July 2018 Moms

Friday Confessions

Haven't seen this one yet...It's that time of the week, we get to give our confessions....

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
They will be forever missed. <3
   Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Friday Confessions

• I think that a good 75% of the products sold at Buy Buy Baby are a crock and a waste of money for impressionable parents that don't know any better. Save your money for more important things people! Your baby does not need all this junk. I promise.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My house *really* needs cleaned but DD needs snuggles today, so we’re doing that instead
  • @amylu914 I hate when people don't return the shopping cart! Such a pet peeve. 
  • amylu914amylu914 member
    edited November 2017
    My confession: I take my son (2 yo) on a car ride every night to go to sleep. Every. Single. Night.

Oh, naps too.

His horrible sleep habits are my biggest source of anxiety when thinking about bringing the new babe into the mix. 
  • @amylu914 I'm impressed you're able to get him from the car seat to bed without waking him up. And yeah my kid still can't fall asleep at night without being nursed to sleep. Ugh. 
  • We announced to my husbands family last night- they were all very excited. We did it because we were seeing them all in the same place and wouldn’t see them all together for a few months. (Everyone is doing something different for Thanksgiving) My confession is that I really didn’t want to tell them yet- I would have like to wait. Selfishly because I haven’t told my parents yet- and I’m the MOM now! Lol  
  • @zande2016 that was literally our dinner last night, but it wasn't organic  :D. I did throw some grapes on the side to make myself feel better 
  • @acunamatada haha! I totally mixed some chopped tomatoes in to make myself feel better too. 
  • amylu914 said:
    @runsomewhere girl that is not a juicy confession. You're supposed to tell us that you don't put away your shopping carts or something scandalous like that. 
    LOL! I felt like that was a legit confession. I remember having moms be like "look at this amazing $400 baby swing that I can control with my smart phone." Meanwhile I'm like bitch please I'll rock my own baby and put that money towards Hawaii.

I'll step up my game with something juicier next time. 
    "Look at this amazing $400 baby swing I'll use for 3 months... And then use to collect laundry for the next 6 until I put it in storage!" 
  • Lol @runsomewhere even though it's not juicy, I wholeheartedly agree. We fell prey to a few of those ridiculous things first time around. I think it's a rite of passage for FTMs. 

@zande2016 the car rides came after I night weaned him. I basically replaced my boobs with a Ford Explorer.
  • edited November 2017
    I love reading these!
  • @runsomewhere I am the exact opposite. I LOVE baby products and cannot control myself in BuyBuyBaby. Thank god we don’t have one close to my new house. 

Going along the same lines. I have a serious stroller addiction. I want all the strollers.
  • @devilcat139 that is hilarious and so worth the 6am effort. I WFH two days a week and it is seriously the best. Currently on my couch in my pajamas with my laptop. 
  • acunamatada you are so much better then me lol. If its during the week my son stays in PJs at the sitters then gets changed for bedtime. Except for today since he leaked out at night. 
  • @wildtot no shame in that! I send him in pajamas to his sitter (grandma) on the weekends. I always have to bring a set of clothes with him though, my mothers convinced he'll grow up to be a bum if he doesn't get dressed every morning. 

• @magzor - me as well! He's leaving work early today and I asked nicely if he would pick up some Popsicle, because I need them.
    Me: 34 DH: 33
    DD: 07/19/18
    EDD: 06/22/22
  • My 10 and 8 year old sons stay in their PJs all weekend. So do I. I have NO WHERE to go in my little village and will rock my PJs at our little ghetto store if I need something :)

