2018
    IT'S A BOY!

• Options
    @nmtay, LOVE!

CafeMom Tickers

Pregnancy Ticker