June 2018 Moms

Weekly Questions Thread w/o Nov. 26

13»

Re: Weekly Questions Thread w/o Nov. 26

• @Miz_Liz idk if it’s helpful but I put it in DDs chocolate milk every day and she doesn’t notice. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @dinodna3 I never thought about chocolate milk!  Maybe I will try that - thanks :)
  • Loading the player...
  • @msangeey - Chances are if you're feeling "fluttering" 30 minutes after eating, it's gas.
    If it happened at other times, maybe you could be feeling baby's movements. But, if you're conveniently feeling it after eating, 99% chance it's just gas.

Re: cord blood banking -- I won't be banking, but I will gladly donate if I'm able to. The chance that you'll use your own baby's cord blood for the baby or a sibling is incredibly low, and I'd rather donate it where there's a higher chance it'll actually come in use.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• krash_krash_ member
    edited December 2017
    @izza2 I can probably do more research and figure this out but if you do delayed cord clamping (like 5-10 minutes) will there still be cord blood to donate?

ETA nvm found this

Q. What are the current recommendations for delayed umbilical cord clamping after birth? 
    A. The American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ACOG) has recommended a delay of 30-60 seconds between delivery and umbilical cord clamping in healthy, full-term babies. It is believed that delayed clamping may have a beneficial effect in the newborn. If expectant parents wish to donate or store cord blood, delayed clamping may impact the volume and quality of cells. Expectant parents should discuss options for delayed umbilical cord clamping with their obstetrics provider. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Anyone else buy a Doppler? I same day amazon got one tonight lol and actually found the heartbeat I was so relieved! 
  • @krashke - Yeah, what you found is what I've found as well. Delaying just effects the amount and quality, but you can still get some blood. It would definitely depend on how long you're delaying, because if you're waiting until the cord is done pulsing, chances are you won't get much blood out of the cord.

Also figure that some of that leftover blood from the cord is going to go to the lab for blood type testing and other tests, so it can really make a difference in how much you end up able to keep if you bank.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023