July 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms, Part 2 (11/29)

Re: Weekly Randoms, Part 2 (11/29)

• Options
    @jbosch30 I'm glad you bought it! That's a cute idea to surprise your kids!

@lindsayleigh1989 hugs! sorry you've had a rough couple days dealing with all this. hopefully as time goes on this BMB is just what you need! And for better days ahead!

@acunamatada I've got a stack of cute pink undies and a giant box of pull ups sitting on my counter lol. I hate the idea of potty training so I haven't wanted to get started but I have all the stuff so I must! good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    stillcozystillcozy member
    edited November 2017
    @jbosch30 that sounds like a great deal I agree I would go ahead and buy it if you love it :) sometimes it is nice to spread out bigger purchases 

just saw you got it yay!! also I lovr amazon it is addicting!
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    we got our new tv yesterday. our first bigger purchase for our new home and our previous was pretty old. the colors are so bright!! bahah we both cant stop watching it haha 

• Options
    @WorkinWeezelLOL. He wishes! It's so simple in their minds. I bet it'll be so nice when he takes a nap or sleeps extra tonight and actually feels refreshed again!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ::eats giant plate of Indian food for lunch::

::immediately regrets::

::begins miserably forcing down a ginger snap::
  • Options
    @beanship That was me and the double chocolate doughnut I just HAD to have like my life depended on it. 
    Ziggy       <3 07/2018-08/2018 <3
    Micah      <3 10/2015
    #recurrentpregnancylossawareness
  • Options
    ashbub714ashbub714 member
    edited November 2017
    jbosch30 said:
    My random- is I found the crib I want on Amazon for only 109 dollars... and I am trying not to buy it....  I learned from my first pregnancy to not "waste" money on all the "fancy" stuff- it is yellow.... and has 5 stars.... I am trying to wait until 13 weeks  to buy- (because we all know we are in the mostly safe stage then)  

My husband has even seen the crib and says he likes it.... now to just have willpower...
    I say buy it! It’s not expensive and you both agree on it!

Edited : just saw you bought it! Yay! This is what I get for not reading through the rest of the thread before commenting. 
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    @Sarafuss I've never heard of the website, but didn't want you to feel ignored. :)

ETA is Hire my mom .com still a thing? I remember finding that years ago and they specialized in hooking up moms with remote and freelance positions that could be done by phone/computer. A lot of editing, copywrighting, and office managing, but I think there was a variety. 
  • Options
    I just went back to look for a post earlier in this thread and noticed I tagged my own self in a response rather than tagging @christycalifornia. What a tool.
  • Options
    @Sarafuss what kind of work are you looking for? The availability of flex positions varies drastically depending on industry and type of work you are looking to do.
  • Options
    @christycalifornia I've never heard of that site but I'll look it up!
    @amylu914 Most of my experience is in the legal field as a paralegal/administrative work.  
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @amylu914 haha don't worry, I saw it!
  • Options
    jbosch30 said:
    My random- is I found the crib I want on Amazon for only 109 dollars... and I am trying not to buy it....  I learned from my first pregnancy to not "waste" money on all the "fancy" stuff- it is yellow.... and has 5 stars.... I am trying to wait until 13 weeks  to buy- (because we all know we are in the mostly safe stage then)  

My husband has even seen the crib and says he likes it.... now to just have willpower...
    I would buy it. DDs crib was the first thing I bought because I knew exactly what I wanted and it was a Black Friday deal. 
  • Options
    jbosch30 said:

Meh, I'd go ahead and buy it. It's not expensive and you both love it. 
    Same, esp if it's returnable, God forbid
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @jbosch30 There is a chance I may have been looking at that same crib but in grey ha ha. It's definitely a good price so I wouldn't feel too guilty about it.
    Me: 32 DH:33
    Married 9/2015
    TTC #1 6/2016
    BFP: 4/21/2017 - CP
    Dx Unexplained IF 6/2017
    Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI 7/2017 - Cancelled (overstimulated)
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI #1 - BFN
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI #2 -BFN
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI#3 - BFP! EDD July 15 2018
    Baby Girl H - July 22 2018

• Options
    amylu914 said:
    @christycalifornia I just saw that in n out is set to open 50 restaraunts in Colorado and I immediately thought of you! 

