me:35 DH:34
DS: born oct 2012
TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
          BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
          BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
fingers crossed for our rainbow baby

Re: weekly appointments- week of 11/27

• Options

had an Endo apt this morning. just talked about my TSH bloodwork schedule. and when we're doing glucose test etc.
    Also, have my next OB apt on wed. I'm really anxious for that. I need that Doppler check to calm some nerves. all was good at 11 weeks. but I just need that one last confirmation after the 12/13 week point to make me ready to reeeeally announce to the world.

• Options
    I have some sort of OB appointment on Wednesday. I'm a little annoyed because the front desk won't tell me whether or not DH should come. We did the NT scan last Wed, so I'm assuming this is just the blood pressure/weight/urine portion...? I'm not getting any additional blood work done since I'm waiting on the Mat21 results... I mean, maybe those will be in by then but sorta unlikely. Anyone have any better guesses? It's a super busy week for DH at work, so not a greaaaat time for him to come watch me get weighed if he doesn't have to, but he doesn't want to miss anything "important" either. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 Is this just your 12 week appointment?  If so, I don't think it will be anything important. You might have an u/s or listen to the HB.  My H stopped going to appointments the first time around after the first two or three because they became so routine.  You can always ask for pictures from the U/S or to record the HB.

• Options
    @marcus7676 no, if there will be an ultrasound or a HB listen he will FREAK THE EFF OUT if he doesn't get to be there. He's absolutely nuts about that stuff. He's already told me that he's going to be a jealous monster when I can start feeling the baby move but he can't yet (and then when I get to feel the baby move all the time, but he's not CONSTANTLY touching my stomach). lol lol poor guy...

No, but do you think there's a high possibility for that? We had such a lengthy ultrasound for our NT scan last week...? 
  • Options
    Had my 12 week ultrasound {12 weeks 3 days today} and omfg baby was moving around soooo much! Lol!
    Even sat up for a second then back down.

Stayed still long enough for the tech to measure the neck.
    Would they tell us if there was an issue or would that come from my dr or OB? I see her on Dec 7th, but I don't see the OB until end of December ....

Tomorrow I have to go for blood work. I would have gone right after my appt, but I was already starving and didn't want to make my sugar go wonky. Last week I had bloodwork done and felt awful for the rest of the day :(
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger at my NT scan with the tech, we weren't allowed to leave until the tech had cleared the scans with an OB on call. I assume if there were risk factors, they would've made us stay to talk to an OB or setup another appointment for follow-up stuff. Did you happen to see what the measurement was they took? DH was paying better attention than I was, and he said he could see on the screen baby's neck/whatever measured 1.6, and from what we looked up online they only really worry if it's above 3.something. 
  • Options
    Tomorrow is my first ultrasound! I'll be 10 weeks. Super excited/anxious/nervous since I don't really feel pregnant yet and we haven't seen or heard the baby at all yet. 
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 I didn't, but maybe my husband did. I was too fascinated by the amount of movement! Lol
    Our test results go to the children's hospital regardless of results. I may call my dr later and see if they know
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 my doctor pulls out the Doppler at every visit from here on out. the apt is usually super simple... pee in a cup, weigh you, any concerns?, measure the belly (when it gets bigger), Doppler check.
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 - the measurement of the neck doesn't matter by itself, its a ratio based on the blood work that they do too.  My doctor asked if I wanted an U/S or to hear the heartbeat at 12 weeks.  I think they do U/S's at early appointments if you want to provide reassurance since we can't see / feel the baby.  But, it might be dependent on your insurance since some people get limited u/s during pregnancy.  After 12 weeks or so last time, I stopped getting them (except for the 20 a/s u/s) until closer to 36 to confirm the head down position.  
  • Options
    @marcus7676 ah, interesting. They had me skip the NT blood work since I'm doing Mat21. I called Mat21 today, and it looks like I should have the results tomorrow (before my appt Weds) so I bet we'll review that. 
  • Options

@doxiemoxie212 does that mean you guys get to do your pics this week?? 

• Options
    @catlady1215 gotta figure out how we're going to do it. Our "helpers" (two of our friends) were free to help us last week, but not really this week. Need to see if two of our other friends (definitely a two person job with the smoke bombs lol) are free to help us, or we might have to rope in DH's parents which.... not sure would go well. They are not technology savvy (ie, able to take photos lol), and DH's dad is reaaaaaaaally likely to just accidentally tell us in the 5 minutes between when he finds out and when we're supposed to find out sooooo.... IDK. One way or another, we're finding out tho. Even if I have to give up on the smoke bombs. 
  • Options

@doxiemoxie212 awww, well I hope it works out for the smoke bombs! I know you were looking forward to it annnnd it'd be an awesome shot!

• Options
    I have my regular 12-week appointment on Thursday. Looking forward to hearing the heartbeat! We skipped the NT scan this time since we're doing NIPT, so I missed having that reassurance. I think it will feel much realer after this.

Just had my NIPT blood work done today. My OB said I could go any time I wanted after 10 weeks, but I decided to wait just to be sure, especially since I'm still certain I'm actually only 11 weeks along, even if my dating scan was measuring ahead. 

