February 2018 Moms

28 Weeks (EDDs between 2/11-2/17)

If you are due the week of February 11th-17th, here is your 28 week Ticker Change post! 

1) 28 Weeks! Officially Third Tri!

2) How are you feeling?

3) Any appointments this week?

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?

5) GTKY: What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish (or holiday if you don't have Thanksgiving)?

Re: 28 Weeks (EDDs between 2/11-2/17)

• 1) 28 Weeks! Officially Third Tri!

I’ll go first, since I’m up... Happy 3rd Tri to our new Ticker Change Ladies! It’s scary how fast this is going! 

2) How are you feeling?
    I’ve been feeling okay. More aches and pains, I’ve been making more noises to get up off the couch. Random bouts of insomnoa. More and more reflux if I eat or drink too much at a time. I can’t complain too much.

I had the 1 hour glucose test on Wednesday morning. It wasn’t as bad as what people have been saying. I had the lemon lime flavor, tasted like a flat sprite. I haven’t gotten the results yet, so we’ll see if I need to do the 3hr test.

Raves: so with our crib misshap, we got a gift card that would partially cover some other expensive baby items. We decided to use it on the monitor. Well, the monitor went on sale online, and when we got to the store, it was actually $60 cheaper than what was advertised. Needless to say, we scooped that sucker right up. It’s starting to come together now!

5) GTKY: What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish (or holiday if you don't have Thanksgiving)?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I’m a dessert fan... give me all the pumpkin pie. I could just eat that all day long. MIL makes some killer homemade whip cream too, so I’m excited for that! 
  • 1) 28 Weeks! Officially Third Trimester
    I'm excited to be here but another 12 ish weeks seems like an incredibly long time
    2) How are you feeling?
    feeling pretty good aside from the grunts and groans rolling over at night. Getting up a couple times a night to pee so that is annoying
    I just had one on Tuesday and it was uneventful. I passed my two hour glucose so there is that. There is one appointment this will though; DH will be getting the slip on Tuesday so I am pretty pumped about that but not looking forward to the inevitable whining that will come after
    I'm jealous of you ladies with big turkey dinners this weekend. I'm in Canada so I had mine last month but I'm still having envy right now
    I love stuffing and sweet potato gratin. 

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• Loading the player...
  • kbrinks2kbrinks2 member
    edited November 2017
    1) 28 Weeks! Officially Third 
    Cannot believe I'm in the 3rd trimester tomorrow! This is flying by!

2) How are you feeling?
    I've been feeling pretty good. The normal aches and pains and a super sore pelvis when I wake up! 

Just got my rhogam shot this week and see my doctor on Tuesday! 

@sabriel1 I am also jealous!! I live in Canada and would love to have a big turkey dinner! 

My favourite dish is stuffing and my moms homemade cherry cheesecake! I guess I'll have to wait until Christmas for this!
  • Chawk17Chawk17 member
    edited November 2017
    28 Weeks! Officially Third Tri!

2) How are you feeling?
    Officially 28 weeks tomorrow  (friday). Feeling great. ....just always gassy.
    Yes..actually will have 28 week next Thursday. On the 30 of nov .closer to 29th week. Will get rhogam shot then....and will go every 2 weeks after that  ( so 30 week ultrasound on Dec 12)...going fast. 

Conference week this coming week starting tues. , so only teaching half days....of course talking to 21 parents is draining...but I've only got conferences tues- wed...rest of week I can save school at 12:30.

5) GTKY: What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish (or holiday if you don't have Thanksgiving)
    Well if my mom were here she woukd make me fruit salad ( she's in tx ). 

@jenniferjoy37 I'm with you..i didn't think the drink was as bad as all the negative hype. I had orange and could've had another..
    I'm stuck between a feeling of disbelief that today is already the last day of the 2nd tri and feeling like 12 weeks is still a long time to go.
    2) How are you feeling?
    I'm feeling pretty good.  Had some painful cramps this week and have definitely been irritable and emotional (random songs on the radio during my commute are making me cry), but I'm feeling more good than bad.
    28 week appoint on Tuesday for my rhogam shot and to go over my results from the first week of glucose testing.
    I'm struggling to adjust my diet for GD.  I didn't realize what a carb addict I am! (Probably a lingering effect of working in a bagel store in high school and being a vegetarian and endurance athlete back in the day.)  Tonight is going to be a true test of  my willpower.
    @kbrinks2 I'm with you! I love stuffing, especially leftover stuffing.  (See rant above.)
    Woot! 10-11 weeks until induction day.