Stuck in quote! 
    Hope this isn’t a joke!!! Miss In n Out!!!
  • Options
    @wildtot I don't think it's a joke. It's being reported on the news and is in our newspaper in CA! 
  • Options
    @Sarafuss I hope someone answers you about flexjobs I have been wondering too! Someone either on another thread here or my Facebook feed recently mentioned upwork.com...for freelancers. It has admin work on their as well as other stuff. You write your experience and what you are looking for and what you want to get paid. Upwork takes 20% of your fee. But might be a good way to be flexible you can pick and choose jobs?
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 We upgraded to a flat screen about 3 years ago and were ::::wwhooooaaaaaaaa:::::ing everything that we watched.   Technology sure changes quickly.  Enjoy the TV! 

Son-10.5
    Son-4
    Daughter-2
    #4- EDD July 14

• Options
    @TheQuietThings seriously! it is being wall mounted right now while I am at work and ahhh so excited to go home and watch netflix haha 

• Options
    amylu914 said:
    @wildtot I don't think it's a joke. It's being reported on the news and is in our newspaper in CA! 
    Omg i just saw the news preview about it!!! It is true :smiley:
  • Options
    i want in n out here :( it is so good! 

• Options
    edited December 2017
    @amylu914 WHAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTT?!?!?!?!? OMG I’ve had the worst day and you just made my LYYYYFFEEE!!!!!!!!!!! <3<3<3 I don’t have enough characters or emojis to express my elation right now. :D
  • Options
    @christycalifornia Dh said they are suppose to be in the springs area...well if that’s true he better start getting use to driving 1.5 for it!
  • Options
    @wildtot I'd totally drive for it! But I just read and they're putting their distribution center in Colorado Springs. They haven't announced any locations or a timeline, but said the center could support up to 50 restaurants in a 350 mile radius. There's no WAY one won't be closer!!! I only wish I could wait that long, I want them NOW. That and a dirty martini. I want both. 
  • Options
    @christycalifornia glad that i could be the bearer of such glorious news!
  • Options
    morethanamamamorethanamama member
    edited December 2017
    @Sarafuss I work from home as a project manager but it was pure luck. I hated my job so I started applying to everything under the sun even out of state asking people if they would accept remote employees and I found a great company! Upwork could be a great place to start from. Depending on your field though, linkedin can also be good. I do see some remote positions being posted pretty often.

Random craving of the week: fries with mayo. I don't even eat mayo usually!! I'm already excited about going to this Belgian bistro with a friend in two weeks because they have amazing fries there. Lol.

Also, I was reading somewhere "try having 6 small meals per day" - unfortunately for me I think it's more like 8!
  • Options
    Just catching up on this thread. I feel like I missed a ton!

@amylu914 that is so frustrating about your boss. I have you gotten a chance to talk with her any further yet?

@lindsayleigh1989 I feel like I have gotten lots of support from you, and I appreciate that snark and adherence to organization. I hope you are also finding the support you need-both here and IRL. 

@blair_krank I was thinking the same thing!!!  :D
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options
    @stlmegs I did talk to her yestetdat and she was very understanding. We came to a resolution where one of my direct reports will run the project and I will be her mentor/support. I was hoping my team would be out of it all together but I'll take the compromise. Thanks for asking! 
  • Options
    @coco2787 my 3.5yo DD replaces words in songs and stories with either "butt" or "poop" all the time and cracks herself up. We laugh too eventually which doesn't help haha

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    @amylu914 that sounds like a pretty good resolution.  Sounds like she really respects you, which is super awesome! 
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options
    @amylu914  Sorry to hear about the stressful work situation.  But with the trade show in Paris right before you're due, could you even make that trip if you wanted to take the chance?  I'm thinking about airline rules for flying in late pregnancy.  I may be misremembering, but I thought the cutoff was typically by 36 weeks or so, meaning it isn't even just you deciding you don't think it's a good idea, but that no airline's going to be willing to transport you.  

Just thinking aloud in case you want an alternate way to handle the decline, e.g. "I'm so grateful you thought of me and this is an opportunity I'd love, but I don't want to take on a project knowing I wouldn't be allowed to fly past 36 weeks, leaving me unable to see it through."  
  • Options
    @thatsmrspandatoyou all very good points, but the project point person doesn't actually go to the air show so we would be running things from back here in the states. Still a pain, because of the time difference but at least no air travel. The person who handled it last year was up at 2am trying to track down a gluten free caterer who didn't show  :| 
  • Options
    amylu914 said:
    @thatsmrspandatoyou all very good points, but the project point person doesn't actually go to the air show so we would be running things from back here in the states. Still a pain, because of the time difference but at least no air travel. The person who handled it last year was up at 2am trying to track down a gluten free caterer who didn't show  :| 
    Yeah... no thanks. Not when I’m a million weeks pregnant (or with a newborn)