My FFFC - coffee. All the coffee. I drink it all day every day with no regrets. I don't switch to decaf, I cut down a little and make sure I'm drinking a lot more water, but with my first pregnancy my OB said as long as I'm drinking water cup for cup between my coffee, no big deal.
  • @runsomewhere EXACTLY!!! I spent SO much money on swaddles and pacifiers and CDs that we never used because everyone was like "you won't know what baby likes, so you should try them all!" My kid liked one of each kind and the rest went in a drawer. I wish I'd saved the money and bought a new one as needed if she hated it. Also, I ended up hating my first diaper bag, stroller, and swing. I would love to love a baby swing, but the one we bought I hated. The diaper bag sits on a shelf, I keep thinking it's cool enough to use as a purse but I really don't use big purses, and the stroller, well, I came across a homeless woman with a baby one day, so at least that went to some good. First world problems, but yes. Babies don't need ALL THE STUFF.
  • My confession: I really hope I show this time around. It's a stupid thing to get worked up over, but I was very overweight with my last baby (still am) with very strong abdominal muscles, and gained only the weight of the baby and the water she was living in. No one who didn't know me thought I was pregnant until I was practically ready to give birth. I just looked like I was getting fatter. No pop, no bump until 8+ months. I know my abdomen isn't as strong after my daughter, so I really hope I get to have a round belly this time and I'll actually look pregnant. It's dumb vanity, I know. But still.
  • @zande2016 @acunamatada I stopped buying organic mac and cheese for two reasons 1) I bought myself Kraft because the organic sucked. And 2) I read an article that basically all boxed mac and cheese, even organic, contains some of the same crap you would prefer to not ingest, so it helped me excuse it. 
  • SmashJamSmashJam member
    edited November 2017
    @magzor i did the same last time around and will bust it out when the nausea gets unbearable, but I also added Seabands because last time around the morning sickness lasted until well into Tri 2.  Although, hard to excuse those until everyone around you knows, people seem to know exactly what they are for and are a dead giveaway when people see them on your wrists.

@AKFarmerBecky like, no big deal beyond the 12/200mg limit? I have been waking up with some headaches because I immediately cut back and some cushion would be nice I drank lots of coffee pre BFP.

ETA: another tag.
  • My Friday confession - just found out a coworker is KU as well, and I spilled the beans, but we are keeping it a secret between us. She's 3w ahead of me. I promised not to tell anyone, well I failed! hahahaha. This is such a hard secret to keep!
    Me: 34 DH: 33
    DD: 07/19/18
    EDD: 06/22/22
  • My Friday confession - just found out a coworker is KU as well, and I spilled the beans, but we are keeping it a secret between us. She's 3w ahead of me. I promised not to tell anyone, well I failed! hahahaha. This is such a hard secret to keep!
    That's fun! Last time a co-worker friend was 2 months ahead of me it was fun to have another prego at work. This time I don't know of anyone else yet but I'm eyeing people thinking about who my KU buddy might be this time around. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @SmashJam I buy the natures promise white cheddar shells because they're yummy but besides that we're a kraft family. (Or velveeta when I'm feeling fancy  ;)
  • @SmashJam I swore by my seabands last time! I didn't even try unisom+b6 and now I really wish I had.  I already bought a new pair for this pregnancy, but I'm holding off wearing them because most of my work shirts would show the bands (3/4 sleeves or very thin fabric) and I'm nowhere near ready for my boss to know.  And she's know in a second this time since I wore them last time. 
  • @ajsanders-2 I had two or three work friends who knew early last time too. It IS a hard secret to keep! Luckily I just have to not tell my son since I stay at home now, haha.
  • I got up at 6 this morning (ok I was up at 4 because I went to sleep at 8...) went into the office in sweatpants (I work at a corporate formal/fortune 50 company so this is more inappropriate than it sounds) to grab my laptop so I could stay in my sweatpants all day and work from home. So worth it 
    This is awesome and I am so jealous.  I wish I was at home today!
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Here is my confession... I got road ragey before even getting out of my driveway. With a school bus. Who happens to be driven by my neighbor... and I loathe her. She is the rudest. 

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My kids are both playing on tablets right now. It’s so quiet in my house. I don’t feel guilty one little bit. 
  • @christycalifornia I hope you get to show this time around! I can understand the disappointment of not showing- isn’t that why we get pregnant- to have the cute little bumb? Jk jk. I hope your abdomen is whimpy these days! 
  • I brought my lunch to work today and ended up having pizza instead, and I'm about to have pizza again for dinner because everything else sounds repulsive. 

• @christycalifornia I hope you get to show this time around! I can understand the disappointment of not showing- isn’t that why we get pregnant- to have the cute little bumb? Jk jk. I hope your abdomen is whimpy these days! 
    That was the funniest and best wish ever!
  • I drank a Monster today.