February 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 11.27-12.2

Re: Weekly Randoms 11.27-12.2

• Options
    @SunflowerMama428 Oh no! I'm so sorry. Poor puppy!

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    @SunflowerMama428 I’m so sorry for your poor pup. Is there any indication of how long non-flare up times would be? Or maybe there are physical therapies that can ease the pain or prevent a flare up? 
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @SunflowerMama428 I’m sorry hun!  Sending puppy healing powers!
  • Options
    @SunflowerMama428 I’m am so sorry. Give her lots of hugs. I hope The meds and rest help. Dogs are so resilient. 
  • Options
    @eggplantface they said if she makes a recovery then we can talk prevention and maintenance of her condition but it’s a wait and see for the next two weeks. I have to have faith that she will get better but I’m also understanding that this is something that runs in her family so it is what it is. We can just love her and make the best decisions as we have to
  • Options
    @SunflowerMama428 prayers your puppy recovers and quickly! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @SunflowerMama428 Poor baby. Gah, hoping that the next two weeks go well for you guys. 

On the the same note as @SunflowerMama428, I took my cat to the vet today. She is now in stage 4 renal failure and anemic. We have three options: 1)continue on the same drugs we are on, and she may last less than 6 months; 2) increase meds and add 3x a week injections; 3) consider putting her down. She was an older cat when I got her, but we’ve only had her for 4 years. I can’t imaging putting her down right now just as we are going to bring a new life into the world. So needless to say, I cried my eyes out at the vet’s office by myself since DH was at work. I have such a headache from crying... I don’t want to have to make difficult decisions... :( I’m so sad... 
  • Options
    So she has a popped disc in her back. Apparently from a genetic condition that deteriorates her back. They said they can preform the $7,000 surgery but that’s not a cure all. One of their patients has had this same surgery 3 times and the last time all the dog did was sneeze and popped a disc. She will also most likely end up paralyzed in the long run from how she is responding right now So after some crying, we were given meds and told she can’t leave her crate for 2 weeks and have to use a sling to help her walk to the bathroom and she will have to live between flare ups for the rest of her life. DH and I are going to consider putting her down if her life is full of drugs and pain. We just can’t watch her go through this. She is only 5. We can’t even look at her without crying. We are going to give it our all so hopefully we don’t have to make that decision any time soon. I hate seeing DH cry. He’s such a mans man. It rips my heart out every time. 
    This has got me all teary...and NOT because I'm pregnant. I love dogs more than people some days. This breaks my heart. 
  • Options
    @SunflowerMama428 Poor baby. Gah, hoping that the next two weeks go well for you guys. 

On the the same note as @SunflowerMama428, I took my cat to the vet today. She is now in stage 4 renal failure and anemic. We have three options: 1)continue on the same drugs we are on, and she may last less than 6 months; 2) increase meds and add 3x a week injections; 3) consider putting her down. She was an older cat when I got her, but we’ve only had her for 4 years. I can’t imaging putting her down right now just as we are going to bring a new life into the world. So needless to say, I cried my eyes out at the vet’s office by myself since DH was at work. I have such a headache from crying... I don’t want to have to make difficult decisions... :( I’m so sad... 
    THIS is a sad pet day. So sorry..
  • Options
    @SunflowerMama428 so sorry to hear about your furbaby. It's heartbreaking, dogs are truly family.  Sending healing thoughts your way that your puppy recovers.

DD angel baby 10/16 <3
    Rainbow Due 02/20/18

• Options
    @jenniferjoy37 I’m so sorry! Sending you so many hugs. 4 years is a long time. The attachment is so strong. I wish you didn’t have to make this decision. I’m so sorry :( 
  • Options
    Pets are truly a part of the family. I'm so sorry to hear your pet news @jenniferjoy37 and @SunflowerMama428 :'(
  • Options
    @jenniferjoy37 I’m so so sorry. Pets are family members. You did such a noble thing by taking in an older cat. I’m sorry you have to make this decision. I hope Tonight brings you some peace.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear your cat is sick @jenniferjoy37.  It is sad pet news day  :'(
  • Options
    @SunflowerMama428 & @jenniferjoy37 So sorry to hear about your fur babies!

We had one of our cats at the vet yesterday too. He's always been a big boy, but he's been dropping weight substantially over the past 7-8 months. We had him in to see the vet this summer and nothing unusual showed up, but since then, he's lost even more weight and he's starting to get really bony. :(  They did another blood panel so we'll see if something shows up this time. He seems fine otherwise (although he's much more vocal, which is a treat at 3 am).

The next step is x-rays or ultrasound to see if there's a lump or something that isn't obvious during a physical exam. I love him to pieces but the thought of just doing random tests to try to find something they don't even know what they're looking for is stressful. It'll stress him out and it's a cost we just can't handle right now. 

• Options
    So sorry about your animals! <3
  • Options
    Can adults get croup? My baby shower is this weekend and my niece was diagnosed with croup last night, just wondering if there is anything I should be concerned about. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Can adults get croup? My baby shower is this weekend and my niece was diagnosed with croup last night, just wondering if there is anything I should be concerned about. 
    I asked my sister who is an RN about this and heres what she told me

Adults CAN catch the virus that causes Croup. It usually doesn't cause trouble breathing/the wheezing coughing bit BUT if an adult catches the Croup virus, it can cause Laryngitis. 