@doxiemoxie212 Glad your long Mat21 wait will soon be over!!
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Options
    No appointments for me. Just waiting for my Panorama test results. It’s been 10 days today, but I’m guessing thanksgiving slowed things down. 
  • Options
    No appointments for me, just normal blood work. 
  • Options
    I have my very first ultrasound this week on Wednesday. So incredibly nervous as it will be the first time seeing the babe or getting any idea if everything is ok. I have heard the heart beat at home twice but still so very anxious.

Also have regular OB appt on Friday, but really who is looking forward to that?! Just a pap and regular first appt. Bring on Wednesday!! I pray that everything is just fine in there. 
  • Options
    Had my 12 week OB today. They didn't have me pee in a cup and I didn't realize until after I was out of the office and to my appointment. Not sure if that's bad or if I should call them back?? I have another appointment in 4 weeks so not totally concerned! They took my weight, gave me a flu shot, got to hear the heartbeat and my OB has a handheld ultrasound machine so I got to get a peek at baby again! It made my entire day. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @harveyabbey77 I wouldn’t be too concerned.. my clinic never makes me pee in a cup for my first appt at 12 weeks, but I do have to bring in a sample of my first mornings urine to every appt after that 
  • Options
    @harveyabbey77 I mean, I literally forgot to drink water before my 8 week appt, so I wasn't able to pee, and it was mostly fine. They didn't really care. 
  • Options
    @harveyabbey77 I didn't have to do urine test for mine, but I'll be seeing my GP next week so they might request it then. I had to do it twice between 4 week and 9 week appts
  • Options
    @bkrahn @doxiemoxie212 @MissKittyDanger ; Oh good! I wasn't super worried since they took a urine sample at my 8 week appointment but with DD, I remember having to give one every time I went in. It's also been 6 years since I was pregnant so it's like being pregnant for the first time all over again! Ha! 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1st official appointment tomorrow with doctor to confirm pregnancy (though I already had an US at around 7 weeks and saw that everything looked good then.) Hoping to get another US tomorrow to get dating since the early US didn't match when I think I ovulated.  (I'll have my 1 y.o. and my 3 y.o. with me though so an US could be a bit of a circus...)
  • Options
    @dinodna3 - You better not think of leaving us for May with the changed due date.  ;)   

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • Options
    NT Scan will be this Thursday, along with some blood work.  I'm not sure which genetic test it will be.  I'm looking forward to seeing the baby again.  <3

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • Options
    Went for my OB appt. Super easy, did get to see the baby which DH is a little sad he didn't come for, but it was a shitty ultrasound machine, and it was only for a few seconds to make sure heart rate, etc., were still going. At my NT scan heart rate was 160, today 140.

Just out of curiosity, is there anything that causes the heart rate to vary so much? I know it's normal, but curious if babies' heart rates slow down when they sleep in utero just like out-in-the-world humans? Or it's just random? Or no one knows? (Also, do babies sleep in utero when mom sleeps? Or that's also random? Or they don't sleep? I thought I read they do sleep, but I have no idea if that's true.) 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 babies do sleep in utero.  DS used to sleep when I was moving around a lot (it rocked him to sleep).  I'm fairly sure he also slept when I slept, but I do recall times when his movement woke me up MOTN.  Heart rates vary for various reasons - - as they get bigger, it slows down.  Slower when they sleep.  

• Options
    @doxiemoxie212 when my dr used her shitty machine in her office, his HB was lower by about that much also. Then I had my next ultrasound and it was back up where it had been. Ive been blaming her shitty machine but not sure at all what causes it.
  • Options
    @catlady1215 I'm so happy everything is going well!!
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 when I went to my OB last Wednesday at 11+6, the heart rate was 170. She said that'd be the last time we would see it that high.... That it begins to lower over next couple weeks. 
  • Options
    @stephcat421 yeah, baby was 160 a week ago at 12+4 (but measuring 13+1). 140 today at 13+4, but guessing still measuring ahead at 14+1? 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 from what I understood it's normal and healthy. In fact I asked what she thought about the wives tales relating to heart rate.  She said if we went based on it before 12 weeks 95% would be female. In the end, she didn't have much input on it other than say if there is any reasoning to it, it should be calculated 12-16 weeks based on heart rate as it starts to decline in rate.  So sounds like your little one is edging boy based on that! Obviously a silly wives tale guess!
  • Options
    @stephcat421 we all think it will be a boy because EVERYONE in my husband's family is a boy. Like, all the women married in. And it's a family with a lot of kids! (So with that said, I'm sort of hoping it's a girl just so we can prove this family can produce one! lol) We'll see Saturday  :#:#:#:p
  • Options
    @stephcat421 yes, one way or another we will figure out the gender that day. I'm not getting my hopes up too high that the photos are successful because we only have DH's parents to help us, and neither of them really know how to operate a camera or a cell phone. FIL is 73, so I guess he sort of has an excuse, but MIL is 55, so she doesn't have an excuse. ;) 

FX we don't get arrested for setting off smoke bombs on the beach! 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 what time of day are we looking at here ;) I want to make sure I'm stalking the board and waiting. And please don't hold out on us! Lol