2) How are you feeling?
    I'm feeling pretty good. The usual symptoms at this point and he's particularly active.

My next appt. is Monday on my dd3's third b-day.

I'm excited for TG. Just celebrated two my kids' birthdays and now three more between next Monday and 12/26. Finally in the third trimester. Going to see about doing a 3d/4d ultrasound this weekend or next week. 

Sweet potato casserole, mac and cheese, green bean casserole, collard greens, corn bread, pecan pie and pumpkin pie. 
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

2) How are you feeling?
    I feel like I went to bed feeling fine at 27+6 and woke up at 28 weeks with everything hurting

Nope

Just trying to deal with my gestational diabetes diagnosis:S

5) GTKY: What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish (or holiday if you don't have Thanksgiving)? Stuffing, my grandma's homemade rolls and no-bake cherry cheesecake (another Canadian here so no thanksgiving food today)

im 28 tomorrow! Came up so fast

2) How are you feeling?
    other than annoyed by stupid comments & people real good! ( TBD if this is a pregnancy side effect)

tuesday is a big one for me. 1 hr glucose, rhogram & tdap

trying to figure out how much time I can afford to take off. Dr recommended 6 weeks, really don't want to drain all of my vacation and sick time just in case I need it later. Do you guys get any PTO?

bread, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potatoes
  • 1) 28 Weeks! Officially Third Tri! I can't even believe this week is already here!

2) How are you feeling? I'm feeling thankful to feel good. I'm not sleeping super well, and having some RLP and back pain here and there, but overall, things are going well, and I know I am lucky. 

3) Any appointments this week? Yep, I went yesterday for my glucose challenge (no results yet), and 28-week appt.  I'm measuring right on track, and weight gain is fine (I was a little worried about that- I feel like I'm really packing on the pounds!).  I'll go back in 3 weeks.  Crossing my fingers for good glucose results! 

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? We survived hosting Thanksgiving!  We had 11 people over, for 13 of us total, and even though we have help from others with desserts, some of the sides, etc., it's still a long and tiring day! 

To be honest, today, I was most excited about the buffalo chicken dip appetizer and apple crisp! 
  • kaitie12-27kaitie12-27 member
    edited November 2017
    1) 28 Weeks! Officially Third Tri!
    So excited to finally be third trimester.
    2) How are you feeling?
    Tired and I hurt a lot.
    No appointments for me until the 14th.
    What do Braxton Hicks contractions feel like?
    Already had Thanksgiving here in Canada but probably my grandpa's dressing (stuffing) Also pies.

Edited because things are hard lol

• @libbodee we ( I) get 12 weeks, only taking 10.6 weeks. And then DH will take 4 weeks.
    @lucylou214 fingers crossed for positive results.
  • libbodeelibbodee member
    edited November 2017
    @Chawk17 wow that's really nice!

ETA just figured out with all my vacation and sick time I could get 5 weeks off. So I will probably do 4 weeks off and 2 part time weeks. 
  • Started off the 1st morning of 3rd tri by puking.  Fun times.
    @LadyMillil I'm with you trying to deal with a GD diagnosis.  It's a lot to take in all at once.  I tried to find the old GD thread on the board, but no luck.

This week I suddenly feel like I don’t have much time left. I feel like the next several weeks will go so fast with the holidays.

2) How are you feeling?
    I’ve been feeling okay, but the insomnia is killing me.

3) Any appointments this week?
    I have my 1 hr glucose Wednesday, so fingers crossed. I failed my 1 hr by 1 point last time and had to do the 3 hr, hoping that is not the case this time.

I have been asking for our baby swing, sleeper, and clothes back from a family friend for months. I finally got it back and their are stains all over the cosleeper, the sheet is stiff like she didn’t even wash it, I don’t have all the clothes including some I really wanted. Overall not very happy. 

gove Me all the deviled eggs and pumpkin pie 
  • @libbodee I am applying for FMLA which gives me 6 weeks 100% pay (66% during leave and the other 33% when I come back FT for 3 months) and then I’m using sick and vacation time to cover the rest of the 6 weeks I’ll be off. We can’t really afford for me to be losing pay right now, but I also want that bonding time with the baby, especially since I’m a FTM. 