• Options
    @ldawngirl781 I'm sorry to hear about your cat, too.  It sounds like what happened to my cat when she was around 12.  Hopefully they find it's just your cat's thyroid, which is super common in older cats and easily treated! 
  • Options
    Croup is awful. Personally I wouldn’t risk it.  Especially if there will be any other kids at the shower… Because it’s very contagious. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @ldawngirl781 I'm sorry to hear about your cat, too.  It sounds like what happened to my cat when she was around 12.  Hopefully they find it's just your cat's thyroid, which is super common in older cats and easily treated! 

Got the call from the vet - it's not thyroid as we hoped/expected. Apparently though, one of his liver enzymes is elevated, which on its own doesn't mean anything, but she's recommending an ultrasound now to scan for any tumours/growths, which could cause that elevation. :(  I normally wouldn't even hesitate, but any extra cost is a lot to handle right now and it's such a giant question mark on if this will tell us anything or not. 
  • Options
    Ugh.  What a bad week for our furry family.  I'm sorry @ldawngirl781
  • Options

Got the call from the vet - it's not thyroid as we hoped/expected. Apparently though, one of his liver enzymes is elevated, which on its own doesn't mean anything, but she's recommending an ultrasound now to scan for any tumours/growths, which could cause that elevation. :(  I normally wouldn't even hesitate, but any extra cost is a lot to handle right now and it's such a giant question mark on if this will tell us anything or not. 
    Poor cat! I completely understand though. Your heart tugs you in one direction, and your reasoning tugs you in another. You guys will make the right decision. 
  • Options
    I'm in the waiting room before my 30 week appointment.  This cute little girl (she's probably 3) is telling her mom about why she loves banana splits.  She sold me.  Now I want a banana split lol.
    I can picture it now, "You make a compelling argument, little girl."

H has been sick with a cold all week and *knock on wood* I still don't have it. My sick leave is precious!

Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    I'm in the waiting room before my 30 week appointment.  This cute little girl (she's probably 3) is telling her mom about why she loves banana splits.  She sold me.  Now I want a banana split lol.
    I can picture it now, "You make a compelling argument, little girl."

H has been sick with a cold all week and *knock on wood* I still don't have it. My sick leave is precious!

She also talked about her love of chocolate cake.  I kind of want to be her friend.
  • Options
  • Options
    We bought our new van today! Sooner than we wanted, but it turns out I was wrong and our car seats will not fit safely 3 across in my Honda Civic. I’m so excited! Anyone else still car shopping? 
    I was the last two weeks. We went with the Nissan Armada with captain seating. I will have my two rear facing babies in the front and my other older daughters in the back. Finding a car that fit four car seats was difficult! 

Glad you found something that worked for you!

DD #1 3/26/13
    Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • Options
    That's why I had to have a third row @eggplantface.  Need room for the dogs!!
  • Options
    @eggplantface We're trying to figure out how we're going to fit three dogs and a car seat in our cars. Looking at doggie seatbelts/harnesses (which they probably should have been in anyway) to keep the little ones off the baby. 
  • Options
    hahaha Glad I'm not the only one! We use a harness/seatbelt for our pup, but she's able to move between one side and the middle. With a car seat, she's not going to be able to easily get to us for pets and that makes me sad!
  • Options
    My husband loves minivans and dreams of the day he'll get one (he's a weirdo, I know), and I jokingly asked him one day in front of friends "Have you already picked out the minivan we're getting?" And one friend flipped out, all "No way, don't get a minivan!" (this is a friend who isn't ever having kids). I thought for a minute and said "Actually, you're right, we don't need a minivan for one kid. We really need it for the dogs!" Because our dilemma right now is fitting two dogs plus car seat in a Mini Cooper Countryman. And because we love our dogs so much we're like "they'd be so much more comfortable in a minivan!"
    I'm with you on the dog dilema.  I drive a Jeep Wrangler and DH drives Mitsubusihi Outlander sport.  Once the baby comes...our dogs will no longer get car rides...no room.  SAD. I should suggest a mini van. 
  • Options
    @seitzy3 thank you! I’m glad you found something as well! That sounds like great plan. We went with the new Honda Odyssey...  I didn’t want to lift the double stroller up Into a big SUV. And the extra space is so needed for vacations/car trips. 

And yes @eggplantface!  That was part of the reason we chose the van as well… Lots of room for the dogs ( we have a lab and a German Shepherd) and they can easily jump in without scratching the outside. I think it’s hilarious your DH wants one so bad. DH and I were so set against it...  but when we went to look at it just to cross it off the list… It just made no sense to go with anything else for us 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    So I had to go to the DMV yet again because they didn't completely change my mailing address yet again & this guy sat next to me. He smelled like urine and repeatedly blew his nose into his beard. I stuck my nose in my armpit to breathe it was so bad. When he left there was a wet spot in his chair. I'm still trying not to hurl. 

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    So I had to go to the DMV yet again because they didn't completely change my mailing address yet again & this guy sat next to me. He smelled like urine and repeatedly blew his nose into his beard. I stuck my nose in my armpit to breathe it was so bad. When he left there was a wet spot in his chair. I'm still trying not to hurl.