June 2018 Moms

Weekly Symptoms (Nov. 19)

What fun stuff is happening in your body?

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

Re: Weekly Symptoms (Nov. 19)

• I've been sneezing like crazy for days now! I feel great otherwise, actually got out yesterday for about 6 hours of socialization! It was the best I've felt since finding out I'm pregnant!
  • Giant boobs. I mean, I'm thrilled (cause I've not got much normally) but I have to get new bras because mine are killing me. 
    I'm finally able to drink more than a sip of water at a time!
  • Loading the player...
  • @May14th2011 I'm glad you are happy about the boobs!!! It's one of my least favorite physical changes. My left one gets about a cup size large- and with BF two cups when they are full. I bought an insert to put in the right side last time bc it was so noticeable. 

Im in a really bad mood today. Doesn't help that I've had 3 migraine days this week and today might be turning into one also. Thanks hormones! 
  • srb1028srb1028 member
    edited November 2017
    I am currently 9 weeks and was previously having bloating and extreme breast pain but as of the last few days, I am only experiencing mild breast tenderness. I guess I assumed I would have more symptoms. Any other moms-to-be experiencing a lack of symptoms or have symptoms go away? I am hoping everything is alright but I don't have my first US for another 3 weeks. I am a FTM so unsure what is considered "normal".
    26 y/o FTM (biologically)
    1 Child - Son - 9 y/o
    Married - DH 27 y/o 
    BFP: 10/13/17
    EDD: 6/22/18
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @srb1028 I am also a FTM, 9+6 and I have had the exact same symptoms as you. Some very mild nausea and fatigue but nothing more. The tenderness comes and goes now since I passed 8 weeks. From what I gather this doesn't mean anything is wrong. My mother told me she didn't have any severe symptoms either.
  • I’m almost 11 weeks and have a cold... any suggestions ladies? This cough is something else. Combined with vomiting I’m miserable. 
    TTC 4 years. 7 failed IUI's with either Clomid, Femara and/or Trigger Shots. Started IVF journey in February 2017. Polyps removed in May. 1st IVF Transfer September 26th. BFP. Expected due date 6/14/18. Baby boy born 5/25/18 at 6 lb 9 oz. My bundle of joy. 
  • Been feeling a little weak and dizzy at times, and my nausea is much worse after standing or walking around for awhile. I thought it was maybe just dehydration, but I checked my BP and it was 83/48....so I’m going to try to get up slowly and listen to my body and sit down if I need to! I really pushed fluids yesterday and it was staying in the 90s/60s after that. I’m going to call my OB when they are open and just update them. I’m 10w3d and so ready for the puking to stop, I feel like I can only safely eat pretzels! Also- still waking up in the middle of the night (its 1:20am). But it’s getting better. Other than that, I feel pretty good. 
  • Headaches continue to be my biggest nuisance. They start small and then end up being full on pounding and pressure filled head pains which in turn make me nauseous. As a result, I spent the bulk of the weekend on the couch or in bed with lights off and shades drawn. Luckily (or unluckily), DD had a cold this weekend so she wasn't up for doing a whole lot either. I'm 11+4 today so I'm hoping these are just a first tri woe and they'll start to subside in a week or two. I never experienced headaches with DD. Anyone have any pregnancy safe cures for headaches?
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am still having constant mild morning sickness. It doesn’t matter if I am hungry or full, it is there. It just gets worse if I am overly hungry or overly full! Lol. I have sciatic pain already, as well as shortness of breath. I will be ten weeks tomorrow. Anyone else have shortness of breath this early on? If I move around too quickly, try to talk a lot, etc. I have to catch my breath. I am also having a little mild cramping now and then. Ready for my next appointment next week! 
  • 11 weeks tomorrow, as well as complete of week 1 of weaning off the progesterone supplements. I feel better everyday, which is why I'm almost sure the fatigue and nausea was primarily the pills and not the pg. Tomorrow is my last day taking the progesterone once a day, afterwards I switch to every other day and then I'm done. Other than that my HUNGER IS SERIOUS. When I get hungry I cannot wait even 5 minutes to eat. I have to eat every 3 hours or my stomach gets violent. I wake up like MUST EAT NOW!
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • @Holls214 I make this hot drink:
    1 cup warm/hot water
    1 tbls ACV
    1 tbls honey
    1 tsp lemon juice
    1 tsp cinnamon
    a dash cayenne 

you can also add ginger, but i hate ginger haha I live by this drink too!  It doesn't taste "bad" but it is definitely different haha  I hope you feel better!
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Holls214 - I've been battling a cold for over a week.  Here are some things that helped me:

• I sipped chicken bouillon to help soothe my sore throat (think chicken soup broth).  
    • Kept a vaporizer running in whatever room I was in
    • Got some Vicks wall plug ins (I'm not sure how much those really helped)
    • Bought nasal saline to help unclog my sinuses
    Past pregnancies I also used a neti pot, but I wasn't a fan.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • Thanks ladies! This is just horrible. I’ll definitely try your tips. :) much appreciated! 
    TTC 4 years. 7 failed IUI's with either Clomid, Femara and/or Trigger Shots. Started IVF journey in February 2017. Polyps removed in May. 1st IVF Transfer September 26th. BFP. Expected due date 6/14/18. Baby boy born 5/25/18 at 6 lb 9 oz. My bundle of joy. 
  • 12 weeks and my stomach is just so sore. RLP can chill out for a minute. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @Holls214 I just got over a cold myself! Lots of soups and tea with lemon. I also had my daughters cool mist humidifier running in our bedroom overnight and it did wonders!!
  • @bkrahn I might have to have the hubs pick up a humidifier on his way home and some lemon. Glad you are feeling better. 
  • @Holls214 it was a night & day difference once I started using it! I had it blowing right at me and I never woke up once to cough or because I couldn't breathe. Hope you feel better soon!
  • That sounds amazing! I was awake from 3am to 6am coughing and miserable. Thank you. 
  • Bad nausea day. Sometimes I don't feel like the b6 and unisom is doing anything other than make me feel sleepy all day long and gag taking it since it tastes so bad.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @bearmoons my blood pressure is also running really low. 80s/50s laying down, little bit better sitting up. Going from sitting to standing though, some days is such a joke. My heart rate shoots up, I get nauseous, sweaty, shaky and must immediately lay back down for fear I may pass out. My doctor says it's normal but it feels awful. 
  • burneyonboardburneyonboard member
    edited November 2017
    The round ligament and tailbone pain is getting more uncomfortable. Occasionally the nausea comes and the food aversions are still around. My husband made pork last night and the sight made me nauseous. Also the tiredness has come back but hopefully not for long. Im 10 weeks along. Oh and the mood swings are pretty awful. My poor hubby!

• I came here to see if anyone else is sneezing like crazy and @stephcat421 had the first comment! I have no other cold symptoms but I sneeze all.the.time. Sometimes 3 or 4 times in a row. It's so crazy! Not the worst symptom of course, but glad I'm not the only one.
  • All the sneezing. Particularly bad MS in the evenings. 9/10 I can be guaranteed to throw up dinner. Last night was particularly bad. I accepted today that I have a full on food aversion to chicken. I’ve been in denial about it because I love chicken. However, it’s real. 

As for symptoms, last pregnancy I wasn’t sick like this really. I threw up maybe twice the whole pregnancy and that’s it. After nine weeks even the nausea started to chill. This time is different for me. Don’t worry if your symptoms are milder, it can mean exactly nothing. But I’m living proof that one pregnancy can be vastly different from another. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • So interesting about the sneezing symptom (probably annoying not interesting for those suffering from that). I've never heard of that! Our bodies are so crazy with all the different and varied symptoms.

@harveyabbey77 I suffered pretty bad headaches with my first pregnancy. My OB suggested a magnesium supplement. It seemed to help! I've been taking It with my prenatals since my BFP this time and haven't gotten nearly as many.

My main symptom is just the mild nausea off and on. I constantly want to eat to take the edge off but about half the time that makes it worse. The other night I did have some sharp, persistent cramping that had me a little worried. The next morning, I figured out that it was probably just gas pains *face palm*.
  • I don't want to say I'm glad you all are sneezing with me, but I'm happy I'm not alone/imagining it! Sorry ladies! 
  • Also sneezing here.  Nausea and vomiting is ramping up. Not even fair at 10 weeks. I finally asked for prescription nausea meds. I'm gonna give reglan a try. I opted for no Zofran since it's super constipating. 
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• @amys614 yes! That’s how low mine has been. Monday I almost fainted in a surgery, so I called my OB. I went in, and she said it’s part of being pregnant, and to try to really push fluids. Since I’ve been so nauseated, she gave me diclegis. It seems to be helping so far and I’ve been able to drink quite a bit more today. Hope you feel better!
  • So interesting about the sneezing symptom (probably annoying not interesting for those suffering from that). I've never heard of that! Our bodies are so crazy with all the different and varied symptoms.