@lucylou214 Wow! Props for hosting Thanksgiving for 11 people! Go get some rest, that must have been exhausting! 

@GoogleMD That’s completely out of line what the family friend did with your stuff. I hope that the stains can come out and it can at least be used again... I’m sorry, that’s never a fun position to be in... 
  • @GoogleMD I agree- I had a mental breakdown/ panic attack last night. 12 weeks left and SO much to buy.  It took us 4 years to get pregnant and I feel like I should've been buying stuff during that time.  I didn't realize how much start up it took having a baby.   

Your friend should be embarrassed. 
  • @googlemd I completely agree with you. It’s going to fly by. 
  • @Chawk17 , parent conferences are exhausting.  Good luck! 
    @GoogleMD , it's all happening SO quickly.  You're so right!
    @babybro218 and @LadyMillil , hoping you can get into a routine soon and that that makes it easier. 

Update: we survived hosting Thanksgiving, and I even managed to accomplish getting dishes, floors, tables, and counters all clean before bed (I hate waking up to a mess!) It was tiring, but we're so lucky that our families get along and can hang out together. :) 

Also, got the good news that I passed my glucose test! 
    I despise conferences...luckily our union built into our contract we only have to have conferences in the fall....goodbye spring conferences!!  I'll take 2 days of misery for that win.

Congrats on glucose and getting house cleaned! :)

"The final countdown" is playing in my head hahah

2) How are you feeling? Well this week at work I referred to myself as a ragey whale. It's a pretty accurate description. I'm huge, I've put on 20 pounds already. I'm carrying about 85% of that weight in my belly and the rest in my boobs and butt. I may tip over soon.

3) Any appointments this week? We had one on Wednesday and everything is looking great. DD2 is weighing in at 2.5lbs and is already in position. 

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? I got so big so fast this time and of course everyone is commenting on "the belly!" ...I'm super itchy this time around too and I know I have way more stretch marks. Oh well!! 

I don't have a favorite dish, I do have a favorite bite. I love to get a little turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn and gravy all in one bite. 

• Out of curiosity, what is so bad about the parent conferences? I have one on Wednesday (as a parent) and I want to avoid being too annoying

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• @Chawk17 do you guys get any compensation for the conferences? We still have fall and spring conferences but we have two days in lieu built into our school year as time off for the time spent after school. 

@sabriel1 I find conference nights long and many times unnecessary. If I have a problem I have already called the parent before November to discuss. I also had my last parent scheduled for 5:55 and she called and said she would be a few minutes, no big deal, but she showed up at 6:35 and talked until almost 7, about essentially nothing! So I didn't get home until 7:40 and I had my 2 year old with me (a student was watching him in town during the interviews) 
  • sabriel1 said:
    Out of curiosity, what is so bad about the parent conferences? I have one on Wednesday (as a parent) and I want to avoid being too annoying
    It's just mentally draining. I teach on Tuesday from 9-12:30 then have back to back 20 min. Conferences from 12:50-6:30 with 30 min dinner. It's just saying the same stuff repeated 21 times.  Then back to teaching Wednesday followed by more talking. 
  • kbrinks2 said:
    @Chawk17 do you guys get any compensation for the conferences? We still have fall and spring conferences but we have two days in lieu built into our school year as time off for the time spent after school. 

@sabriel1 I find conference nights long and many times unnecessary. If I have a problem I have already called the parent before November to discuss. I also had my last parent scheduled for 5:55 and she called and said she would be a few minutes, no big deal, but she showed up at 6:35 and talked until almost 7, about essentially nothing! So I didn't get home until 7:40 and I had my 2 year old with me (a student was watching him in town during the interviews) 
    We don't get compensated, but as soon as conferences are done we get to leave. So thursday- Friday I'm out at 12:30 because I didn't schedule ( knock on wood I don't have no shows or other reschedules) 
  • Chawk17 said:
    sabriel1 said:
    Out of curiosity, what is so bad about the parent conferences? I have one on Wednesday (as a parent) and I want to avoid being too annoying
    It's just mentally draining. I teach on Tuesday from 9-12:30 then have back to back 20 min. Conferences from 12:50-6:30 with 30 min dinner. It's just saying the same stuff repeated 21 times.  Then back to teaching Wednesday followed by more talking. 
    Wow, that is a lot of conference time. Here is ten minute time slots and they go Wednesday 6pm-8pm and there is no school the next day with conferences 9am-11am. What do you even go over for 20 minutes? Wow

