July 2018 Moms

Weekly Randoms (w/o 11/27)

Re: Weekly Randoms (w/o 11/27)

• Breakfast is not sitting well with me, so I am sitting outside of DDs preschool trying to decide if I am going to throw up now or if I think I could make it home first. Yay Monday!
  • aw @blair_krank I'm sorry you feel gross! 

I had to take DS's diaper off during our hike because somehow it wasn't fastend correctly and the cover (it was cloth) was rubbing him and making him refuse to walk or walk like a cowboy, lol. Thankfully, no accident. ALthough I bet his butt was cold its snowing and 30 degrees out.
  • Loading the player...
  • @lucky13mama wow 8 weeks paid? That's incredible! 
  • @lucky13mama that's great! DH has 6 weeks paid paternity, I'm so thankful and excited. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm so jealous! DH will be saving a weeks vacation, then he'll take a few weeks of shorter hours/less days when he can but his work doesn't really allow for that. 
  • I've had some brown spotting last night and this morning so now my appointment next week is feeling too far away. Ugh.
  • I've had some brown spotting last night and this morning so now my appointment next week is feeling too far away. Ugh.
    Can you call and tell them you're spotting and concerned? Thay should be able to get you in sooner if something is going on.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @runsomewhere I think I'm going to try calling after work and see what they say. This is a new doctor so I'm not sure how it works there. 
  • HI all. I’m going to try and jump in more. I’m 5w today and have an appointment Thursday. So far muni symptoms have been minimal. Fingers crossed it will stay that way!

@blair_krank yay for purging! I need to do our daughters toy room. It’s terrible.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• That’s awesome @lucky13mama!! My DH has never had vacation- ever lol. It’ll be so nice to have him around right after baby!
  • @lucky13mama that’s so awesome! I don’t think my husband gets any but he hasn’t dug into it since we haven’t announced. That’s amazing that you’ll have him there with you!
  • @acciocoffee i hope they can see you soon. I’ve been spotting and cramping randomly since Friday and i called today but they still don’t seem concerned to see me sooner than December 11th. I’m hoping to get something soon anyways for next week if they get an opening. 
  • @wildtot I hope they can get you in earlier. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @blair_krank that's how I feel about my decision to bring in all the Christmas boxes. I opened half of them and all the decorations are now spread on the dining room table and I'm lying on the couch. 
  • @lucky13mama that’s awesome that he has 8 weeks paid. I’m pretty sure DH and I both don’t get any paid time (other than if we use sick or vacation days), so I’m kind of bummed about that. 

@acciocoffee from my understanding, brown spotting can be completely normal and nothing to worry about, so hopefully it’s nothing for you. If you’re concerned, definitely give your dr a call and see if they could see you sooner. 

DH and I got into a fight right before bed last night about the stupid cat’s litter box. DH is not a fan of the cat (long story), so he is not happy that he has to do the litter scooping while I’m pregnant. I got mad last night because the litter box was really full, and when I asked him to scoop it he said “tomorrow”. I know I probably overreacted, but I just got really pissed that I have to ask him every time to do it, and he can’t just do it without complaining. And now he’s pissed at me for reacting the way that I did.  Sorry for the rant, I just needed to vent somewhere. :angry:
  • @lucky13mama that is so wonderful!! 

@blair_krank i feel you i hate the "how long can I make it until I blow" game
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @pumpkinpancake Tell him you'd happily trade places with him: he can carry the baby, you can scoop the litter. 

• @blair_krank i feel you i hate the "how long can I make it until I blow" game
    FTR, I did not throw up in the preschool parking lot. I drove home with the windows down and I think the fresh air cured me in the moment. 
  • Ok, thought I'd move the talk about the poll to this week's thread. Here is what I have considered as the poll body, and the two options. I just wanna make sure it gets to the gist of where our two camps are before I post it! So, if you think it works, just love tit me, and if you have a suggestion, bring it. I'll post the actual poll later tonight!

I do think this is important to people, even if some think its silly that I am going this far. I know BMBs have been real support groups for me and others and I just want to make sure that most of the people in the community are happy with how the board is organized and able to get/receive support in a particular way.
    #crazyboardnazinumbertwo #notthisorganizedinreallife #democracy

Poll in spoiler

Let's make an attempt at figuring out where people's preferences lie when it comes to board organization. I only put black and white options because we are kind of in the middle now, so if most people voted "don't care" or "whatever i wrote as an in between option" we'd all still be wondering what to do! Please note to vote your preference, if you truly don't care either way that's fine but which way would you prefer? I think people have been very respectful in guiding the one-off posts, so I have every reason to believe that would continue. Here are some further explanations of the options as I see them:
    Option 1-Special subject threads would still be allowed if a lot of people have confirmed interest and there is NO OTHER THREAD FOR IT. For example: no questions outside the questions thread, no symptoms outside the symptoms thread, and randoms go in randoms. If you don't want to open something up to the board, you could try your due date check in, STM or FTM check ins, etc. We can always add weekly check ins for things so people interested in those topics can find them (what are you reading, vbac/no med/csection birth, etc.), and have appropriate single topic threads (Recipes for the holidays, GTKY, etc.). 
    Option 2- Special Snowflake threads from randoms who don't participate will still be rightly (and respectfully) directed to the correct board or, if necessary, reported. Otherwise, participating regulars can just post questions and threads at will, assuming a general interest by pregnant women or the board.
    Here are the poll options:
    1. Single topic threads should not be started if there is a weekly thread designated for such a topic.
    2. I prefer being allowed to post my questions and single topic threads directly to the board, even if there is a designated space for the topic itself. 

