June 2018 Moms

Weekly Questions Thread w/o Nov. 26

Re: Weekly Questions Thread w/o Nov. 26

• @llamamama14 they did my second right on the same incision line. No changes to my scar, it healed fine and looks great. 
  • GD really doesn’t discriminate. You’d think it would just happen to those who might be borderline anyway, but really it seemed pretty random in my other BMB. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @Austenista 1) every time I try to tag you, it puts your name in quotes which is so weird (I'm on desktop - strange), 2) yeah the only person I know IRL who had GD was a thin girl who didn't eat any sugar or gluten, ran every day and was super thin so it would've seemed she'd be least likely, and yetttttt GD. 
  • @doxiemoxie212 that’s weird, like “if that’s even your reeeeeaaal name.” *twists mustache*

Anyway, exactly. No real sense. Just kind of happens to people. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @doxiemoxie212 that happens to me when I tag @Austenista too!
  • @doxiemoxie212 and @Austenista it always does that to me too when tagging you but when it actually posts its fine. And for some reason you're the only one it happens with. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @Ash9614 I agree.... the drink tasted like extra sweet Sprite.  I didn't understand what all the fuss was about.
  • @chartermama @dinodna3 OB said it is pretty common sciatic aggravation during pregnancy - mine is right in the center of my left butt check though so tail bone could be different. She said walking and light exercise helps some people and other people it makes it worse. It also improves for some people in later trimesters while others get worse so very unique to the person. Since I’ve been sitting on my butt a lot lately and too exhausted I think mine is from under use vs over use. 
  • catlady1215catlady1215 member
    edited November 2017
    I will agree that the drink doesn't taste 'bad'. especially the 1 hour. my dr gave me a cup full at her office then I walked down to the lab on the next floor. It was that 3 hour that wasn't good for me. same orange flavor. but sweeter. and not just a cup full, it was from the little bottle. from the fridge atleast!
    my only concern is if this 'no sweets' thing keeps up, uuuughh. it won't be pretty for me. and skipping right to the 3hr drink? I won't be a happy camper.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • @May14th2011 Thanks. Have wondered about this occasionally. Good to know.
  • @doxiemoxie212 you definately don't need to drink the nasty orange drink,  I brought in my own gummi bears to do the test.  They check the package and tell you how many to eat. 
  • Re: Sweet GD drink - totally get concerns over ingredients if it’s not something you’d typically drink. But yes some ppl were so dramatic about it that I was expecting the worst, only to get flat soda. Just want to make sure everyone knows the “nasty” drink isn’t that serious. 

Re: butt pain. I had the worst pain with DD. It started with my butt “falling asleep” after sitting for more than 30 mins. I ended up limping into the chiropractor around 28 weeks and got some major relief. I was still in pain, but it was manageable. This time, I swear my back started hurting around 8 weeks. It seems to have subsided in last few days (14 weeks), but if it returns I’m running to the chiropractor; otherwise I’ll be miserable. I recommend finding a chiropractor familiar with pregnancy if you go that route! 
    Me: 31; DH: 31
    NTNP: May 2015
    TTC #1: late August 2015
    PCOS Dx: January 2016, starting Femara Feb 2016
    BFP: 2/29/16 - Happy Leap Day!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Agree with @ash9614 that the actual flavor is not a big deal. It's just artificial orange soda. I don't typically drink soda but didn't feel gross after drinking it. Questionable ingredients is a concern I haven't heard brought up before. I did just google the flame retardant thing though...
  • Weird question, so I'm 12 weeks 5 days {yay almost done 1st trimester!} but I've been having some lower back pain.
    I read that it's pretty normal because it's likely ligaments etc moving to help changing body but a couple things

1 - when is it not normal?
    2 - what can I do to aid it?
    3 - I think it's causing neck tension and therefore headaches, any suggestions about that?
    4 - could this be an on going issue and/or get worse if I don't deal with it now?

I know I can take tylenol, but I'd rather not unless I have to.
  • @MissKittyDanger make an appointment now for a prenatal massage once you hit second trimester. That said, lower back pain is often just part of pregnancy because your uterus can put pressure on nerves that cause pain in your lower back. I'm not sure there's a ton you can do, but maybe things like yoga or pilates could help by strengthening your lower back so it doesn't get worse from a musculature perspective?
  • @doxiemoxie212 I was debating on waiting until later for a prenatal massage but it might help. I'll take a look at my area if there's prenatal yoga also. Thanks!
  • @MissKittyDanger unless you have a visible bump, you probably don't actually need a prenatal yoga class yet. Just tell the instructor in case you need to take it easy, but I don't even think you really need any modifications until you can't lay on your stomach/back anymore. 

(Also, I've had two prenatal massages this pregnancy (I'm 13+4), and it has been wonderful. And all is fine. My OBGYN was fully on board with it.)
  • @doxiemoxie212 What is different about a prenatal massage? When we were on vacation I got a regular massage (since I didn't have a bump to worry about), but my boobs hurt like crazy! So, I was thinking of switching to prenatal to avoid the boob pain. Side note - I'm getting a massage bc of the back/oblique/ab pain I've been having lately. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LaceyBee522 it's really just the training. There are technically a few pressure points that they should avoid, but it's really mostly 1) not too much pressure on lower back, 2) focus on "lymphatic drainage" on the legs to reduce swelling/promote circulation, 3) knowledge of how to position you if you can't be on your stomach or find being flat on your back to be uncomfortable. 

I'll PM you where I go for massages in NYC. It's in midtown, but they have like 4-5 therapists on staff trained in prenatal (and even more who aren't), and DH really likes going there too lol. 
  • @doxiemoxie212 Not huge, but a bit of one. Unless I adjust my pants, you'd think it was just bloat but it's starting to show a bit.
    I do have a gift card for a spa down the street, I should look into if they have prenatal :)
  • Just want to add that there are a few things to know before going to a regular yoga class right now. A good yoga instructor should know the modifications and be able to guide you accordingly. For example, you shouldn't do any deep twists like prayer twist, inversions (except downward dog) and I have found prasarita is fine although that might change when the bump is bigger, and more intense back bends like wheel. I think it all depends on the level of yoga you have done in the past and what your exercise routine was like before pregnancy.

Most yoga studios will offer a free week for new students so if you find one that offers prenatal classes you can give it a try and if you don't like it you can try a regular class and see if that works. Just jump around from studio to studio. 
    *TW LC*

• Anyone feeling baby movements? I’m a little over 12 weeks and i swear I can feel little flutter about 30 minutes after I eat. 
  • @msangeey are you a stm or preg with twins? 
  • random Q...how do you make copies of an u/s to use for picture frames and gifts? I am typically pretty tech savvy but when I scan it the already poor quality gets worse and I cant get it to fit into a 4x6 size. 
    *TW LC*

• @krashke what dpi is your scanner translating the image as? It should be at least 300 dpi. 
  • @krashke I planned to take mine to Walgreens and use their photo quality scanner/printer. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • What does everyone think about cord blood/tissue banking? Any strong feelings either way?
  • @ramblebee We donated DDs cord blood. If we had the ability to financially, we would’ve banked it. 
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @doxiemoxie212 Usually a couple grand. I think ours was gonna be $2700 plus a yearly storage fee of like $190. At the time we didn’t feel comfortable with spending that amount of money with a new baby. 
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @msangeey with DS, I felt flutters at 16+ wks. So STM here, 14 wks tomorrow. And no certain flutters yet. I've felt a few thing since I questioned? (...or hoped) but I told myself it's probably gas.

@krashke if you take a pic of it with your phone, how's it turn out? Can you do that then just get that pic printed off your phone?
    im not very techy when it comes to scanning etc so that would have been my only option lol
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • @krashke Take a pic like @catlady1215 said. I would think no matter what phone the quality would be pretty good for a 4 x 6 size. 
  • @doxiemoxie212 @sunshineandwhiskey yeah the info I have says $1650 and annual storage of $150.
  • Not sure if this has been asked before but does anyone here cloth diaper? I am very interested in doing cloth for this baby and have been doing a lot of research. Just curious if anyone has any experience and can recommend diapers they like. I am looking primarily into flats/prefolds with covers.
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• Any ladies taking Miralax...have you found anything to mix it with yet that is more tolerable?  Tasteless my @$!
  • msangeey            - I am 12+ 5 and I thought I could feel flutters yesterday.  STM.  I felt definitive movement with my 1st at 17 weeks (conveniently on our babymoon).  I googled yesterday and it said you could feel flutters as early as 13 weeks so maybe???  Not pregnant I'm pretty thin which would increase the odds of feeling earlier