• @sabriel1 we talk over the report card and show evidence of reading,writing, math, and behavior.
    It's first grade. What grade do you teach? 
    I'm jealous of the no school the next day!
  • Chawk17 said:
    @sabriel1 we talk over the report card and show evidence of reading,writing, math, and behavior.
    I actually teach University myself, but I was referring to my daughter's school. She is in grade 1 and I want to ensure I am not that annoying parent that the teachers dread

• sabriel1 said:
    Chawk17 said:
    @sabriel1 we talk over the report card and show evidence of reading,writing, math, and behavior.
    I actually teach University myself, but I was referring to my daughter's school. She is in grade 1 and I want to ensure I am not that annoying parent that the teachers dread
    No it's not the parents that are annoying..its just mentally draining...and SO much talking/ sitting...

Woo Hoo!!! I do not enjoy being pregnant in 3rd tri. I just feel achy, huge, messy, tired, and irritable...

2) How are you feeling?

Achy pelvic bones, random contractions, tired, achy, and moody. It is a lovely combination... Feeling better physically than I did with both of my previous pregnancies though. 

Yes, Glucose test and OB appointment Wednesday after work. 

Rave: DH has been awesome about doing more with the kids and around the house since I need to rest often due to contractions this week. I'm so thankful that he just says "are you ok? Need anything?" when I sit down to rest for a while. 

Rant: DH will be traveling Sunday to Sunday coming up soon. So I will be flying solo with 2 kids, working full time, and still trying to "rest as much as possible" to prevent contractions/PTL... not sure how that is going to go :( There will also be no communication with DH while he will be gone... going to be a long hard week.

Sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, turkey, dressing (stuffing), gravy... I like to mix bites with mashed potatoes... mmmmm.... Thanksgiving dinner was glorious this year!!
  • Chawk17 said:
    I despise conferences...luckily our union built into our contract we only have to have conferences in the fall....goodbye spring conferences!!  I'll take 2 days of misery for that win.

Congrats on glucose and getting house cleaned! :)

Stuck in the box :( Anyway, Thanks! I am a huge sweet tooth, and was a teensy bit nervous about the glucose results! We have zero time built in for conferences, but can schedule them during planning time if we want, so I knock some out that way.  Unfortunately, it ends up being a boatload of time that I have to personally give up 2x/year. @kbrinks2 , no compensation. @sabriel1, I like when parents have specific questions that I can answer, and I also like when they are mindful of the time frame we have.  Also, if you feel like we're "done", and your time isn't up, it's okay to leave? I hate when parents just sit and small talk for the sake of it.  I am usually more thankful for a moment to take a bathroom break or have a quick snack! ;)@chawk17 is right, parents are usually very well-intending, it's just a LOT of "on" time after a long day of school, and is draining. 
  • @neenerneener*neener* said:

Rave: DH has been awesome about doing more with the kids and around the house since I need to rest often due to contractions this week. I'm so thankful that he just says "are you ok? Need anything?" when I sit down to rest for a while. 

Rant: DH will be traveling Sunday to Sunday coming up soon. So I will be flying solo with 2 kids, working full time, and still trying to "rest as much as possible" to prevent contractions/PTL... not sure how that is going to go :( There will also be no communication with DH while he will be gone... going to be a long hard week.

I hope your week goes okay! Is there anyone around who could give you a hand at all?  Maybe this is the week you embrace easy dinners and little shortcuts for sure! :) I hope your contractions calm and make it easier, too! 
  • kbrinks2kbrinks2 member
    edited November 2017
    @lucylou214 I also agree that If the parents questions are all answered and their alloted time isn't up, it is still okay to leave! 
    Our interviews are after school only, as we have no prep at all, so we are at school from 3:30-6:30 for 2 nights which is why we end up with a day off. Even though both nights my interviews went past 7pm. So I am grateful to get something back! 

Edited because I pressed done by accident!
  • @kbrinks2 , I wish we could be compensated, even with a day off! Our school is preschool-grade 8, so there are several different structures of marking terms (preschool / primary / elem. / middle), so it isn't consistent timing, which I'm sure contributes.  It is what it is, and this year, I won't have to do Spring conferences because I'll be out, so there is that?? :) 

• 1) 28 Weeks! Officially Third Tri! Getting closer now!

2) How are you feeling? Feeling pretty good! Recently, I woke up twice with numb hands - must be the way I was sleeping?

3) Any appointments this week? The dreaded glucose test is tomorrow! Taking it first thing in the morning!

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? Over the weekend, I was organizing all of the items that we got from our shower, and making an inventory of the remaining stuff to buy. DH and I will be focusing on setting up the nursery this month before the holiday. Right now, the nursery/guest room is a hot mess! Hopefully, it'll come together!

Our Thanksgiving was well spent with family. Made Thanksgiving pizza and turky chili with the leftovers over the weekend!

I'm caught between being happy the end is near (so uncomfortable) and being apprehensive about how much our life is going to change (and in particular how much DS's life is going to change)

2) How are you feeling?

Pretty much everything @neener*neener* said... (Achy pelvic bones, random contractions, tired, achy, and moody). I'm a lot bigger (both my belly, and in terms of weight gain) than I was with my first, so this third trimester discomfort is a whole new ball game. 

Glucose test and regular midwife appointment this week.

Part rant and part rave, but I'm very thankful I've been able to stay as active as I have with this pregnancy.  In spite of all the aches, pains, and complaints, I've been able to do a combination of running/walking, biking, swimming, and prenatal exercise videos to do at least something active every day.  That being said, why the heck am I so much bigger than last time?!? And regardless of how easy I take it -- while working out or just in general during the day -- I am totally fried by the afternoon and can barely stay awake.  Growing a human is exhausting. 

I'm both boring and a carb addict... so for me it was the rolls this year! Had to make it count in case I fail this glucose test...
  • I'm late to this because I don't like mobile bumping.

1) 28 Weeks! Officially Third Tri! Full on maternity clothes now.

2) How are you feeling? Generally uncomfortable in my abdomen (gee, wonder why?) and the RLP happens more often. I'm able to sleep pretty well, considering the discomfort and constant peeing. The other day I had to clean up a lot of my dog's pee because he was pumped full of fluids at the vet and we didn't realize how bad he had to go, and all the bending over and standing up caused massive pain. So no more of that for me. And last night I woke up with massive heartburn, randomly. But otherwise there's no swelling in my limbs, so silver linings.

3) Any appointments this week? Nope. I have an appointment next week to meet the doc who will do my c-section, but I don't think I'll get an U/S. It's disappointing, I'd like to see him again to see how big he is.

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? This has nothing to do with pregnancy: this past weekend we went to my college for the football game and went out to bars after. We hit up a bar I used to go to, and of course it was full of undergrads (first mistake). I feel like I'm still young, but dammit, that bar made me feel so old. I was one "ma'am" away from crying. We left and went to the bar where the alumni hang out, because it's the bar undergrads went to when I was there and now it's known as "the bar undergrads used to go to" and only alums hang out there now. Much better atmosphere at least. They also serve a dessert called "cookie pie" which is basically an undercooked cookie with ice cream and it was divine, especially because I couldn't drink.

My mom's stuffing. Given I can't eat much food at a time I made sure to load up on stuffing and took the tiniest bit of everything else.

Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• @eggplantface my hubs loves undercooked cookie/ ice cream desserts.

I get the whole bar at college thing ..we went up to watch the Cougs and I felt OLD. I'm only 35, hubs is 31...we aren't that far removed from college. 
  • @eggplantface I may have drooled a little thinking about that cookie pie. 
  • @eggplantface , that sounds AMAZING! I am all about foods like that. Such a sweet tooth!
  • My theory for how they cooked it was put cookie dough on a plate and warm it up, then use a creme brulee torch to cook the top, because the top was cooked like a cookie but the inside was warm and underdone. I really want a torch now just to make this.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18