• anyone else going to do the NT scan? 

Yup, did it last time around 12 weeks. Isn't that test the norm?
    BabyFruit Ticker
    I plan on it. I as it done around 12 wks as well along with blood work.
  • @runsomewhere here it is very optional but we did it last time. I go in on 12/19 it feels like this pregnancy in someways is going a lot faster but I dont feel as connected yet. I know in my heart and mind I'm pregnant and im sick and had the US so it is clear I am, I don't know its just weird. also I really hope I dont have an anterior placenta this time. It would be nice to see and feel whats thats like 

I did with DS. My next appt is Frisay at 9+1, I'm assuming they'll offer it then. I'll totally do it, but mostly just for the extra u/s. It's totally optional here.  
  • @lindsayleigh1989 I will do the NT scan, but same as @acunamatada, just for the ultrasound. I don't know how they'll do things at  either of these new places but my only ultrasounds with my last practice would be at 20 wks for the anatomy scan and and if I went overdue, lol. Literally if I didn't do it I wouldn't get confirmation of pregnancy or anything until 20 weeks, which was too long for me! 
  • @lindsayleigh1989 fingers crossed for avoiding an anterior placenta this time around

That's interesting about the NT scan, I totally thought they were the standard. I'm looking forward to the reassurance it provides.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @SmashJam I couldn't last 20 weeks! I want a cute u/s with it actually looking somewhat like a fetus! My early u/s makes it look like a chicken nugget.
  • @lindsayleigh1989 we will be doing the NT scan and probably an amnio as well (due to our history).  I don't do the blood work that goes along with the ultrasound since it's not necessary (if we are doing the amnio).  We just do it to make sure the nuchal fold measurement is within normal range.  I don't think we will be doing the Panorama/MaterniT21 test for the same reason (pointless if you're doing an amnio).  But I kind of wish we were to find out the sex a little earlier!  
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @lindsayleigh1989 I had an anterior placenta last time too so I understand that completely.
  • @lindsayleigh1989 fx no anterior placenta this time around! I know what you mean by the prenancy going by faster, I'll be 9 weeks this week- it's weird to think I'll be out of the 1st tri by Christmas and I'm here buying Christmas presents. Having a toddler to chase around helps pass the time, as exhausting as it is. 
  • julianne0julianne0 member
    edited November 2017
    I hope this question is okay to ask here as it isn’t  pregnancy related but child development? My first and only (until July!) child will be 1 on 12/6. Today her daycare teacher told my DH that our DD should be saying more words. She only says mama and dada and babbles a whole lot. Any moms out there think this is something to really be concerned with? Any tips for helping her to talk more?
  • @julianneb0 I don't think you have anything to worry about yet. My son is 14 months and he does a lot of babbling, he can say mama and dada but it's more lIke mamamama and dadadada. He also tries to say his dog brother's name, but only when prompted. So basically he maybe has 3 words but it's not like I walk in the room and he says "mama". I'm sorry the daycare teacher freaked you out. My pediatrician always goes over milestones at our checkups and he didn't have any concerns at all about speech yet. I think it's too early. Just my two cents though, I'm not an expert. 
  • blair_krankblair_krank member
    edited November 2017
    @julianneb0, I would not worry at that age. I think the range at 1 is like 2-7 words. Does she wave? Can you understand more than that? Any sign language? Anything she tries to say and gets wrong the same way counts. At 1 one it’s more about trying than being good at it. 

My DD was a very quiet baby (not much babbling ever) and late talker and is still a bit behind/hard to understand, but she was/is communicating more than just easy to understand words. At 1 she had barely any words; I’m not even sure if she was saying mama yet, but she was much more communicative with sign language. She still (at 2.5) uses signs a lot for words that she’s not confident saying or that whoever she’s talking to isn’t understanding. 

My pediatrician said it was nothing to worry about at 1. We did have her evaluated at 2, but she was so far ahead on receptive language that they didn’t recommend any therapies. 
  • julianneb0 the pedi should be able to guide you though those concerns. My son (19 months) recently went through early intervention testing because he was borderline on his word quantity. But he passed. They tested all his motor skills, hearing, and vision and all looked well. I can't remember what he was like at 1 but he didn't say much before other than like 3-5 words. Talk to your pedi. There is no shame in getting tested if recommended. If you speak different languages it can also cause some delays but its normal. My son hears about 2-3 sometimes. 
  • Maybe this should go in questions tread but also fits random since it is a random thought in my head. Last pregnancy I was induced due to cholilithiasis (spelling ) - wonder if I will be induced again as precaution or not. Of course going to ask my doctor at my appointment 
  • @julianneb0 I would talk to your ped, but based on conversations with mine (DS turned 1 on 11/19) that sounds within the realm of normal. I’m sorry the daycare teacher’s comment is making you anxious about it!

Ok, something I didn’t experience last pregnancy. Low grade fever - body aches, chills. I plan to call my midwife if it persists or rises above 100-ish. Does anyone have any experience with a fever while pregnant? Should I take anything? Go ahead and call midwife (not open right now) in the morning and ask about meds? I Dr. Googled it for all of 5 seconds and what I saw was a bit concerning...

Lab Mom (x2): Sept/Oct 2014 
    Married: August 2015
    DS: Nov 2016 (36w)
    Baby H #2: July2018 (Team Pink!)

• @julianneb0 I would talk to your pedi for sure, but I have worked in daycare for almost 6 years& from what I've seen kids just start talking at such different rates! At one it doesn't sound unusual that your daughter isn't saying that many words yet!