@harveyabbey77 I suffered pretty bad headaches with my first pregnancy. My OB suggested a magnesium supplement. It seemed to help! I've been taking It with my prenatals since my BFP this time and haven't gotten nearly as many.

My main symptom is just the mild nausea off and on. I constantly want to eat to take the edge off but about half the time that makes it worse. The other night I did have some sharp, persistent cramping that had me a little worried. The next morning, I figured out that it was probably just gas pains *face palm*.
    Thank you for the suggestion! I'm going to give that a try - one is setting in as I type this!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow, I have never heard of the sneezing. Crazy what changes all of our body systems go through, from your head to your toes. 

No sneezing here, but just a snuffy nose most of the time. Still crazy dreams, still headaches, still gagging if stomach gets a little empty. 

@bearmoons I hope the medicine continues to help. I take the DIY version of b6 + unisom OTC. It saved me and took the edge off so well. It does give me dry mouth, which makes me naturally want to push more fluids anyways. I am not allowed to go the grocery store alone because I always almost pass out. I see a cardiologist because I have SVT and he straight up told me to eat more chips and drinm more water. Trying to still make as many healthy choices as I can, but I just thought it was a riot to hear that from cardio. Im just nervous because low BP supposedly peaks in middle of 2nd trimester and I don't know if my body can handle any lower. 
  • Anyone else having weird first trimester insomnia? I literally wake up at 3am every night, get up and pee, can't go back to sleep and end up just cat napping the rest of the night. I am EXHAUSTED, but for whatever reason, can't stay asleep all night or get back to sleep when I wake up to pee.  This did not happen in my last pregnancies. It's so weird and I'm hoping it's something that passes in the new few weeks.  Also dealing with terrible constipation. :( It's so uncomfortable. Thankfully the nausea has passed and the tender boobs are tolerable at this point, but man I just want to sleep!

EDD 6/18/18
    DD=10/5/10 DS=4/9/13
  • Anyone else having weird first trimester insomnia? I literally wake up at 3am every night, get up and pee, can't go back to sleep and end up just cat napping the rest of the night. I am EXHAUSTED, but for whatever reason, can't stay asleep all night or get back to sleep when I wake up to pee.  This did not happen in my last pregnancies. It's so weird and I'm hoping it's something that passes in the new few weeks.  Also dealing with terrible constipation. :( It's so uncomfortable. Thankfully the nausea has passed and the tender boobs are tolerable at this point, but man I just want to sleep!
    Yep! That describes my every night! Though about 3 of 7 nights I don't fall back to sleep until around 5... Only to have about an hour to sleep until the alarm!
  • @murraydog2008 this happens to me sometimes, but I've found if I eat some crackers it helps for some reason lol. Like, my body is too hungry for sleep? 
  • I’ve been having some cramping since last night that I think is just gas but its hard to tell. It’s pretty low which is what’s throwing me off thinking it might be in the uterus. It went away for awhile but then came back. I haven’t had a poo since Tuesday so hopefully my coffee will kick in soon and that will help. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @krashke hopefully it's nothing! I always get lots of weird cramps when I haven't had a BM in a few days.. hopefully you get some relief soon! 
  • I started having some pains in my lower left groin about 15 minutes ago. Kind of like a throbbing pain. I don't know if it's round ligament pain or eating too much dessert but I wish it would stop it's freaking my brain out.  
  • @katie121209 I'm sorry you are stressing about this. I really don't have too much advice but wanted to say not to panic and hoping it goes away soon!
  • Anyone else dealing with diarrhea?? I’ve had loose stool and the cramping that goes along with it for more than three days now. No spotting or anything. I’m also taking Zofran which is actually supposed to constipate you, if anything...
    Anniversary
  • @amys614 that is pretty funny- I also think it’s funny because there are plenty of other salty foods besides chips, haha. Hopefully we are at the bottom of our low BP, I’m also hopeful that as I get into the 2nd tri I’ll be able to really chug water. 
  • Ughh the nausea is horrible this weekend. I’ve only been able to keep about half of the food I’m eating down. Hopefully this will pass quickly.