February 2018 Moms

31 weeks EDD end of January - Feb 4

31 weeks!
2) How are you feeling? 
3) Any appointments this week? 
4) Rants/Raves/Questions? 
5) GTKY: What do you want to accomplish this week?
BabyFruit Ticker
older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 

Re: 31 weeks EDD end of January - Feb 4

• 2. Stairs suck.  I asked the Dr.  About it Today but he never got around to answering due to the med student in the room getting confused and telling him i was having contractions and needed to go upstairs (upstairs is apparently code for l&d)  instead of dating that i was verging some Braxton hicks contractions. 

3. My appointment was today.  I had an ultrasound followed by a Drs appointment.  the ultra sound i believe said everything was good,  and baby was healthy (i have to wait 2 days for the official Drs.  Report) but apparently my due date was changed to 1/31 and no one ever told me? And baby is 3lbs. 10oz. Which is big for 31 weeks i was told. 
     Today's Dr. was very confused why i was sent for an ultra sound,  and said i shouldn't have gone until 36 weeks.  Apparently i get 3? So now i don't know what's going to happen a different Dr.  ordered it for 30 weeks.  This is one of the many reasons I hate that I am required to see different Drs at every appointment.
      I'm also measuring at 34 weeks now and a med student accompanied the Dr. Today and it was very odd. I'm hoping to see this Dr. at least every other time from now on because he is really the only one that is helpful or that seems  doctory to me (is that a word?)

4. I think #3 counts for this.  But any one have any ideas on how to navigate steps or stairs without pain? I literally cannot get in or out of my house with out 2 or more steps and once inside can't even go to the bathroom with out one (really old weird farmhouse) and it hurts so much to go up and down them 1/2 of the time. 

5. Really hoping to finish the dining room drywall so i can move on with everything else that needs to get done and get a tree Sunday (1st advent!)
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • 2) Still doing just fine over here. 12 hr shifts are becoming harder, but luckily I have the best co-workers in the world.

3) Had my 30wk check in with midwife today (even though I am 31 weeks tomorrow) and we have our hopefully last appt with the Perinatologist tomorrow. FX for a perfect growth scan.

4) Nothin 

5) Hoping to hang curtains in our room an the nursery before the end of the weekend...i might just go do that right now.

@mamaof5already i don’t have too many suggestions in the way of aches and pains with ambulating stairs. Have you considered seeing a chiropractor? I have had a few other moms mention how beneficial it was for them.
  • Loading the player...
  • 2)  Feeling pretty good still.  Tired mostly.  Trying to get over yet another "cold".  This is the 2nd one in less than a month!  I'm very much over it at this point.  

3)  I am currently on weekly appointments and will transition to twice weekly starting the week of the 11th.  (I'm high risk).  My appointment was on Tuesday and was uneventful (yay!).  My next appt is 12/07/17 and I have another US scheduled.  

4) None really :)  Feeling quite moody and clingy lately.  Looking forward to the weekend, when I can spend more time with the hubs.

5) I'd like to get the nursery finished soon.  We have all the furniture and such in, but need to hang up things and finish washing the mountain of clothes she has already acquired!

@mamaof5already - I have back pain frequently, which radiates into hips/legs sometimes.  I have seen a chiropractor which really helped.  Also helps when SO can concentrate on rubbing those areas.  Hope you find relief soon!
  • 31 weeks!
    2) How are you feeling? Feeling hungry!! But then I eat two bites and I’m full. Also struggling with eating meals instead of snacking so I can get my GD testing in. 

3) Any appointments this week? I had a growth scan today to follow up on placenta previa. Placenta moved up and I’m good to go for vaginal birth!!

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? In preparation for possible complications with placenta previa before the holidays... I have all of our Christmas shopping done!! Now with the good news that it moved I can really relax and enjoy these final weeks. 

This was the first full week of winter sports for 3 out of 4 of the kids. It went really smooth. Goals for this weekend is to keep them healthy. One kid woke up puking this morning. He’s 8 and I’m hoping I’ve kept him quarantined from the others well enough. 
  • Kinda late on this, my bad. But still within the time frame :-)

2) How are you feeling?  Pretty good though seriously the RLP when I wake up and move can go away now please!

3) Any appointments this week? I had 2 on Friday, things looking and measuring well. Had to increase my meds for GD though, so hopefully they help.

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? We went to NY this weekend and walked everywhere. Far more than I do on any given day, and my legs and core and RLP/lightning crotch were SO hurting by the end of the day. I think that's our last trip for a while, but so glad we did it. Got some pretty pics in front of the Rockefeller tree! 

Sort through the hand me down baby clothes, order the crib mattress, start on Christmas cards!
  • msunshine123msunshine123 member
    edited December 2017
    31 weeks!
    sorry late this week
    2) How are you feeling? 
    Tired, pregnancy insomnia, leg cramps at night. 
    3) Any appointments this week? No - appointment is Monday 
    4) Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    Working on sorting through baby clothes to figure out what can be used for this LO from our other 2. Won't all be done, but slow and steady over next few days/ weeks. 
    @mamaof5already the pain with stairs is it in your groin region? If it is pubic symphysis pain the support belt may help. I got one. Also going up steps one at a time with both feet on each step may help - good luck!
    edited: darn autocorrect