July 2018 Moms

Board Organization Poll

2»

Re: Board Organization Poll

• I feel like I need a note pad to be able to read the long threads. I hate them personally. I feel like there is no way to actually form any relationships. The smaller ones are easier to respond to and have conversations. Plus all the rules are a huge turn off for me. In my previous bmb we didn't have all these rules but still had weekly gtky post and such. I still talk to many of those ladies 6 years later.
  • I thought my March 2014 board was super rule-y and organized but I have to say it pales in comparison to this bmb. Not saying it’s good or bad, but I think people in m14 felt comfortable posting new threads. And I think it really did help us all get to know each other. Now granted it wasn’t rehashing of “I’m puking today” or “my boobs hurt”, but maybe we were lucky that most people had common sense and knew to search before posting. Me, I prefer separate convos bc there isn’t soooooo much to catch up on and I can just scroll past threads I’m not interested in. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • also ive found great community here so far so no it is not impossible and a lot of time its taking the time to jump in i dont think it is necessary to read every single post in the randoms i dont. but i skim and when I see something I want to comment on I go ahead snd comment and then keep skimming
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• honestly if people hate rules and they are a turn off than why not look for a community less structured? 
    1) Is this directed at me? 
    2) who made these rules? Are they part of the bump terms of service? Was this part of the bump drama that went down after our bomb from m14 migrated to Facebook? 
    3) I don’t think someone should be forced to abdicate membership to a board because they don’t like the rules with origins unknown. I think it’s healthy for a board to discuss rules and determine what kind of board they want, as a group...which I’m guessing is the reason for the poll.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • honestly if people hate rules and they are a turn off than why not look for a community less structured? 
    2) who made these rules? Are they part of the bump terms of service? Was this part of the bump drama that went down after our bomb from m14 migrated to Facebook? 
    3) I don’t think someone should be forced to abdicate membership to a board because they don’t like the rules with origins unknown. I think it’s healthy for a board to discuss rules and determine what kind of board they want, as a group...which I’m guessing is the reason for the poll.
    spare me this isnt about your last bmb or you its about the fact that nothing ridiculous is being asked of people and no structure isnt rules and yer people continue to complain there are oh so many rules.  

• I'm also finding the rules a turn-off. I voted for less structure. Posts that get ignored drop off to the bottom as more active threads are updated. The huge threads now could be broken up. I mean, it's kind of telling that women who have been on other TB boards (and it's spin-offs) are like this is a bit much. 

For example, someone wanted to start a thread about outfits, which I feel is a pretty general post and she was told to keep it in randoms, where there are a ton of different conversations going. Then someone else posted a thread about small business shopping which I could have argued it could fit in randoms. The rules for what goes where feel arbitrary.

So yes, maybe us ladies who want more freedom to enjoy this board should just go somewhere else but whats the point of that? What kind of community does this become?

But do whatever you want. This board is now owned by those who choose to spend the time to play board police.

Flame away! Just my 0.02 cents since you asked!

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
    spare me this isnt about your last bmb or you its about the fact that nothing ridiculous is being asked of people and no structure isnt rules and yer people continue to complain there are oh so many rules.  
    I’m not sure why you are so bent out of shape over this @lindsayleigh1989 ...the original board organization post says, verbatim:

“I've copy/pasted this from previous boards, and it seems to be the way that they are all organized, but of course we should feel free to tweak for our needs!”

and I agree that we as a board should feel free to discuss and tweak as the majority feels is sufficient.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @flockofmoosen3 that's cute name calling is very mature. also if you ever read those thread we also answered the question too for the person and never gave them snark or anything. but what do I know im only the board police. Apparently you missed all the support we lend people as well but that's okay you go ahead and pick and choose what you want to observe

• Unless they are planning on creating a 2nd July bmb, this is the board we have. It is not "The bump" making these rules. The member are and as the members we have a right to say what we like and don't. Many of us prefer not to have a Type A board, and prefer a more free flow board. It is my opinion and experience from other boards, that having such strict rules and structure will only cause more problem than organization. I plan to comment on threads I'm interested in and create new ones when I please. If you don't like it, don't read them and stick to your regularly scheduled programming. 
  • because a lot of good progress was made today about opening more threads and having more
    frequent randoms and such and yet people still are complaining. that is why im frustrated people were compromising and yet we are told its still a turn off and not enough. so yeah thats frustrating

• Shall we bring it back to the poll.. In which the majority voted to keep a more structured system...
    We were making compromises and positive changes. 
    Bottom line is you can't please everyone, but we don't have to resort to acting like this.  
  • Unless they are planning on creating a 2nd July bmb, this is the board we have. It is not "The bump" making these rules. The member are and as the members we have a right to say what we like and don't. Many of us prefer not to have a Type A board, and prefer a more free flow board. It is my opinion and experience from other boards, that having such strict rules and structure will only cause more problem than organization. I plan to comment on threads I'm interested in and create new ones when I please. If you don't like it, don't read them and stick to your regularly scheduled programming. 
    qfp

• I'm also finding the rules a turn-off. I voted for less structure. Posts that get ignored drop off to the bottom as more active threads are updated. The huge threads now could be broken up. I mean, it's kind of telling that women who have been on other TB boards (and it's spin-offs) are like this is a bit much. 

For example, someone wanted to start a thread about outfits, which I feel is a pretty general post and she was told to keep it in randoms, where there are a ton of different conversations going. Then someone else posted a thread about small business shopping which I could have argued it could fit in randoms. The rules for what goes where feel arbitrary.

So yes, maybe us ladies who want more freedom to enjoy this board should just go somewhere else but whats the point of that? What kind of community does this become?

But do whatever you want. This board is now owned by those who choose to spend the time to play board police.

Flame away! Just my 0.02 cents since you asked!
    qfp

• April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

qfp
    Lol. Let the pettiness begin. I don't miss this about these boards.
  • so why am i the only that gets called out? why do people who are literallh stirring the pot get a pass? 

• The primary issue was single topic threads, which was majority voted out and yet.....
  • there has never ever been an issue when a known and active participant has started a thread. when people who don't off support, havent even participated in the community or post ss posts (self serving ) they have been answered polity and redirected to a different spot.   no one has ever had an issue with GTKY or fun threads either so people acting as if there are crazh rules are being ridiculous. plenty of compromises hve been made but to have people spit in the face of the majority decision is giving the board a big middle
    finger and yes I have issue with that

• zombiehoohaazombiehoohaa member
    edited November 2017
    lindsayleigh1989 Good question...I can only speak for myself. People are going to stir the pot no matter what, whether intentional or not. I didn't call you out to make you feel shitty or bad. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• lindsayleigh1989 Good question...I can only speak for myself. People are going to stir the pot no matter what, whether intentional or not. I didn't call you out to make you feel shitty or bad. 
    Zombie those doggies <3
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • very good post @christycalifornia ans @zombiehoohaa thanks for clarifying also thanks for the dog hug :) 

• Wow. O to 60 pretty fast and this early. Will definitely be an interesting 9 months. 

I agree @sopranoali - M14 was a good flow conversation wise. I don’t remember there being rules per say. There were the weekly threads and occasionally we would get a SS but they were few. 

Not it sure what is going to happen with this board. We will probably find a “groove” after another couple of weeks.
  • @christycalifornia you have the BEST way with words! You are just awesome  B)
  • zombiehoohaazombiehoohaa member
    edited November 2017
    very good post @christycalifornia ans @zombiehoohaa thanks for clarifying also thanks for the dog hug :) 
    wtf, bump? It doesn't like my emoji 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker