July 2018 Moms

Weekend Randoms 11/25-11/26

Re: Weekend Randoms 11/25-11/26

• @acunamatada, I may or may not be reading Madeline several thousand times a day right now, so stick a French accent on that for even more fun! 
  • I will never eat pizza again.... 
    My son’s pregnancy ruined pizza for me and it’s my husbands favorite food :neutral:
  • Loading the player...
  • @blair_krank we read it so much here! We went around Disney with my daughter telling everyone poo Pooh 
  • I keep talking about this, but I cannot handle the constant gross taste in my mouth. Nothing is helping. And I can't brush my tongue bc it makes me gag. I've brushed my teeth a lot, gargled mouthwash, tried saltwater, drink lots of H2O. Stop it.
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • @WorkinWeezel yeah i feel you I do jolly ranchers because they help my nausea some and help with the taste issue 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• wildtotwildtot member
    edited November 2017
    You’d think i had hired a house cleaner this week. My mom just won’t stop cleaning my house! And it’s honestly not that dirty lol

edited for words
  • @wildtot nice! want to send her over here next?

• @lindsayleigh1989 haha sure! She’s giving me anxiety.
  • How the heck do you add gifs to your posts!?!?

Please help a girl out! I can’t figure it out to save my life.  :s
  • @ashbub714 are you on mobile? There's a more comprehensive explanation I think @lindsayleigh1989  wrote out somewhere but I'm on mobile and can't link you too it.
    So you find a gif you like, you copy the link-make sure it ends in .gif. Then there's a little picture thumbnail all the way to the right above the text box. You click on that, insert your link where it says "image URL" and you're all set.
    Personally, I can't find gifs that end in .gif online while on mobile to save my life so I save the gif I like to my phone and upload it a similar way. I click on the picture tab and choose the file like I would a regular picture and it works too. 
  • @acunamatada yes, I’m on mobile. Ooh ok that makes sense. Thank you! I kept wanting to use the gifs option on my iPhone but obviously that doesn’t work.  :p
  • I've thrown up everything today and even looking at pictures of food is making me sick. Can this phase end soon, please?
  • I’m starting to think i should just have all my nutrients via smoothie. I can’t stand the smell or look of food.
  • It was already asked and not answered (which is why I don't like all encompassing question threads), so I'm asking too. What is an SS thread? 

Single serving? Super simple? Secret squirrel? Sanity saving? So salty?
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • It was already asked and not answered (which is why I don't like all encompassing question threads), so I'm asking too. What is an SS thread? 

Special snowflake

Social security? Lol jk

well i search SS and it can either mean symptom spotting, something with user name? Not sure tho 
  • @echocharlietango SS means special snowflake as @hillbillywife stated. It refers to posters that think the rules don't apply to them bc they are unique snowflakes, not like all the rest.
  • it is special snowflake and yes it was asked earlier and yes general threads are good

• @hillbillywife Thank you!

@wildtot Ha! 

@TalesOfASocialIntrovert Yes, I know what a special snowflake is, I just didn't know what the SS initialism meant here in TB.
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • IMHO (in my honest opinion): SSs tend to turn into the crazies because once you call them out they get all GBCB (good bye cruel bump) but don’t just quietly go in to the night, they freak out. Not all SSs. There are some who are just getting the hang of it but most people read the “Read This First” or take the “poo poo-ing” and do better. 

On another note, we saw Coco today and i ugly cried.
  • dapple88 said: 

Ooh was it good? I was thinking about taking my little dude this week. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • julesf817 said:
    dapple88 said: 

Ooh was it good? I was thinking about taking my little dude this week. 
    It was SO good!!!! My little guy will be three next week, he sat through the whole thing and was mad when we couldn’t watch it again. 
  • Curious cause my brain is not functioning this weekend - the single topic threads I created... would those be special snowflake posts? Even though they were created for group participation? Just want to make sure I understand so I don’t f up in the future. 

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I scored three pairs of maternity leggings for $5 on FB marketplace  :)
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • @bdesterhouse I don't think so. Anything to benefit others should be fine, I think. You always post good ones. Special snowflakes are special because it's all about them. 
  • acunamatadaacunamatada member
    edited November 2017
    @bdesterhouse no way! They were group questions/topics and brought people together. 
    The special snowflake posts are more so the one-off fluffy questions randoms write about themselves for attention. 

• @bdesterhouse SS post will be like “here’s my ultrasound does that look like a vagina?” “Here’s a picture of (insert bodily fluid) what do you think it is?” “Here are my lab results My dr says I have GD but google says it’s boarderline what do you think?” 
  • @bdesterhouse you are definitely not a SS :) 

• @christycalifornia that is one of my favorite shows!! also your daughter sounds adorable! 

• @4deep oh my goodnessssss what a sweet little babe. You are a wonderful friend for the dinner and free time!
  • @4deep I'd eat that dinner in a hot minute. And that wee one is SO precious!!! Made me so excited to snuggle my own soon. 
  • I do think that the single topic threads have a hint of SS to them. This reasoning has a lot of assumptions in it so please (nicely?) tell me if I am totes off base, but I think that if you don't want to post in an all encompassing thread questions/randoms/symptoms thread its because you want the topic you post about to be directly addressed and easily findable for later perusal without having to wade through all the comments and other topics other people find important to get to the answer of your question. So you are asking people to specially consider your topic in a format different than that expressed by the board organization thread because the topic is...special, right?

A lot of the single topic threads started do have relevance, I am not disputing that. I am also just saying that, if someone saw a bunch of single topic threads about cars/tea/diapers/strollers/etc, why isn't it ok for them to start a single topic thread about not knowing how to break up with their old doctor or advice on maternity clothes? They are doing it for the same reason as other people who have started threads and obviously those things would be relevant to all of us as well? I just don't know where the line is drawn.

Also....this is probably not that important. But. Its been on my mind.
  • @SmashJam Ill play devils advocate. i dont think we need a thread about tea. and we have been fighting a long uphill battle against random threads being started so much so, many of the other bmb's have taken notice and commented how they dont think this one will last. 

gear and name threads are all staples and yes they started earlier than expected which is why they arent in the "read first" post. eventually there will be a car seat and crib threads too im sure.  Honestly there are so many other places to ask those questions, ticker change days specifically have a spot for questions, we have a whole thread dedicated to questions and 90% get quite a few answers. if you havent lurked other pregnancy sites please do and you will see why the bump is the way it is especially what to expect. there is ZERO ordrr and it is alm individual posts everyone makes one about how they feel today. 5 gazillion posts begging for ramzi, another 1000 of different fb groups join. Sadly the important ones, real issues tend to get burried and lost. 

also i do find it easy to find where I have posted questions. I make a mental note of what page my post is on and the search function works awesome for me.

• also if the board wants people to post whatever the want and im just the mean B I will gladly step back

• many of the other bmb's have taken notice and commented how they dont think this one will last. 

Wut? This is odd. The board is going to die from too many threads?
  • @christycalifornia girl I know! Gave me all the feelz about what’s to come  <3